Sonic the Hedgehog Feats/Discussion/Respect thread

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I mentioned Light Speed Dash in an earlier thread, so I’ll dive deeper into it

85035-E6-F-10-B7-45-C6-8809-CD6-B1216-B14-E.jpg

0-D37460-F-FCF1-4363-A940-A168-A0-A86-C3-F.jpg

Light Speed Dash lets Sonic and Shadow move at the speed of light across a path of rings. This is a frequent ability for both of them throughout the games

Likewise, there’s also the Light Speed Attack that lets Sonic and Shadow attack their enemies at the speed of light without the need for any rings

4537-B931-DCA6-4-D5-F-AB71-EF1407593839.png

99-E0-C66-A-FEBF-4003-8-AC8-E28-DEDF67-F3-F.png

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Now for some more universal/multiversal stuff

In Sonic Rush, the Sol Emeralds (parallel universe version of Chaos Emeralds) were stolen from Blaze’s universe and brought to Sonic’s universe. This caused the space-time continuum to tear apart gradually throughout the game and Blaze’s universe was entering into Sonic’s

Tails says their worlds can’t coexist like this together, and eventually everything (both worlds) will disappear

Eggman and Eggman Nega state the Chaos Emeralds and Sol Emeralds are like two magnetic poles, and they can’t exist in close proximity with each other or the entire world (dimension/universe) would be destroyed

Eggman Nega even states that there should be “explosive results” and the dimension shouldn’t be stable if the emeralds are close together, but Sonic had the Chaos Emeralds and managed to slow down the process for a bit

Eggman and Eggman Nega also want to use the emeralds’ power to build their own dream world “beyond the dimension”

Last edited:

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Sonic Rivals has Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Knuckles and Metal Sonic fight and run across the top of a ship, which is moving FTL through space

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
723-B8-BEA-CC5-A-4-C1-E-9-DD5-D871-DCCDBF46.jpg

945-BE542-8-E18-48-A3-8-BA0-6-E7-E77-D7-BA7-C.png

not a part of the games, but still worth mentioning :maybe

Super Shadow’s eye catch says the exact same thing too. Infinite speed and strength :catjamn

Last edited:

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

In Sonic Rivals, the Master Emerald is stated to be an anomaly across the time-space continuum. When it was trapped inside a card dimension in the future, it affected its existence across every point in time (which is why it vanished in the present)

Eggman Nega (who was impersonating Eggman) then used the Master Emerald to transport Angel Island from the future (called Onyx Island) to the present

mind you, Angel Island is a big ass floating island in the sky

D3186-EC5-D4-F7-4-DA6-A2-DD-72968-A4-D7278.png

Knuckles of course transports it back to the future

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
To elaborate further, since it’s from Silver’s time, then Onyx Island came from 200 years into the future (and the comics confirm that to be the timeframe)

The island is also big enough to house deserts, mountains, tropical hills, frozen regions, etc. Just like Angel Island does :maybe

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
b1c5e71bc8f1bed980166ba0ad1af44e819cffb2v2_hq.jpg

In Sonic Colors DS, Omega measured Sonic’s speed with his scanners and believed Sonic will quickly become fast enough to exceed the speed of light

Sonic tells him light speed is nothing and he can easily exceed it

at bare minimum, he had to have been running pretty close to light speed to get this reaction out of Omega

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Cream has super speed in this game too :lolwat

Every character can boost, but seeing Amy and Cream get these buffs are hilarious

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Just leaving this here as a reference to fall back on

DDF7-A717-03-EC-4584-857-C-0-BFC2-B8-DBBF4.jpg

Super Sonic’s botched Chaos Control rewrote reality across the entire Sonic multiverse in Archie (if it wasn’t botched, reality would have been brought back to normal like Megaman did to his multiverse)

Also the Super Genesis Wave (literally just an energy wave created from the Chaos Emeralds) can freely destroy or warp all universes with no limitations

009.jpg

tumblr_nk95pzVdQv1s9gezbo8_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Shadow has speed that “rivals or even surpasses Sonic’s” according to the leaked script/character bios for Sonic 06

Also states he’s 15 years old (first and only time his physical body was ever given an age)

AA0-C3-B31-718-D-4-CE1-A1-BE-42-DAB9-DC0350.png

Shadow is a black hedgehog with two similar appearances to Sonic, possessing speed that rivals or even surpasses Sonic's. Created by the brilliant scientist Professor Gerald, he is the ultimate life form, bestowed with an immortal body and the unique ability to manipulate time and space called "Chaos Control," enabled by the power of the Chaos Emeralds. Having lost his beloved "Maria," a girl he grew up with like a brother in the past, the memories of that time and Maria's dying wish traumatized Shadow, driving him towards a revenge mission to eradicate humanity.

After the events of the Space Colony ARK incident (mentioned in Sonic Adventure 2), his fate remained unknown. However, in Sonic Heroes, he was discovered by Rouge in Eggman's base. Upon being released from captivity, he had lost most of his previous memories. Whether the revived Shadow is the same as the one in Adventure 2 is not explicitly clarified.

Metal Sonic has a similar “rivals or even surpasses Sonic in speed” line going for him in his Japanese bio on Sega’s website

DD2-C1-CF9-E91-A-4-E7-D-A23-F-55-EE06-BBD9-C3.jpg

Metal Sonic, a highly advanced robot created by Dr. Eggman to rival Sonic. Its appearance is crafted to resemble Sonic, and it boasts speed and power comparable to, if not surpassing, the original.

Once, due to the advanced AI chip, it gained self-awareness and attempted to dominate the Eggman Empire by enhancing its own body. However, Sonic and his friends thwarted these plans. Later, it was reverted to its obedient combat machine state by Dr. Eggman.

• Name: Metal Sonic
  • English Name: METAL SONIC
  • Alias: Metal Sonic
  • Height: 100cm
  • Weight: 125.2kg
  • Special Skills: Black Shield (Barrier), Overdrive (Super Acceleration)
  • Notable Feature: Constantly undergoing improvements.

Just goes to show they’re rivals

Last edited:

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Sonic Prime Base Sonic took an explosion that shatter the universe
Looking back at this, I think I found some evidence for base Sonic being universal and it involves Secret Rings

I’ll get back to this in a bit

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Getting back to this

The whole plot of Secret Rings is that the Arabian Nights universe takes place within a storybook, and Erazor was stealing its words/pages away (which in turn was gradually making the entire dimension disappear)

He wanted to absorb its power to wipe out the Arabian Nights world and rewrite it in his own image, as well as doing the same to all of reality outside the Arabian Nights world

So how big is the Arabian Nights world? I’ve seen claims and evidence that it’s a multiverse which kinda makes sense. But to be on the safer side we can tell it’s at least a whole universe

6-F39-F35-F-B6-DF-4-B95-A0-EE-434-B02-D5-A217.jpg

A0-E466-B5-96-B5-4366-959-F-58-C4-F4-A8-E3-BD.jpg

80-AC7666-BCA3-4-C3-F-8260-BEF18-CCEF2-DE.jpg

And then there’s the astral plane that’s also a part of the Arabian Nights world

bcb3b4954433534683ed08b06b515e6d0a7f50fcr1-640-830v2_hq.jpg

MEb1W9y.jpeg

Erazor had already absorbed half of the entire world’s stories into his body, powering him up heavily

n7YbuxD_d.webp

Yet base form Sonic kicked his ass pretty quickly (the words coming out of Erazor’s body are the stories/contents of the entire dimension he had stolen)

Base Sonic > Erazor with 50% of the entire Arabian Nights universe’s energy

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Getting back to this

The whole plot of Secret Rings is that the Arabian Nights universe takes place within a storybook, and Erazor was stealing its words/pages away (which in turn was gradually making the entire dimension disappear)

He wanted to absorb its power to wipe out the Arabian Nights world and rewrite it in his own image, as well as doing the same to all of reality outside the Arabian Nights world

So how big is the Arabian Nights world? I’ve seen claims and evidence that it’s a multiverse which kinda makes sense. But to be on the safer side we can tell it’s at least a whole universe

6-F39-F35-F-B6-DF-4-B95-A0-EE-434-B02-D5-A217.jpg

A0-E466-B5-96-B5-4366-959-F-58-C4-F4-A8-E3-BD.jpg

80-AC7666-BCA3-4-C3-F-8260-BEF18-CCEF2-DE.jpg

And then there’s the astral plane that’s also a part of the Arabian Nights world

bcb3b4954433534683ed08b06b515e6d0a7f50fcr1-640-830v2_hq.jpg

MEb1W9y.jpeg

Erazor had already absorbed half of the entire world’s stories into his body, powering him up heavily

n7YbuxD_d.webp

Yet base form Sonic kicked his ass pretty quickly (the words coming out of Erazor’s body are the stories/contents of the entire dimension he had stolen)

Base Sonic > Erazor with 50% of the entire Arabian Nights universe’s energy

How consistent we can say universal base sonic can be?:notsure
Always it's a 50/50 case

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
How consistent we can say universal base sonic can be?:notsure
Always it's a 50/50 case
Who knows, it’s all over the place

Though with Ian Flynn taking charge I don’t have a lot of confidence in him since he likes to downplay Sonic

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
In any case, you can always scale Erazor lifting up the castle into the sky and covering the sky with clouds to base Sonic

I feel like the cloud feat would yield large results

Back