Rank The villains based on their portrayal

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
So a genetic clone that has zero consciousness whatsoever is able to do jutsu that the original Itachi had to train and learn to do instead

Yeah that’s worse. At least with Kabuto and Orochimaru we know that Orochi has been studying the handsigns and memorizing jutsu as his ultimate goal.

A literal brain-dead clone being better at doing a jutsu than the real person who had to work hard to learn it is worse lol.
The logic is one thing, I’m just saying it’s not an ass pull since we’ve known for a fact that clones Kabuto makes have the capacity to replicate the jutsus of the originals for a while now, hence not an asspull

4dja4ujpljqb1.jpg

The logic is one thing, I’m just saying it’s not an ass pull since we’ve known for a fact that clones Kabuto makes have the capacity to replicate the jutsus of the originals for a while now, hence not an asspull

4dja4ujpljqb1.jpg
the entire concept is an asspull is my point.

Like it goes against the entire pre-established notions of how these jutsu work.

Kabuto pulling the asspull first doesn’t make what Madara did less of an asspull.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
the entire concept is an asspull is my point.

Like it goes against the entire pre-established notions of how these jutsu work.

Kabuto pulling the asspull first doesn’t make what Madara did less of an asspull.
What rules? They’re literal clones with all the physical and genetic requirements as the original to replicate the jutsu and the intelligence to match while just being soulless puppets since having a will of their own would get in the way.

Basically Orochimaru’s end game that Kabuto succeeded in: biological weapons made by a guy who wants to possess every jutsu while having no regard for any human rights

What rules? They’re literal clones with all the physical and genetic requirements as the original to replicate the jutsu and the intelligence to match while just being soulless puppets since having a will of their own would get in the way.
Even the idea that they’re “soulless” puppets contradicts the fundimental basis of chakra itself

The fact that a clone, if they are intellegent, just makes a jutsu without ever learning anything just because it’s related to someone who does contradicts the learning of jutsu

Even Itachi, as talented as he was, needed to learn those jutsus.

Basically Orochimaru’s end game that Kabuto succeeded in: biological weapons made by a guy who wants to possess every jutsu while having no regard for any human rights
The entire goal of Orochimaru is to learn all jutsu.

He wanted the sharingan to copy and LEARN hand signs

I don’t understand why you’re so obtuse as to not considering making a literal deus ex machina clone for plot convinience that fucks with established lore NOT an asspull?

Not only obtuse, this is honestly incredibly arbitrary.

If you don’t consider Kabuto inventing plot convenient flesh robots that violate every pre-established rule about jutsu up until that point, right at the final arc?

then Asspulls are ultimately just an arbitrary word to you anyhow and attributed less because it’s legit, and more on a whim

This man unironically showed that Kabuto literally copied the cells of multiple Ninja and somehow knows their jutsu through Genetics... which in and of itself was an asspull especially considering nothing showed at all that Orochimaru knew Sage Jutsu or was using half of it, let alone Kabuto mastering it...

Is supposed to excuse Madara's bullshit?
Fucking really?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Ends up being more a Kabuto asspull than Madara’s anyway.

Way I see an asspull, it’s something happening without any foreshadowing or explaination to it prior, especially when it’s thrown in to get the character out of a losing situation

I.e. every fight Sukuna has won recently

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
This man unironically showed that Kabuto literally copied the cells of multiple Ninja and somehow knows their jutsu through Genetics... which in and of itself was an asspull especially considering nothing showed at all that Orochimaru knew Sage Jutsu or was using half of it, let alone Kabuto mastering it...

Is supposed to excuse Madara's bullshit?
Fucking really?
You got an incredible talent for repeating what other people just said btw Xhom

Ends up being more a Kabuto asspull than Madara’s anyway.
Its a plot device used to make Madara stronger

Way I see an asspull, it’s something happening without any foreshadowing or explaination to it prior, especially when it’s thrown in to get the character out of a losing situation
Asspulls in this context is a convenient plot device or ability pulled at the expense of the internal logic of the story.

Creating clones that somehow manage to instantly know skills that the original user had to train to achieve despite not even being sentient or even having a soul?

You’re basically creating a homunculus that violates the pre-established magic system for the sake of making the villain stronger

That’s an ass pull. Straight up pulling an ability out his ass

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And you got the incredible knack for not being able to understand the simple point Astaro...
More like, it went from it being argued Madara picking up Sage Mode being an asspull to arguing the explained means he did being argued the asspull once the former was no longer the case.

i mean ultimately my original point still stands

Madara with Sage Mode because of his boyfriend’s jizz is bullshit :doge

Kabuto being the one to create and give it to Madara just makes it more contrived, but it doesn’t change anything. Still bullshit.

Hopefully nothing that egregious happens with Blackbeard and other future Big Bads from other good shows, and instead there is a better focus on them actually doing cool shit without the author fucking over his own magic system

Back