Sonic the Hedgehog Feats/Discussion/Respect thread

Limu&Doug

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Silver with his psychokinesis can shatter large volcanic boulders

He also uses it to disperse a flame tornado. I vaguely remember there being a calc that places it at building level.
a72642f6ef61a79701b74eac5a9b6635252831c4r1-435-250_hq.gif

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, Silver also tossed one back at Iblis

Iblis being the guy who flooded the planet with lava and can swing buildings around…and is one-half of Solaris, the multiverse level god

Iblis got his ass beat all the time by Silver, the problem was that he was immortal and kept reforming later

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Some background hype involving the Chaos Emeralds (which would also hype up Super Sonic, Super Shadow, Super Silver, etc)

I posted earlier in the thread about how a Chaos Emerald hides an entire universe inside itself (back in Sonic R) so I guess I’ll post more

In Sonic Chaos, the emeralds are stated to have infinite power

mKm2VxA_d.webp

South Island, an island of peace...

This is where the super-substances of dreams, the Chaos Emeralds, lay dormant. These mythical gems hide infinite power, but they can become fearful weapons depending on how they're used... Now, the evil genius scientist Doctor Eggman has once again taken action, and is after those Chaos Emeralds!

One day, while on an adventure, Sonic and Tails heard a nasty rumor.
"Eggman's got one of the Chaos Emeralds?!" They hurried back to South Island and found that the island of peace was already in chaos! When one of the gems was taken, the rest of the Chaos Emeralds scattered, and the island, which had been held together by the power of the gems, was about to sink into the sea!
"I've won this time! I own the world, Sonic!"

"Darn it, Eggman, we're gonna get those Chaos Emeralds back! Come on, buddy!" "Roger!"

Sonic and Tails set out to crush Eggman's ambitions and save the sinking South Island. Will Sonic and Tails have the last laugh, or will it be Eggman?

And then you have other games that repeat the same thing (Sonic Adventure, Sonic Battle, Shadow the Hedgehog, etc)

34479409144a23b0459c0735d312dab84d46e240v2_hq.jpg

Are they very consistent about them having infinite power? Who knows

I’ll get to another universal feat with them later though

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Possible FTL showing for Super Sonic

He’s fighting the Nega Mother Wisp across space. It’s likely FTL, since he’s moving past the stars around him pretty fast. I say likely cuz I don’t really know if it can be calced or not

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Another FTL showing for Super Sonic, though like the last one I’m not sure how it can be calced

Super Sonic and Eggman fly from Angel Island to somewhere in space (we can see a nebula or galaxy in the back) to fight the final boss (who’s also empowered by the emeralds)

Eggman is with them, though idk if we can scale that speed to his mech. Super Sonic could just have easily carried him there after leaving the earth’s atmosphere

No clue how Eggman can breathe in space. I guess he’s just built different :mjpls

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I guess that’s true, it’s not out of the ordinary for Eggman to have MFTL+ ships

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I haven’t watched it yet

but apparently Sonic broke the universe by accident :catjamn

from what i hear sonic smashed a crystal which proceeded to explode right next to him and split(?) the universe into 4 parallel ones, could be wrong though its just something i heard from someone else a few days ago

In TailsTube #1, Tails states the Chaos Emeralds grant unlimited power and can be used to power deadly machines or even warp time and space.

In Sonic Battle, Sonic heard that those who collect the 7 Chaos Emeralds will be granted unlimited energy.

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing instruction booklet and Super Smash Bros Wii U’s description of Super Sonic Trophy states Super Sonic can fly at the speed of light or nearly the speed of light. But there are feats and other statements of him moving at ftl speeds, even in base form.
ilrx44Y.jpg
EJT2EdY.jpg

Christian Whitehead states the Super Emeralds and the Hyper States are in fact canon to the continuity, but lore-wise, Sonic Team do not want to deal with "multi-tier power level stuff".

In this Sonic Frontier interview with Takashi Iizuka, he states Sonic & Knuckles 3 is canon (Sonic 3 + Sonic & Knuckles locked-on). The Super Emeralds are currently in another dimension. Takashi currently believes that there is no way for Sonic to become Hyper Sonic again.

In TailsTube #3, Knuckles states that Master Emerald acts as a counter to the Chaos Emeralds, being the only force in the universe that possesses the ability to nullify their energies.

In Sonic Adventures 2, Knuckles states "The Master Emerald contains special powers that neutralize the energy of the Chaos Emeralds. That makes it very powerful!".

In Sonic Adventures, Tikal states the Master Emerald is able to control the Chaos Emeralds

Last edited:

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing instruction booklet and Super Smash Bros Wii U’s description of Super Sonic Trophy states Super Sonic can fly at the speed of light or nearly the speed of light. But there are feats and other statements of him moving at ftl speeds, even in base form.
ilrx44Y.jpg
EJT2EdY.jpg
To add to this, the Japanese bio for Super Sonic on the SEGA website states Super Sonic can fly near the speed of light, which is most likely what Smash is referencing
A4-D37-EB7-0628-4798-83-E0-1-A5-BD55-FCACA.jpg
Name: Super Sonic
Nickname: Super Sonic
Flight Speed: Near lightspeed

But as you mentioned, he has FTL showings and even base Sonic is stated to be FTL a couple times

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Sonic Prime Base Sonic took an explosion that shatter the universe

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Quick bit feat, but Sonic runs up to Mach 4 in the E3 2004 demo for a Sonic DS game

Of course, he has way, way crazier showings. But it’s a lesser known feat (the tech demo is considered lost media) and the world looks distorted once Sonic hits Mach 1 so thought might as well post it

Back