• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Super Robot Wars: Calamitous Dawn

sir_fire

Distinguished
After the shield was destroyed, there was an inexplicable feeling of relief and a moment of peaceful silence…which was then shattered by a fiery red-orange streak headed right for the most recent arrival to this group. It pierced through the machine’s chest, a crossbow bolt of sorts set aflame by undoubtedly supernatural means. The machine then detonated, the powerful explosion sending debris flying everywhere. It was hard to not be shook by this surprise attack, but Daniel managed to quickly collect himself and used his mobile suit’s sensors to try to locate the threat, beam rifle readied.

But through the fog, the foe quickly made itself known, much more aggressive and straightforward than before. A shift in tactics, possibly due to desperation. The Aeolus boosted backward to gain some distance, almost bumping into a wall, and three shots from the beam rifle were rapidly fired, along with a barrage of armor piercing shells from the cannons placed on its clavicle area.
Unburdened by its shield, the demon knight displays far greater agility than before. Darting and jinking side to side to dodge the beam rifle shots and blocking the vulcan shells from hitting its eyes by simply raising its forearm, it then closes the gap with a mighty flap of its wings, rocketing forward in an attempt to run the Aeolus through with a brutal thrust. Should Daniel manage to successfully dodge the murder-strike, he would be rewarded by the Knight ending up with its blade buried hilt-deep into the bulkhead… For only a brief moment as it proceeded to tear it free with startling ease, splattering molten slag at the OMNI enforcer’s direction before it follows up by trying to smite him with the now-flaming sword using a rapid series of furious yet technically flawless slashes and thrusts.

Wielding its burning blade with such paradoxical rage and finesse, it was almost as if the Knight was painting a picture of carnage and death, its sword its brush, the flames its paint, and its foes the canvas.

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
Unburdened by its shield, the demon knight displays far greater agility than before. Darting and jinking side to side to dodge the beam rifle shots and blocking the vulcan shells from hitting its eyes by simply raising its forearm, it then closes the gap with a mighty flap of its wings, rocketing forward in an attempt to run the Aeolus through with a brutal thrust. Should Daniel manage to successfully dodge the murder-strike, he would be rewarded by the Knight ending up with its blade buried hilt-deep into the bulkhead… For only a brief moment as it proceeded to tear it free with startling ease, splattering molten slag at the OMNI enforcer’s direction before it follows up by trying to smite him with the now-flaming sword using a rapid series of furious yet technically flawless slashes and thrusts.

Wielding its burning blade with such paradoxical rage and finesse, it was almost as if the Knight was painting a picture of carnage and death, its sword its brush, the flames its paint, and its foes the canvas.
Daniel's mobile suit swiftly dashed to its right side to avoid getting run through, his preternaturally fast reflexes saving him from sharing the fate of their ally. The Aeolus turned to face their foe, and as Daniel was about to launch a counterattack, the demonic knight quickly tore through the bulkhead with a terrible wailing as the metal was carved through. As the Aeolus bolted away to the side to evade molten slag flung his way, the knight was immediately on him, unleashing a flurry of swings. With a speed that didn't fall short of the frenzied knight's, the Aeolus grabbed the beam saber on its hip, its bright blue blade instantly flaring to life, and swung to meet the knight's cursed blade. Daniel knew the basics of saber combat, and his reflexes pushed him well above average in that regard, but he was on the backfoot here. Every swing and thrust was just barely blocked and parried. It was fast, a speed that could only have been driven by desperation. Yet, oddly enough, there was still skill behind those blows. Nothing can ever come easy here.

The knight managed to find a gap in Daniel's defenses, and the Atlantic Federation pilot just managed to twist his mobile suit out of the way from a thrust that would've pierced through the Aeolus's chest, though the blade still managed to graze its right shoulder, scoring a rather notable gash. For now, it remained functional, but it served as a warning. The phase shift armor wouldn't save it from those cursed flames. Another swing, and it was met with an attempted parry. Daniel gritted his teeth and the Aeolus's wrists rotated, attempting to drive the flaming blade down to the ground, and the saber was swung upward. The bright blue blade became an arc that flashed towards the knight's neck.

sir_fire

Distinguished
Daniel's mobile suit swiftly dashed to its right side to avoid getting run through, his preternaturally fast reflexes saving him from sharing the fate of their ally. The Aeolus turned to face their foe, and as Daniel was about to launch a counterattack, the demonic knight quickly tore through the bulkhead with a terrible wailing as the metal was carved through. As the Aeolus bolted away to the side to evade molten slag flung his way, the knight was immediately on him, unleashing a flurry of swings. With a speed that didn't fall short of the frenzied knight's, the Aeolus grabbed the beam saber on its hip, its bright blue blade instantly flaring to life, and swung to meet the knight's cursed blade. Daniel knew the basics of saber combat, and his reflexes pushed him well above average in that regard, but he was on the backfoot here. Every swing and thrust was just barely blocked and parried. It was fast, a speed that could only have been driven by desperation. Yet, oddly enough, there was still skill behind those blows. Nothing can ever come easy here.

The knight managed to find a gap in Daniel's defenses, and the Atlantic Federation pilot just managed to twist his mobile suit out of the way from a thrust that would've pierced through the Aeolus's chest, though the blade still managed to graze its right shoulder, scoring a rather notable gash. For now, it remained functional, but it served as a warning. The phase shift armor wouldn't save it from those cursed flames. Another swing, and it was met with an attempted parry. Daniel gritted his teeth and the Aeolus's wrists rotated, attempting to drive the flaming blade down to the ground, and the saber was swung upward. The bright blue blade became an arc that flashed towards the knight's neck.

Despite the spirited resistance Daniel gave against the Knight, it didn't get angrier at his refusal to die. Rather it seemed to invigorate the demon, seemingly feeding its hunger and making it fight with even greater determination, almost glad that the OMNI enforcer was actually proving himself in battle.

Its glee abruptly ended when Daniel managed to dodge its thrust and wrench its blade towards the ground, leaving it unable to do anything but stare in disbelief as the Aeolus' cerulean blade swung for its neck and head. Without hesitation, it throws its entire body weight backward in a controlled fall, avoiding getting its throat slashed open, but allowing the beam blade to instead score a large gash across its horned helmet and cauterizing one of its eyes shut, earning Daniel the first vocalization the demon made ever since they encountered it: An inhuman and bestial hiss of pain, likened to that of an attacking alligator.

Unfortunately for the enforcer, rather than being greeted with a golden opportunity to strike the Knight down while it was lying defenseless on the floor, its wings instead caught its fall, acting as a second pair of legs, ones more than stable enough for the knight to put in a significant amount of force towards a kangaroo kick in an attempt to knock the Aeolus away before swiftly righting itself back on its feet.

Last edited:

TrickOLF

Kane would watch Orban leave to tell the chef about our arrival as he nodded and calmly took a seating on one of the tables.

Which Tyzell remark about not getting too much attention as Kane spoke.

“As long they don’t mess with us, I’m sure we will be fine, worst case scenario is that some of these.. Merc? Are more hostile than friendly.”

Kane said as he didn’t really have much to mess with as he just Hum to himself.
Orban returns to Kane and Tyzell. "I've informed the cook, dinner's on the house. By the way, I recommend the Cabbage Rolls, they're very hearty."

Then he scoots over to Tyzell.

"If you're done with the documents, you can hand them over after supper over at admin on the main base, they'll know what to do. If you'll excuse me..."

The Lt. then leaves the two their devices, heading posthaste to his station at the base proper. Upon heading to the serving area, the food available was very plain all things considered; Aside from the Cabbage Rolls Orban mentioned, it was mostly fried foods, simple salads, beef stew, bread or potatoes, and the soup of the day: Cream of Mushroom along different types of spices and sauces to offer them some additional options to fix the tastes to their liking.

Facing the pair was a rather overweight and bored-looking man. From his expression, it was clear that this was someone on minimum wage.

"So what'll it be?"
Kane would nod at Orban as he left while the chef came by, Kane just took Orban advice and spoke.

“Give me some cabbage roll and a salad with a apple”

Kane said as he just wanted to eat something that won’t cause his stomach to kill himself.
I got to work on my documents, finishing them after looking them over twice like a hawk.

After that, I went on over to get my meal, and WHOO, look at the menu~!

I personally didn't care for the cabbage rolls, I'm no veggie guy.

"I want a beef stew, your soup of the day, with some added meat on there, pork if you got any! Plus some potatoes!"

All protein baby, all protein~!

sir_fire

Distinguished
I got to work on my documents, finishing them after looking them over twice like a hawk.

After that, I went on over to get my meal, and WHOO, look at the menu~!

I personally didn't care for the cabbage rolls, I'm no veggie guy.

"I want a beef stew, your soup of the day, with some added meat on there, pork if you got any! Plus some potatoes!"

All protein baby, all protein~!
Kane would nod at Orban as he left while the chef came by, Kane just took Orban advice and spoke.

“Give me some cabbage roll and a salad with a apple”

Kane said as he just wanted to eat something that won’t cause his stomach to kill himself.
The fat man serves the pair their orders along with generously providing them with their condiments on the side. Upon closer examination at their food... The very image of blandness. Not bad, but not great either, and something that Tyzell would most likely compare to carinderia helpings except with Western European ingredients.

"No need to pay. At least for the first week or so."

Not long after the pair settles back to their seats to enjoy their supper, off the corner of their eyes, they can see a figure approaching absent-mindedly. The burly bald black man dressed in a business suit slowly shuffled closer to them all while wearing a carefree smile. His attention was on the screen of the cellphone connected to the earphones plugged into his ear sockets. His moves were wobbly, cheerful, feet-tapping, and headbanging as he seemed to be dancing at random in accordance to a song. The volume was such that at his approach, they could hear residues of the music leaking out of the privacy of the phones. A country-like guitar rhythm with a jaunty beat, though some of the muffled lyrics they can hear seems a bit discordant with the tune.

Funny how it seems like yesterday As I recall, you were lookin' out of place

Gathered up your things and slipped away No time at all, I followed you into the hall

Cigarette daydream

You were only seventeen Soft speak with a mean streak, Nearly brought me to my knees

Big man Tyrone steps closer into a vacant seat across from Tyzell and Kane, claiming it without bothering to ask for permission. It was only then that his eyes rolled off his electronic screen into the Mazinger pilots, initially hitting a button on the phone to pause and then greeting them with a winning smile, flashing his pearly whites at them with unrestrained joy and openness.

"What's up?"

Mazin Kiryu

Notorious
The fat man serves the pair their orders along with generously providing them with their condiments on the side. Upon closer examination at their food... The very image of blandness. Not bad, but not great either, and something that Tyzell would most likely compare to carinderia helpings except with Western European ingredients.

Not long after the pair settles back to their seats to enjoy their supper, off the corner of their eyes, they can see a figure approaching absent-mindedly. The burly bald black man dressed in a business suit slowly shuffled closer to them all while wearing a carefree smile. His attention was on the screen of the cellphone connected to the earphones plugged into his ear sockets. His moves were wobbly, cheerful, feet-tapping, and headbanging as he seemed to be dancing at random in accordance to a song. The volume was such that at his approach, they could hear residues of the music leaking out of the privacy of the phones. A country-like guitar rhythm with a jaunty beat, though some of the muffled lyrics they can hear seems a bit discordant with the tune.

Gathered up your things and slipped away No time at all, I followed you into the hall

Cigarette daydream

You were only seventeen Soft speak with a mean streak, Nearly brought me to my knees

Big man Tyrone steps closer into a vacant seat across from Tyzell and Kane, claiming it without bothering to ask for permission. It was only then that his eyes rolled off his electronic screen into the Mazinger pilots, initially hitting a button on the phone to pause and then greeting them with a winning smile, flashing his pearly whites at them with unrestrained joy and openness.

"What's up?"
Kane would begin eating his cabbage roll while cutting one of his apple into 6 slices, as he seem to be enjoying the food so far.

It was that this burly bald black man, as he was enjoying his music while jamming to, which lead him to later sit on the same table as him and Tyzell.

Kane would the swallow the roll that was on his mouth, as he wave awkwardly to the man who smile at them and told them “what up”

“Uh Nothing much, just enjoying a meal, guessing your gonna do the same?” He ask as he didn’t mind having guest as long they don’t bring trouble.

Cavaliere

Notorious
@Cavaliere

The shield shatters into pieces by the warp-charged electromagnetic blast, its remains settling on the frost before abruptly combusting into wisps of blackened flame, burning away into nothingness… The most shocking thing about the entire thing? How little it would’ve shocked those who beheld the sight, as if they instinctively knew the result even if it had been their first time witnessing such a thing, not only that, the sight gave them this inexplicable sense of contentment and release; as if a burden had been lifted from their shoulders.

After the last embers had faded, silence falls once more; the encounter seemingly over… Only for the illusion of finality to be shattered by a whipcrack-like report echoing throughout the enginarium, the sound almost like a thunderbolt and followed by a harsh glare lighting up the area as a streak of orange-red energy screams from the darkness, headed straight towards the Gaia Gear, which had earlier righted itself after being buffeted by the knight’s wings.

Normally, Char’s newtype senses would have forewarned him of the incoming danger and give him the chance to evade the incoming attack, but with interference from residual warp energy and of him barring his own mind to keep the voices out; they had been rendered too dull to alert him up until it was far too late.

“Oh fu-”

Hitting the Man Machine dead square in the chest, the streak; now revealed to be a crossbow bolt made of raging hellfire, had stuck itself to the mech’s chest, holding its shape together through dark magics, the projectile continued to stay impaled to the mech, allowing it to burn and melt through its armor and internal frame as evidenced by the Gaia Gear profusely bleeding rivulets of molten slag.
William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>
The battle was over as quickly as it began, a chaotic affair with no overall pattern, constant clash of beams against metal, and screams of exertion and pain.
There was no formula to it, no function that graphed a shape more beautiful than the painting of the most respected artist.
Liam only found solace in the fact that it was done, that they had vanquished this monster and...
“Dammit, It got me! None of the reactors were hit at least I-”

Char was unable to finish his sentence as the Gaia Gear suddenly exploded into a blinding flash of atomic flame, its minovsky reactors having violently gone critical due to the hellbolt detonating into a gout of flame moments after it had impaled itself into the man machine. The explosion, while not enough to seriously damage the other members of the again-quartet due to sufficient distance from their late companion, was still powerful enough to clear away the surrounding area of all debris and ice left over from the demon knight’s opening move along with leaving the members of the quartet to deal with the effects of what amounts to a small thermonuclear blast going off inside a tin can while being inside of it.

As the pilots collected themselves in the aftermath, a rapid series of metallic footsteps echo throughout the enginarium. Their attacker evidently moving in to take advantage of the disarray its makeshift grenade caused…
The bolt made Liam freeze...

No, they were victorious, they had defeated the Demon, it can't be happening, make it stop...

The explosion made Liam scream.

"Tell me he ejected, it can't be done just like that... It's..."
Valren needn’t wait for his Knight’s scans to confirm what his eyes could now clearly see through the haze: The same Daemon that had been attacking them, now seeming to behave in a manner more typical of its ilk: Aggressively charging head-on. The only thing that prevented the sight from being a wholly stereotypical image of a Khornate was that it wasn’t manically waving its weapon over its head.

However the Knight’s third eye would reveal the reason for its apparent retrogression in tactics: It was bleeding warp energy like a game animal that had been shot on the chest, doubtless due to the destruction of its shield and the impression the capacitor bank made upon it. While a wounded beast was indeed a terrible foe to behold, it would mean that his and his erstwhile companions’ victory is all but assured if they manage to outlast the daemon’s onslaught and to keep it from taking any more of them with it.
The appearance of the Knight, battered and bleeding, made him want to attack...

The Null's guns started to shoot, pelting the Demon with beams as he stood from kicking the Aiolous in the chest.
Liam couldn't think right now, as his mind was in a haze filled with screams and explosions and metal melting and...

The control sticks glided on the panels, moving the machine's arms to the back and picking up the Railgun mounted there. He told everyone on the comms to clear him a shot, pointedly ignoring the white noise that came from Bastilla's channel.

"I don't know if I will get the chance to fire this multiple times, but it is my heaviest weapon. It might be what we need"

Sigismund

Despite the spirited resistance Daniel gave against the Knight, it didn't get angrier at his refusal to die. Rather it seemed to invigorate the demon, seemingly feeding its hunger and making it fight with even greater determination, almost glad that the OMNI enforcer was actually proving himself in battle.

Its glee abruptly ended when Daniel managed to dodge its thrust and wrench its blade towards the ground, leaving it unable to do anything but stare in disbelief as the Aeolus' cerulean blade swung for its neck and head. Without hesitation, it throws its entire body weight backward in a controlled fall, avoiding getting its throat slashed open, but allowing the beam blade to instead score a large gash across its horned helmet and cauterizing one of its eyes shut, earning Daniel the first vocalization the demon made ever since they encountered it: An inhuman and bestial hiss of pain, likened to that of an attacking alligator.

Unfortunately for the enforcer, rather than being greeted with a golden opportunity to strike the Knight down while it was lying defenseless on the floor, its wings instead caught its fall, acting as a second pair of legs, ones more than stable enough for the knight to put in a significant amount of force towards a kangaroo kick in an attempt to knock the Aeolus away before swiftly righting itself back on its feet.

So Liam was going to try and play fire support. Hopefully his weapon would be able to bridge the gap in speed, or create enough effect to cause much the same.
But it may instead dodge again by reading his intent to attack. Knowing this I readjusted my firing solution and arcs to his area on which he would dodge Liam's fire.

The increase agility would mean trying to engage it in Melee again may only result in even more crippling damage to Ignus. Something to be avoided.

So the Wings needed to be focused, it appeared that the daemon could used them as substitute limbs.
I refocused the Plasma Fusil to aim near the base of the wings, where being so close to the center of mass, the rapidfire stream of plasma was near certain to hit apart of the Daemons wings.

And for when it's wings over extended, I had the Lightning Canon charged and aiming for the structure near to the back. While it could move faster than I could aim, it couldn't move faster than the charged Electromagnetic Energy. With this weak a connection to the Warp, the Speed of Causality was very much still the Speed of Light.
So once it presented the opportunity, I made my intent to fire with what remained of my soul clouded. It may not hide it fully, but it should at least stop him from knowing the exact direction in which to dodge.

And Thus, as he moved into my sights, through my focus on my power to hide my intent, I pulled the Trigger. If Liam's shots fully missed, instead of hitting the wings, the main body would be hit fully with a stream of Plasma alongside the Lighthing Canon.

sir_fire

Distinguished
William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>
The battle was over as quickly as it began, a chaotic affair with no overall pattern, constant clash of beams against metal, and screams of exertion and pain.
There was no formula to it, no function that graphed a shape more beautiful than the painting of the most respected artist.
Liam only found solace in the fact that it was done, that they had vanquished this monster and...

No, they were victorious, they had defeated the Demon, it can't be happening, make it stop...

The Null's guns started to shoot, pelting the Demon with beams as he stood from kicking the Aiolous in the chest.
Liam couldn't think right now, as his mind was in a haze filled with screams and explosions and metal melting and...

The control sticks glided on the panels, moving the machine's arms to the back and picking up the Railgun mounted there. He told everyone on the comms to clear him a shot, pointedly ignoring the white noise that came from Bastilla's channel.

"I don't know if I will get the chance to fire this multiple times, but it is my heaviest weapon. It might be what we need"

So Liam was going to try and play fire support. Hopefully his weapon would be able to bridge the gap in speed, or create enough effect to cause much the same.
But it may instead dodge again by reading his intent to attack. Knowing this I readjusted my firing solution and arcs to his area on which he would dodge Liam's fire.

The increase agility would mean trying to engage it in Melee again may only result in even more crippling damage to Ignus. Something to be avoided.

So the Wings needed to be focused, it appeared that the daemon could used them as substitute limbs.
I refocused the Plasma Fusil to aim near the base of the wings, where being so close to the center of mass, the rapidfire stream of plasma was near certain to hit apart of the Daemons wings.

And for when it's wings over extended, I had the Lightning Canon charged and aiming for the structure near to the back. While it could move faster than I could aim, it couldn't move faster than the charged Electromagnetic Energy. With this weak a connection to the Warp, the Speed of Causality was very much still the Speed of Light.
So once it presented the opportunity, I made my intent to fire with what remained of my soul clouded. It may not hide it fully, but it should at least stop him from knowing the exact direction in which to dodge.

And Thus, as he moved into my sights, through my focus on my power to hide my intent, I pulled the Trigger. If Liam's shots fully missed, instead of hitting the wings, the main body would be hit fully with a stream of Plasma alongside the Lighthing Canon.
The daemon reacts first to Valren's covering fire, swerving from side-to-side to dodge the plasma shots as it moved closer to engage, the white-hot bolts blasting away portions of its blackened chainmail with each glancing blow to its extremities, leaving behind molten craters upon its form but hardly affected its momentum; while the wings themselves compressed their forms back into that of a cape, fully hiding behind the knight. Almost as if the shade-cloak had remembered well the last time it felt the white-hot kiss of plasma and did not want to experience it again, evidently against the Knight's wishes as its dodges got a bit sloppier, seemingly out of frustration and allowing both the Mechanicum Questor and Liam to score some direct hits on the beast, with one plasma bolt splashing against the side of its head, rattling it and a beam rifle shot striking its sword-hand, blasting away the chainmail covering the appendage and nearly causing it to drop the weapon from the concussive shock and extreme heat.

At this, it puts aside its attempt to charge into melee and instead executes a maneuver that seemed far more characteristic of the Aeldari than anything else: Jumping high into the air, unassisted by its wings and reaching into the shadows cast by its cape with its free hand, the daemon pulls out a bone-framed crossbow; the murder weapon it used to take Char's life. Flipping and twisting its body as it began to sail over Valren in a mid-air cartwheel, it then fires a three-shot burst of hellfire bolts at the Mechanicum Questor; the first bolt ricocheted off the fully-charged ion shield before vanishing into the darkness, the second exploding upon contact with the depleted shield in a rather modestly-sized fireball and the last detonating near the Questor's feet in a gout of brimstone and splattering slag, potentially sending molten shrapnel into the gaps of the Knight titan's armor and dealing damage to its ankle joints from the concussive force.

Making a rather rough landing that caused it to stumble onto one knee, the demon attempted to scramble back to its feet; evidently aware of its agility, its sole defensive option being compromised by its current predicament. Taking notice of Liam, perhaps a bit too slowly no thanks to Daniel searing one of its eyes shut; it fires a snap-shot from its crossbow at the Null. The hastily aimed bolt had a rather poor chance of scoring a hit at the Gundam, but would the scientist come to realize that between his focus in taking aim at the beast and of his volatile emotional state?

Last edited:

Sigismund

The daemon reacts first to Valren's covering fire, swerving from side-to-side to dodge the plasma shots as it moved closer to engage, the white-hot bolts blasting away portions of its blackened chainmail with each glancing blow to its extremities, leaving behind molten craters upon its form but hardly affected its momentum; while the wings themselves compressed their forms back into that of a cape, fully hiding behind the knight. Almost as if the shade-cloak had remembered well the last time it felt the white-hot kiss of plasma and did not want to experience it again, evidently against the Knight's wishes as its dodges got a bit sloppier, seemingly out of frustration and allowing both the Mechanicum Questor and Liam to score some direct hits on the beast, with one plasma bolt splashing against the side of its head, rattling it and a beam rifle shot striking its sword-hand, blasting away the chainmail covering the appendage and nearly causing it to drop the weapon from the concussive shock and extreme heat.

At this, it puts aside its attempt to charge into melee and instead executes a maneuver that seemed far more characteristic of the Aeldari than anything else: Jumping high into the air, unassisted by its wings and reaching into the shadows cast by its cape with its free hand, the daemon pulls out a bone-framed crossbow; the murder weapon it used to take Char's life. Flipping and twisting its body as it began to sail over Valren in a mid-air cartwheel, it then fires a three-shot burst of hellfire bolts at the Mechanicum Questor; the first bolt ricocheted off the fully-charged ion shield before vanishing into the darkness, the second exploding upon contact with the depleted shield in a rather modestly-sized fireball and the last detonating near the Questor's feet in a gout of brimstone and splattering slag, potentially sending molten shrapnel into the gaps of the Knight titan's armor and dealing damage to its ankle joints from the concussive force.

Making a rather rough landing that caused it to stumble onto one knee, the demon attempted to scramble back to its feet; evidently aware of its agility, its sole defensive option being compromised by its current predicament. Taking notice of Liam, perhaps a bit too slowly no thanks to Daniel searing one of its eyes shut; it fires a snap-shot from its crossbow at the Null. The hastily aimed bolt had a rather poor chance of scoring a hit at the Gundam, but would the scientist come to realize that between his focus in taking aim at the beast and of his volatile emotional state?
Ah, yes, having my own attack thrown back at me.
I am sadly quite familiar with that.

The ankle joints of Ignus were the most stressed part, groaning uncomfortably close to the sounds of thr warp itself. Ignus's repair systems were getting quite the workout in this engagement it seems.

I heard the daemon taking a rather hard landing at that. Unable to turn myself, I did the only thing I could.

I yelled at Liam to take his shot.

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional

As it fell, the Aeolus pointed its beam saber downward and was about to stab the enemy through the heart or whatever passed for one, but its odd cape managed to function as a sort of cushion for its fall and it managed to land a powerful kick with both legs to send the Aeolus flying.

The thudding sound of its impact echoed, and Daniel used the Aeolus’s thrusters to stop itself from careening further away. The others already took their shots, causing some further damage to the demonic knight. It managed to fire back still at the Knight Scion in a display of great agility, but it was rendered vulnerable nonetheless. Liam should now be in a good position to take advantage.

William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>

“Do it!”

TrickOLF

Cigarette daydream

"What's up?"

Kane would begin eating his cabbage roll while cutting one of his apple into 6 slices, as he seem to be enjoying the food so far.

It was that this burly bald black man, as he was enjoying his music while jamming to, which lead him to later sit on the same table as him and Tyzell.

Kane would the swallow the roll that was on his mouth, as he wave awkwardly to the man who smile at them and told them “what up”

“Uh Nothing much, just enjoying a meal, guessing your gonna do the same?” He ask as he didn’t mind having guest as long they don’t bring trouble.

First week, huh? Well, guess I gotta earn my keep to enjoy more of this~!

As I sat and I began to eat my food, some guy comes on over to our place and begins hollering us up.

I just elected to ignore and continued eating. I figured I let my social friend do the work.

sir_fire

Distinguished
First week, huh? Well, guess I gotta earn my keep to enjoy more of this~!

As I sat and I began to eat my food, some guy comes on over to our place and begins hollering us up.

I just elected to ignore and continued eating. I figured I let my social friend do the work.

The big man keeps his jovial attitude throughout, even with Tyzell's reluctance to interact. The glint in his big, friendly eyes saying that he's got something planned for the youth to get him to open up.

"Just did, food's pretty bland but it's got that real homecooked feel to it y'know? Say, I've always wanted to meet one of you guys, actual outworlders, Isekais. Lucky me that my current assignment took me to a place where they tend to drop by huh?"

A closer look on big man Tyrone, aside from the obvious fact that he was utterly jacked even through his fairly thick clothing reveals an emblem on his left breast: Rayleonard?

"Word around the base says you two are as fresh as cookies straight outta a tiny old lady's oven. So how's it like? Crossing over to this here Earth of ours? Like waking up from a dream? Or getting to see things that people wouldn't believe, like the universe unfolding before your eyes like a real good drug trip?"

Cavaliere

Notorious

The ankle joints of Ignus were the most stressed part, groaning uncomfortably close to the sounds of thr warp itself. Ignus's repair systems were getting quite the workout in this engagement it seems.

I heard the daemon taking a rather hard landing at that. Unable to turn myself, I did the only thing I could.

As it fell, the Aeolus pointed its beam saber downward and was about to stab the enemy through the heart or whatever passed for one, but its odd cape managed to function as a sort of cushion for its fall and it managed to land a powerful kick with both legs to send the Aeolus flying.

The thudding sound of its impact echoed, and Daniel used the Aeolus’s thrusters to stop itself from careening further away. The others already took their shots, causing some further damage to the demonic knight. It managed to fire back still at the Knight Scion in a display of great agility, but it was rendered vulnerable nonetheless. Liam should now be in a good position to take advantage.

“Do it!”
William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>
Inhale... Hold... Enhale...

The G.U.N.D.A.M. OS highlited the Demon, the sensors of the Railgun alligneated the reticule, the stabilizers kept the whole torso steady.
Liam was pushing the RAM of his machine to it's limit, the crude combat algorithms that he implemented were never before tested like this.
He never considered the Null combat ready just in name only, but now he had to concede that he needed to work on it better.

When the demon pointed his weapon at him, he saw red for a moment, angry that this monster whated to do to him what he did to Char, just to gloat and taunt and fight all over again, but the twin screams of his companions to take the shoot, the world melted away in a familiar haze.

Like the times he worked to exaustion to his experiments, when everything fell away and only what he had in front of him remained, he saw the formulas that governed the world clear as day: the accelleration of the arrow that he was about to send his way, the velocity of the two machines fighting with him, the ballistic arc of the magnetic rod that was about to spear into the demon's head.
The OS was too taxed to manage the complete change of firing angle, but if he used the thrusters at the right moment, angles this way...
The equations manifested into his mind and resolved, and with apush of the trigger and a twist of a lever, he took his shot.

The recoil of the Railgun, previously compensated by the servos and gyroscopes, now completly threw the Null out of axis, but this was fine, the bullet was not affected, passing right under the arrow as they passed each other.
The enemy's attack managed to score a hit, but it was a deep cut in the upper arm instead of a full impalement, which was at least somewhat managable, even if the loss of mobility in the arm was an heavy cost.

sir_fire

Distinguished

“Do it!”

William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>
Inhale... Hold... Enhale...

The G.U.N.D.A.M. OS highlited the Demon, the sensors of the Railgun alligneated the reticule, the stabilizers kept the whole torso steady.
Liam was pushing the RAM of his machine to it's limit, the crude combat algorithms that he implemented were never before tested like this.
He never considered the Null combat ready just in name only, but now he had to concede that he needed to work on it better.

When the demon pointed his weapon at him, he saw red for a moment, angry that this monster whated to do to him what he did to Char, just to gloat and taunt and fight all over again, but the twin screams of his companions to take the shoot, the world melted away in a familiar haze.

Like the times he worked to exaustion to his experiments, when everything fell away and only what he had in front of him remained, he saw the formulas that governed the world clear as day: the accelleration of the arrow that he was about to send his way, the velocity of the two machines fighting with him, the ballistic arc of the magnetic rod that was about to spear into the demon's head.
The OS was too taxed to manage the complete change of firing angle, but if he used the thrusters at the right moment, angles this way...
The equations manifested into his mind and resolved, and with apush of the trigger and a twist of a lever, he took his shot.

The recoil of the Railgun, previously compensated by the servos and gyroscopes, now completly threw the Null out of axis, but this was fine, the bullet was not affected, passing right under the arrow as they passed each other.
The enemy's attack managed to score a hit, but it was a deep cut in the upper arm instead of a full impalement, which was at least somewhat managable, even if the loss of mobility in the arm was an heavy cost.
The demon's bolt exploded moments after making its mark, blowing off a significant portion of the limb's upper shoulder armor and upper arm in a violent plume of hellfire, as bad as the damage seemed at first glance; it honestly looked worse than it actually is, with most of the servos and wiring remaining relatively untouched by the blast as the Null's damage reports would reveal soon afterward.

The same cannot be said for what Liam shot did to the demon knight, however. The railgun slug was aimed true and unerringly screamed towards its head. Realizing that it wouldn’t be able to move aside in time or use its wings to get out of the way fast enough, the demon instead forcibly wills its wings to protect it, where one-half of the shade-cloak spasms forward onto the slug's path, its sense of self-preservation wholly overwritten by the Knight’s own drive to live. As expected, the wing is torn asunder by the hypersonic projectile, scattering scraps of shadow every which way and barely slowing the slug from its fateful encounter with the demon’s head, but it already knew that; it simply hoped that the sacrifice of its appendage would at the very least turn aside the slug’s course from its head.

It did not.

The slug, far too dense and going far too fast was hardly thrown away from its path and with a deafening keen, the projectile digs a trench across the knight’s forehead, and from the terrible wound, a gout of black flame shoots out of it like a perverse volcano. Moments later, its arms go slack before it lifelessly falls to the floor like a marionette with its strings cut, and soon afterward the rest of its body and weapons subsequently immolated into ebony flames, slowly burning away into the ether.

With that, silence once again falls in the enginarium save for the crackling of the Gaia Gear's flaming debris and the droning hum of the Mercury's nuclear fusion core. They had won.

Last edited:

Sigismund

The demon's bolt exploded moments after making its mark, blowing off a significant portion of the limb's upper shoulder armor and upper arm in a violent plume of hellfire, as bad as the damage seemed at first glance; it honestly looked worse than it actually is, with most of the servos and wiring remaining relatively untouched by the blast as the Null's damage reports would reveal soon afterward.

The same cannot be said for what Liam shot did to the demon knight, however. The railgun slug was aimed true and unerringly screamed towards its head. Realizing that it wouldn’t be able to move aside in time or use its wings to get out of the way fast enough, the demon instead forcibly wills its wings to protect it, where one-half of the shade-cloak spasms forward onto the slug's path, its sense of self-preservation wholly overwritten by the Knight’s own drive to live. As expected, the wing is torn asunder by the hypersonic projectile, scattering scraps of shadow every which way and barely slowing the slug from its fateful encounter with the demon’s head, but it already knew that; it simply hoped that the sacrifice of its appendage would at the very least turn aside the slug’s course from its head.

It did not.

The slug, far too dense and going far too fast was hardly thrown away from its path and with a deafening keen, the projectile digs a trench across the knight’s forehead, and from the terrible wound, a gout of black flame shoots out of it like a perverse volcano. Moments later, its arms go slack before it lifelessly falls to the floor like a marionette with its strings cut, and soon afterward the rest of its body and weapons subsequently immolated into ebony flames, slowly burning away into the ether.

With that, silence once again falls in the enginarium save for the crackling of the Gaia Gear's flaming debris and the droning hum of the Mercury's nuclear fusion core. They won.
I used my sights once more to check the area to make sure it was entirely clear. While that shot seemed to have vaporized most of the daemon, it never hurt to be careful.

With my attention split, I also contacted the crew through the vox. "The Omnisaiiah has delivered Salvation through his servants, the daemon threat is gone at this breachpoint."

sir_fire

Distinguished
I used my sights once more to check the area to make sure it was entirely clear. While that shot seemed to have vaporized most of the daemon, it never hurt to be careful.

With my attention split, I also contacted the crew through the vox. "The Omnisaiiah has delivered Salvation through his servants, the daemon threat is gone at this breachpoint."
"Emperor's Grace... We cannot thank you enough. But there is one last favor we must ask of you, noble Questor. We require you and your companions to bore a hole into the sub-bridge's adamantium shutters, it is the only safe way out for us trapped inside and it will need to be done, for our Junior Magos is the only one aboard who has the clearance codes and the knowledge to safely scuttle the Mercury without putting any of you at risk."

Sigismund

"Emperor's Grace... We cannot thank you enough. But there is one last favor we must ask of you, noble Questor. We require you and your companions to bore a hole into the sub-bridge's adamantium shutters, it is the only safe way out for us trapped inside and it will need to be done, for our Junior Magos is the only one aboard who has the clearance codes and the knowledge to safely scuttle the Mercury without putting any of you at risk."
"Affirmative"

Using any of the larger beam weapons to bore a hole would risk blastback molten metal being flung into the crew with the scale of our weapons and the sheer strength of the shutters.

However, Ignus's Siege claw would be more than adequate on tearing out the shutters from the outside.

After Ignus's self repair systems had done their jobs, I squeezed my way out of the enginarium. The bright light if the local star and feeling of normality was a refreshing break from the past encounter.

Soon I located the subbridge, I transmitted a code of "stand aside" to the subbridge as I gathered speed up into a full on sprint, and then using Ignus's full power with leaping charge I plunged the charged siege claw into the shutters to rip out a hole.

sir_fire

Distinguished
"Affirmative"

Using any of the larger beam weapons to bore a hole would risk blastback molten metal being flung into the crew with the scale of our weapons and the sheer strength of the shutters.

However, Ignus's Siege claw would be more than adequate on tearing out the shutters from the outside.

After Ignus's self repair systems had done their jobs, I squeezed my way out of the enginarium. The bright light if the local star and feeling of normality was a refreshing break from the past encounter.

Soon I located the subbridge, I transmitted a code of "stand aside" to the subbridge as I gathered speed up into a full on sprint, and then using Ignus's full power with leaping charge I plunged the charged siege claw into the shutters to rip out a hole.
The shutters give way before the mighty claw of Ignus and moments later, the morning light of the unknown star and the dry heat creeps into the cold, stale interior. Soon afterward, one crewman approaches the breach, evidently some sort of lower-ranking officer judging from his uniform. Shielding his eyes from the light above, the man takes a look at the Mechanicum Questor then at the wasteland stretching over the horizon before taking a long breath of air and speaking with a familiar voice.

“Such pure and clean air…”

Soon, more of the occupants came towards the hole, lower-ranking bridge crewmen, a Techpriest with relatively modest amounts of cybernetic enhancement, likely the Junior Magos the officer had been talking about, and lastly some Inquisitorial Storm Troopers, perhaps the last remnants of the Mercury’s security detail. Despite being given salvation from a fate worse than death, the survivors’ reactions were rather muted; a sense of solemn relief expressed with dignity and grace rather than a loud display of cheers and hollers. Inquisitorial crews are just built different it seems.

Looking down at the drop below the breach Ignus made, the officer rather sheepishly looks towards the Knight and once again asks for his help.

“I don’t suppose you or your companions have any climbing tools available for us to safely descend the wreckage then, noble Questor?”

While the officer made a good point, Valren might notice something strange inside the sub-bridge, lying utterly inert in a darkened corner where the sun’s rays barely touched it, a figure in gold; quite a bit larger than a normal man but judging from the way it was set upon the corner; it seemed that the stranger was given all due care and attention by the survivors.

Sigismund

The shutters give way before the mighty claw of Ignus and moments later, the morning light of the unknown star and the dry heat creeps into the cold, stale interior. Soon afterward, one crewman approaches the breach, evidently some sort of lower-ranking officer judging from his uniform. Shielding his eyes from the light above, the man takes a look at the Mechanicum Questor then at the wasteland stretching over the horizon before taking a long breath of air and speaking with a familiar voice.

“Such pure and clean air…”

Soon, more of the occupants came towards the hole, lower-ranking bridge crewmen, a Techpriest with relatively modest amounts of cybernetic enhancement, likely the Junior Magos the officer had been talking about, and lastly some Inquisitorial Storm Troopers, perhaps the last remnants of the Mercury’s security detail. Despite being given salvation from a fate worse than death, the survivors’ reactions were rather muted; a sense of solemn relief expressed with dignity and grace rather than a loud display of cheers and hollers. Inquisitorial crews are just built different it seems.

Looking down at the drop below the breach Ignus made, the officer rather sheepishly looks towards the Knight and once again asks for his help.

“I don’t suppose you or your companions have any climbing tools available for us to safely descend the wreckage then, noble Questor?”

While the officer made a good point, Valren might notice something strange inside the sub-bridge, lying utterly inert in a darkened corner where the sun’s rays barely touched it, a figure in gold; quite a bit larger than a normal man but judging from the way it was set upon the corner; it seemed that the stranger was given all due care and attention by the survivors.
I rather doubted that we had enough rope between the 4 of us to allow everyone on board to repeal down.
The figure in the corner was of quite some interest, but I suppose getting them down was the more expedient option.

Of the Pskana I have, by and far the least used was my Telekinesis. Even at its most powerful, it was simply less than Ignus, so bothering to master it was never really an issue.

However, I should have enough grasp, especially in this place with alot less Warp interference, to simply drag a dune of Sand over to the breach.

As it had been a while, it wasn't the entire dune shifting over. Instead it was several smaller streams, even then it took time and focus.

But after almost a full minute, the sand had piled high enough that it was less than a meter drop from the breach to the dune. It seemed that the fight, or at least the overextention of my soul had left me drained. While still a lot of sand, moving a few dozen tons of sand shouldn't have taken so long even with my inexperience.

Back