• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion Thread Part 3: Road to star level

I mean all together. I believe all Yonkou and Admirals are about the same anyways.

The highest calcs Whitebeard heard, were ironically matches and stopped by Aokiji and Akainu.

People have this weird obsession over Old Beard being the strongest. And it's just....weird?
It's mostly due to the anime, where it's potrayed as whitebeard not being able to use his full strength yet mopping akainu who was the strongest admiral and making akainu look scared.

Also in the anime whitebeard doesn't lose half of his face which skews perception on him.

Old Whitebeard was half of the reason Marineford was so awesome, and debatably got the best feats in the verse (got One Piece upgraded several times)

so people conflating that, with the fact that he was the rival to Roger in his prime?

it makes sense to me, although its not correct

It's mostly due to the anime, where it's potrayed as whitebeard not being able to use his full strength yet mopping akainu who was the strongest admiral and making akainu look scared.

Also in the anime whitebeard doesn't lose half of his face which skews perception on him.
I’d argue Akainu looks more impressive in the anime.

Whitebeard beat Akainu with two hits in the Manga, Akainu kept up better in the Anime imo

MrBopo

Paramount
I mean all together. I believe all Yonkou and Admirals are about the same anyways.

The highest calcs Whitebeard heard, were ironically matches and stopped by Aokiji and Akainu.

People have this weird obsession over Old Beard being the strongest. And it's just....weird?
Old beard is often portrayed as the strongest pirate. It's understandable that people would believe that

I’d argue Akainu looks more impressive in the anime.

Whitebeard beat Akainu with two hits in the Manga, Akainu kept up better in the Anime imo
I'd argue the general Anime watcher doesn't look too deep other than what looks impressive. Ofc as you said WB did all these impressive feats.

And WB running down Akainu once he got mad in the anime and squished him like a bug despite being sick also coupled with the fact that WB wasn't taken down by Akainu but BB in a cheap way.

All these small factors basically make anime viewers think Sickbeard > Akainu and Healthy WB >>>>>>> Admiral. Especially when Ace and Aoikiji are stalemating with their powers.

maxresdefault.jpg

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
that's true

honestly am I alone in that I hated how the reverie "ended"
it really felt like a waste of an arc and all the revolutionaries besides Karasu were super lame

MrBopo

Paramount
that's true

honestly am I alone in that I hated how the reverie "ended"
it really felt like a waste of an arc and all the revolutionaries besides Karasu were super lame
Reverie was rushed, I'm sure if Oda made it a full arc then it would be more fleshed out. It's funny Oda said he wants to end One piece as soon as possible but also makes his arcs alot longer because of all the ideas he gets :mjlol

MrBopo

Paramount
Plays a big factor or he'd get kicked to the curb like kubo did, despite him not finishing bleach as he wanted :lul
It's an enabler that allows Oda to expand more on his work but Oda isn't dragging out his series because of the popularity

It's an enabler that allows Oda to expand more on his work but Oda isn't dragging out his series because of the popularity
That's not something neither of us can say for certainty. I'm sure it's not the main reason but it is part of the reason.

I'm sure no author would like to put out work on a weekly basis because of how draining that is but the japanese have different work ethics.

Back