• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion thread: Toon Level feats only please.

Who is the strongest person in OP now?

• Total voters

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Good chapter. That being said - albeit it does seem to have been planned, it kinda sucks we get another fakeout death. To top it off, the WG once again demonstrated unparalleled incompetence when the Marines who've been instructed to burn it all to cinders just ignore a massive pile of books that were thrown into a lake(not suspicious at all)while they were burning the place down.
Yeah, I get it, the WG couldn't tell them the real reason why the place was being burned down, but it would have been a heck of a lot more cautious to risk some grunts whose voices have no impact being exposed to the materials within those books and make them disappear, claiming "Ohara cooperators/supporters" were responsible for their deaths(further hurting Ohara's rep) rather than risk leaving everything there for others to find.

Maybe Aokiji could have frozen the lake and made a shitty excuse as to why, knowing full well none of the grunts under his command would question his decision. Whether he is truly one of the good guys or has his own agenda.

Onto VS related discussion: That warp ability is encouraging. Hopefully, he has some time and space bending tech that could be used offensively.

Last edited:

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I actually don't think Saul is a fake out death to be honest.

IT's been theorized for years he was alibe because of Aokiji.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
yeah

sparing saul is far more in character for him
always has been
It is, at least as we know him now. But it still removes a big part of Robin's tragedy. Saul surviving makes their final iconic, gut-wrenching interaction much less impactful. I'm pretty on the fence on this one, tbh.

That being said, Saul surviving doesn't bother me anywhere near the sheer incompetence of the WG. The excuse of "it was led by Spandam's mentally handicapped father" doesn't hold any water, because they did entrust him with such a huge task and they should've known full well the guy's an absolute fucking trogolodyte.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
It is, at least as we know him now. But it still removes a big part of Robin's tragedy. Saul surviving makes their final iconic, gut-wrenching interaction much less impactful. I'm pretty on the fence on this one, tbh.

That being said, Saul surviving doesn't bother me anywhere near the sheer incompetence of the WG. The excuse of "it was led by Spandam's mentally handicapped father" doesn't hold any water, because they did entrust him with such a huge task and they should've known full well the guy's an absolute fucking trogolodyte.
completely agree with both points

as soon as I read Enies Lobby I thought Saul dying made no sense, but that's also the major emotional beat of the flashback
him living undercuts that a lot but also makes more sense for Aokiji

but yeah the books thing makes no sense considering how thorough the WG is in every other situation but this despite this being every bit as important as what happened in Lulusia or God Valley

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
In a more morally grey manga, Aokiji working for Blackbeard would just be a case of shared ideology and interests

But this is One Piece and only Characters like Barto and Kidd are allowed to be morally grey anymore

El Hermano

Acclaimed
In a more morally grey manga, Aokiji working for Blackbeard would just be a case of shared ideology and interests

But this is One Piece and only Characters like Barto and Kidd are allowed to be morally grey anymore
I mean, teaming-up with a bunch of incredibly evil criminals who outright enjoy torturing, and perhaps even raping their enemies is pretty morally grey.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
completely agree with both points

as soon as I read Enies Lobby I thought Saul dying made no sense, but that's also the major emotional beat of the flashback
him living undercuts that a lot but also makes more sense for Aokiji

but yeah the books thing makes no sense considering how thorough the WG is in every other situation but this despite this being every bit as important as what happened in Lulusia or God Valley
I've heard Morj(yes, I know, roll your eyes)making a pretty good point regarding why Ohara didn't get the Lulusia treatment - The WG didn't want to erase it from history, but rather wanted to make an example out of them in hopes of dettering any other rebelions and/or people seeking the truth of what took place during the void century. Albeit, their actions ended up actually sparking the biggest rebelion ever, lol. But that does make sense because One Piece is also about unyielding will that cannot be subjugated nor erased by any weapon.

Back