• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion Thread Part 3: Road to star level

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Oh, while I don't feel like putting the math to paper right now so to speak? I think you can at least tell which direction it'll go in by posting the introduction for both versions of Dressrosa I'm thinking about.

Both involve equating Hajrudin's height to the pipes the Colosseum losers are dropped down and dragged up by Trebol. After all, if Hajrudin was bigger than the pipes are wide, he could conceivably have resisted falling down and being pulled up the shoot just through sheer girth.

Method 3 of 4: Dressrosa Port Ceiling Height

GkOTWMX.png

Pipe = 5 pixels
Ceiling = 515 pixels

Ceiling/Pipe = 103

Pipe = 22 meters (Hajrudin's height)
Ceiling = 2,266 meters

GNYPYsS.png

Ceiling = 83 pixels
Former Royal Plateau Diameter = 279 pixels
Ground Thickness = 51 pixels

Former Royal Plateau Diameter/Ceiling = 3.371
Ground Thickness/Ceiling = 0.614

Former Royal Plateau Diameter = 7,638.686 meters
Ground Thickness = 1,391.324 meters

So bigger than the 6,074.771 meters for the Former Royal Plateau Diameter and 1,111.683 meters Ground Thickness found here, but smaller than the 8,278.421 meters for the Former Royal Plateau Diameter and 1,514.951 meters Ground Thickness found here.

Method 4 of 4: Officer's Tower Diameter

MWjvTJS.png

Pipe = 10 pixels
Dome Diameter = 418 pixels

Dome Diameter/Pipe = 41.8

Pipe = 22 meters (Hajrudin's height)
Dome Diameter = 919.6 meters

TaknAnk.png

Dome Diameter = 26 pixels
Former Royal Plateau Diameter = 279 pixels
Ground Thickness = 51 pixels

Former Royal Plateau Diameter/Dome Diameter = 10.731
Ground Thickness/Dome Diameter = 1.962

Former Royal Plateau Diameter = 9,868.228 meters
Ground Thickness = 1,804.255 meters

So this one ends up being the largest in scope and scale of all the results I can derive of my 4 chosen means of scaling. You can scale Dressrosa numerous ways, but its neat the number of them for it being massive are numerous.

MrBopo

Paramount
Of course, because King Kong Gun is bullshit and Luffy's a tank.
Thus g4 luffy defeats doffy without the help of the gladiators
Off White gave a middle finger to Double Culverin, so don't bullshit me buddy :maybe

Great defense, spitting all that blood.
Luffy was still able to block it from fully piercing him.
No, this is perfectly congruent as I don't particularly view Gear 4 to Base as that big of a gap. You guys overstate this shit way too much.
G4 luffy can easily brake Doffy's strings , base Luffy can't
0790-012.png

0790-013.png

0790-016.png

0785-016.png

Doffy can easily deal with no g4 Luffy
0783-009.png

0783-016.png

0780-011.png

If a slicing attack needs only a fraction of a blunt attack's power to cause harm, a piercing attack only needs a similar fraction of a slashing attack to do that same.

Welcome to high school physics, this isn't complicated
That's not how haki works

0690-009.png

0778-012.png

0690-015.png

Cracker slicing his arm means jackshit as a far superior/efficient transfer of force colliding straight on with Luffy did fuck all for both Cracker and Doffy. Ergo, the protection afforded by Haki external to the focused area is X times weaker than where its most concentrated. Doffy failing to hurt luffy with blunt force is perfectly congruent to Cracker giving him a minor gash (has to be he couldn't slash the full way through, lest you try claiming Cracker a fucking statue in speed compared to Gear 4, which is demonstrably bullshit)
Athlete is a cutting ability just like crackers
0782-008.png

0782-009.png

Cracker wasn't able to damage tank man and by the name/feats its a form more durable than bound man. That doesn't even matter as against bound man cracker can harm it while doffy cannot.
0842-011.png

0842-012.png

Kong Gun's just Gomu Gomu no Bullet though? Culverine's effectively the Gear 2nd punch of his Gear 4 Arsenal. Not that we get a clean shot of the compression behind Culverine, but Doffy was spitting enough blood between it, Kong Gun, and Rhino Schneider anyway. If there's a distinction, for the attacks below KKG, I'm not seeing where they land. They all had similar effect.
Kong Gun is not bullet.

Kong Gun does the compression,

Culverine is the one that tracks Doffy

one is tankier than the other is more of a homing punch.

Leo Bazooka is literally just two Kong Guns

No, again, Cracker cut Luffy's arm at an angle tagent to the force of the blow. It intereacted with fuck all of the power that Doffy endured in the process.

And again, the only way Cracker's cutting Luffy arm where piercing attacks did absolutely nothing is if his Haki protection was thinner on his forearm than fist.
It was in an angle, but it still cut Luffy’s armament in Gear 4

It was significant enough that Luffy in G4 decided dodging that sword over actually trying to overpower it like he did the biscuit soldier’s Pretzel Sword.
How can you claim it wrecked Doffy harder when Doffy was perfectly able to move around after the fact? The shield that broke blunted the first one, the second one caused the body to break in half.
Mind you that was the biscuit soldier. Cracker actually made him bleed during the second time when the soldier finally broke.

its not a one-to-one comparison, i’ll give you that. Doffy ate it, and was overpowered by it. Cracker’s biscuit soldier broke, but he cut G4’s arm in the process

The only reason Cracker probably didn't rip in half from Cannon Ball is because Biscuits are more rigid than people as a material.
Note that Nami weakened the biscuit soldiers beforehand. Not that it would make MUCH of a difference

Sure, but ultimately he was bitching about how Luffy was fighting either way :maybe
Yeah, as he described it. Luffy fought, ran away and then when Nami weakened the biscuit soldiers he ate them.

It just tells me the rate Cracker can produce Biscuit Soldiers is bullshit, not that he's faster.
He dodged all of G4 Luffy’s attacks in what we’ve actually seen, tho. Although it looks weird, because I though he just let buisquits defend while he struck. But it seems the punches are being dodged in this one panel :hmm

ltG4cpJARz4rUfWorn9u1611721948.jpg

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Thus g4 luffy defeats doffy without the help of the gladiators
Because of an attack that would have wrecked anyone short of Katakuri up to that point
Luffy was still able to block it from fully piercing him.
Which is demonstrably worse than the physical strength (that can at least block/brace and march forward against Kong Organ Gun) behind the Biscuit Soldiers and their own piercing attacks vs Base Luffy.

Honestly, the more I look at this, the less I'm inclined to take any showing of cutting/penetrating Luffy too seriously as some kind of grand showing.
G4 luffy can easily brake Doffy's strings , base Luffy can't
0790-012.png
That's barely a feat, what are you even on about? The restraint was hardly one of substantial girth. Unless you're appealing to the time he strung up Jozu, which be my guest. I'm all for Gear 4 Luffy having that kind of raw strength
Cracker never fought anything approaching KKG, why even bring this up? Shit man, its a feat in Doffy's corner that all he suffered from this was a KO.
Interesting you call this "easy" when its rather silly given he could have just slammed it with Leo Bazooka if the strings didn't pose substantial impediment to the power of Luffy's chosen finisher. Off White, in Luffy's mind, was something to get rid of, lest Leo Bazooka not actually deliver the impact he was looking for.
Doffy can easily deal with no g4 Luffy
No
Me said:
This whole "Base Luffy stat gap" thing is just the fandom having a poor conception of how minute these power ups functionally are in the context of this hobby.

Protects Kyros and defends against double Doffy just fine. Doffy is wary of Luffy without using his Haki enough to employ his Armament at all in time for Gear 2nd (he was right to be wary as shown by Red Hawk later on). Double CoA Doffy's assault (blunt and slicing) does little more than have non-CoA Luffy exclaim that hurt and bleed from the slice respectively.

Competently fends off both Doffy controlled Bellamy and Doffy's slice in base with CoA using Octo Stomp. Wrecked the Doffy double with Jet Gatling. After Luffy onesidedly took Belemy's beating? The clash with Elephant Gun and Spider Web doesn't really tell us much (Elephant Gun didn't break it, but Spider Web didn't push it back), but we do know from his dodging that Doffy wanted fuck all of Hawk Gatling.

Now, as for after Doffy ate and recovered from Law's Gamma Knife and Counter Shock (basically Doffy's equivalent to a handicapping that Belemy's beating served for Luffy [as is alluded here], just Luffy's wasn't as severe because he can't pseudo regenerate like Doffy, so it kind of evens out anyway)? You have this entire relatively equal exchange that only ends once Doffy catches Luffy in the air (as in, Luffy can't brace). Kind of nonsense Doffy called his attack weightless given just a second ago he was spitting blood from Luffy... and proceeds to clash with Luffy evenly again? Grizzly Magnum, while too slow, is definitely implied to be something Doffy wants no business catching either.

Only particularly shitty showings for Base Luffy vs Doffy were here and here. Beyond that, what we saw was a mostly even fight with a minor edge in favor of the pink asshole. Luffy was causing his ass pain when it counted and when he wasn't, both he and Doffy demonstrated some form of physical + CoA parity with Doffy holding an edge. Gear 4th was beyond Doffy, but not so much that he didn't take a good beating without notable critical injury beyond the final KO (all of which are in the post here). You're not talking a substantial multiplier, especially for this hobby. 5-10x would be a massive exaggeration.

Gave my analysis and everything. Did the whole fight, not just contextless scans.
That's not how haki works
Nothing you posted contradicted my stance related to physics, its airy bullshit that sounds cool in a shonen.

This is not how you do this hobby, give me substance. The only thing of note is X haki > Y haki = harm Y... which is entirely in line with what I was saying.
Athlete is a cutting ability just like crackers
The trail of strings never made it to that point. Doffy kicks like a dumbass, mind you, but only the point of his foot ever got around to touching Luffy's side.
Cracker wasn't able to damage tank man and by the name/feats its a form more durable than bound man. That doesn't even matter as against bound man cracker can harm it while doffy cannot.
Tankman isn't hundreds of times more durable than Bound Man, let alone base. They all have the same reserve of haki to work with, just Muscle Balloon is some unknown quantity in terms of measure. The outlier is being cut at all, be it Doffy or Cracker.

Bound Man also has no reason to duck Off White if it was impotent to causing Luffy harm, demonstrated, again, by the fact it can block his Double Culverin and would have (implicit by the fact he took extra actions at all) muted Leo Bazooka to the point he needed to break through with Gear 4's version of Gomu Gomu no Bell.

Also, mind hyperlinking instead of embeds please? The spoilers don't hide jackshit when I'm quoting you.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I don't understand.

They'll accept the Bleach calcs, but hate the OP calcs made by the same guy who made the Bleach calcs.

At a certain point its not the calc, or the poster its the series.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Kong Gun is not bullet.

Kong Gun does the compression,

Culverine is the one that tracks Doffy

one is tankier than the other is more of a homing punch.
Culverin compressed too though.
Leo Bazooka is literally just two Kong Guns
Which was curiously something Luffy needed to ensure was unimpeded by Off White so he was confident it could do its job as a finisher.
It was in an angle, but it still cut Luffy’s armament in Gear 4
It was at an angle entirely unrelated to the force of Luffy's punch. The same punch when hit head on suffers no damage from something with substantially less surface area from something with comparable physical might.

Like, if you have 2 people with comparable physical might, and one is going for a stab and the other the punch, the knife is going to pierce the punch even if they're otherwise comparable everywhere else that matters.
It was significant enough that Luffy in G4 decided dodging that sword over actually trying to overpower it like he did the biscuit soldier’s Pretzel Sword.
Same can be said about Luffy ducking Doffy's numerous Off White attacks.

Also, seems like Luffy didn't have time to give his own offering to counter, rather than Cracker was too strong to counter at all.
Mind you that was the biscuit soldier. Cracker actually made him bleed during the second time when the soldier finally broke.

its not a one-to-one comparison, i’ll give you that. Doffy ate it, and was overpowered by it. Cracker’s biscuit soldier broke, but he cut G4’s arm in the process
I'm starting to convince myself the fact Luffy's being cut/pierced at all is the incongruity here tbh.
Note that Nami weakened the biscuit soldiers beforehand. Not that it would make MUCH of a difference
Took that as more a durability thing, not their raw physical strength.
Yeah, as he described it. Luffy fought, ran away and then when Nami weakened the biscuit soldiers he ate them.

He dodged all of G4 Luffy’s attacks in what we’ve actually seen, tho.
Honestly, I don't think Boundman is substantially faster than Base. Its Snakeman that's more the analog to Gear 2, just that Boundman is like a balanced version that incorporates both 2 and 3 into it?
Although it looks weird, because I though he just let buisquits defend while he struck. But it seems the punches are being dodged in this one panel :hmm
Can't tell myself. You talking about the "pap pap" SFX? Might be that he's deflecting the debris?

Last edited:

MrBopo

Paramount
Because of an attack that would have wrecked anyone short of Katakuri up to that point
Not at all Doffy would not have survived another round against g4.

Which is demonstrably worse than the physical strength (that can at least block/brace and march forward against Kong Organ Gun) behind the Biscuit Soldiers and their own piercing attacks vs Base Luffy.

Honestly, the more I look at this, the less I'm inclined to take any showing of cutting/penetrating Luffy too seriously as some kind of grand showing.
It just means that Biscuit soldiers are more druable/stronger than their attacks. Also the Luffy that fought Cracker is > Dr Luffy, it has been already established that the strawhats get stronger after each island proof and how haki improves after battle proof. We even have Luffy complain how his Haki isn't strong enough to block Hodys bite yet proof showing that Luffys haki will improve later on.

That's barely a feat, what are you even on about? The restraint was hardly one of substantial girth. Unless you're appealing to the time he strung up Jozu, which be my guest. I'm all for Gear 4 Luffy having that kind of raw strength
How is breaking parasite not a feat? Luffy was the first person to do and character such as Sanji couldn't brake it link
Cracker never fought anything approaching KKG, why even bring this up? Shit man, its a feat in Doffy's corner that all he suffered from this was a KO.
It's not about cracker the part you quoted is addressing the claim that the gap between non-g4 Luffy isn't big.
Interesting you call this "easy" when its rather silly given he could have just slammed it with Leo Bazooka if the strings didn't pose substantial impediment to the power of Luffy's chosen finisher. Off White, in Luffy's mind, was something to get rid of, lest Leo Bazooka not actually deliver the impact he was looking for.

No
I'll admit I was wrong to use the word easily it's more about Doffy being able to handle base Luffy while being outclassed by g4 Luffy.
Gave my analysis and everything. Did the whole fight, not just contextless scans.

Nothing you posted contradicted my stance related to physics, its airy bullshit that sounds cool in a shonen.

This is not how you do this hobby, give me substance. The only thing of note is X haki > Y haki = harm Y... which is entirely in line with what I was saying.
I'll drop it
The trail of strings never made it to that point. Doffy kicks like a dumbass, mind you, but only the point of his foot ever got around to touching Luffy's side.
Fair enough
Tankman isn't hundreds of times more durable than Bound Man, let alone base.
I never said that thumb suck value. I said by feats tankman is more durable than bound man.
They all have the same reserve of haki to work with, just Muscle Balloon is some unknown quantity in terms of measure. The outlier is being cut at all, be it Doffy or Cracker.
How is cracker cutting bound man Luffy an outlier, These are two different forms. We already saw with G4 that can himself more durable. I don't see why it's impossible for Luffy to have a form more durable than boundman, Luffy even showed that he has a form that's quicker than boundman with snakeman.
Bound Man also has no reason to duck Off White if it was impotent to causing Luffy harm, demonstrated, again, by the fact it can block his Double Culverin and
One of your link shows Luffy getting hit by off white Off and not taking damage, the yellow mark is to show impact example. Bound man Luffy dodges it as if he got hit it would still disrupt him from attacking/getting closer to Doffy.
would have (implicit by the fact he took extra actions at all) muted Leo Bazooka to the point he needed to break through with Gear 4's version of Gomu Gomu no Bell.
Luffy did that so he can get a clean hit and maximize his damage with the Leo Bazooka.
Also, mind hyperlinking instead of embeds please? The spoilers don't hide jackshit when I'm quoting you.
Sure thing

Last edited:

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The spoilers are out.

It looks like two Novas need to be officially be moved out YC1 tier.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
If they're put in a tier list should Awakening Law and Awakening Kidd be separate from their normal versions like G4 Luffy given just how gigantic the boosts seem to be?

Same question for Sanji. Should his Exo-Skeleton Powerup be counted as a different version? Given how badly Sanji's body was messed up by Queen's Snake move it's easy to imagine Sanji would've died to that attack if he hadn't already started to "transform".

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Nah it muddles things a bit.

Because it's the OBD setting and 90% of the time everyone starts out their strongest form. I just put Law and kidd.

I only do it for different arcs. So I'll have Dressrosa Law, and Wano Law.

I'm also probably going to get rid of the YC tier alltogether anyways considering everything been going on.

Back