• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion thread: Toon Level feats only please.

Who is the strongest person in OP now?

• Total voters

GoldenHeart

Preeminent
Interesting.

Emeth(well more appropriately pronounced "Emet" if you refer to the Hebrew word)means truth in Hebrew. This reminds me of a Jewish folklore tale where during dire times the Jewish people's cry for help was heard by the Rabbis in the heavens which made them summon forth a golem. Said golem was brought to life by putting a piece of paper with the word "Emet" in the desired material which brought it to life.
Once they wanted to stop its activity they simply erased the first letter(Alef - can be pronounced in several ways depending on the context like Eh, Ee, Ah)resulting in the word "Met" which is Hebrew for dead.

Pretty fucking cool to think Oda might have used this Jewish tale as inspiration. But maybe I'm reaching a bit(?)
Just remembered Shaman King also had a robot golem named Emeth lol

So yeah, it's not really that weird for japanese people to know this kinda stuff. Oda has referenced Blake, Dante, etc

Doronbo_Shirake

悩ましポーズ
GRDe8DwaEAAqGZ6

Luffy says you guys refering to Franky, Bonney and Sanji. So this means Franky has haki too?

Great Potato

Preeminent
Oda continues giving Franky some incredible treatment this arc. Oda highlights his punch alongside Sanji's strongest attack and Bonney's makeshift Nika punch, and he wasn't portrayed to not belong alongside them in that combo.

Great Potato

Preeminent
Wapol, Dalton, Tashigi and Smoker's actors revealed.

Not familiar with their work, but they all look the part. The only thing that's a bit iffy to me is that I don't believe Julia Rehwald looks much like the actress who played Kuina.

what-would-be-your-reaction-if-they-made-the-exact-same-v0-ens6fw41qaob1.jpg

Which could be jarring if Zoro still claims Tashigi looks identical to his old friend, but it should be easy enough to alter Zoro's dialogue at Logue Town to be less about how Tashigi copied his friend's appearance and more that she vaguely reminds him of her.

Oda continues giving Franky some incredible treatment this arc. Oda highlights his punch alongside Sanji's strongest attack and Bonney's makeshift Nika punch, and he wasn't portrayed to not belong alongside them in that combo.
Honestly my one complaint is that I wish we got more Franky love this arc

It’s LITERALLY the science arc. Should have been his own Whole Cake Island arc

Great Potato

Preeminent
Honestly my one complaint is that I wish we got more Franky love this arc

It’s LITERALLY the science arc. Should have been his own Whole Cake Island arc

I think this is part of a larger problem in that we haven't gotten much world building around Egghead this arc in general. Oda is showing us technology like the food machine, the gloves that interact with light, and such... but he hasn't actually delved into the science or culture of Egghead in an actual meaningful way; nor has he developed any meaningful relation between the Punks and the Strawhats.

Franky probably would have gotten more character focus if this was a more traditional arc that explored the island and people, but Egghead has sort of been just a sci-fi set piece for the action, so at least Oda has given him a lot to do as a combatant.

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
It's crazy for as long as some of these arcs are it seems like Oda is still having to cram alot in but misses out on shit for the SH like Zoro in Wano or Franky here

Back