Reply if you've received these mentions

1. Experiment Respectfully: Test features freely but maintain respect and civility in all interactions.
    2. Share Feedback: Provide constructive feedback to help improve the forum's functionality.
    3. No Spam: Avoid spamming or excessive testing that disrupts the section.
    4. Stay On-Topic: Keep discussions related to testing and feature exploration.
    5. Respect Privacy: Avoid sharing personal information in your tests.
    6. Report Issues: Notify moderators of any problems or bugs you encounter.
    7. Have Fun Testing: Enjoy your time in the 'Feature Playground' and help us enhance the forum experience for all members!

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
4 that read the thread

Gonna just assume this entire list pinged the others

I think possibly upping the limit for Hosts will help, I think perhaps 50 is fair? And if more tags are needed, members can ping one of us to tag
Alternatively, individual perms for hosts that request 50+ tag limits without messing with the overall Host usergroup could be okay

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I think possibly upping the limit for Hosts will help, I think perhaps 50 is fair? And if more tags are needed, members can ping one of us to tag
Alternatively, individual perms for hosts that request 50+ tag limits without messing with the overall Host usergroup could be okay
The reason it's kept low when you first install XenForo is that each user mention sends an individual alert to the targeted user. This results in two or three queries per user mention, which can become quite expensive in terms of server performance. We can set it to fifty for the Mafioso Hosts usergroup, but these trusted hosts must keep in mind that the increased usage should not be abused, i.e., mass mentioning of users in a short amount of time.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
The reason it's kept low when you first install XenForo is that each user mention sends an individual alert to the targeted user. This results in two or three queries per user mention, which can become quite expensive in terms of server performance. We can set it to fifty for the Mafioso Hosts usergroup, but these trusted hosts must keep in mind that the increased usage should not be abused, i.e., mass mentioning of users in a short amount of time.
But would it be less of a strain if it's just applying to the host usergroup?

These tags won't be used often and I'd say we should stick to the most active bunch, and go to the ones that rarely play directly

Or perhaps we can simply add a Mafia usergroup (I hear your sigh!!) and tag via usergroup itself but I'm obviously not sure that's a thing

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Also stay mad, this is necessary in order to figure out what we can do with tags given the limitations
Clam down, Nipple
This is the only post I'll be tagging

Back