origin

I was 20.
113.jpg

I'm now almost 40
c2e.jpg

The Most Adminfuckable

I’m a cutie wootie please give me more adminfucks
Joined in 2012. Was 20 at the time. I wanted some place to practice English with real people about subjects I'm interested about. Bleach was what got me into the forum in the first place and it spiraled into many things. I regret nothing.

Von Gos

Shut Up, Island
I joined NF around the time I was 16 back in 2006, around the same week as Zaru did, just 2 or 3 days later iirc. It was actually a few months or so after lurking and the whole crazy scene with that one chick getting promoted to the Konoha Library as a mod then revealing a bit later she had been acting in-character to do a huge essay for her final in some psychology or sociology course for her major at college and it freaked out a shit ton of people realizing they were being analyzed.

This was also right after Spectrum left NF.

Crazy to think all those years ago, nearly 16 now, I joined like everyone else in the early and mid 2000s being obessed with Naruto's anime.
That was Risu, and it was for the Naruto Battledome. (I remember it because it was pretty well-known section folklore when I joined.)

Maddie

Acclaimed
Got into Vs Debating casually 2013-mid 2015. I got deep into Death Battle early-mid 2015 and GvS2 drove me to wanna join forum communities. Was on Vs Battles Wiki 2015-2017 and 2019-2020, but also was on OBD starting 2017. When finally banned from VSB in 2020 I made OBD my main residence,

marf

🍌 Banana Joe 🍌
V.I.P. Member
Long version, cause why not.

I grew up watching anime. One of my earliest memories is observing my older brother succesfully recording half of the first episode of DBZ on VHS when I was like 3 or 4 years old. From there on I started watching all the popular anime. Digimon, Pokemon, Inuyasha, Yugioh, Beyblade, Dragonball and so on

In 2006 RTL2 started broadcasting the german dub of Naruto and jesus fucking christ was it horrible. The guys in charge had decided to turn it into a lunch time show for 6 year olds, which of course lead to stupid amounts of censorship. Zabuza swinging around a pimp cane, rather than a sword. Itachi kidnapping the Uchiha clan, rather than killing them off, removing the concept of death almost entirely and many more such things, The voice acting was also pretty bad. I quickly declared it garbage and moved on.

Sometime in 2007 I randomely decided to give it another chance and tuned in to the Sannin deadlock. That in turn hooked me enough to go to that new and largely unknown website called "youtube", which I found through the almighty google. There I found loads of AMV's and japanese episodes with spanish subs for early Shippuuden. Which was perfect to learn the lore as I spoke neither japanese nor spanish(I still don't)

Around the time Pain invaded Konoha, I joined the mangstream forum, then it closed down. I switched to Narutobase and found it to be pretty meh, I switched to mangahelpers and also found it to be pretty meh. More importantly however, there I found a rant about Tazmo. Which lead me to becoming an NF lurker for a while, I joined in 2012 as Super Kami Guru. I made exactly 24 shitposts to get a full length rep bar and then went back to lurking until like 2018 or 2019, at which point I started posting on a semi regular basis under the name of MarF.

Many of these posts contained broken up links to unofficial manga hosting sites for a borderline smut manga(suck it jiff). The rest of my posts were mostly in the Nardo sections, which started turning even more shittier than usual in late 2019 and never became better. Every now and then I also posted in the OBD and KCC, but mostly just lurked.

Bump

Lurking
V.I.P. Member
I'll keep this nice and short because my story is as tl'dr as @Planidium and would probably take up an entire thread :hestonpls

I joined NF back in 2006 when I was 13 looking for Nardos cause my oldest brother was into it and he said NF had teh mango early. I had JUST gotten into mango and that's all that I read in class (fuck textbooks yo). My first introductory post was probably in the blender or something cause I got shitted on and negged so badly even though I didn't know what rep was at the time. People also shitted on my art because I was still a noob and I gave up on that quickly and started running my own forums. Blind City (yes, it was inspired by the blind one himself and I dunno why I even created it to begin with) was my first ever forum that I started and it had Dave and the bunch who I was cool with until they disappeared years later. Then I went on to meet amazing friends like @Trinity and @Bump.

Yeah simple and short, First came into forums searching anime and found NF, met my good freind Ral, hopped around countless forums with him and he kinda taught me coding and html shit. Anyway getting off topic went from A4 - NF - Fobbers - Bumps Wonderland and Planet Vegeta, then forums slowly died from me and used discord for forum life then ended back here.

been in the shadows for awhile though :geezuspepe

• Catfeels
Reactions: Ral
Back