• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Super Robot Wars: Calamitous Dawn

Cavaliere

Notorious
@The Ancient Purple @Sigismund @sippinggp @Cavaliere @Crimson Dragoon

Entering the Enginarium was indeed a tight fit, especially through the empty engine nacelles where the antennae of the other mechs nearly scraped against the "ceiling" and the pitch blackness ahead, seemingly without end like a bottomless pit making sight, even with floodlights and IR vision, unreliable.

But braving the mounting claustrophobia and the inky void wasn't the worst of it, for whoever was brave enough to follow Valrin in his noble task would start to hear whispers and chittering, steadily getting louder and more cacophonic as they went deeper into the heart of the beast. The voices were heard not with their ears, for their machines did not pick up any auditor signatures, but with their brains, the "voices" echoing throughout their very essence. While they babbled nonsense, the mere act of hearing the ghostly whispers felt deeply wrong, a violation of their very souls and what's maddening is that the louder the cacophony got, the more the voices started getting clearer...

"Over here, help!"

"I can give you power!"

"Your soul and your life will be saved!"

"The secrets of the universe will be yours..."

"Hey does my voice make me sound fat?"

"Silence you daemonic curs! I cannot focus! The fools coming for me, they're walking-"

████████████████████████████████

That voice... The one right before the burst of "static" that physically hurt to listen to and threatened to leave a lasting headache; "listening" to it didn't feel like a vicegrip or a haze upon their very souls and brains... Was that Laurentius? As unpleasant as the "static" was, it at least cleared the airwaves so to speak; making the intrepid explorers be able to think in silence again, hinting that whatever created that noise; it was bad enough that the rest of the Warpspawn inside the ship were too scared to reach out while it was up and about...

Regardless, the group had reached their destination: The ship's Enginarium, and fittingly enough; it was huge, the entire place dimly lit with the soft, bluish glow of the main reactor core situated right in the middle and more than big enough for the other members of the group aside from Valrin to comfortably take off and fly around to an extent despite the architecture being largely designed around human-scale use. After preliminary scans were made, several portions of the Enginarium were revealed to be alight with radiation, lethal amounts of it; indicative of major fuel leaks and sadly, Laurentius' silver mote was well within one of them, dimmed considerably since the last Valrin saw of it...

Unknown to the others, however, the Mechanicum Questor would know that this level of radiation was well within the tolerances of the Emperor's Angels of Death, leaving little more than a minor sunburn by their standards, furthermore the electromagnetic interference about the area was nowhere near enough to jam a dedicated vox signal and combined with Laurentius' last thoughts, undoubtedly pointed to him being attacked.

The retaliatory gunfire kicked up a cloud of dust and steam from the now-icy floor, after a few moments to wait for the haze to clear up somewhat, they'd find... Absolutely nothing but a scorched crater where their attacker was. At the very least they gave Laurentius as close to a proper send-off as they could given the situation by disintegrating him. Now for the matter of putting his soul to rest by bringing justice to his killer...

As the icy mist from the spilled coolant rose to form a shroud in the already dark reactor room, tensions rose with it, rising to an extent thick enough to cut with a knife… Just then, an indistinct shape in the darkness darts in and out of the corners of the quintet’s eyes as their radars went haywire, no doubt due to the radiation spike caused by the sudden loss of critical cooling to the nuclear fusion core courtesy of their attacker. Was the demon playing with them? No, it was gauging their reactions, looking for the perfect attack vector...

All of a sudden, Bastilla, Kazuki, and Valren would feel a tingling sensation on the back of their necks... Their foe is moving in to strike! Materializing from the darkness on the group’s blind spot like magic, the group’s demonic adversary throws aside its cloak of shadows as it brandishes its weapons for battle, its shade-coat fluttering behind it like malignant wings. The demon was clad in blackened chainmail, a ragged, flame-scarred tunic in the hue of dried blood, and a horned helmet that covered its entire head save for its glowing eyes. On its hands: A kite shield with a strange, brass and crimson-colored emblem upon its front that literally hurts to look at and a cruciform sword whose blade was encrusted with runes that glowed with the harsh orange tone of a roaring furnace.

The Demon Knight moved with an unnerving silence as it charges towards the nearest and most vulnerable target in reach: Liam's Null, shield raised to protect itself from the snap-shots of the others as it closes in, the demon then attempted to bash the mech in the face to throw it off balance and prevent it from properly reacting to its follow up attack: A rapid series of thrusts to the midsection that to the scientist would be likened to a GINN’s heavy sword trying to knife its way through its armor. While one stab wouldn't be enough, the monster knight delivered them with great haste and frequency.

While the rest of the quintet would be very motivated to rush forward and attack the cowardly beast that struck from the shadows despite wearing the armor of a noble knight, the demon was far from unaware of the rest of its foes even as it furiously attempted to take Liam’s life, as evidenced by the fact that it positioned itself and its victim in such a manner that the scientist’s companions would be hard-pressed hitting it without also damaging the Null in the process if they didn't do so with care.

"Don't look at his shield, and get out of the way"

That was the only warning I gave before I charged towards the Daemon. Liam was not experienced with Melee combat I could tell from just this exchange.
The others were easiler to dodge, even in the cramped space. The Blood of the Omnisaiiah sparked forth from my Claw and illuminated the entire passage as a Light blue, with only the values hints of Lavender to counter the opposing darkness.
William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>
The attack was sudden, appearing in Liam's face with a speed that a giant humanoid couldn't possibly reach with normal means.
Then again, he was fighting a 20-something meters tall knight. Could this be one of the demons that Valrin kept talking about?
It was a definite possibility, but Liam right now was too focused on maneuvering the controls and internally cursing his luck.

'Great Scot, this thing is unrelenting. If it gets more hits, it will certainly pierce the ablative layer...'

The Null was using the Aile striker and leg thrusters to move out the way and the shield to deflect the more direct strikes, head sensors and CPU working on analyzing the problem until finally Liam found the opportunity to ignite the beam bayonet under his rifle and slashed upwards, looking to take the enemy down.

It was not human, right? Valrin said that it was a matter of life and death, that these demons wouldn't hesitate.
However, even knowing this, the attack was still half-hearted, as he didn't immediately capitalize on it, choosing instead to dash backward and fire his gun at the target.

sir_fire

Distinguished
A daemon of Khorne backstabbing us? Well now I had truly seen everything. Proactive Nurgle cults, a Slanneshi cult that posed as a a highly conservative Nunnery, that one time with the Thousands Sons sorcerer being ... uncharacteristically straight forward, and now this.

Ranged shots were too risky to launch, at least the wave of coolant had dissipated under the massed fire and shielding.

So instead I pushed my will into the left hand of Ignus, and into his reactor and legs. Luckly, while in the way of ranged shots, I couldn't hit both with one strike up close. As large as my Claw was it wasnt that large. And could be corrected into the hull last second if he teleported away to try and make me strike Liam. I could also fathom that Liam wouldn't be so stupid as to activate his Jump Jets inside of this corodor, so moving my targeted area for the swing away from where he could feasibly move and to maximize the chance of hitting the Daemon was quite simple.

"Don't look at his shield, and get out of the way"

That was the only warning I gave before I charged towards the Daemon. Liam was not experienced with Melee combat I could tell from just this exchange.
The others were easiler to dodge, even in the cramped space. The Blood of the Omnisaiiah sparked forth from my Claw and illuminated the entire passage as a Light blue, with only the values hints of Lavender to counter the opposing darkness.
Bastilla Char
Creepy 40k Ship

Bastilla was shocked by the incoming coolant tank, and more shocked by the creepy fucking knight, who happened to have a shield of Bullshit™ that gave him a headache to look at. Suddenly, the Cultist was shouting orders, and before his headache had subsided and he had even a chance to react, Mr. Heaven's Gate shot ahead. It was all Bastilla could do to open up his mouth after not only the mental strain it took to try and guard his mind, but getting bumrushed by a Metal Douchebag in a suit of arm.

"What in the- Wait- WHAT!?"

Instinctively he aimed in the direction of the thing, and pulsed the Beam Rifle, a purple beam crackling through the air.
So their enemy was…a giant demonic knight. It was something right out of the distant past, its gigantic mech scale size aside. Of course, this didn’t make it any less dangerous. It immediately snuck up on them and attacked one of their own before they could react. As he was aiming, Daniel saw the symbol on its shield and felt a stabbing pain through his skull. It was a momentary thing, but enough of a distraction. Liam’s Gundam was being assaulted with a series of thrusts. Velrin (or was it Valrin?) charged forward, its melee weapon enhanced by some kind of power source. Probably didn’t want to risk hitting one of their allies.

Daniel, meanwhile, opted for something else. The Aeolus still hovered in the air and, as confining as this place was, there was just enough room to fly in. The prototype army mobile suit darted around, as much as this place would permit anyway, toward the enemy’s rear. The head vulcans spat out a hail of bullets to harass the red-eyed knight while the Knight Scion closed in.
William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>
The attack was sudden, appearing in Liam's face with a speed that a giant humanoid couldn't possibly reach with normal means.
Then again, he was fighting a 20-something meters tall knight. Could this be one of the demons that Valrin kept talking about?
It was a definite possibility, but Liam right now was too focused on maneuvering the controls and internally cursing his luck.

'Great Scot, this thing is unrelenting. If it gets more hits, it will certainly pierce the ablative layer...'

The Null was using the Aile striker and leg thrusters to move out the way and the shield to deflect the more direct strikes, head sensors and CPU working on analyzing the problem until finally Liam found the opportunity to ignite the beam bayonet under his rifle and slashed upwards, looking to take the enemy down.

It was not human, right? Valrin said that it was a matter of life and death, that these demons wouldn't hesitate.
However, even knowing this, the attack was still half-hearted, as he didn't immediately capitalize on it, choosing instead to dash backward and fire his gun at the target.

Reacting with the extreme acuity and decisiveness of a veteran of countless battles, the Demon Knight simultaneously deflects the beam rifle shot with its shield, creating a very bright and rather dangerous shower of mega-particles as the beam splashed against the seemingly wooden construction, almost as if it had been treated with an anti-beam coat and then parries aside the beam bayonet strike from below. Without skipping a beat, it then closes the gap in the blink of an eye no thanks to Liam’s hesitation, his beam shot only grazing it on its shoulder as it runs headlong into the Null with the force of a freight train, threatening to send both tumbling down into the icy floor, but it had other plans than kissing the frost-slicked floor.

Digging its boots into the metal underneath the ice with a keening screech, it somehow manages to keep its balance even after such an impetuous charge, allowing it to shove the Null onto the path of the charging Mechanicum Questor like a wrestler throwing a feeble rival and using the “cover” provided by the Scientist’s Gundam to give it the chance to sidestep its Radioactive claw thrust.

However, the extreme heat and psychic energy Valren focused onto the weapon caused the mail sleeve on its right arm to shine white-hot even from a near-miss, temporarily overpowering the orange glow of its blade, which it then tried to drag across the Knight’s waist joint in a draw cut, failing to hew right through it, but managing to inflict damage that shouldn't be ignored. That wasn't the end of it though and utterly heedless of the fact that the mail on its right arm was by now fused to whatever passed for flesh in a demon, it then dashed straight towards the Gaia Gear and tried to bury its blade into the glass canopy with a lightning-fast lunging thrust.

It was during those short moments of extreme proximity that Valrin would come to realize two things: This Khornate was smart. It favored victory over bloodshed, the anger still was there; but it was a cold, focused wrathfulness, the chill of approaching death rather than the raging inferno of battle that burns in the hearts of the Blood God’s slaves. The other? It was woefully feeble for a Greater Daemon, evidenced by the fact that his Knight was still in one piece and he himself alive even after it executed such a perfect murder-strike; a consequence of the Warp’s malignancy being weak upon this unknown planet and possibly evidence that this particular daemon was somehow disfavored. Yet this doesn’t mean that the Daemon would make for easy quarry, but rather shows that there is a good chance of banishing this monster back to the hell it calls home without the need for anyone to die. Provided that his erstwhile companions are capable of keeping it together that is…

As the Knight was doing all of that against the enemies in front of it, its cloak of shadows fluttering from its back did not sit idly by as it abruptly moved to intercept Daniel; revealing itself to be alive, with the “wings” twisting and morphing together into a vaguely claw-like shape to swipe at the incoming vulcan shells, somehow managing to deflect most of them away from the demon knight, earning Daniel only a few glancing hits on its back, where the armor proved far more functional than what its anachronistic appearance suggested. Immediately afterward, it then shot out towards the Aeolus at high velocity, its amorphous form tapering into a spike; the entire sequence resembling that of an amoeba attacking and enveloping a smaller micro-organism but in a far faster timeframe.

Last edited:

Sigismund

Reacting with the extreme acuity and decisiveness of a veteran of countless battles, the Demon Knight simultaneously deflects the beam rifle shot with its shield, creating a very bright and rather dangerous shower of mega-particles as the beam splashed against the seemingly wooden construction, almost as if it had been treated with an anti-beam coat and then parries aside the beam bayonet strike from below. Without skipping a beat, it then closes the gap in the blink of an eye no thanks to Liam’s hesitation, his beam shot only grazing it on its shoulder as it runs headlong into the Null with the force of a freight train, threatening to send both tumbling down into the icy floor, but it had other plans than kissing the frost-slicked floor.

Digging its boots into the metal underneath the ice with a keening screech, it somehow manages to keep its balance even after such an impetuous charge, allowing it to shove the Null onto the path of the charging Mechanicum Questor like a wrestler throwing a feeble rival and using the “cover” provided by the Scientist’s Gundam to give it the chance to sidestep its Radioactive claw thrust.

However, the extreme heat and psychic energy Valren focused onto the weapon caused the mail sleeve on its right arm to shine white-hot even from a near-miss, temporarily overpowering the orange glow of its blade, which it then tried to drag across the Knight’s waist joint in a draw cut, failing to hew right through it, but managing to inflict damage that shouldn't be ignored. That wasn't the end of it though and utterly heedless of the fact that the mail on its right arm was by now fused to whatever passed for flesh in a demon, it then dashed straight towards the Gaia Gear and tried to bury its blade into the glass canopy with a lightning-fast lunging thrust.

It was during those short moments of extreme proximity that Valrin would come to realize two things: This Khornate was smart. It focused on victory over bloodshed, the anger still was there; but it was a cold, focused wrathfulness, the chill of approaching death rather than the raging inferno of battle that burns in the hearts of the Blood God’s slaves. The other? It was woefully feeble for a Greater Daemon, evidenced by the fact that his Knight was still in one piece and he himself alive even after it executed such a perfect murder-strike; a consequence of the Warp’s malignancy being weak upon this unknown planet and possibly evidence that this particular daemon was somehow disfavored. Yet this doesn’t mean that the Daemon would make for easy quarry, but rather shows that there is a good chance of banishing this monster back to the hell it calls home without the need for anyone to die. Provided that his erstwhile companions are capable of keeping it together that is…

As the Knight was doing all of that against the enemies in front of it, its cloak of shadows fluttering from its back did not sit idly by as it abruptly moved to intercept Daniel; revealing itself to be alive, with the “wings” twisting and morphing together into a vaguely claw-like shape to swipe at the incoming vulcan shells, somehow managing to deflect most of them away from the demon knight, earning Daniel only a few glancing hits on its back, where the armor proved far more functional than what its anachronistic appearance suggested. Immediately afterward, it then shot out towards the Aeolus at high velocity, its amorphous form tapering into a spike; the entire sequence resembling that of an amoeba attacking and enveloping a smaller micro-organism but in a far faster timeframe.
Ignus's automatic repair systems started kicking into over drive to repair the waist joint.
I couldn't move fast enough to try and engage in Melee, not with that damage, and this Daemon was far more intelligent that most followers of Khorne that I had run into.

That would explain the Grey Knight's death, even with this Daemon being weakened. Weak enough that it could be banished if I got a clean full powershot to disrupt its Physical form, however those Wings Daniel discussed would be detrimental in getting a direct hit. I sent a stream of Plasma shots from the Carapace mount to the suddenly spiked shaped form, hoping to at least disrupt it long enough for its target to escape.

Its mobility in this restricted area is what was its biggest advantage. We either had to take this fight back outside, maybe buying time with another Max Power shield, or find a way to restrict its mobility here.

Then it thrusted faster into Char, too close in range to attempt collapsing sections of the hull on top of him. The other section spreading out from his back to attack was an entirely different story, but then it may just be baiting that to section everyone off.

And Thus I fired, the beam arced out, trajectory exactly where I aimed.
Right behind the Daemons foot onto the now super cool Ice and Metal.

Super Cooling Metal, then rapidly reheating it tended to produce interesting, fragmentary grenade like results.

Using Thousands of gallons of Plasma Drive coolant on metal, then hitting it with an amplifies Lightning Canon would produce a scaled up result. That thanks to the Daemon using its Wings to attack, it would absorb the most of the point blank explosion, and should throw off its thrust into Char's cockpit.

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional

It was during those short moments of extreme proximity that Valrin would come to realize two things: This Khornate was smart. It favored victory over bloodshed, the anger still was there; but it was a cold, focused wrathfulness, the chill of approaching death rather than the raging inferno of battle that burns in the hearts of the Blood God’s slaves. The other? It was woefully feeble for a Greater Daemon, evidenced by the fact that his Knight was still in one piece and he himself alive even after it executed such a perfect murder-strike; a consequence of the Warp’s malignancy being weak upon this unknown planet and possibly evidence that this particular daemon was somehow disfavored. Yet this doesn’t mean that the Daemon would make for easy quarry, but rather shows that there is a good chance of banishing this monster back to the hell it calls home without the need for anyone to die. Provided that his erstwhile companions are capable of keeping it together that is…

Its cape being part of its defensive and offensive arsenal was certainly a surprise. It easily batted aside the Aeolus's vulcan rounds, but it's not like Daniel expected them to do much damage to begin with. However, it was still unfortunate that they couldn't even serve as much of a distraction. The shadowy cape morphed into a spike, which speared towards the prototype Federation mobile suit. The Aeolus's form blurred as it dashed towards its left and at the same time as it attempted to evade, blasts of energy streaked by, heading towards that shadowy cloak. The Aeolus got by unscathed, possibly in part due to those shots serving as a distraction.

The Aeolus was on the ground again, and Daniel saw the demonic knight charging right for their newest member of this odd group, attacking with a vicious thrust intended to run through the mech. An exhalation of breath, and any tension was carried along with it. Right now, there was only an odd sense of clarity.

Two shots were fired from the beam rifle, each carefully aimed. One towards the knight's legs, currently exposed as it was trying to stab through one of their allies, and the other towards its forearm, the limb outstretched as it thrusts away with the blade it wielded.

Mazin Kiryu

Notorious
@Garuga @sippinggp @The Ancient Purple

After Orban takes the pair to their room on the front end of the hotel, he hands them a note with a pair of phone numbers on it.

"If you need anything, just call. Use the 1st one, it's my desk number. Second is Col. Steiner's, but since he wouldn't appreciate being interrupted in his duties; only call him when you've got a very urgent matter. Oh and I'll be back for Tyzell's documents by suppertime. Don't worry about getting food for the first few days, they're on the house."

With that Orban leaves the two to their devices. However before they could get settled into their fairly spartan quarters, the two would see from out their window the Rayleonard consultants approaching the Hotel with a burly black man who looks straight out of a crime drama film set following behind them carrying three bags of luggage over a single shoulder with casual ease. Even from a distance, the two Mazinger pilots can clearly tell that the Redhead isn't a big fan of the place, something that Tyrone seems to heckle her over for as they approached.

Just before they entered the hotel proper, meeting up with Lt. Orban along the way, a merc approaches the trio; apparently, the same one who had gotten the taste slapped out of his mouth earlier and once again tried his luck with the fairer sex. Rather than the usual slapstick violence though, something stranger happens: He tried to get fresh with her, to the distaste of Shinkai and to a rather indistinct reaction by the big man. But after one more attempt to woo her and a few more moments, he backed off of his own will and the trio promptly went inside the lobby as if nothing had happened. Kane however could likely tell that the merc's body language was showing subtle signs of fear after interacting with Stella. Women can be really scary it seems...

Far off on the alpine mountainside, atop a cleverly camouflaged observation platform built upon a steep mountain face, an indeterminate figure clad in a ghillie suit crawls towards the ledge, lying prone on their chest. A pair of binoculars crafted with state-of-the-art technology clutched in their hands.

The figure quietly observes the entirety of the Thalerhof airbase from their high altitude vantage point, taking meticulous note of the settlement's layout and especially the new arrivals: The two Mazingers and the mystery box belonging to Rayleonard, which were now being put under lock and key by the base personnel to keep wandering hands and eyes from nearing them before relaying the recent developments to their companions through a headset.

"Wild Hunt actual this is Hugin, situation has changed. Two Einherjar and a Mimic have arrived in the arena. Requesting an alteration of mission parameters and a possible reroute of assets for counter-Einherjar operations."

"This is Wild Hunt. Mission Parameters will remain unchanged save for disarming the Mimic and retrieving the treasure, but your request has been approved. An Arbalester element will be dispatched at your convenience."

"Hugin acknowledges. This is Hugin to all units, mission parameters have changed. Rendezvous at grid point Crucio to rehearse for a revised entrance into the arena."

April 1st, 0010
P.A Thalerhof airbase, outskirts of Styria, Austria
1900 hours
10°C | 50°F Weather: Light Clouds, New Moon.

After the sun had set and night had fallen, someone began to knock on the door to the Mazin brothers' room.

"Tyzell, Kane? It's Lt. Orban. I'm here for the papers and uh well, bring you two over for dinner down at the cafeteria."
Kane would be observing as he got a sudden shudder, he remembers how much his Mother care for him yet could turn 180 to scold both him and his father if we both did something stupid.

“Hopefully we don’t get in any trouble Tyzell” Kane said as he went to take off his pilot suit, and leaving on his skin tight, as he stretches out, crackling a few of his muscle and joints.

“Much better, It feel good taking that off” He said as he then heard Orban as he went to open the door and heard the rest.

“Oh? I been hungry for a while, I’ll happily follow ya to the cafeteria!” He said as he waited for Tyzell for his input.

TrickOLF

@Garuga @sippinggp @The Ancient Purple

After Orban takes the pair to their room on the front end of the hotel, he hands them a note with a pair of phone numbers on it.

"If you need anything, just call. Use the 1st one, it's my desk number. Second is Col. Steiner's, but since he wouldn't appreciate being interrupted in his duties; only call him when you've got a very urgent matter. Oh and I'll be back for Tyzell's documents by suppertime. Don't worry about getting food for the first few days, they're on the house."

With that Orban leaves the two to their devices. However before they could get settled into their fairly spartan quarters, the two would see from out their window the Rayleonard consultants approaching the Hotel with a burly black man who looks straight out of a crime drama film set following behind them carrying three bags of luggage over a single shoulder with casual ease. Even from a distance, the two Mazinger pilots can clearly tell that the Redhead isn't a big fan of the place, something that Tyrone seems to heckle her over for as they approached.

Just before they entered the hotel proper, meeting up with Lt. Orban along the way, a merc approaches the trio; apparently, the same one who had gotten the taste slapped out of his mouth earlier and once again tried his luck with the fairer sex. Rather than the usual slapstick violence though, something stranger happens: He tried to get fresh with her, to the distaste of Shinkai and to a rather indistinct reaction by the big man. But after one more attempt to woo her and a few more moments, he backed off of his own will and the trio promptly went inside the lobby as if nothing had happened. Kane however could likely tell that the merc's body language was showing subtle signs of fear after interacting with Stella. Women can be really scary it seems...

April 1st, 0010
P.A Thalerhof airbase, outskirts of Styria, Austria
1900 hours
10°C | 50°F Weather: Light Clouds, New Moon.

After the sun had set and night had fallen, someone began to knock on the door to the Mazin brothers' room.

"Tyzell, Kane? It's Lt. Orban. I'm here for the papers and uh well, bring you two over for dinner down at the cafeteria."

Kane would be observing as he got a sudden shudder, he remembers how much his Mother care for him yet could turn 180 to scold both him and his father if we both did something stupid.

“Hopefully we don’t get in any trouble Tyzell” Kane said as he went to take off his pilot suit, and leaving on his skin tight, as he stretches out, crackling a few of his muscle and joints.

“Much better, It feel good taking that off” He said as he then heard Orban as he went to open the door and heard the rest.

“Oh? I been hungry for a while, I’ll happily follow ya to the cafeteria!” He said as he waited for Tyzell for his input.

"Oh. Thanks for the deets, man." I said as I took the note and I leaned on over the window.

I noticed a few things, some sus details and a guy totally getting lambasted for trying to interact with the Stella-like person.

"I don't think we'll get in trouble if we just sleep it off, man." I replied to Kane as I went to the bed and slept for a while...

I say "a while" because Lt. Orban would later comeback for not only dinner, but contract signing.

"Sure. I'm hungry after literally what I've woken up to, so let's get some grub." I then said with a shrug as I followed.

sir_fire

Distinguished

"Oh. Thanks for the deets, man." I said as I took the note and I leaned on over the window.

I noticed a few things, some sus details and a guy totally getting lambasted for trying to interact with the Stella-like person.

"I don't think we'll get in trouble if we just sleep it off, man." I replied to Kane as I went to the bed and slept for a while...

I say "a while" because Lt. Orban would later comeback for not only dinner, but contract signing.

"Sure. I'm hungry after literally what I've woken up to, so let's get some grub." I then said with a shrug as I followed.

"Right. If you would follow me."

If they agree to do so, Orban leads the way towards the first floor of the mercenary lodging hotel, to the largest room on the floor: The cafeteria. Besides certain tables with leftover dirty plates and an occasional corner tainted with litter and food stains made even more apparent in contrast to the white coloring of the table, the place was surprisingly tidy and orderly, especially considering the clientele.

The patrons themselves were generally discreet and minding nothing but their own business. As what was seen during the afternoon, any form of uniform was non-existent: Some wore formal suits either to emanate an aura of professionalism or simply due to following their employer's dress code. Others were in much more casual and mismatched attire; sporting cargo pants, tracksuits, and whatnot. But the biggest draws were what appeared to be a clique; with outfits that harkened to the "Greasers" of 1950's America, sporting leather jackets, denim pants, and sunglasses. The similarities end there however as the colors and hairstyles they sported were far more garish and outlandish than mere black leather and slicked hair; with pastel colors like yellow, blue, or pink for both clothes and hairdos, along with pompadours side by side with mohawks, spiked hair, and dreadlocks.

Orban stares at the punks with a judgemental look for some time before ignoring them, as the only thing that was being loud about them was their outfits.

"Let me talk to the cook so he'll know about both of your situations. Oh and go get comfortable in the meantime."

With that Kane and Tyzell are left to their own devices, now where to sit? Alone in their own little plastic island? Or beside some of the mercs?

TrickOLF

If they agree to do so, Orban leads the way towards the first floor of the mercenary lodging hotel, to the largest room on the floor: The cafeteria. Besides certain tables with leftover dirty plates and an occasional corner tainted with litter and food stains made even more apparent in contrast to the white coloring of the table, the place was surprisingly tidy and orderly, especially considering the clientele.

The patrons themselves were generally discreet and minding nothing but their own business. As what was seen during the afternoon, any form of uniform was non-existent: Some wore formal suits either to emanate an aura of professionalism or simply due to following their employer's dress code. Others were in much more casual and mismatched attire; sporting cargo pants, tracksuits, and whatnot. But the biggest draws were what appeared to be a clique; with outfits that harkened to the "Greasers" of 1950's America, sporting leather jackets, denim pants, and sunglasses. The similarities end there however as the colors and hairstyles they sported were far more garish and outlandish than mere black leather and slicked hair; with pastel colors like yellow, blue, or pink for both clothes and hairdos, along with pompadours side by side with mohawks, spiked hair, and dreadlocks.

Orban stares at the punks with a judgemental look for some time before ignoring them, as the only thing that was being loud about them was their outfits.

"Let me talk to the cook so he'll know about both of your situations. Oh and go get comfortable in the meantime."

With that Kane and Tyzell are left to their own devices, now where to sit? Alone in their own little plastic island? Or beside some of the mercs?

So we went to the cafeteria, of which, the result was as expected.

A whole buncha people of different walks of life, and different factions. Great.

As we waited, I turned to Kane.

"Let's try to not attract too much attention. We don't want this to end up into a bar brawl."

Mazin Kiryu

Notorious

A whole buncha people of different walks of life, and different factions. Great.

"Let's try to not attract too much attention. We don't want this to end up into a bar brawl."
Kane would watch Orban leave to tell the chef about our arrival as he nodded and calmly took a seating on one of the tables.

Which Tyzell remark about not getting too much attention as Kane spoke.

“As long they don’t mess with us, I’m sure we will be fine, worst case scenario is that some of these.. Merc? Are more hostile than friendly.”

Kane said as he didn’t really have much to mess with as he just Hum to himself.

Cavaliere

Notorious

William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>
It took Liam a lot of effort to not fall on Valrin's machine, righting the Null with a long pull on the control sticks and a startled cry.
His creation's gyroscopes, not used to work under gravity that wasn't artificial, hissed and groaned alongside the joints, but a short burst of the front thrusters was enough to keep from falling over, but it took a few moments to right himself again.

Liam took that time to gather himself, looking at the situation, only to find the Demon lunging with both his sword and his cape (and what an odd sight it was) towards the Liutennant's machine, killing intent clear as day even for a non-psychic like him.

Liam acted fast, setting the Aile Striker and the integrated thruster to maximum output as he switched the shield for a second Beam rifle, both bayonets ignited. The sensor array shined for a moment before the Null was sent lunging at the demon with all the acceleration that the frame could manage, flattening the scientist in the seat but achieving his objective.
With a sound that just the most generous people would call a battlecry, Liam brought down the riffles aiming at the cape and sword, as disarming an opponent is a smart move even if you know nothing about fighting.

Great Scott, I need to train more....

sir_fire

Distinguished
Ignus's automatic repair systems started kicking into over drive to repair the waist joint.
I couldn't move fast enough to try and engage in Melee, not with that damage, and this Daemon was far more intelligent that most followers of Khorne that I had run into.

That would explain the Grey Knight's death, even with this Daemon being weakened. Weak enough that it could be banished if I got a clean full powershot to disrupt its Physical form, however those Wings Daniel discussed would be detrimental in getting a direct hit. I sent a stream of Plasma shots from the Carapace mount to the suddenly spiked shaped form, hoping to at least disrupt it long enough for its target to escape.

Its mobility in this restricted area is what was its biggest advantage. We either had to take this fight back outside, maybe buying time with another Max Power shield, or find a way to restrict its mobility here.

Then it thrusted faster into Char, too close in range to attempt collapsing sections of the hull on top of him. The other section spreading out from his back to attack was an entirely different story, but then it may just be baiting that to section everyone off.

And Thus I fired, the beam arced out, trajectory exactly where I aimed.
Right behind the Daemons foot onto the now super cool Ice and Metal.

Super Cooling Metal, then rapidly reheating it tended to produce interesting, fragmentary grenade like results.

Using Thousands of gallons of Plasma Drive coolant on metal, then hitting it with an amplifies Lightning Canon would produce a scaled up result. That thanks to the Daemon using its Wings to attack, it would absorb the most of the point blank explosion, and should throw off its thrust into Char's cockpit.
Its cape being part of its defensive and offensive arsenal was certainly a surprise. It easily batted aside the Aeolus's vulcan rounds, but it's not like Daniel expected them to do much damage to begin with. However, it was still unfortunate that they couldn't even serve as much of a distraction. The shadowy cape morphed into a spike, which speared towards the prototype Federation mobile suit. The Aeolus's form blurred as it dashed towards its left and at the same time as it attempted to evade, blasts of energy streaked by, heading towards that shadowy cloak. The Aeolus got by unscathed, possibly in part due to those shots serving as a distraction.

The Aeolus was on the ground again, and Daniel saw the demonic knight charging right for their newest member of this odd group, attacking with a vicious thrust intended to run through the mech. An exhalation of breath, and any tension was carried along with it. Right now, there was only an odd sense of clarity.

Two shots were fired from the beam rifle, each carefully aimed. One towards the knight's legs, currently exposed as it was trying to stab through one of their allies, and the other towards its forearm, the limb outstretched as it thrusts away with the blade it wielded.
William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>
It took Liam a lot of effort to not fall on Valrin's machine, righting the Null with a long pull on the control sticks and a startled cry.
His creation's gyroscopes, not used to work under gravity that wasn't artificial, hissed and groaned alongside the joints, but a short burst of the front thrusters was enough to keep from falling over, but it took a few moments to right himself again.

Liam took that time to gather himself, looking at the situation, only to find the Demon lunging with both his sword and his cape (and what an odd sight it was) towards the Liutennant's machine, killing intent clear as day even for a non-psychic like him.

Liam acted fast, setting the Aile Striker and the integrated thruster to maximum output as he switched the shield for a second Beam rifle, both bayonets ignited. The sensor array shined for a moment before the Null was sent lunging at the demon with all the acceleration that the frame could manage, flattening the scientist in the seat but achieving his objective.
With a sound that just the most generous people would call a battlecry, Liam brought down the riffles aiming at the cape and sword, as disarming an opponent is a smart move even if you know nothing about fighting.

Great Scott, I need to train more....
@The Ancient Purple @sippinggp

The spike-wing gets pieces of its “flesh” shot off by the plasma bolts, causing it to jerk and spasm in pain as it shot forth, allowing the Aeolus to avoid getting skewered. But wounding it caused the appendage to wildly flail about in a directionless rage, sending debris raining all over the place as it slashed and slammed against catwalks and twisted machinery, potentially spoiling his aim with all the wreckage raining down near his position.

Sensing danger coming from Valren, or more accurately his willful intent to harm, the daemon turns its attack on Bastilla into a feint at the last moment by turning its thrust into a diagonal slash and using the momentum from its move to whip around to face the Knight, its tattered wings flailing about to strike at Gaia Gear to keep it from launching a backstab, lashing out with enough force to send the mobile suit stumbling to the ground and then bringing its shield about to face the Mechanicum Questor. Coincidentally allowing it to block one of Daniel's beam rifle shots with its shield while the other ended up skipping across the frost-slicked floor, kicking up a disproportionately large cloud of steam and a small fountain of sparks. A taste of things to come...

Liam attempt to fight the knight in melee was ill-advised; which resulted in a rather humiliating outcome for the scientist as his bayonet was easily parried by the demon sword, and the wing he sought to clip simply warped its shape to create an empty gap for the beam blade to harmlessly pass through before the crest on the Demon's shield began to flash as it cocks its arm back and launches a punch with it, using the edge like a knuckleduster to hit the Null right in the cockpit block, hitting hard enough to crumple the armor like a soda can and send the Gundam sailing backward from the sheer force of its blow... All this, however, caused the Demon to leave itself wide open for Valren's gambit, with the electromagnetic blast from the Mechanicum Knight surging forth and creating a massive explosion at the Knight's feet, launching it into the air before it crashes through several support pillars and heaps of machinery, moments afterward; a horrible groaning is heard throughout the enginarium before an auxiliary capacitor bank gives way and falls on top of the demon, seemingly crushing it.

Nearby where the knight had been standing, its shield lay discarded on the now wet floor. It seemed that the blast was enough to dislodge its grip and deny it of one of its weapons. Better deal with that lest someone trips upon it...

sir_fire

Distinguished

Kane would watch Orban leave to tell the chef about our arrival as he nodded and calmly took a seating on one of the tables.

Which Tyzell remark about not getting too much attention as Kane spoke.

“As long they don’t mess with us, I’m sure we will be fine, worst case scenario is that some of these.. Merc? Are more hostile than friendly.”

Kane said as he didn’t really have much to mess with as he just Hum to himself.
Orban returns to Kane and Tyzell. "I've informed the cook, dinner's on the house. By the way, I recommend the Cabbage Rolls, they're very hearty."

Then he scoots over to Tyzell.

"If you're done with the documents, you can hand them over after supper over at admin on the main base, they'll know what to do. If you'll excuse me..."

The Lt. then leaves the two their devices, heading posthaste to his station at the base proper. Upon heading to the serving area, the food available was very plain all things considered; Aside from the Cabbage Rolls Orban mentioned, it was mostly fried foods, simple salads, beef stew, bread or potatoes, and the soup of the day: Cream of Mushroom along different types of spices and sauces to offer them some additional options to fix the tastes to their liking.

Facing the pair was a rather overweight and bored-looking man. From his expression, it was clear that this was someone on minimum wage.

"So what'll it be?"

Sigismund

The spike-wing gets pieces of its “flesh” shot off by the plasma bolts, causing it to jerk and spasm in pain as it shot forth, allowing the Aeolus to avoid getting skewered. But wounding it caused the appendage to wildly flail about in a directionless rage, sending debris raining all over the place as it slashed and slammed against catwalks and twisted machinery, potentially spoiling his aim with all the wreckage raining down near his position.

Sensing danger coming from Valren, or more accurately his willful intent to harm, the daemon turns its attack on Bastilla into a feint at the last moment by turning its thrust into a diagonal slash and using the momentum from its move to whip around to face the Knight, its tattered wings flailing about to strike at Gaia Gear to keep it from launching a backstab, lashing out with enough force to send the mobile suit stumbling to the ground and then bringing its shield about to face the Mechanicum Questor. Coincidentally allowing it to block one of Daniel's beam rifle shots with its shield while the other ended up skipping across the frost-slicked floor, kicking up a disproportionately large cloud of steam and a small fountain of sparks. A taste of things to come...

Liam attempt to fight the knight in melee was ill-advised; which resulted in a rather humiliating outcome for the scientist as his bayonet was easily parried by the demon sword, and the wing he sought to clip simply warped its shape to create an empty gap for the beam blade to harmlessly pass through before the crest on the Demon's shield began to flash as it cocks its arm back and launches a punch with it, using the edge like a knuckleduster to hit the Null right in the cockpit block, hitting hard enough to crumple the armor like a soda can and send the Gundam sailing backward from the sheer force of its blow... All this, however, caused the Demon to leave itself wide open for Valren's gambit, with the electromagnetic blast from the Mechanicum Knight surging forth and creating a massive explosion at the Knight's feet, launching it into the air before it crashes through several support pillars and heaps of machinery, moments afterward; a horrible groaning is heard throughout the enginarium before an auxiliary capacitor bank gives way and falls on top of the demon, seemingly crushing it.

Nearby where the knight had been standing, its shield lay discarded on the now wet floor. It seemed that the blast was enough to dislodge its grip and deny it of one of its weapons. Better deal with that lest someone trips upon it...
The body may be crushed, but the shield may yet lead a path back. That carved out emblem upon the shield may be the actual rune holding this Deamon in real space.

Ignus re adjusted the Lighthing Canon to aim for the sickening profanity embedded upon the shield, and I forced my will once more into the power systems behind it. The status of the others would be better ascertained once the threat was fully gone.

Unlike before, I didn't just pour a small amount of power into the systems. Instead, I dedicated almost my entire mind and focus into the Blood of the Omnisaiiah, which caused its normally electric blue emissions to once more take upon a sickly royal purple. In contrast to my prior amplified shots, despite its own brightness, the light failed to illuminate the area like other blasts before it. I can't risk it teleporting away, or the Daemon remanifesting, so I had to disturb the inmaterium around it as well. Though if this failed, I would be drained, and Ignus's waist joint still wasn't repaired enough to move at any combat speed yet. I would only have the base Ion shields to hold him off.

When the shot fired, it was not the typical roar that was expected of the massive Canon.

Instead it was merely formless whispers, static only identifiable as binary to those familiar, and my own souls screams that echoed through the Inmaterium. Not disrupting the air to carry its sound, that now laid still and silent despite the prior conflict and still falling pieces of the ruined hull.

Last edited:

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
It looked like Valrin igniting the coolant with a powerful blast worked out for all of them, though some of them weren’t completely unscathed from the experience. Hopefully nothing else comes out of nowhere to attack them, but Daniel doesn’t expect things to go smoothly. He then looked at the shield the knight left behind, and that emblem on it caused a slight pain in his skull at the sight of it.
The body may be crushed, but the shield may yet lead a path back. That carved out emblem upon the shield may be the actual rune holding this Deamon in real space.

Ignus re adjusted the Lighthing Canon to aim for the sickening profanity embedded upon the shield, and I forced my will once more into the power systems behind it. The status of the others would be better ascertained once the threat was fully gone.

Unlike before, I didn't just pour a small amount of power into the systems. Instead, I dedicated almost my entire mind and focus into the Blood of the Omnisaiiah, which caused its normally electric blue emissions to once more take upon a sickly royal purple. In contrast to my prior amplified shots, despite its own brightness, the light failed to illuminate the area like other blasts before it. I can't risk it teleporting away, or the Daemon remanifesting, so I had to disturb the inmaterium around it as well. Though if this failed, I would be drained, and Ignus's waist joint still wasn't repaired enough to move at any combat speed yet. I would only have the base Ion shields to hold him off.

When the shot fired, it was not the typical roar that was expected of the massive Canon.

Instead it was merely formless whispers, static only identifiable as binary to those familiar, and my own souls screams that echoed through the Inmaterium. Not disrupting the air to carry its sound, that now laid still and silent despite the prior conflict and still falling pieces of the ruined hull.
The knight scion then decided to immediately take care of the problem with a surprisingly quiet shot from that cannon. One less thing to worry about then, maybe.

“What was that for? Did destroying that somehow made sure it’d stay down?”

If it was really taken care of, they’d need to help whoever survived this mess as fast as possible. Hopefully there’s enough of the ship’s resources left for them to use.

Mazin Kiryu

Notorious
Orban returns to Kane and Tyzell. "I've informed the cook, dinner's on the house. By the way, I recommend the Cabbage Rolls, they're very hearty."

Then he scoots over to Tyzell.

"If you're done with the documents, you can hand them over after supper over at admin on the main base, they'll know what to do. If you'll excuse me..."

The Lt. then leaves the two their devices, heading posthaste to his station at the base proper. Upon heading to the serving area, the food available was very plain all things considered; Aside from the Cabbage Rolls Orban mentioned, it was mostly fried foods, simple salads, beef stew, bread or potatoes, and the soup of the day: Cream of Mushroom along different types of spices and sauces to offer them some additional options to fix the tastes to their liking.

Facing the pair was a rather overweight and bored-looking man. From his expression, it was clear that this was someone on minimum wage.

"So what'll it be?"
Kane would nod at Orban as he left while the chef came by, Kane just took Orban advice and spoke.

“Give me some cabbage roll and a salad with a apple”

Kane said as he just wanted to eat something that won’t cause his stomach to kill himself.

The Ancient Purple

It looked like Valrin igniting the coolant with a powerful blast worked out for all of them, though some of them weren’t completely unscathed from the experience. Hopefully nothing else comes out of nowhere to attack them, but Daniel doesn’t expect things to go smoothly. He then looked at the shield the knight left behind, and that emblem on it caused a slight pain in his skull at the sight of it.

The knight scion then decided to immediately take care of the problem with a surprisingly quiet shot from that cannon. One less thing to worry about then, maybe.

If it was really taken care of, they’d need to help whoever survived this mess as fast as possible. Hopefully there’s enough of the ship’s resources left for them to use.
Oddly enough, over the course of the battle so far, Kazuki had maintained himself nearly entirely idle. When the hell knight first initiated hostilities against his erstwhile companions, the urge to jump in and directly aid in battle was there. But instead, he chose to resist such an urge and simply observe in the background. It was an enemy he's never dealt with before after all, and as a scout, his primary role was usually to sit back, observe, collect data and conclude the extent and the effects of an enemy's arsenal and battle assets.

It had paid off somewhat, as he now had a clearer picture regarding what he was dealing with, and what all these 'daemons' were about. Perhaps at the cost of his mental well-being, as registered by the fact his head was on fire. On the outside, he appeared perfectly calm and collected with not a single sign of breaking down or inability to perform, but on the inside, the pain of his headache was nearly immeasurable as he had looked at something that clearly was not meant to be seen by mortal eyes or the sane. The pain was so bad that it was making him angry, angry at the stupid knight for attacking them like a coward and its ugly, gross cape that made his skin crawl and caused every logical center of his brain to tell him that such a thing isn't possible, isn't real. The urge to fight, to rectify this mistake against creation and logic was boiling in his blood, to make sure that it was actually dead and buried...

Wait, that wasn't him... He wasn't the type to get this mad over something like this... Once Kazuki regains control of his emotions amidst the splitting headache caused by looking at the shield and the demon knight, he is somberly reminded of Valren's words regarding the warp: Insidious and corrupting.

sir_fire

Distinguished

Oddly enough, over the course of the battle so far, Kazuki had maintained himself nearly entirely idle. When the hell knight first initiated hostilities against his erstwhile companions, the urge to jump in and directly aid in battle was there. But instead, he chose to resist such an urge and simply observe in the background. It was an enemy he's never dealt with before after all, and as a scout, his primary role was usually to sit back, observe, collect data and conclude the extent and the effects of an enemy's arsenal and battle assets.

It had paid off somewhat, as he now had a clearer picture regarding what he was dealing with, and what all these 'daemons' were about. Perhaps at the cost of his mental well-being, as registered by the fact his head was on fire. On the outside, he appeared perfectly calm and collected with not a single sign of breaking down or inability to perform, but on the inside, the pain of his headache was nearly immeasurable as he had looked at something that clearly was not meant to be seen by mortal eyes or the sane. The pain was so bad that it was making him angry, angry at the stupid knight for attacking them like a coward and its ugly, gross cape that made his skin crawl and caused every logical center of his brain to tell him that such a thing isn't possible, isn't real. The urge to fight, to rectify this mistake against creation and logic was boiling in his blood, to make sure that it was actually dead and buried...

Wait, that wasn't him... He wasn't the type to get this mad over something like this... Once Kazuki regains control of his emotions amidst the splitting headache caused by looking at the shield and the demon knight, he is somberly reminded of Valren's words regarding the warp: Insidious and corrupting.
@Cavaliere

The shield shatters into pieces by the warp-charged electromagnetic blast, its remains settling on the frost before abruptly combusting into wisps of blackened flame, burning away into nothingness… The most shocking thing about the entire thing? How little it would’ve shocked those who beheld the sight, as if they instinctively knew the result even if it had been their first time witnessing such a thing, not only that, the sight gave them this inexplicable sense of contentment and release; as if a burden had been lifted from their shoulders.

After the last embers had faded, silence falls once more; the encounter seemingly over… Only for the illusion of finality to be shattered by a whipcrack-like report echoing throughout the enginarium, the sound almost like a thunderbolt and followed by a harsh glare lighting up the area as a streak of orange-red energy screams from the darkness, headed straight towards the Gaia Gear, which had earlier righted itself after being buffeted by the knight’s wings.

Normally, Char’s newtype senses would have forewarned him of the incoming danger and give him the chance to evade the incoming attack, but with interference from residual warp energy and of him barring his own mind to keep the voices out; they had been rendered too dull to alert him up until it was far too late.

“Oh fu-”

Hitting the Man Machine dead square in the chest, the streak; now revealed to be a crossbow bolt made of raging hellfire, had stuck itself to the mech’s chest, holding its shape together through dark magics, the projectile continued to stay impaled to the mech, allowing it to burn and melt through its armor and internal frame as evidenced by the Gaia Gear profusely bleeding rivulets of molten slag.

“Dammit, It got me! None of the reactors were hit at least I-”

Char was unable to finish his sentence as the Gaia Gear suddenly exploded into a blinding flash of atomic flame, its minovsky reactors having violently gone critical due to the hellbolt detonating into a gout of flame moments after it had impaled itself into the man machine. The explosion, while not enough to seriously damage the other members of the again-quartet due to sufficient distance from their late companion, was still powerful enough to clear away the surrounding area of all debris and ice left over from the demon knight’s opening move along with leaving the members of the quartet to deal with the effects of what amounts to a small thermonuclear blast going off inside a tin can while being inside of it.

As the pilots collected themselves in the aftermath, a rapid series of metallic footsteps echo throughout the enginarium. Their attacker evidently moving in to take advantage of the disarray its makeshift grenade caused…

Sigismund

@Cavaliere

The shield shatters into pieces by the warp-charged electromagnetic blast, its remains settling on the frost before abruptly combusting into wisps of blackened flame, burning away into nothingness… The most shocking thing about the entire thing? How little it would’ve shocked those who beheld the sight, as if they instinctively knew the result even if it had been their first time witnessing such a thing, not only that, the sight gave them this inexplicable sense of contentment and release; as if a burden had been lifted from their shoulders.

After the last embers had faded, silence falls once more; the encounter seemingly over… Only for the illusion of finality to be shattered by a whipcrack-like report echoing throughout the enginarium, the sound almost like a thunderbolt and followed by a harsh glare lighting up the area as a streak of orange-red energy screams from the darkness, headed straight towards the Gaia Gear, which had earlier righted itself after being buffeted by the knight’s wings.

Normally, Char’s newtype senses would have forewarned him of the incoming danger and give him the chance to evade the incoming attack, but with interference from residual warp energy and of him barring his own mind to keep the voices out; they had been rendered too dull to alert him up until it was far too late.

“Oh fu-”

Hitting the Man Machine dead square in the chest, the streak; now revealed to be a crossbow bolt made of raging hellfire, had stuck itself to the mech’s chest, holding its shape together through dark magics, the projectile continued to stay impaled to the mech, allowing it to burn and melt through its armor and internal frame as evidenced by the Gaia Gear profusely bleeding rivulets of molten slag.

Char was unable to finish his sentence as the Gaia Gear suddenly exploded into a blinding flash of atomic flame, its minovsky reactors having violently gone critical due to the hellbolt detonating into a gout of flame moments after it had impaled itself into the man machine. The explosion, while not enough to seriously damage the other members of the again-quartet due to sufficient distance from their late companion, was still powerful enough to clear away the surrounding area of all debris and ice left over from the demon knight’s opening move along with leaving the members of the quartet to deal with the effects of what amounts to a small thermonuclear blast going off inside a tin can while being inside of it.

As the pilots collected themselves in the aftermath, a rapid series of metallic footsteps echo throughout the enginarium. Their attacker evidently moving in to take advantage of the disarray its makeshift grenade caused…
Ignus's lighthing Canon still needed to cool down, and my own soul wasn't exactly Jazzed about being used as fuel. Even at Beta level, that drained a lot from me fast.

So instead I used Ignus's scanners. The Fog wouldn't be much impediment to Ignus's Scanners, which even before the Pskana tech upgrade, the scans were powerful enough to go through solid reinforced walls.

The waist joint had finally been repaired enough to move from my blatant obvious position, so Ignus turned the noise to the front and began backpeddling to the others. Better confirm on the scans this was the same Daemon, and not another hidden one.

sir_fire

Distinguished
Ignus's lighthing Canon still needed to cool down, and my own soul wasn't exactly Jazzed about being used as fuel. Even at Beta level, that drained a lot from me fast.

So instead I used Ignus's scanners. The Fog wouldn't be much impediment to Ignus's Scanners, which even before the Pskana tech upgrade, the scans were powerful enough to go through solid reinforced walls.

The waist joint had finally been repaired enough to move from my blatant obvious position, so Ignus turned the noise to the front and began backpeddling to the others. Better confirm on the scans this was the same Daemon, and not another hidden one.
Valren needn’t wait for his Knight’s scans to confirm what his eyes could now clearly see through the haze: The same Daemon that had been attacking them, now seeming to behave in a manner more typical of its ilk: Aggressively charging head-on. The only thing that prevented the sight from being a wholly stereotypical image of a Khornate was that it wasn’t manically waving its weapon over its head.

However the Knight’s third eye would reveal the reason for its apparent retrogression in tactics: It was bleeding warp energy like a game animal that had been shot on the chest, doubtless due to the destruction of its shield and the impression the capacitor bank made upon it. While a wounded beast was indeed a terrible foe to behold, it would mean that his and his erstwhile companions’ victory is all but assured if they manage to outlast the daemon’s onslaught and to keep it from taking any more of them with it.

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
@Cavaliere

“Oh fu-”

After the shield was destroyed, there was an inexplicable feeling of relief and a moment of peaceful silence…which was then shattered by a fiery red-orange streak headed right for the most recent arrival to this group. It pierced through the machine’s chest, a crossbow bolt of sorts set aflame by undoubtedly supernatural means. The machine then detonated, the powerful explosion sending debris flying everywhere. It was hard to not be shook by this surprise attack, but Daniel managed to quickly collect himself and used his mobile suit’s sensors to try to locate the threat, beam rifle readied.
Valren needn’t wait for his Knight’s scans to confirm what his eyes could now clearly see through the haze: The same Daemon that had been attacking them, now seeming to behave in a manner more typical of its ilk: Aggressively charging head-on. The only thing that prevented the sight from being a wholly stereotypical image of a Khornate was that it wasn’t manically waving its weapon over its head.

However the Knight’s third eye would reveal the reason for its apparent retrogression in tactics: It was bleeding warp energy like a game animal that had been shot on the chest, doubtless due to the destruction of its shield and the impression the capacitor bank made upon it. While a wounded beast was indeed a terrible foe to behold, it would mean that his and his erstwhile companions’ victory is all but assured if they manage to outlast the daemon’s onslaught and to keep it from taking any more of them with it.
But through the fog, the foe quickly made itself known, much more aggressive and straightforward than before. A shift in tactics, possibly due to desperation. The Aeolus boosted backward to gain some distance, almost bumping into a wall, and three shots from the beam rifle were rapidly fired, along with a barrage of armor piercing shells from the cannons placed on its clavicle area.

Back