• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion Thread Part 3: Road to star level

it's less hype and more that he canonically is the only person to have ever freed slaves and attacked Mariejois. It was mentioned a bunch of times and is basically perfect flashback material. How the hell did he pull that off? How did the admirals not zap him? The only other time we've ever heard of celestial dragons and their slaves being in any danger was God Valley, so it was a pretty significant event and was weird that Oda glossed over it to show us something much less interesting
We don’t even know what Admirals where there

Kizaru, Aokiji, and Sakazuki were a bunch of Vice Admirals at the time

Sengoku and Garp were the ones active back then

MrBopo

Paramount

The only know admiral at the time was Sengoku, Kizaru was still an vice-admiral and most likely Aokiji and Akainu as well as Fisher tiger freed Hancock when she was 16 and shes 29 in pre-ts

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

I'm sure there have always been powerful Admirals in the Marines regardless. Fujitora shows they'll even source talent from outside Marine ranks to ensure there's strength there. Garp being involved in Tiger's escape would make sense though, he straight up refused to be promoted to Admiral because he hated the Celestial Dragons so much and didn't even give a shit about them at Mariejois :mjlol

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It's funny, I told my dad about this series and that I was reading it and he got me a poster for Christmas, and it was Luffy's wanted poster.

I just got around to putting it up and noticed it was 1,500,000 and thought "isn't like his ENTIRE crew higher than that now" and yeah they basically are...except for Chopper. Little dude really needs to do something at some point, get his rep up. 🤣

But it really puts in perspective how long this series has been going doesn't it? :maybe

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
It's funny, I told my dad about this series and that I was reading it and he got me a poster for Christmas, and it was Luffy's wanted poster.

I just got around to putting it up and noticed it was 1,500,000 and thought "isn't like his ENTIRE crew higher than that now" and yeah they basically are...except for Chopper. Little dude really needs to do something at some point, get his rep up. 🤣

But it really puts in perspective how long this series has been going doesn't it? :maybe
Poor Chopper arc to arc and they still think he's a damn pet :russ

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

I wish it was longer to be honest.

Idk the length doesn't bother me as much as other people. The waiting bothers me.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Poor Chopper arc to arc and they still think he's a damn pet :russ
Chopper needs to beat himself a big name in front of a crowd, that ought to make people take him seriously. :maybe

Idk the length doesn't bother me as much as other people. The waiting bothers me.
I wasn't really dissing the length, more I was praising how far it and it's characters have come and how long it's lasted.
Speaks volumes for how good the series is really.

Great Potato

Preeminent

Luffy's very first bounty was 30,000,000

They just made a typo on your poster and forgot a few zeros on his current bounty.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Luffy's very first bounty was 30,000,000
Yeah I was thinking that as well, 'cause I remembered that Buggy and the other East Blue Villains were already in the Millions and Luffy's bounty was higher than theirs. Hell Himura the bandit from chapter one was 8 million. :maybe
They just made a typo on your poster and forgot a few zeros on his current bounty.
Yeah but it's still a nice poster, I'm not gonna begrudge the absence of a few zeros.

MrBopo

Paramount

Considering all the stuff Oda has cut, one piece could have been alot longer. For Oda's full vision of marineford arc he said he would need 50 pages a chapter :mjlol

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The Morj just had a meltdown on Twitter on why Wano is a bad arc.

I mean the guy is a bad reviewer. When you make ahitty copy paste theory videos and become a meme on the raid will fail..then you deserve to get ahitted.on tbh.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Like he was trying to say all the EL fights were nothing but pure tension.

But I remember Kumadori being locked in a refrigerator and Chopper tossing different drinks at Franky to see what he would turn into. While Furkuro calling Franky "Mr. Panties". Calphia thinking Nami was Chopper. Zoro having gag reactions to Kaku etc.

Idk he seems to be tight because everything is falling for him.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
marineford is the only big fight I can think of in OP that was entirely devoid of any gags whatsoever, maybe Dressrosa's final fight too, but even things like Enel and Katakuri had some comedy sprinkled in

Back