Street Fighter: discussion, feats, and analysis

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
Moved Haggar to right under Zangief.
Added J.P. and Unnamed PC to same tier.
Shifted some positioning. Haggar, Honda, Hakan, Zangief all equal. Sakura and Karin ahead of them.

Also moved Dark Moon Bison/Shin Bison, Necali, and Yoga Masters to the next tier up.

Dark Moon/Necali/Dhalsim were comfortably above regular Ryu and the like. Dhalsim even took an attack from Evil Ryu without flinching.

Last edited:

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
More feats from the guy:

Shadoloo HQ Explosion:

Low-end: 35 gigatons
Mid-end: 2.6 teratons
High-end: 30 teratons
Small country lines up with Birdie and Balrog being able to survive the explosion while being comparable to the mid-high tiers.

Gill Parts the Ocean Casually

Yield: 821 gigatons

Psycho Drive Laser

Laser Speed: Mach 8,458 (Lines up with Akuma's ki speed)
Psycho Crusher speed: Mach 11,431 (Lines up with Oni's lightning movement).

Oni Triggers Volcano Eruption

Yield: 707 gigatons

Warlordgab

Illustrious
Well someone calced the Honda/Hakan meteor feat on deviantart.

How does the math check out?

We have a low-end of 582 teratons. About 6x more powerful than what was assumed.

We have a problem. I brought that calc to Fanverse long ago so the folks there could double-check it, and this is what I got:

Pretty sure the "meteor is morning side so it's 72km/s" misinterprets that article. The evening/morning side thing is about where the meteor approaches from more than where it impacts.

Actually, the morning side = 72 km/s is not really stated there. It just says morning side are faster, which doesn't mean upper end (as far as I know, the 72 km/s limit comes from the meteors being supposed to be bound to the solar system by gravitation)

If someone more experienced here could recalc it, we may get something less questionable

It wouldn't be the only Street Fighter feat I'd like to see getting calced

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
We have a problem. I brought that calc to Fanverse long ago so the folks there could double-check it, and this is what I got:

If someone more experienced here could recalc it, we may get something less questionable

It wouldn't be the only Street Fighter feat I'd like to see getting calced
Yeah even if the calc is inaccurate, it doesn't really change the fact that the meteor feat is at least 100+ teratons baseline and we have Haggar's feat.

Since Haggar scales to Zangief/Guy/Cody and Zangief scales to Honda/Hakan, it becomes really irrelevant how deep into teratons it falls.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
Also, what are they talking about?

Meteors enter the atmosphere at speeds ranging from 11 km/sec (25,000 mph), to 72 km/sec (160,000 mph!). When the meteoroid collides with air molecules, its high level of kinetic energy rapidly ionizes and excites a long, thin column of atmospheric atoms along the meteoroid’s path, creating a flash of light visible from the ground below. This column, or meteor trail, is usually less than 1 meter in diameter, but will be tens of kilometers long.
The wide range in meteoroid speeds is caused partly by the fact that the Earth itself is traveling at about 30 km/sec (67,000 mph) as it revolves around the sun. On the evening side, or trailing edge of the Earth, meteoroids must catch up to the earth’s atmosphere to cause a meteor, and tend to be slow. On the morning side, or leading edge of the earth, meteoroids can collide head-on with the atmosphere and tend to be fast.

He uses the 72 km/s as the high end. The low-end speed of 11 km/s as the low-end for the meteor speed. So, at the bare minimum it's nearly 600 teratons. That is where the evening/morning side stuff ties into as it pertains to variance in speed. Evening side (11 km/sec) is the slowest speed. Morning side (up to 72 km/sec) is how fast a meteor can get.

The calc stands as it is.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
A meteor or shooting star is the visible passage of a meteoroid, comet, or asteroid entering Earth's atmosphere. At a speed typically in excess of 20 km/s (72,000 km/h; 45,000 mph), aerodynamic heating of that object produces a streak of light, both from the glowing object and the trail of glowing particles that it leaves in its wake. Meteors typically become visible when they are about 100 km (62 mi) above sea level. A series of many meteors appearing seconds or minutes apart and appearing to originate from the same fixed point in the sky is called a meteor shower.
From wikipedia.

Every article that I have seen references that the speed of meteoroids/asteroids are baseline that minimum speed.

Also, considering that the very first panel shows the meteor not in our atmosphere yet (the thin blue layer encircling the earth) and it has a streak of light behind it due to aerodynamic heating, the argument could be made for the high-end.

Last edited:

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
However, since that could just be artistic interpretation of its movement (specifically because aerodynamic heating only occurs once the object is entering into our atmosphere....I believe).

The low-end should apply.

Last edited:

Warlordgab

Illustrious
However, since that could just be artistic interpretation of its movement (specifically because aerodynamic heating only occurs once the object is entering into our atmosphere....I believe).

The low-end should apply.
In that case, I suppose all that's left to do is to bring the calcs to the "Calculation Factory" thread, and wait for approval

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
Moved Strider and Meio to the tippy top of top tier.

Third moon explosion puts him well past continental:
https://www.deviantart.com/kirito352/art/Third-Moon-feats-Strider-883203728
Anti-Gravity Device Yield = 8.6 Exatons of TNT
Third Moon Explosion = 50 Petatons of TNT

With at least FTL reactions:
https://www.deviantart.com/kirito352/art/Hiryu-vs-Lasers-Strider-816683088
Movement Speed = 56% speed of light
Slashing Speed = 9.3c

https://www.deviantart.com/kirito352/art/Hiryu-vs-Lasers-2-Strider-910614419
Speed = 119c

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
Rooflemonger brought up a good point in his video. Ed is most likely dying. His skin looks splotchy. His eyes have like bags underneath them. Since he is an accelerated growth clone of Bison (Psycho Power already takes a massive toll on the wielder unless your body is built to handle it), he's probably not long for the world. Falke and the others are probably in the same boat.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
GEtTBwzakAIPaqU

Reminder of the secret Street Fighter V lore they don't want you to know about: Urien and Gill are lightskins

Back