Super Robot Wars: Calamitous Dawn

Mazin Kiryu

Notorious
The spook gets tackled off the wing just as it had clambered back onto it when Kane had engaged the autopilot. Even though both of them were free-falling towards their doom, the dino still decided to put up a fight, throwing punches at the Scion of the Photon labs all while screaming and roaring at the top of its lungs.

"Fool! You've killed us both!"
Kane would be falling as he knew he couldn’t just push himself out of the reptile, as he was getting punch, he try dodging while punching back but with no mobility, he took them.

But then Kane quickly came up with a plan, as he left himself open and let go of the reptile, taking a punch which manage to let him gain distance from the reptile as he was falling.

As Kane clearly took bruises and was bleeding out of his mouth from the reptile, he just grin and snap his finger and then pointed at him.

“Say hi to Dr Hell for Me!” He said as the Condor then flew underneath Kane and quickly swoop him up.

As Kane would the tap into the cockpit and close the canopy, resting himself on the seat as those punches were a bit too.. inhuman like.

“Fucking freaking alien genotype..”

Ironboi13

The reptile's hands were less protected than the rest of its armored body, earning Kane a grunt of pain from his attacker and a brief respite as it reflexively backed off, but it still took quite the effort to pierce through its undersuit. Guess no expense was spared for whoever armed these spooks.

"Damned monkey!"

Retaliating, the reptile tried to use its superior body weight and size to its advantage by pouncing onto Kane, making sure to keep his knife away from its throat by pinning his wrists, and then trying to headbutt the Scion of the Photon Labs into submission with its helmeted dome. Like before, its struggles were causing its feet to unintentionally hit the Brain Condor's dashboard and control stick, this time causing the jet to zoom out through the partially open hangar doors, where the sudden inertia caused both occupants to tumble about the still-open cockpit, with the spook almost getting thrown out if not for it managing to grab onto the pilder's vertical stabilizer, where it immediately and rather desperately began to pull itself to a far more stable position, trying to get its feet onto the wing.

David's search for the so-called survivors would be rudely interrupted when a small red and yellow jet suddenly zoomed between the Wing Freedom and the "Clover Gundam". If both Gundam pilots' eyes were quick, they'd notice an armored figure hanging onto the aircraft in an almost comical manner.

Unknown to David and well, everyone in the base at large; they were being watched from a distance. Way, way out in the distance, through a rifle scope. Locking the crosshairs onto the center of mass of the easiest, most obvious target of the bunch: The Wing Freedom. As the hidden sharpshooter steadies its aim, licking its lips with a forked tongue all while it runs its fingers over the firing trigger in an almost sensual manner, savoring the anticipation.

That's right, stand still and be a nice, dumb target for me...

Don't tell me you're going to take the shot without radar or laser rangefinding?

What can I say? Gotta keep your skills sharp...

Well don't pull just yet, wouldn't wanna spoil the show for the rest of the team.

Relax, I know the stakes. Otherwise, they wouldn't have picked us for this Op.

Fine... ETA in 15 seconds by the way.

See? Not a single problem to worry about.

Pulling the trigger, a blinding flash lights up the night followed by a thunderclap that echoes throughout the Alpine mountains, scattering all sorts of birds and other wildlife every which way. And just as the unnatural thunder resounded throughout the Valleys and Plains, both Gundams would get an incoming radar signature from on high; no IFF and seemingly the size of a small plane and most definitely not the one that they had seen just now. Before there could be any conjecture on what the unknown signature is, there was an abrupt flash of light coming from the west, then a deafening clang and a shower of sparks as bright as a new year's fireworks display, and finally followed by the Wing Freedom abruptly getting launched into the air before faceplanting into the tarmac.

Dammit! Minor effect!

That was Phase-Shift armor for sure.

PS or not, the human inside isn't going to walk that off.

Immediately after the surprise attack, from the night skies above, a shadowy vaguely humanoid figure is seen for the briefest of moments pointing its arm downwards before vanishing in the wake of a volley of bluish-white comets that rained down on the RX-78, each missed shot impacting into the tarmac blasting a hole wide and deep enough to fit in an entire family car lengthwise. Needless to say, its supercarbon composite armor will stand long against such potent weapons fire.

Before long, the closest of the hidden attackers makes itself known, and in a rather spectacular fashion at that; coming to a hard landing on the runway, violent enough to smash open a crater with its forceful impact and kick up a thick cloud of dust. Wasting no time, the intruder then charges out of its makeshift smokescreen, revealing its form to be both distinctly saurian in form yet dreadfully familiar; clad in stone-like scales and rounded, organic armor that bore a multitude of dangerous-looking weapons mounted upon it and an unmistakably saurian visage. But what really stands out about it is the resemblance it bore to the Getter Machines used by Saotome Labs, with the aureola-like crest on the back of its head and its stylized mouthguard being a dead ringer for the Getter Dragon. There was no mistaking it... The Dinosaur Empire is attacking mankind again!

Quickly identifying the most immediate threat, the Getter-Dino brings to bear the energy cannon mounted on its right arm and lets loose a rapid volley of bluish-white particle blasts at the Mazinger Z as it was emerging from the Hangars before launching itself at the Black Iron Castle with a jet-assisted superman punch straight into its mouth grill.

"Ungh!" David grunted...Such a heavy impact...

An immediate check would reveal no penetrating damage...But the blow was hard enough to send the Wing Freedom into the air. The Gundam rolled to its feet after a few moments spent trying to recover from the shot.

He checked his radar to determine the point of origin...That is, as David bore witness to the dinosaur currently making its entrance.

"What...?" The Wing Freedom's Buster Rifle slipped from its talon to its hand with deceptively fast speed.

He was going to get answers, and he'd put the hurt on someone to get it...That strange creature-thing would do.

"What is this?" David asked the RX-78-3's pilots, wary of any more sniper attacks.

sir_fire

Distinguished
Kane would be falling as he knew he couldn’t just push himself out of the reptile, as he was getting punch, he try dodging while punching back but with no mobility, he took them.

But then Kane quickly came up with a plan, as he left himself open and let go of the reptile, taking a punch which manage to let him gain distance from the reptile as he was falling.

As Kane clearly took bruises and was bleeding out of his mouth from the reptile, he just grin and snap his finger and then pointed at him.

“Say hi to Dr Hell for Me!” He said as the Condor then flew underneath Kane and quickly swoop him up.

As Kane would the tap into the cockpit and close the canopy, resting himself on the seat as those punches were a bit too.. inhuman like.

“Fucking freaking alien genotype..”
Screaming in rage and dismay all the way down, the spook goes splat on the tarmac, instantly dying from the impact. Moments later, the bomb that Kane stuck on its chest goes off in a massive explosion, far too big for something no wider than a dinner bowl and leaving a significant-sized crater on the edge of the runway... Talk about cutting it close. But now that he has some peace of mind at the moment, he'd notice that the Mazinger Z was getting manhandled by what looked like some sort of lizarman kaiju decked out in guns and armor.

Gungnir 8 has flatlined.

Hugin, requesting permission to exfil. I'm not losing any more of my team to the mammals.

Permission granted. The plan has gone to the next phase regardless.

Copy. Gungnir team, exit the stage and light the rest of the fireworks.

Negative Gungnir 1, I've almost got the treasure from the mimic.

You have 2 minutes Gungnir 4.

I'll get it done in one.

Ears ringing from the infernal racket caused by what had been unmistakably a railgun slug disintegrating upon failing to destroy its target, the Rayleonard Consultants grit their teeth and continued to press onwards towards their hangar. If the explosions weren't enough to wake up the rest of the base, then that massive clang should have done the trick. Reaching their goal, the consultants entered through the side doors.

"Friggin miracle we made it without anything deliberately trying to kill us huh?"

Stella however isn't quite as optimistic.

"Don't jinx it Bob. And you can put me down now."

The burly man does so, with Shinkai handing the cane back to its rightful owner. Up until now, he'd been dead silent; finding no reason to talk. Until now that is.

"Our plane."

Pointing towards their transport, the trio found the rear cargo doors opening all on their own, an extremely worrisome sight. For one thing, there was absolutely no other way to get the doors to lower automatically, it was all manual; done from inside the plane or through a secured control panel on the rear of the titanic craft. Which meant that something else got to their plane and its extremely valuable cargo first.

"Awwww hell..."

"We have to secure Split Moon. Now."

No more words needed to be said, and the trio quickly advanced towards their now-compromised plane. By the time they had almost reached one of the plane's doors, Shinkai suddenly widened his eyes in horror before he abruptly shouts:

"BOB TO YOUR RIGHT!!!"

Barely stopping himself, a gash suddenly appeared across Bob's belly, drawing blood but little else. Suppressing his scream of pain and shock with a hiss, the pilot then threw a left cross at where he thought the phantom attacker's head was. His instinct was on the mark as his fist created a dull cracking sound, clear evidence of him hitting the ghost where it hurt. Hopefully, more than he had hurt himself as he recoiled and screamed in agony at having most likely broken his hand.

Already moving despite getting rattled and as its cloaking field began to falter after Bob had punched a hole through its helmet, the spook struck at the pilot with its blade, shanking him on the belly, twisting as it pulled its arm out. But before it could deliver another stab, the power-armored infiltrator was tackled to the floor by Shinkai, who then tried to shove a ball-point pen into the hole Bob made on the spook's helmet with a yell of exertion. But the spook was way quicker, catching the young pilot's arm and stopping the makeshift shiv centimeters away from the hole and then kicking him off with its digitigrade leg, sending the ex-IJN pilot into the air for a short while before he comes to a rather harsh landing on the hangar floor, writhing in agony from the severity of the blow.

Kipping up, the fiend was about to march towards the prone pilot and crush his head like an egg beneath its foot if not for Stella's intervention; throwing her cane at the spook's legs with surprising accuracy, tripping it up and giving the young pilot time to recover, where he then scrambled for the stick while the phantom was distracted by his partner. Just as it was about to go after Stella, who tried to put on a brave face but was openly shivering in fear at the prospect of fighting the monster. Shinkai got between it and her, facing off against the power-armored saboteur with a Kendo stance. The very image of a Knight defending his lady from harm.

The fiend cocks its head in amusement at Shinkai's theatrics before obliging his desire to die with some dignity intact by having another wristblade pop out, this time from its off-hand before it moved in to attack, striking with a wild flurry of slashes and thrusts all while practically ignoring any of the young pilot's counterattacks thanks to its armor. As the fight went on, Bob was busying himself by limping up the jet's airstairs, having lowered them all while holding his guts and blood in; the feat made only possible due to Shinkai and Stella taking the fiend's attention away from him.

"Stella, Ikki, hang on tight down there..."

Last edited:

TrickOLF

Kane didn’t knew as he spoke To Tyzell by radio, “listen kid, you got to help out our allies out there, I need to double check the Condor”

"Gotcha, man!" I said with a nod. "Time to kick some fucking ass!" I followed as I got into motion!

Before long, the closest of the hidden attackers makes itself known, and in a rather spectacular fashion at that; coming to a hard landing on the runway, violent enough to smash open a crater with its forceful impact and kick up a thick cloud of dust. Wasting no time, the intruder then charges out of its makeshift smokescreen, revealing its form to be both distinctly saurian in form yet dreadfully familiar; clad in stone-like scales and rounded, organic armor that bore a multitude of dangerous-looking weapons mounted upon it and an unmistakably saurian visage. But what really stands out about it is the resemblance it bore to the Getter Machines used by Saotome Labs, with the aureola-like crest on the back of its head and its stylized mouthguard being a dead ringer for the Getter Dragon. There was no mistaking it... The Dinosaur Empire is attacking mankind again!

Quickly identifying the most immediate threat, the Getter-Dino brings to bear the energy cannon mounted on its right arm and lets loose a rapid volley of bluish-white particle blasts at the Mazinger Z as it was emerging from the Hangars before launching itself at the Black Iron Castle with a jet-assisted superman punch straight into its mouth grill.

As I then arrived into battle, it was then that my threat was clear: FUCKING GODDAMN DINO EMPIRE GETTER MACHINES.

"Can't you guys just stay fucking under already-GARGH!" I then said as then, I got punched in the mouth...well, the Z's mouth, anyway, by the getterdino!

"Alright, cheap shot!" I then gritted my teeth in indignance...before I then grabbed the dino's arm...

And judo-flipped it into the ground!

"Fuck off, will ya?!" I then said as I then begin do a stomp combo with the Z, assisted in the speed with minor bursts of the Scrander before kicking it away!

sir_fire

Distinguished
"Gotcha, man!" I said with a nod. "Time to kick some fucking ass!" I followed as I got into motion!

As I then arrived into battle, it was then that my threat was clear: FUCKING GODDAMN DINO EMPIRE GETTER MACHINES.

"Can't you guys just stay fucking under already-GARGH!" I then said as then, I got punched in the mouth...well, the Z's mouth, anyway, by the getterdino!

"Alright, cheap shot!" I then gritted my teeth in indignance...before I then grabbed the dino's arm...

"Fuck off, will ya?!" I then said as I then begin do a stomp combo with the Z, assisted in the speed with minor bursts of the Scrander before kicking it away!
Unfortunately for Tyzell and the Mazinger, despite the Gettersaur's Kaiju-esque build and motif, it was far more agile than appeared; as evidenced by the thing stopping itself from slamming into the ground using both fluid, uncanny grace, its movements likened to that of a pro wrestler and with assistance from its back-mounted jets to instead whirl itself around along with the Mazinger, quite literally turning the situation around by grabbing the Black Iron Castle by its waist with its free arm before hip-tossing it into a nearby TSF hangar in retaliation, the sheet metal construction buckling and crumpling like paper before the weight and hardness of the Super Alloy-Z robot.

For some reason, it didn't immediately follow up, but then the hangar that Tyzell found himself in suddenly blew up and there had been no evidence that the Gettersaur had launched an attack to do so, the saboteurs... Before the young geek could regain his bearings and get back in the fight however, the Mazinger's instruments picks up a strange electromagnetic signal coming from where the saurian doppelganger was, and before he knew it, a wide volley of metallic shard-like darts zooms through the flames and smoke, seemingly steering themselves towards... The Pilder on top of the Mazinger's head!

While the encounter was brief, what was shown by the saurian invader would be enough to convince Kane that whatever is piloting that thing is a dangerous foe, completely in-sync with his machine and someone he cannot let Tyzell fight on his lonesome.

Last edited:

Mazin Kiryu

Notorious
Unfortunately for Tyzell and the Mazinger, despite the Gettersaur's Kaiju-esque build and motif, it was far more agile than appeared; as evidenced by the thing stopping itself from slamming into the ground using both fluid, uncanny grace, its movements likened to that of a pro wrestler and with assistance from its back-mounted jets to instead whirl itself around along with the Mazinger, quite literally turning the situation around by grabbing the Black Iron Castle by its waist with its free arm before hip-tossing it into a nearby TSF hangar in retaliation, the sheet metal construction buckling and crumpling like paper before the weight and hardness of the Super Alloy-Z robot.

For some reason, it didn't immediately follow up, but then the hangar that Tyzell found himself in suddenly blew up and there had been no evidence that the Gettersaur had launched an attack to do so, the saboteurs... Before the young geek could regain his bearings and get back in the fight however, the Mazinger's instruments picks up a strange electromagnetic signal coming from where the saurian doppelganger was, and before he knew it, a wide volley of metallic shard-like darts zooms through the flames and smoke, seemingly steering themselves towards... The Pilder on top of the Mazinger's head!

While the encounter was brief, what was shown by the saurian invader would be enough to convince Kane that whatever is piloting that thing is a dangerous foe, completely in-sync with his machine and someone he cannot let Tyzell fight on his lonesome.
Kane would see the fight from up the condor, The bastard is using the explosive they set up around the base as a advantage against Z.

“Alright, It time for Great to even the odds”

Kane would grab his father helmet as he put it on, lowering the visor as he then flew all the way toward the hangar, as he scream.

“FIRE ON!”

As soon, inside the hangar, a Lion roar could be heard, as something just came alive, causing a thunder storm to form around the base as lighting was coming down, hitting certain areas.

As Great Mazinger would burst Out of the hangar, flying up on the Sky as he stare down at the Dino Getter.

“Take this! Great Boomerang”

As Great would remove his V shape breast plate before throwing it as fast as he can, heading toward the getter.

“Follow up by this! Atomic punch!” As he lifted up his right arm and it forearm blasted off, spinning rapidly as it was following the Boomerang.

The Ancient Purple

"Ungh!" David grunted...Such a heavy impact...

An immediate check would reveal no penetrating damage...But the blow was hard enough to send the Wing Freedom into the air. The Gundam rolled to its feet after a few moments spent trying to recover from the shot.

He checked his radar to determine the point of origin...That is, as David bore witness to the dinosaur currently making its entrance.

"What...?" The Wing Freedom's Buster Rifle slipped from its talon to its hand with deceptively fast speed.

He was going to get answers, and he'd put the hurt on someone to get it...That strange creature-thing would do.

"What is this?" David asked the RX-78-3's pilots, wary of any more sniper attacks.

The duo occupying the cockpit of the RX-78 were struck dumb, unable to quite to process what had just happened to the Wing Freedom. Not a second was spared to see if the man they had just met had fared well against the attack before Helen's attention was drawn into the sky above. Acting underneath the impulse of her unconscious reactions, her fingers danced along the controls as soon as the smallest glimpse of hostile movement was caught.

It resulted in the Gundam getting a move on. A loud hissing blast is emanated by the jetpack to the blast of the backpack thrusters, resulting in the white devil displacing itself from side to side, deftly dodging the aim of the surprise assailant with a combination of incredibly fancy footwork, crouching and weaving. Even though the overall mobility of this Gundam was not particularly impressive, even when compared to a TSF; the way it changed directions in an instant and the fluidity of its movements and acrobatics could strike envy on the most advanced and ambitious mech designs. It did not necessarily prevent the shield from absorbing a few shots however, as evidenced by the burns and divots along its face and a portion of the beam coating withering away to dissipate the energy blasts.

Helen didn't allow the Gettersaurus to get off the hook easily. She was quick to track down the assailant's movements into the position of an exploding hangar where Mazinger Z was laid upon. The Gundam repositioned itself into mid-range. A perfect compromise between attaining the optimal range to fire a pair of rapid shots into the center mass of the Gettersaurus with its own beam rifle and being on the optimal range to react into potential counter-offensives.

Gabriela couldn't help but giggle at the revelation. "There's the taste of the Dinosaur Empire for ya, fella." She responded to David while Helen was concentrated on the battle ahead and her surroundings.

Ironboi13

The duo occupying the cockpit of the RX-78 were struck dumb, unable to quite to process what had just happened to the Wing Freedom. Not a second was spared to see if the man they had just met had fared well against the attack before Helen's attention was drawn into the sky above. Acting underneath the impulse of her unconscious reactions, her fingers danced along the controls as soon as the smallest glimpse of hostile movement was caught.

It resulted in the Gundam getting a move on. A loud hissing blast is emanated by the jetpack to the blast of the backpack thrusters, resulting in the white devil displacing itself from side to side, deftly dodging the aim of the surprise assailant with a combination of incredibly fancy footwork, crouching and weaving. Even though the overall mobility of this Gundam was not particularly impressive, even when compared to a TSF; the way it changed directions in an instant and the fluidity of its movements and acrobatics could strike envy on the most advanced and ambitious mech designs. It did not necessarily prevent the shield from absorbing a few shots however, as evidenced by the burns and divots along its face and a portion of the beam coating withering away to dissipate the energy blasts.

Helen didn't allow the Gettersaurus to get off the hook easily. She was quick to track down the assailant's movements into the position of an exploding hangar where Mazinger Z was laid upon. The Gundam repositioned itself into mid-range. A perfect compromise between attaining the optimal range to fire a pair of rapid shots into the center mass of the Gettersaurus with its own beam rifle and being on the optimal range to react into potential counter-offensives.

Gabriela couldn't help but giggle at the revelation. "There's the taste of the Dinosaur Empire for ya, fella." She responded to David while Helen was concentrated on the battle ahead and her surroundings.
"Dinosaur...? What're you talking about?" David's patience was beginning to thin...Too much show, not enough tell.

Whatever the case...That strange creature that just landed was definitely not friendly. David charged the Buster Rifle and raised his shield, ready to move at even the smallest inclination. He monitored his radar once again...That sniper was still out there, possibly readying for another shot.

He'd assist this strange Gundam and its pilots for now...But he was definitely demanding answers later

sir_fire

Distinguished
"Dinosaur...? What're you talking about?" David's patience was beginning to thin...Too much show, not enough tell.

Whatever the case...That strange creature that just landed was definitely not friendly. David charged the Buster Rifle and raised his shield, ready to move at even the smallest inclination. He monitored his radar once again...That sniper was still out there, possibly readying for another shot.

He'd assist this strange Gundam and its pilots for now...But he was definitely demanding answers later

The beam shots splashed against the Gettersaur's shoulder and torso in fountains of pinkish sparks as it was busy shooting projectiles from what looked like a metallic porcupine attached to its left arm at the burning hangar, drawing its attention but little else owing to the superior armor protection so common to the creations of the Dinosaurs. Leaving the Mazinger for now, the Gettersaur opens up with both of its arm-mounted weapons, firing a wild fusillade of particle blasts and armor-piercing darts at both Gundams as it began to make a swift advance towards the two. While the RX-78 was built to resist energy weapons fire, the darts were going to be a problem, especially considering just what was firing them and the fact that they seemed to be tracking the prototype's movements. And as for the Wing Freedom, those particle blasts won't give any damns about Phase-Shift armor should they hit.

Kane would see the fight from up the condor, The bastard is using the explosive they set up around the base as a advantage against Z.

“Alright, It time for Great to even the odds”

Kane would grab his father helmet as he put it on, lowering the visor as he then flew all the way toward the hangar, as he scream.

“FIRE ON!”

As soon, inside the hangar, a Lion roar could be heard, as something just came alive, causing a thunder storm to form around the base as lighting was coming down, hitting certain areas.

As Great Mazinger would burst Out of the hangar, flying up on the Sky as he stare down at the Dino Getter.

“Take this! Great Boomerang”

As Great would remove his V shape breast plate before throwing it as fast as he can, heading toward the getter.

“Follow up by this! Atomic punch!” As he lifted up his right arm and it forearm blasted off, spinning rapidly as it was following the Boomerang.

However, before the Gettersaur enter close combat with either Gundam; the Great Mazinger enters the field of battle in the nick of time, with the Great Boomerang managing to tag the Gettersaur on its blind spot, staggering the beast after the giant superheated blade had smashed against its flank with a shower of sparks; but not nearly enough to allow the Atomic Punch to land a clean hit as it dived to the ground to avoid taking the blow. Unfortunately for the humans, the dino didn't stay down for long as it used its jets to rocket across the tarmac and the runway before ascending to the skies, coming to a stop once it matched the Great's altitude.

Despite its extremely high-tempo and aggressive opening, the thing seemed to have gotten cold feet at the prospect of a 1v4 and looked like it was about to turn tail and run. But then the group's radar would pick up another unknown contact from high altitude, this one much less stealthy than the Gettersaurus and was practically telling them where it was by using radar lock against them, causing their cockpits' radar spike warning to come to life with a droning series of beeps or whatever else auditory cue their avionics used.

And then without warning, another bright flash came from the West. If Kane, the one most likely to take notice of the flash, were to look at the direction where it came from, he'd only have a split second to react before a very, very fast and very dense projectile would crash headlong into the Great's torso.

Last edited:

sir_fire

Distinguished
Ignus was incensed by her words, his push on my mind to try and take over and attack for that insult took far more strain than it should have. While Ignus still shuttered with righteous rage, I did stop the weapons from going live.

It seemed Ignus wasn't exactly putting a high priority on breaching the Ship's com lines for any information to verify themselves. Best to try and draw out first contact so Ignus can get back to the subversion attempt.

From the Warhorns, I started with my reply. Ignus wasn't in the mood to try and Vox their Knight's.

"Not a soul among this crew is a Xenos, Child, each and every being left is Human, just as the Omnisaiiah Intended."

If they are truthful in their intentions, asking them the same questions could then be used to compare their words to their orders once Ignus pulled through.

Or in this place, I could possibly even attempt using Psykana to verify things further. Might as well expand my practice in those arts here in a far safer realm while I could.

So as I spoke, I extended my mind to just the singular child. I didnt push hard, but simply surrounded their own soul with my will, and tried to see if I could make any sense from the surface thoughts and feeling across its mind.

"Are you all crew and soliders in another ship that was pulled into this Planet by Warps in Realspace, or representatives of the Government of this Planet?"
It seems these strangers have mechs of their own, one of them looking somewhat similar to a certain artillery based mobile suit. Like the ship they came from, the mechs didn’t appear to have any immediate hostile intentions, though Daniel was still a bit wary. But he can at least reply back with comms now established.

“Like my acquaintance here said, we’re all human here. Though I suppose we’re aliens in a different sense. Forgive our caution, but we’ve never heard of the Ceran Navy.”

That was a decent question to ask them. If they were yet another group pulled here by the same thing that dragged the rest of them to this desert, hopefully they’d at least have a better idea of what’s going on. If they were actual natives, they might get some good explanations.

William Liam Tinmall
<<<∅>>>
Apparently not willing to wait for a reply, the ship sent again it's message before deploying a squad of mobile suits, all heavily armed for what looked like anti-ship combat.
Liam looked around apprehensively, as even his limited experience could recognise a show of force, a move to impose compliance.
The scientist was forced to let go of the controls, not trusting his shaking hands to nor cause a scene with an involuntary movement.

The tension dissolved into confusion as Liam found out that the most heavily armed Suit transmitted the voice of a young girl.

How old was she?

While it was true that Liam sounded younger that he truly was due to his diminutive height, this pilot was not that...

"I guess we count as aliens, all things considered" mused in the comunicators, before noticing that it was still on.

"Uhm... Hello to you too! I'm glad for the help. I'm Doctor William Tinmall, piloting the GAT-X-1000 Null, but please call me Liam..."

They needed the help:
Stuck in a desert with no way to travel it, low on fuel for their suits and food for their men, unless this Ceran navy was going to betray them in the next hour, they were the best shot.

He hoped...

Did... did the Ignus tense?

It was a weird sight, almost an involuntary twitch from something that shouldn't have them.
And, of course, Valrin made sure that we knew that je was part of a cult...

At least Daniel was much more sensible, probably because of his rank.

He hoped that the rest of the ship's crew wouldn't create more issues...
There was silence over the line for a few short, uncomfortable moments. Likely due to the trio deciding to have a private conversation regarding what the outworlders have said.

"The guy in the short beetle-like mech is insane."

The pilot of the blue mech, a girl with short lavender hair and eyes as brilliantly blue as her machine stated to her wingmen. At the same time, Valrin would note that there was a hue of apprehension and distrust coming from her soul, all due to what he had said to her. Speaking of, her soul was as flat and inert as the typical human, so she is utterly ignorant of his telepathic scrying.

"Errr... That's not a very nice thing to say Chigara, but... He really does sound a bit... Ok, he's speaking spooky monkey talk."

Asaga responds in a somewhat reprehensive tone.

"But who are we to judge? What he has said sounds familiar to how certain things were from where I hailed, uncomfortably so..."

The third member of the element finally speaks, the only male of the team and unlike his wingmen, spoke with a deep, mature voice, his tone measured and firm, his accent betraying a hint of nobility.

"I know, Vicious... But something just tells me that these guys aren't what they seem. And it's not just because they have 4 heavily armed non-Ryder mechs with them..."

"Understandable. Hopefully, they value their lives more than whatever they may believe in."

Soon enough, the girl in the blue mech responds to the survivors.

"No, not really, this is our home planet. Well, the home planet of the people currently employing me and my friends, Planet Cera for your information. Anyway, the ship that had crashed here was something we were utterly unprepared for, as it had appeared well within the Planet's gravity well before anything could have been done; but events like this sadly aren't unheard of. We will ask about the details of what exactly caused the ship to crash and why it blew up later, but for now, evacuating any survivors is our top priority."

The aforementioned survivors were all looking up at the trio of new mechs from behind Valrin and his strange companions with a mix of curiosity and guardedness and from the way they were crowding around, it seemed as if they were protecting, hiding something. Something that Asaga noticed as her red and white mech was leaning forward a bit to get a better look at the crowd.

"What do you think they're hiding down there Vicious? Looks sus."

The older pilot responds with a particularly dry tone.

"Their injured. Clearly."

Sigismund

There was silence over the line for a few short, uncomfortable moments. Likely due to the trio deciding to have a private conversation regarding what the outworlders have said.

The pilot of the blue mech, a girl with short lavender hair and eyes as brilliantly blue as her machine stated to her wingmen. At the same time, Valrin would note that there was a hue of apprehension and distrust coming from her soul, all due to what he had said to her. Speaking of, her soul was as flat and inert as the typical human, so she is utterly ignorant of his telepathic scrying.

"Errr... That's not a very nice thing to say Chigara, but... He really does sound a bit... Ok, he's speaking spooky monkey talk."

"But who are we to judge? What he has said sounds familiar to how certain things were from where I hailed, uncomfortably so..."

The third member of the element finally speaks, the only male of the team and unlike his wingmen, spoke with a deep, mature voice, his tone measured and firm, his accent betraying a hint of nobility.

"I know, Vicious... But something just tells me that these guys aren't what they seem. And it's not just because they have 4 heavily armed non-Ryder mechs with them..."

"Understandable. Hopefully, they value their lives more than whatever they may believe in."

"No, not really, this is our home planet. Well, the home planet of the people currently employing me and my friends, Planet Cera for your information. Anyway, the ship that had crashed here was something we were utterly unprepared for, as it had appeared well within the Planet's gravity well before anything could have been done; but events like this sadly aren't unheard of. We will ask about the details of what exactly caused the ship to crash and why it blew up later, but for now, evacuating any survivors is our top priority."

The aforementioned survivors were all looking up at the trio of new mechs from behind Valrin and his strange companions with a mix of curiosity and guardedness and from the way they were crowding around, it seemed as if they were protecting, hiding something. Something that Asaga noticed as her red and white mech was leaning forward a bit to get a better look at the crowd.

For the first time, I almost regretted my deep psychic link to Ignus.
It was times like these that the willpower of a Scion or a Princeps was needed most: Ignorant idiots insulting an Avatar of the Machine God

As soon as the words "Beetle-like" were said, Ignus's full attention was brought right back. I had to flip the physical weapons off switch on my throne. Twice.

Hearing another Human call a Human an Eldar slang was a new one. It just made Ignus even worse, but now I had him under control. With his dramatics passed, I flipped the weapons on switch back as a line that guaranteed I couldn't trust a single one of them while they still drawled breath was uttered.

"Understandable. Hopefully, they value their lives more than whatever they may believe in.""

Disgusting.

But now the Scryed responded.

Evacuation may mean they split up the remnants of the crew, Imperial Citizens and Agents of the Ordos all, to currently unknown fates.

Unacceptable.

Planetary Government most likely wouldn't like that, but considering their lack of psychic wards and defenses to their vanguard and scout military units, running against them should be fairly simple in any terrain that wasn't vast open flat deserts. I knew Ignus could even do sustained submerged operations, in combination with the air elements of the other Knights, and the remaining Crew and Tech Priests, we could possibly conduct long term guerrilla operations, almost certainly avoid a large scale confrontation. The biggest ask I could see is the required maintenance and blessings of their machines, but certainly an Inquisitor's crew would have enough people gifted enough with the Omnissiah to perform at least field maintenance to those machines not piloted by their apparent and claimed creator.

Furthermore, the large Golden Statue I knew I could not allow to fall into the hands of people such as these, even if I knew not what it was.

So the plan had to be straff out until we build enough resources and influence on this planet to create a secret hold. From there following up on any other possible rips would be possible, and general knowledge of the world could be gathered in time with agents or crew sent out to gather intelligence. If this planet doesnt have a particularly nationalistic and unified government and populace, we could possibly even carve out and found a state to the Omnissiah and establish an Inquisitorial stronghold in this new dimension in time.

The bigger question was now how to respond. I doubt we had enough time between now and when they would have split us up to have a plan to mass uprise and take over the ship if I accepted evacuation, even assuming our crew could interface with their ship at all to effectively pilot it. Also assuming we would outnumber their own crew, and that they could get out a distress call before we silenced their communications.

The solution was simple. Reject the offer, ask for supplies and directions instead, tend to our wounded ourselves. Use my psychic scrying info to target the one call "Asaga". The one that had claimed to recognize the terms I used. If she happened to be from the same, or parallel Imperium, the fear of the Inquisition and questioning that which you ought not to know was best targeted at her.

"An evacuation will not be entirely necessary, we can tend to our own wounded well enough and we do not fall under your jurisdiction in that matter. Water, food and directions to an outpost would be more appreciated if you are willing to part with them."

With that said, I pointedly turned Ignus in the direction of the one called Asaga. Then, I spoke.
In Vox
In War horn
and in Soul to all so that they could never forget or assume only a trick of the mind, even if I spoke in truth to one in reality

I stretched my will so I knew I was heard by all, Knights, crew, and the ship above. I thought it would hurt more, but it didn't. It ... It felt like a stretch that wouldnt end, then a tension as if that of flexing as I spoke to all.

"If what I say is familiar to you, then you should know some things are not meant to be known. That is what I am here for as a member of the Holy Ordos of the God Emperor's Inquisition. If you know that, then you know my next words to be true: use your vessel to obliterate what few remnants of our Vessel that is left. Then forget this happened. "

I let the tension go, and my mind snapped back to only myself and the purple haired one. Should Hostilities ignite, she would be a good show of force.
I was exerting myself psychically, but not yet to exhaustion on the scale of affecting only a few people. The Systems of Ignus drew far more power than that required of more basic Psykana.

That memory drew my eye to the one thing hanging in the cockpit of Ignus: the only thing ever to dare desecrate the sacred cockpit and interface of Ignus.
What I once knew as my trump card when confronted with Imperial Forces after a mission. There hung my Lord Inquisitor's rosette: entrusted to me as a badge of faith to show me as an Interrogator. Or more likely, to make sure Ignus got back to him.

It would serve as truth should "Asaga" truthfully knew of which I spoke, but with my demonstration, I think I at least drew their consideration to my suggestion.

Mazin Kiryu

Notorious
The beam shots splashed against the Gettersaur's shoulder and torso in fountains of pinkish sparks as it was busy shooting projectiles from what looked like a metallic porcupine attached to its left arm at the burning hangar, drawing its attention but little else owing to the superior armor protection so common to the creations of the Dinosaurs. Leaving the Mazinger for now, the Gettersaur opens up with both of its arm-mounted weapons, firing a wild fusillade of particle blasts and armor-piercing darts at both Gundams as it began to make a swift advance towards the two. While the RX-78 was built to resist energy weapons fire, the darts were going to be a problem, especially considering just what was firing them and the fact that they seemed to be tracking the prototype's movements. And as for the Wing Freedom, those particle blasts won't give any damns about Phase-Shift armor should they hit.

However, before the Gettersaur enter close combat with either Gundam; the Great Mazinger enters the field of battle in the nick of time, with the Great Boomerang managing to tag the Gettersaur on its blind spot, staggering the beast after the giant superheated blade had smashed against its flank with a shower of sparks; but not nearly enough to allow the Atomic Punch to land a clean hit as it dived to the ground to avoid taking the blow. Unfortunately for the humans, the dino didn't stay down for long as it used its jets to rocket across the tarmac and the runway before ascending to the skies, coming to a stop once it matched the Great's altitude.

Despite its extremely high-tempo and aggressive opening, the thing seemed to have gotten cold feet at the prospect of a 1v4 and looked like it was about to turn tail and run. But then the group's radar would pick up another unknown contact from high altitude, this one much less stealthy than the Gettersaurus and was practically telling them where it was by using radar lock against them, causing their cockpits' radar spike warning to come to life with a droning series of beeps or whatever else auditory cue their avionics used.

And then without warning, another bright flash came from the West. If Kane, the one most likely to take notice of the flash, were to look at the direction where it came from, he'd only have a split second to react before a very, very fast and very dense projectile would crash headlong into the Great's torso.
Before Kane could launch an assault, as his radar went crazy, new enemy unit here!? And above them, as Kane would look up and notice a sudden flash.

Kane would then notice what was coming in before he quickly move Great Mazinger to the left quickly and try dodging the incoming projectile.

For once Kane felt.. afraid that there possibly a bigger threat now.

sir_fire

Distinguished
Before Kane could launch an assault, as his radar went crazy, new enemy unit here!? And above them, as Kane would look up and notice a sudden flash.

Kane would then notice what was coming in before he quickly move Great Mazinger to the left quickly and try dodging the incoming projectile.

For once Kane felt.. afraid that there possibly a bigger threat now.
The hypersonic projectile grazes against the Great's Super Alloy New Z-plated torso and to Kane's horror, left a half-molted graze that glowed harshly against the night sky and then the sonic boom from the projectile came soon after, nothing the Great should worry about, but the deafening boom and the dodge attempt gave the Gettersaur the opening needed to zoom towards the airborne super robo while the others were distracted by the sniper attack, crossing nearly a kilometer in the blink of an eye in order to tackle the Great and then trying to send it crashing into a nearby mountainside scrander-first.

Meanwhile, the second contact descends to make itself known: A mech-sized cybernetic pteranodon and from its nearly-vertical supersonic dive, unleashes a bombing run of pulse laser blasts, plasma bomblets, and shots from a back-mounted railgun at not only the paired Gundams and the still-grounded Mazinger, but also towards the base facilities and towards the adjacent town of Graz, causing the flames and devastation to spread to the civilian population, showing the utter callousness and brutality of the saurian foe.

sir_fire

Distinguished
For the first time, I almost regretted my deep psychic link to Ignus.
It was times like these that the willpower of a Scion or a Princeps was needed most: Ignorant idiots insulting an Avatar of the Machine God

As soon as the words "Beetle-like" were said, Ignus's full attention was brought right back. I had to flip the physical weapons off switch on my throne. Twice.

Hearing another Human call a Human an Eldar slang was a new one. It just made Ignus even worse, but now I had him under control. With his dramatics passed, I flipped the weapons on switch back as a line that guaranteed I couldn't trust a single one of them while they still drawled breath was uttered.

"Understandable. Hopefully, they value their lives more than whatever they may believe in.""

Disgusting.

But now the Scryed responded.

Evacuation may mean they split up the remnants of the crew, Imperial Citizens and Agents of the Ordos all, to currently unknown fates.

Unacceptable.

Planetary Government most likely wouldn't like that, but considering their lack of psychic wards and defenses to their vanguard and scout military units, running against them should be fairly simple in any terrain that wasn't vast open flat deserts. I knew Ignus could even do sustained submerged operations, in combination with the air elements of the other Knights, and the remaining Crew and Tech Priests, we could possibly conduct long term guerrilla operations, almost certainly avoid a large scale confrontation. The biggest ask I could see is the required maintenance and blessings of their machines, but certainly an Inquisitor's crew would have enough people gifted enough with the Omnissiah to perform at least field maintenance to those machines not piloted by their apparent and claimed creator.

Furthermore, the large Golden Statue I knew I could not allow to fall into the hands of people such as these, even if I knew not what it was.

So the plan had to be straff out until we build enough resources and influence on this planet to create a secret hold. From there following up on any other possible rips would be possible, and general knowledge of the world could be gathered in time with agents or crew sent out to gather intelligence. If this planet doesnt have a particularly nationalistic and unified government and populace, we could possibly even carve out and found a state to the Omnissiah and establish an Inquisitorial stronghold in this new dimension in time.

The bigger question was now how to respond. I doubt we had enough time between now and when they would have split us up to have a plan to mass uprise and take over the ship if I accepted evacuation, even assuming our crew could interface with their ship at all to effectively pilot it. Also assuming we would outnumber their own crew, and that they could get out a distress call before we silenced their communications.

The solution was simple. Reject the offer, ask for supplies and directions instead, tend to our wounded ourselves. Use my psychic scrying info to target the one call "Asaga". The one that had claimed to recognize the terms I used. If she happened to be from the same, or parallel Imperium, the fear of the Inquisition and questioning that which you ought not to know was best targeted at her.

"An evacuation will not be entirely necessary, we can tend to our own wounded well enough and we do not fall under your jurisdiction in that matter. Water, food and directions to an outpost would be more appreciated if you are willing to part with them."

With that said, I pointedly turned Ignus in the direction of the one called Asaga. Then, I spoke.
In Vox
In War horn
and in Soul to all so that they could never forget or assume only a trick of the mind, even if I spoke in truth to one in reality

I stretched my will so I knew I was heard by all, Knights, crew, and the ship above. I thought it would hurt more, but it didn't. It ... It felt like a stretch that wouldnt end, then a tension as if that of flexing as I spoke to all.

"If what I say is familiar to you, then you should know some things are not meant to be known. That is what I am here for as a member of the Holy Ordos of the God Emperor's Inquisition. If you know that, then you know my next words to be true: use your vessel to obliterate what few remnants of our Vessel that is left. Then forget this happened. "

I let the tension go, and my mind snapped back to only myself and the purple haired one. Should Hostilities ignite, she would be a good show of force.
I was exerting myself psychically, but not yet to exhaustion on the scale of affecting only a few people. The Systems of Ignus drew far more power than that required of more basic Psykana.

That memory drew my eye to the one thing hanging in the cockpit of Ignus: the only thing ever to dare desecrate the sacred cockpit and interface of Ignus.
What I once knew as my trump card when confronted with Imperial Forces after a mission. There hung my Lord Inquisitor's rosette: entrusted to me as a badge of faith to show me as an Interrogator. Or more likely, to make sure Ignus got back to him.

It would serve as truth should "Asaga" truthfully knew of which I spoke, but with my demonstration, I think I at least drew their consideration to my suggestion.
"Chigara" disagrees with what Valrin had to say about letting him and the rest of the survivors be.

"I don't think that would be possible. I mean, letting four heavily armed mechs that answer to nobody roaming free in sovereign lands? And furthermore, you're in the Empty Quarter, Cera's biggest desert; with the closest town nearly 300 kilometers away. I don't think you'll like the odds, even if we somehow gave you what provisions we can spare."

After Valrin made his statement over his Knight's war horns, there was a spike of tension and alarm in the mind of the green mech's pilot. And the Questor would immediately know why.

"By the prismatic peaks, he's a psion!"

Psion? A local term for the warp-touched it seems. And then there it was: The distinctive feeling of being pushed away by a mind shutting itself off from the outside. For him to be aware of what was before him and knowing exactly what to do in this sort of event? It seems that this is hardly his first time encountering psychics.

"Psion? Y-You don't mean-"

"Yes, Chigara. A mind-reader. Close your mind, think of useless things and trivia."

"W-What about me?! I don't want to give away my deepest, darkest thoughts and secrets to a stranger!"

"You're good Asaga. Just stay as you are."

"Wait, what do you mean stay as I am?!"

Chigara's mind followed suit after Vicious, shunting away the Questor's probing. But Asaga's mind remained as it was, though with her... Personality and mindset, the contents of her thoughts are rather useless to Valrin. Blessed is the mind too small for doubt indeed.

"Regardless, he may well be right about the ship. I know not of his so-called Inquisition of the God-Emperor, but the way he speaks of the ship and what I felt, even from what little remains... I believe it and its crew was infested with a cognitive plague, a disease of the mind. Little wonder why its reactor went critical."

Asaga expresses confusion at the very concept and parrots what the older pilot said.

"Mind disease?"

"Think of it as a virus Asaga, except that you catch it by perceiving it with your conscious mind. Simply going mad from it is the best-case scenario."

"You mean like a cursed video that kills those who watch it in 7 days?"

"That... That is a close approximation, yes."

"Right, I'll tell Ava and the Cap'n to blow every part of the ship into atoms if you think it's that bad."

"I think I should be the one to tell. Better for Captain shields to hear it straight from my mouth."

Temporarily leaving Asaga and Chigara to their own devices, and hoping they would hold keep on holding into his instructions well enough to keep their minds warded, Vicious opens up a new closed communications channels back into the ship.

"Captain, do you copy?"

The male captain's younger sounding voice responds from the other end. "Loud and clear. What's the situation?"

"One of their pilots is making a request. He wishes for the remains of the ship to be destroyed. And to be made sure that not a single trace of it remains."

The captain was initially appalled, and a little bit suspicious of this information. Perhaps those survivors had something to hide? Some shady piece of information that they did not want coming to light? or maybe to deny anyone the secrets of whatever technology and science they utilized? He couldn't do that. The man of silvery hair swallows dry, his lips part as he leans to the microphone with a subtle breath drawn as if ready to speak, but then-

"It's not worth it, captain," Vicious spoke once more at the last moment. Almost as if he already knew what the captain was going to say. "I have reason to classify the wreckage as a potent and infectious cognitive hazard. If we go any closer, we might be susceptible to the anomaly's effects. If we just leave it here, there is no telling how and when it will spread and endanger the citizens of Cera."

Meanwhile, Asaga and Chigara's machines stood ramrod straight; their optics boring holes in the outworlder mechs with their combined gaze. The tension having abruptly grown at the brazen statements made by the Mechanicum Questor. But then one of them speaks over an open line to the other pilots, the energetic and childish voice clearly not Chigara's.

"So, what are you guys in for?"

Despite it being physically impossible to hear, the outworlder pilots could've sworn they the sound of one hand clapping... Clapping against a forehead that is.

Ironboi13

The Wing Freedom moved to evade...But the sheer rate of fire was a dangerous one...

The other Gundam probably wasn't as durable as his...David had to act quickly!

As he moved, the Wing Freedom shifted, and several more guns began to fold out of the wings and side skirts! David quickly fired vulcan pods in the Wing Freedom's head to shoot down the darts, and fired a MASSIVE barrage of beam and ballistic weapons upon both the darts and particle cannon fire!

To further supplement the attack, the Wing Freedom fired a wide-angle shot from its Buster Rifle, creating a large, destructive beam that could damage ships and evaporate small groups of Mobile Suits...A rapid-fire particle cannon was no different!

This thing...It was more organic...Some freakish biotech, possibly. It was definitely NOT something David had seen before...The strange atmosphere, the unknown base, everyone referring to him with slang he'd never heard of, and now a...Dinosaur?

The more the questions, the less the answers.

Upon intercepting most of the assault, David's attention turned to the flying combatant...Today was getting very, very out of hand.

"Nnnngh...! Gundam pilot, move!" David did the same, and turned the Full Burst barrage on the Pteranodon, this time, instead of a wide beam from the Buster Rifle to supplement the attack, David went in for a maximum output blast, enough to rival the power of a warship battery! Not only was he cancelling out the dino's attack, but to outright bring it down as well!

He kept moving, away from the bombing run...He had to get higher, and change to Bird Mode, collateral damage was too severe, David needed a fast solution to drawing the enemy away from the base!

Last edited:

Mazin Kiryu

Notorious
The hypersonic projectile grazes against the Great's Super Alloy New Z-plated torso and to Kane's horror, left a half-molted graze that glowed harshly against the night sky and then the sonic boom from the projectile came soon after, nothing the Great should worry about, but the deafening boom and the dodge attempt gave the Gettersaur the opening needed to zoom towards the airborne super robo while the others were distracted by the sniper attack, crossing nearly a kilometer in the blink of an eye in order to tackle the Great and then trying to send it crashing into a nearby mountainside scrander-first.

Meanwhile, the second contact descends to make itself known: A mech-sized cybernetic pteranodon and from its nearly-vertical supersonic dive, unleashes a bombing run of pulse laser blasts, plasma bomblets, and shots from a back-mounted railgun at not only the paired Gundams and the still-grounded Mazinger, but also towards the base facilities and towards the adjacent town of Graz, causing the flames and devastation to spread to the civilian population, showing the utter callousness and brutality of the saurian foe.
Kane would focus on the new threat, but before he could speak, Great would be tackle, as he let out a massive “Oof!”

As Great Stare down seeing the Getter as he wasn’t going to go down without a fight as he then scream out!

“Knee impulse KICK!”

As A spike came out of Great Mazinger left knee and he try jamming the spike into the Machine chest, before crashing into the mountain, causing sudden movement as Kane was temporarily stun.

sir_fire

Distinguished
Kane would focus on the new threat, but before he could speak, Great would be tackle, as he let out a massive “Oof!”

As Great Stare down seeing the Getter as he wasn’t going to go down without a fight as he then scream out!

“Knee impulse KICK!”

As A spike came out of Great Mazinger left knee and he try jamming the spike into the Machine chest, before crashing into the mountain, causing sudden movement as Kane was temporarily stun.
After the dust settled from the titanic impact of the two super-robots. The Gettersaur was the first to rise to its feet, sporting a gash upon its chestplate from the Great Mazinger's spike-tipped knee, doing minor damage but failing to penetrate the multi-tiered armor plate. Seizing the initiative, the mecha-beast plants its feet on the Great's arms, restraining it as it leans down, where Kane would be greeted with the sight of its mouth grill retracting open before a tongue of white-hot plasma projects from it.

The thing had a plasma torch in its throat, and it was going to use it against Great's biggest weak spot: The cockpit!

"Nnnngh...! Gundam pilot, move!" David did the same, and turned the Full Burst barrage on the Pteranodon, this time, instead of a wide beam from the Buster Rifle to supplement the attack, David went in for a maximum output blast, enough to rival the power of a warship battery! Not only was he cancelling out the dino's attack, but to outright bring it down as well!

He kept moving, away from the bombing run...He had to get higher, and change to Bird Mode, collateral damage was too severe, David needed a fast solution to drawing the enemy away from the base!
The mechanical monster was just able to jink out of the way of the Wing Freedom's buster rifle blast with a barrel roll, where the edges of its left-wing glowed with angry red embers, having been singed by the energy blast. Even after it had bled speed and lift from the evasive maneuver, it still somehow managed to stop itself from slamming into the earth at supersonic speed, whereupon it proceeded to use the energy from its dive into a zoom climb, apparently seeking to drop out of sight for yet another swoop attack... Only to throw David off guard as it performed a loop-de-loop and locked onto the Wing Freedom, holding its fire for a moment in order to deliver an expertly-aimed shot from its back-mounted railgun... Straight towards its buster rifle! These things, they know about Phase-Shift Armor and its limitations!

TrickOLF

Whoa, shit-gah! This thing was a helluva more lithe than I thought! Thing just grabbed me and threw me into the hangar!

AND IT WAS A HANGAR THAT EXPLODED!

Shit, what the hell is-

Aw, dammit, an attack incoming, no time to waste.

Rolling onto my side so that the mouth was facing on the ground, I began pulling in....

"Rust Hurricaaaaane!"

I did it for the sheer reason of improvisation: projectiles were about to hit the cockpit, so I used the hard propulsion of the Hurricane's winds to propel me back up to shape. Faster than getting up normally, but quite impractical, so I stumbled a bit.

Still, I avoided those projectiles...dammit...what's going on-

“Knee impulse KICK!”

After the dust settled from the titanic impact of the two super-robots. The Gettersaur was the first to rise to its feet, sporting a gash upon its chestplate from the Great Mazinger's spike-tipped knee, doing minor damage but failing to penetrate the multi-tiered armor plate. Seizing the initiative, the mecha-beast plants its feet on the Great's arms, restraining it as it leans down, where Kane would be greeted with the sight of its mouth grill retracting open before a tongue of white-hot plasma projects from it.

The thing had a plasma torch in its throat, and it was going to use it against Great's biggest weak spot: The cockpit!

Shit, Kane's taking on the Getter Dino alone, and he's about to get fried!

I immediately made a mad dash, before grabbing Great by the back, and pushing down hard, propelling me into the air, and pushing Great out of the way of that fire he was going to get hit on.

While in the air, I decided that while it it was finishing the firing, I fell in with a flying:

"MAZIN KICK!"

SIDE KICK TO THE HEAD!

Then I went back quickly to Great via classic backhops, getting him back up.

"Sorry for the impulse decision...you okay?" I asked.

sir_fire

Distinguished
Whoa, shit-gah! This thing was a helluva more lithe than I thought! Thing just grabbed me and threw me into the hangar!

AND IT WAS A HANGAR THAT EXPLODED!

Shit, what the hell is-

Aw, dammit, an attack incoming, no time to waste.

Rolling onto my side so that the mouth was facing on the ground, I began pulling in....

"Rust Hurricaaaaane!"

I did it for the sheer reason of improvisation: projectiles were about to hit the cockpit, so I used the hard propulsion of the Hurricane's winds to propel me back up to shape. Faster than getting up normally, but quite impractical, so I stumbled a bit.

Still, I avoided those projectiles...dammit...what's going on-

Shit, Kane's taking on the Getter Dino alone, and he's about to get fried!

I immediately made a mad dash, before grabbing Great by the back, and pushing down hard, propelling me into the air, and pushing Great out of the way of that fire he was going to get hit on.

While in the air, I decided that while it it was finishing the firing, I fell in with a flying:

"MAZIN KICK!"

SIDE KICK TO THE HEAD!

Then I went back quickly to Great via classic backhops, getting him back up.

"Sorry for the impulse decision...you okay?" I asked.
This time, the Gettersaur wasn't able to counter Tyzell's attack and it was sent flying by the kick to its head, rolling and tumbling across the Alpine fields for several hundred meters before stabilizing itself with its jets and coming to a stop with a very cliched pose. A closer look at the thing's mug reveals that Tyzell had broken its mouthgrill, if the sparks and its now-lopsided arrangement were any indication and thus disabling its plasma breath. But the damage didn't seem to bother the mechanical doppelganger all that much, quickly rising to its feet; the Gettersaur enters a combat stance and looked like it wasn't going to shirk away from taking on both super robots at the same time.

And then the radar warning alert on both Mazingers began to drone incessantly, the source being the Gettersaur right before them. Wait... The thing won't need radar lock to engage them at this range. Unless...

This time, I won't miss...

Cavaliere

Notorious

In Vox
In War horn

William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>
At Valrin's declaration, the Null's head spun rapidly to face the Knight, the pilot inside too surprised to let go of the control in time to reign in the instinctual reaction.
Liam couldn't understand why he was refusing any help: they just discovered that they were now stranded on another planet, not Earth or some equivalent to it, but an alien world; the ship that could have been a source of both supplies and shelter had to be destroyed because actual demons now roamed the interiors, something that he was still trying to process the implication off.

Was he that secretive? Was that a cult thing?

And what was that all about with the voice that was not a voice broadcasted directly in Liam's mind?

"Knight Errand Valrin Haldentum, please stop..."

Liam's voice wavered, feeling unwell after dealing with both the voices of the demons and the knight's weird communication. It feels uncomfortably similar, as if those things were tied to whatever Valrin did. He had to ask about it later.

"Valrin, I don't think that what you are doing makes... any sense?" the scientist began, his voice weak in the radio with long pauses in the middle of the sentence, as if he was gathering his thoughts and courage.

"They offered help, and we are technically invading... and marooned... and without anything that could help us out of this. We have our Mobile Suits, yes, but even they have limits. What would happen if your Ignus needs more fuel? Or the people around us need something?"
"Chigara" disagrees with what Valrin had to say about letting him and the rest of the survivors be.

"I don't think that would be possible. I mean, letting four heavily armed mechs that answer to nobody roaming free in sovereign lands? And furthermore, you're in the Empty Quarter, Cera's biggest desert; with the closest town nearly 300 kilometers away. I don't think you'll like the odds, even if we somehow gave you what provisions we can spare."

After Valrin made his statement over his Knight's war horns, there was a spike of tension and alarm in the mind of the green mech's pilot. And the Questor would immediately know why.

"By the prismatic peaks, he's a psion!"

Psion? A local term for the warp-touched it seems. And then there it was: The distinctive feeling of being pushed away by a mind shutting itself off from the outside. For him to be aware of what was before him and knowing exactly what to do in this sort of event? It seems that this is hardly his first time encountering psychics.

"Psion? Y-You don't mean-"

"Yes, Chigara. A mind-reader. Close your mind, think of useless things and trivia."

"W-What about me?! I don't want to give away my deepest, darkest thoughts and secrets to a stranger!"

"You're good Asaga. Just stay as you are."

"Wait, what do you mean stay as I am?!"

Chigara's mind followed suit after Vicious, shunting away the Questor's probing. But Asaga's mind remained as it was, though with her... Personality and mindset, the contents of her thoughts are rather useless to Valrin. Blessed is the mind too small for doubt indeed.

"Regardless, he may well be right about the ship. I know not of his so-called Inquisition of the God-Emperor, but the way he speaks of the ship and what I felt, even from what little remains... I believe it and its crew was infested with a cognitive plague, a disease of the mind. Little wonder why its reactor went critical."

Asaga expresses confusion at the very concept and parrots what the older pilot said.

"Mind disease?"

"Think of it as a virus Asaga, except that you catch it by perceiving it with your conscious mind. Simply going mad from it is the best-case scenario."

"You mean like a cursed video that kills those who watch it in 7 days?"

"That... That is a close approximation, yes."

"Right, I'll tell Ava and the Cap'n to blow every part of the ship into atoms if you think it's that bad."

"I think I should be the one to tell. Better for Captain shields to hear it straight from my mouth."

Temporarily leaving Asaga and Chigara to their own devices, and hoping they would hold keep on holding into his instructions well enough to keep their minds warded, Vicious opens up a new closed communications channels back into the ship.

"Captain, do you copy?"

The male captain's younger sounding voice responds from the other end. "Loud and clear. What's the situation?"

"One of their pilots is making a request. He wishes for the remains of the ship to be destroyed. And to be made sure that not a single trace of it remains."

The captain was initially appalled, and a little bit suspicious of this information. Perhaps those survivors had something to hide? Some shady piece of information that they did not want coming to light? or maybe to deny anyone the secrets of whatever technology and science they utilized? He couldn't do that. The man of silvery hair swallows dry, his lips part as he leans to the microphone with a subtle breath drawn as if ready to speak, but then-

"It's not worth it, captain," Vicious spoke once more at the last moment. Almost as if he already knew what the captain was going to say. "I have reason to classify the wreckage as a potent and infectious cognitive hazard. If we go any closer, we might be susceptible to the anomaly's effects. If we just leave it here, there is no telling how and when it will spread and endanger the citizens of Cera."

Meanwhile, Asaga and Chigara's machines stood ramrod straight; their optics boring holes in the outworlder mechs with their combined gaze. The tension having abruptly grown at the brazen statements made by the Mechanicum Questor. But then one of them speaks over an open line to the other pilots, the energetic and childish voice clearly not Chigara's.

"So, what are you guys in for?"

Despite it being physically impossible to hear, the outworlder pilots could've sworn they the sound of one hand clapping... Clapping against a forehead that is.
The Ceran Military reacted very aggressively at Valrin and his psychic(?) shout, causing everyone to do something that Liam could only guess would block Valrin from repeating that stunt.
He needed to ask them about the technology, If it was powerful enough maybe...

Unfortunately, his ideas and project were interrupted by the high-pitched voice of what sounded like an excitable kid piloting a powerful weapon. Even if the blue MS looked more like an LLR-type suit due to the sensor radom on the shoulder.

"I... uh... just found myself here. I was studying an exotic gravitational phenomenon while in orbit around one of the colonies and flew too close. Next thing I knew, I was in a desert, with a ship crashlanding near us."

Back