• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion Thread Part 3: Road to star level

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Random question, but you’ve gotta figure that Fin Luffy destroyed on the Baratie was solid wood, right? Should have sank once broken if it had hollow spaces because buoyancy and shit.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Random question, but you’ve gotta figure that Fin Luffy destroyed on the Baratie was solid wood, right? Should have sank once broken if it had hollow spaces because buoyancy and shit.
Well the fin was attached to the main ship by a mechanism that could raise and lower. The parts holding it up must have survived Luffy's attack which is why it didn't sink.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Nah, it completely detached if you look at it.
So it is, you're right.
0059-011.png

It looks like, for the most part Luffy just put a bunch of cracks in it and only a few sections broke off completely.

So solid enough to stay afloat I guess?

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
So it is, you're right.
0059-011.png

It looks like, for the most part Luffy just put a bunch of cracks in it and only a few sections broke off completely.
That level of destruction is still sufficient for the 8.34 j/cc we use on the volume. Completely resembles the force of hydraulic press vs log YouTube videos I’ve found.
So solid enough to stay afloat I guess?
Can’t imagine it had any real hollow space to not sink at all.

Great Potato

Preeminent
Drake hype was so high entering the time-skip and now Oda needs to slap Apoo with yet another nerf in order for Drake to face him.

Apoo has now been given two major weaknesses to his ability, has taken hits from both Zoro and Kid, has been tag-teamed, targeted by the entire floor of ice zombies, had his weapons destroyed, and Drake has still been out here struggling the last 40 chapters trying to put him down.

Back