Resolved Regarding the soon-to-be classic rep system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
We are seeking some feedback before we make the classic reputation system we have installed a go-live.

Do y'all like the idea of being able to leave reputation and the comments sent anonymously? It'll be an option you tick before submitting the rep comment and points and only staff will be able to see anonymous comments in case the system gets abused.

Thoughts?

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I would personally prefer it to be always visible for rep and negs but we want to hear what you guys think of it

Reactions: Ral

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
no strong preference personally but visible rep seems a lot safer, even if staff would be able to see anonymous ones.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I suppose I can make an alert, I don't think enough members will check this section. I need everyone to be aware of it.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah cause now we can actually moderate rep and see your true colors; I mean, you know, red, green, the good stuff minus the blips.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Good to see that alerts are working as intended; thanks @Trinity for putting that up.

The whole point of this thread was to figure out if this new kind of rep feature would be beneficial to the community because I know FV doesn't have anonymous rep posting option. Could of sworn it existed in NF when it was in Vbulletin days and I've lost a majority of my memories so yah. Thank you all for the feedback, nonetheless, keep it coming!

Leng

Illustrious
The main problem with the FV system is that it doesn't work. If the rep here could work then that would be pretty good.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
The main problem with the FV system is that it doesn't work. If the rep here could work then that would be pretty good.
That's because it's a ratings system mostly, not a true "rep" system. Mbxx renamed some of the language phrases to replace "ratings" with "reputation" whenever possible. FV is using this https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xfa-users-ratings-reputations-system.7864/ while we are using this https://xenforo.com/community/resources/reputation-system.7625/. The latter has a vast amount of features not available to the former because it solely focuses on the Vbulletn-styled reputation system that we lost during the transition to XenForo. Not sure if XF1 had a similar rep add-on that was similar to the Vbulletin one, but my brain is remembering something at least!

Velkuvrana

Notorious
I'm fine with visible. I rarely have issues with other members and doesn't bother me if I get into a disagreement here or there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back