• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion thread: Toon Level feats only please.

Who is the strongest person in OP now?

• Total voters

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
like I said, I don’t want pointless killing, and unnecessary bloodshed doesn’t fit the tone of the manga. It isn’t HxH or something that has a generally darker tone. The examples I highlighted are ones that are setup as heroic sacrifices and then we find out later they were all just fine. Except for Diamante, I just find his survival egregious because he kills a guy’s wife, makes the guy live without anyone remembering him for years, and then just gets bonked in the head and sent to jail. It undercuts how dark Dressrosa actually was

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
It's not about Gore

It's about the Grandline being dangerous being something that's integral to the story

Nami and Chopper and even Franky become less valid from stuff like that

And even Roger being the first guy to find the Last island before Laugh Tale makes less sense with how people seem to travel the New World without any issue

Great Potato

Preeminent
It's created a big issue that Oda has started sprinkling in actual deaths and nobody believes them because we've been conditioned to expect otherwise.

Good example is Ashura Doji and Izo died for real during the raid, yet nobody thought it was legitimate when it happened because we also had Kinemon get his skull caved in by Kaido and be fine.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
It's created a big issue that Oda has started sprinkling in actual deaths and nobody believes them because we've been conditioned to expect otherwise.

Good example is Ashura Doji and Izo died for real during the raid, yet nobody thought it was legitimate when it happened because we also had Kinemon get his skull caved in by Kaido and be fine.
I mean, Kinemon just got one hit and was unable to move for the rest of the arc. That's a W for Kaido given how Big Mom failed to KO any Vinesmoke or Bege or Ulti who Kinemon at that point was potrayed as above

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I don’t even mean powerlevel wise, I think Kaido vs Kin looked worse because of the threat Kaido’s hyped up to be in universe. The only guy he manages to kill is that CP0 guy who stood still and let it happen, and iirc wasn’t there some shit implying even he lived? This sort of thing is definitely oda’s biggest flaw in writing

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
How was Roger even the First to reach Lodestar?
I wonder what oda will do about this because it's kinda ridiculous

We also have the plothole of Imu the Gorosei and God's Knights being threatened the Robot and not gang banging Wano and Elbaf for 800 of years

Like Imu being too busy gooning to Lili I understand but the others don't have an excuse especially with Admirals helping them

I don’t even mean powerlevel wise, I think Kaido vs Kin looked worse because of the threat Kaido’s hyped up to be in universe. The only guy he manages to kill is that CP0 guy who stood still and let it happen, and iirc wasn’t there some shit implying even he lived? This sort of thing is definitely oda’s biggest flaw in writing
It was his partner who did jack shit and people thought he was still alive

and not gang banging Wano and Elbaf for 800 of years
Elbaf is literally the world’s strongest country, and are friends with Yonkou

Also they have a secret child trafficking ring in Elbaf that recruits soldiers for the World gov.

Shit like this isn’t plot holes. The WG has been fought against by multiple pirates and giants and even with the 7 Warlords they were in a full stalemate

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
friends with Yonkou
Yonko didn't exist for 750 years
And two gorosei seem enough for Broggy and Dorry who are the Oden of Elbaf, strongest since the VC

Only explanation would be that the World Government consolidation over the World took centuries so their hands were tied in the four blues

And two gorosei seem enough for Broggy and Dorry who are the Oden of Elbaf, strongest since the VC
Pirates have existed since Joyboy, and he’s had allies during the Void Century, including the previous Poseidon and Wano country who has Pluton and were somehow capable of creating giant mountains that sheilded them from the outside world.

And we know when Roger used to be a rookie that people like Rocks were Top Dog

So it’s very likely that the equivalent of Emperors existed among pirates before.

Not to mention, the Shichibukai were a recent invention that was formed specifically to combat the Yonkou forces, and that was just so the Marines could balance the scales

Doronbo_Shirake

悩ましポーズ
Iirc, in the Ace novel it is explained that, originally, there were 3 emperors. Roger, Shiki and WB. When Roger died and Shiki was sent to Impel Down, they were replaced by Kaido and Big Mom. The term Yonko was used when Shanks arrived to the New World (after meeting Luffy). So, Yonko only existed during 6 years.

Iirc, in the Ace novel it is explained that, originally, there were 3 emperors. Roger, Shiki and WB. When Roger died and Shiki was sent to Impel Down, they were replaced by Kaido and Big Mom. The term Yonko was used when Shanks arrived to the New World (after meeting Luffy). So, Yonko only existed during 6 years.
Yonkou are only just another word for 4 Emperors

So the official 4 emperors wasn’t around for long, but “Pirate Emperors” have been around for longer

Who knows, there might’ve been a time where there were 6 or so. We don’t know about the time before Rodger, only that Rocks was once Top Dog

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Before the Golden Age of Pirates, Great Pirates were probably more spread across the world instead of the New World

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Sanji’s kingdom was at large too iirc
The Germa conquered all of North Blue, where the WG probably was forced to abandon it's "neutrality" and smacked them

Then Judge also conquered Four Nations and probably got smacked too

Now the whole thing about the comic, and Sora still remains a mystery

Back