• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion Thread Part 3: Road to star level

Warlordgab

Illustrious
Even though Gold is non Canon. The scene where Lucci fought Sabo was written and drawn by Oda as revealed in Databook Blue.

So Lucci being YC1 is pretty high on there. Can't wait to see him again

Could you please share a screenshot or that quote from the data book? I know Oda made that kind of contributions to the Film, but some people may remain skeptical if we don't show them some evidence

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Naruto was actually Sanji's original name. That's why I called him that. To keep the name ambiguous lol.

But I get it. But I trust in Oda.

Naruto was actually Sanji's original name. That's why I called him that. To keep the name ambiguous lol.

But I get it. But I trust in Oda.
I get that, but its ironic because that is the EXACT series that ruined its own message about hard work even more because of predetermined factors. Naruto was good once.

So while I trust Oda, I also understand that nothing is perfect and even the best stories can turn on a dime

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I gotta say, I’m not that big a fan of

Sanji maybe awakening some sort of exoskeleton like his family. I don’t like that direction for someone like Sanji. Genuinely feel like it lessens his character for me.
yeah I really hope this turns out to not be the case, it'd really fuck up his entire arc from Whole Cake Island, which some people already feel was pushing it from his original backstory. What I hope happens is this is just some weird side-effect/powerup from using the Raid Suit, not a permanent change to him

yeah I really hope this turns out to not be the case, it'd really fuck up his entire arc from Whole Cake Island, which some people already feel was pushing it from his original backstory. What I hope happens is this is just some weird side-effect/powerup from using the Raid Suit, not a permanent change to him
I can hear certain Zoro fans already arguing that he’s the only hard worker in the crew

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The motion is stupid.

A gifted athlete and it musician is not going to make it if they don't have hard work ethic.

Sanji having latent abilities that he didn't awaken until he was fighting the 1% of the verse doesn't make Sanji any less of a hard worker.

The motion is stupid.

A gifted athlete and it musician is not going to make it if they don't have hard work ethic.

Sanji having latent abilities that he didn't awaken until he was fighting the 1% of the verse doesn't make Sanji any less of a hard worker.
This all started with Queen mentioning that Diable Jamble was probably due to an enhancement

so it actually might reach since Ennis Lobby, with all the talk of his passion being the fuel.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
But that still wouldn't make it an undeserved powerup though.

Sanji literally put himself in situations that forced his body to grow. Nothing that happens disproves Sanji is not a hard worker.

And honestly I think people way overreact to much.

But that still wouldn't make it an undeserved powerup though.

Sanji literally put himself in situations that forced his body to grow. Nothing that happens disproves Sanji is not a hard worker.

And honestly I think people way overreact to much.
If we're going to be fair, this is a shonen, and literally all three of them had an asspull powerup in Enis Lobby. That didn't diminish their accomplishments during that arc.

While Sanji is getting a powerup that's from Genetics rather than just training, it doesn't take away that much considering the character himself has been restricting his fighting style to only his legs, so he isn't allowed to get magic swords/ making him a D would diminish luffy. So this is what he gets. Both of the other monster trio also have gotten powerups handed to them.

One more note: his siblings have the same power yet aren't close to where Sanji is, this is proof of his hard work.

MrBopo

Paramount
This all started with Queen mentioning that Diable Jamble was probably due to an enhancement

so it actually might reach since Ennis Lobby, with all the talk of his passion being the fuel.
His passion is still the fuel for his power. The angle Oda is going to go is how Sanji's emotions power him

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
If we're going to be fair, this is a shonen, and literally all three of them had an asspull powerup in Enis Lobby. That didn't diminish their accomplishments during that arc.

While Sanji is getting a powerup that's from Genetics rather than just training, it doesn't take away that much considering the character himself has been restricting his fighting style to only his legs, so he isn't allowed to get magic swords/ making him a D would diminish luffy. So this is what he gets. Both of the other monster trio also have gotten powerups handed to them.

One more note: his siblings have the same power yet aren't close to where Sanji is, this is proof of his hard work.
Let's frame this post !

His passion is still the fuel for his power. The angle Oda is going to go is how Sanji's emotions power him
That was already a thing before the reveal tho?

Isn’t the entire point of whole cale island actually built around this?

I stress this fact that we still don’t exactly know how its gonna happen, so I am hoping for the best.

Let me stress this with saying that Asspull powerups are not a good thing. Across the board. It was already a negative.

the fact that they get their power ups handed to them is not a good thing either.

and Sanji already being superior to his siblings DESPITE not having genetic enhancements was always a better story than him being superior to his siblings because of hard work + genetics.

I’m not gonna assume the worst just yet. But imo it sounds like it’ll be a downgrade in the story, even if its an upgrade in strength.

Let me stress this with saying that Asspull powerups are not a good thing. Across the board. It was already a negative.

the fact that they get their power ups handed to them is not a good thing either.

and Sanji already being superior to his siblings DESPITE not having genetic enhancements was always a better story than him being superior to his siblings because of hard work + genetics.

I’m not gonna assume the worst just yet. But imo it sounds like it’ll be a downgrade in the story, even if its an upgrade in strength.
I understand where you're coming from and I sympathise with you, my main point was just to illustrate that it's not as bad as you're making it out to be, after all it is a shonen manga that is has a target demographic that will definitely enjoy the changes he's going through even if it is a bit cheap,

I personally find it less cheaper than any of Zoro's or Luffy's powerups, his one was actually explained even if people didn't like how the story evolved on WCI/his choices.

It's just that these things have been hapenning for the past decade, it seems a little bit late being surprised at what has unfolded. Again, I'm sorry you're not happy with how his character is being handled but it's an inevitable consequence on how he was being handled these past few arcs.

Back