Subnautica feats, power & lore discussion thread

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Mesmers can hypnotise their victims or potential predators, filling the targets brain with messeges to swim closer. This includes even AIs (and non-living AIs too).
xkFjibB.jpg

UTtQb7g.jpg
You're actually able to break free of the hypnosis of the Mesmer.

When a Mesmer is hypnotising you, you can hear your PDA telling you to swim closer (which is either it sending meseges to the PDA or to your head or both).
"It is your primary directive to swim closer to that beautiful creature... Swim closer... Swim closer now... It looks so friendly... Do not resist... Don't struggle... Go closer"

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Vortex Torpedos can create localized gravity distortions.
u1EHsle.jpg
The Repulsion Cannon is a modified Propulsion Cannon that repels harder (abet still at non-lethal velocities), although it can't attract.
tDnxovy.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Pyrocoral is a species of coral that grows around magma vents and can even withstand magma passing through it.
OdCMDEu.jpg
Lava Lizards can not only survive and live in magma, but can spit molten rock at predators and prey.
TmWorJe.jpg

l6lqpya.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Prawn Suits are said to be able to crush asteroids with their bare hands and "play catch" with meteors. They function both in the void of space and deep underwater.
YkJ70vK.jpg
Prawn Suits are designed to traverse harsh environments on foot.
n8hwtRo.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Lost River disease research centre was damaged by a Leviathan which attacked one of its anchor cables with "massive force" and caused it to sink.
5zd0Hbe.jpg
The anchor cables in question.
n4zCojA.jpg
Within this research facility are the remains of an extinct Leviathan.
MxQjfLS.jpg
Warpers are confirmed to be organic technology, with both biological and cybernetic parts.
1XhfBBs.jpg

2dx4Tgf.jpg
The Warpers organic parts were constructed from the DNA of dozens of species (most of which originated from offworld).
WbDAsm2.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Ghost Leviathans are among the biggest creatures on the planet, and when fully grown inhabit the dead zone, feeding mostly on plankton. They can lash out at incredible speeds and have devastating ramming attacks. They can rip through the flesh of any creature in range.
Sk5GQ2i.jpg

07evBrE.jpg

4V3nQ0k.jpg
The Stasis Rifle can work against Ghost Leviathans.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
In the Lost River lies the remains of some utterly colossal leviathans.
SygxOeU.jpg

nGoYcCy.jpg

imhecd9.jpg

n8AjVSV.jpg

MYvDzrI.jpg

YkqbAHz.jpg
The creature dwarved even juvenile ghost leviathans (and would have been far bigger than even fully grown ghost leviathans).
LgWR3Pq.jpg
These remains are millions of years old, and were monitored by the Precursers. It's thought that the oceans were very different back then.
lZoLl3R.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Prawn Suits drill arm can be used to dig through several metals and stones. For example, gold...

Titanium...

Uranite crystal...

Copper...

Quartz...

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Prawn Suits Propulsion Cannon possesses industrial level strength and can be used to lob boulders around.

The Prawn Suit can use propulsion thrusters to leap out of the water.

Thje Prawn Suits grappling hook can be used to swing around and accelerate itself with great momentum.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
A video which shows the proper size of the creatures in Subnautica are actually massive (which actually does make sense, as spatial disonance when deep sea diving is a thing).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Sea Dragon Leviathans are colossal leviathans that live deep in the lava-filled cave systems, growing to sizes of 112m, and are so colossal that they even hunt smaller leviathans (such as even Reaper Leviathans). One-third of their bodies are composed of inanimate materials (from devouring mineral substances), and may explain their ability to withstand extreme temperatures with seemingly heat-proof tissue. They are also capable of swallowing molten rock and spewing it at their target. However, their numbers are believed to be extremely low, to the point they are potentially facing extinction.
kBuaaBW.jpg

6FL4dH2.jpg
Sea Dragon Leviathans can spew magma at their foes.

You can find the skeletons of Reaper Leviathans in this area, which fell prey to Sea Dragon Leviathans.
Hr2WNp8.jpg
g4mI14U.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Sea Treader Leviathans are massive sea treading creatures which walk the ocean floors with thick armour that only the largest of carnivores can penetrate.
ilRHC50.jpg

iiAF0fG.jpg
Sea Treader Leviathans decimate the flora of any area they're in, so they're perpetually miagrating.
Lk1CMp4.jpg
Sea Treader Leviathans dredge up minerals from the ground just by walking.

Sea Treader Leviathans shake the ground by walking, enough so to shake the Seamoth.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Lava Larva are creatures which can detect and feed on energy, such as thermal vents and submarines. If attached to a submarine like the cyclops, they can drain it of power.
g7QLBd0.jpg

bfEvZVI.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Ion Cube Fabricators can create Ion Cubes in just a few minutes (at most). This power is drawn from the thermal plant.
BVcSkXf.jpg
Information on creating ion cubes.
DQ31nik.jpg
Sonic deterents keep away sea creatures from the Sea Emperor Leviathan containment facility.
QGswwOi.jpg
Precurser building blocks feature both technological and genetic parts, similar to the warpers.
ZXg1Fkh.jpg
The Organic Matter Particulator destroys all organisms exposed to it while leaving inorganic structures unharmed. While this would function well as a weapon, chances are it was used to combat the infection.
P31oIcH.jpg
The Precursors had translation devices that contains data for over a thousand languages, including a number of ancient Earth lannguages. Unfortunately, it's designed only to work to translate for the Precursors own language and not other ways around.
nmjPNbl.jpg
The nanobots created by the Precursors are much smaller than those used by the Federation.
aCdusMI.jpg
The technology of the Precursors is far above that of the Federation.
EBCEI7o.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Sea Emperor Leviathan can communicate with you telepathically.
4coOneZ.jpg

NJgsxbo.jpg

NxFheqZ.jpg
She can do this even from a distance (and can sense you're at the thermal plant).
3l1LP9w.jpg
Sea Emperor Leviathan causes all of the predators in her habitat to be tame.
1raXO5A.jpg
Sea Emperor Leviathan is so huge that a new leviathan classification system had to be come up with upon this creatures discovery. This species secrets enzyme 42, which cures the khaara bacteria.
u6kW3yl.jpg

ZZT0F5e.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Sea Emperor Leviathan blows away several tons of sand covering a teleporter portal so her young can swim to freedom. After helping her young hatch, she gives you Enzyme 42 and cures you of the khaara virus.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The energy core of the Precursor laser cannon contains 100 megatons of energy, and can be used to shoot vessels overhead or strike targets in orbit.
RUKy9tp.jpg

Back