• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion thread: Toon Level feats only please.

Who is the strongest person in OP now?

• Total voters
Kaido I do think sucked but I’m surprised you dislike Oden’s, I thought it delivered on every front
I don't think Oden's FB is particulary bad, it's just on the low end of what Oda is capable of, a lot of CiS moments there.

I think this is partly due to him not wanting to show things that are connected to people's FB. He's done this with Kuma as well where Dragon's character suffers from Oda's lack of wanting to show things.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Emotional Strain Piece is finally over(for now). The timing's been terrible with all that's been going on in my country and how it affected my personal life, so I'm practically as emotional as a pregnant woman(in addition to already being an emotional dude in general). The ending though? Super bittersweet, I'd wager even stronger on the sweeter side.

I think it was brilliant how Oda used Kuma's POV to take us back to some of the most character defining and heaviest hitting moments in the series. It feels like a farewell letter before we enter the climax of the story, the final stage which will be driven by whatever is going to happen probably next chapter or two, the infamous "Egghead incident". It was the best, most natural way to pull these off.

And the ending...I fucking loved it when Vegapunk said to him "Living is nothing but trouble, wouldn't you say?" just for Kuma's last flashing memories be the faces of his loved ones and their best moments in his incredibly difficult, misery filled life and go out with a smile on his face. Their final interaction sums up the entirety of One Piece and from Kuma's montage POV those heavy hitting moments we were thrown back into gives us a clearer perspective of how they together also sum it up, which is something that the Live Action's showrunner understood from the very get go. This is what he said when he sat down for dinner with Oda, and I'm 100% convinced that's when Oda realized he was the best man for the job:
He continued his story about meeting creator Eiichiro Oda. “I told Oda, ‘One of the great things about One Piece is it’s really a story about how everybody has tragedy, pain, sadness in their life, but it’s not what defines you. What defines you is how you use that to motivate your future, and that no one has to do it alone. No one has to be alone. When you find those people around you who motivate you, lift you up, and help you, that’s the greatest power in this world. And that is the story I want to put out into the world. So I know that One Piece means a lot to you, Oda. It means a lot to me, because I honestly think that One Piece saved my life.’ He looked me in the eye, and he held his hand out across the table and said, ‘I have 100% faith in you now.’”

I'm sorry for ever doubting him.

Last edited:

Great Potato

Preeminent
Will be interesting to see if Kuma accomplishes anything against Saturn, a massive increase in his stocks if so considering Sanji is currently looking worthless against him.

If Kizaru is the one responsible for giving Luffy that food then he came ahead in their exchange. Being able to move around and operate while your opponent is still incapacitated would be a victory in a battledome setting, and that behavior should imply that he was sandbagging in his attempts against Saturn.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Kizaru sandbagging is very obvious, especially after the Nika dance in the flashback. Luffy still needs to fix his Stamina issues to be a solid Top Tier without Plot Armour

And if Kuma manages to do anything against Saturn, we will only need Doflamingo to be retconned once again when he reappears for all Warlords to have a potrayal above YC(not counting Buggy or Law who was a newbie warlord)

Back