• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion thread: Toon Level feats only please.

Who is the strongest person in OP now?

• Total voters

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
First it was about a deadly sea

Then the sea didn't matter, only the Yonko did

Now only Imu and Joyboy and Lili's MMF romance matters

Reminds me of RuneScape lore lmao

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her

Am I the only one who actually feels this?

Doronbo_Shirake

悩ましポーズ
Am I the only one who actually feels this?
Actually, you are not the only one. Grand Line was a danger not only because of the Three Powers, but the weather. Who knows! Maybe Gin got Zeff's diary after asking politely and that's why they arrived to New World.

Last edited:

I think you’re jumping the gun on Joyboy romance

Like, Joyboy, Rodger and Luffy all had zero “romance” in their lives. Oda even avoids it all the time with Luffy.

Even Rouge’s “romance” with Rodger was off-screened by Oda. Only her love for Ace was shown.

any parallel with Luffy is gonna handwave romance all together.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
I think you’re jumping the gun on Joyboy romance

Like, Joyboy, Rodger and Luffy all had zero “romance” in their lives. Oda even avoids it all the time with Luffy.

Even Rouge’s “romance” with Rodger was off-screened by Oda. Only her love for Ace was shown.

any parallel with Luffy is gonna handwave romance all together.
The Romance part is a joke, my point is that Joyboy and Imu's rivalry became the main focus

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Imu would be a lot easier to get invested in if Oda gave him a character design and he wasn't just a blob with eyes and a crown.
i dont even mind that its more, OP is such a colorful world that the villain who’s actually in the weeds since Jaya with mysterious plans and a distinct fun personality wins out against the (thus far) generic super overseer bad guy who came into the game extremely late. Oda’s a good writer, I’m sure he has an interesting plan for Imu, but as-is the concept in general never grabbed me

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel you guys overly fixated on that part when my point was that Oda's refusal to let characters die hurt the Grandline's aura

If it was just One Character it wouldn't have been too bad, but imagine if for example the next chapter we get the Adventurer that Enel killed returning or Mr 11 or Gyro the crab guy that Hody beat the living shit out of all safe and sound and thriving in the New World

Don Krieg returning is cool to see in isolation, but it's kind of hard to let it slide when it's the 100th time the Grandline's survival of the fittest aura gets undermined

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
oda’s aversion to death is probably the main thing keeping me from liking OP as much as a lot of my favorites

doesn’t mean it needs to be a bloodbath, but any reader knows there’s several times where it was basically inexcusable (pell, pagaya, pound…why do they all start with P, Diamante etc)

really shoots how serious some aspects of the manga are meant to be, especially when he has no issue killing off characters for backstory purposes which just makes it stand out more

oda’s aversion to death is probably the main thing keeping me from liking OP as much as a lot of my favorites

doesn’t mean it needs to be a bloodbath, but any reader knows there’s several times where it was basically inexcusable (pell, pagaya, pound…why do they all start with P, Diamante etc)

really shoots how serious some aspects of the manga are meant to be, especially when he has no issue killing off characters for backstory purposes which just makes it stand out more
I guess I’m in a weird boat because I frankly get tired of mindless killing I’ve seen in most shows

Maybe because I’m just desensitized, but I honestly don’t see the point in killing fodder that doesn’t actually matter to the grand scheme of things.

Oh no, red shirt #49 died, this muse mean that this main bad guy is truly evil, right? (I think Akainu unironically did this)

My problem isn’t Oda not killing characters. Its Oda faking out the killing of said characters after letting you believe it truly happened. Fucking commit dude.

Although he’s getting a little more vicious recently. Saturn outrigh Killed Vegapunk, and some fodder. And York straight up murdered Shaka. I think some of ther Vegapunks are gonna get killed off iirc

Back