Super Robot Wars: Calamitous Dawn

sir_fire

Distinguished
Very well. "May the Omnisaiiah protect"

Ignus Turned and made back for the enginarium, as communication s came throught.

I switched the channel into a more private secure wave. "That was a Daemon of the Blood God Khorne, and a fairly unique one that that. More typical of their type is to go for brute strength and resistance. However they very much can still corrupt, inflate you're bloodlust, pull you from logic to lose yourself in adrenaline and power. Ignore that, for that way likes to pure corruption as we have seen.

"Do not seek to ponder them, ignore them, reject them, isolate them from your mind and as soon as we are able they will be obliterated from your mind. This place may be weak, and its influence weakened, but memories stripped from a Daemon are always seeds of corruption. Whether that be days, or decades. It is inevitable, so they must be scoured away while still possible to save your soul. To leave them to fester will spell from for us all in time, and damn your soul. "

I left the alternative to silence, but they had seen what happened. They knew the alternative.

Now Ignus had made it back to the opening in the Enginarium, the path for the tech priest to follow made clear.
Kazuki was fast to pick up on Daniel's signature and using him as a beacon to reach the others. Luckily, the prospect of navigating a long maze of corridors if need be didn't faze him in the slightest. He would eventually be able to find his way back and maneuver with confidence unless something happened to interrupt the flow of his movements. All the while, he tried to skim through his thoughts in order to figure out what to say... To not much avail.

"Daniel? I apologize immensely. It's just... The visions. I've seen some stuff. I'm not sure how to explain exactly what I've seen on that devil knight's memories. And the situation is pretty unfortunate. I'm recovered and willing to help in any way I can now."
Visions, he said. Ah, he was a psychic too. Those sensitive to the world beyond the material would have their minds overwhelmed by something like that. It sufficed as an explanation, but hopefully he'd be ready next time they encounter an enemy like the knight again. This was easy to say from Daniel's position, of course, and was unable to really fathom what having a third eye truly meant. However, at the end of the day, they honestly couldn't risk potential dead weight, harsh as it was.

"We'll be glad to have your help then. I'd say to just keep your guard up for next time, but I'm not the best one to consult for this. You could ask that Valrin guy for help if you really want to prevent what happened earlier. He's...odd, to say the least, but I think he'd know some things."
On the way back into the Enginarium, the voices and wailing of the warpspawn, which had gone silent when the Bloodthirster had made itself known and afterward was no longer so, now that the creature most likely to find and end them was no more, the neverborn returned with a vengeance and attempted to once again lay claim to the souls of the faithful and the ignorant, the latter especially. This time taking a far more antagonistic tone, to goad them into lashing out so that they can enter when the gates are lowered during their victims' riposte.

"Nobody loves you!"

"You are weak and pitiful!"

"You call that fighting? So dreadfully droll and trite!"

"You'll never be anything of worth!"

"You're going to die here, alone and afraid!"

Guiding the Mechanicum Questor towards the Fusion Core's central control terminal while hanging onto its shoulders and amidst the cacophony of voices, the Magos takes the time to inform Valrin of his and his allies' chance of escape once the countdown begins.

"Will 30 minutes be enough? Or would an hour be fairer? As you can tell from the racket, the warpspawn grow bold and restless now that the alpha predator has been dethroned. I also suspect that they are becoming aware of their coming doom by our return to the Mercury's heart."

Last edited:

Sigismund

On the way back into the Enginarium, the voices and wailing of the warpspawn, which had gone silent when the Bloodthirster had made itself known and afterward was no longer so, now that the creature most likely to find and end them was no more, the neverborn returned with a vengeance and attempted to once again lay claim to the souls of the faithful and the ignorant, the latter especially. This time taking a far more antagonistic tone, to goad them into lashing out so that they can enter when the gates are lowered during their victims' riposte.

"Nobody loves you!"

"You are weak and pitiful!"

"You call that fighting? So dreadfully droll and trite!"

"You'll never be anything of worth!"

"You're going to die here, alone and afraid!"

Guiding the Mechanicum Questor towards the Fusion Core's central control terminal amidst the cacophony of voices, the Magos takes the time to inform Valrin of his and his allies' chance of escape once the countdown begins.

"Will 30 minutes be enough? Or would an hour be fairer? As you can tell from the racket, the warpspawn grow bold and restless now that the alpha predator has been dethroned. I also suspect that they are becoming aware of their coming doom by our return to the Mercury's heart."
"30 mins should be more than enough time to clear a 1 Kilometer blast radius with all necessary equipment and supplies."

With that said, I fired off Vox commands to the outside party and surviving crew to get 1 kilometer clear with all supplies within 20 mins.

sir_fire

Distinguished
"30 mins should be more than enough time to clear a 1 Kilometer blast radius with all necessary equipment and supplies."

With that said, I fired off Vox commands to the outside party and surviving crew to get 1 kilometer clear with all supplies within 20 mins.
@The Ancient Purple @Crimson Dragoon @Cavaliere

Reaching the console, at last, the Magos quickly gets to work; his mechadendrites and hands transforming into a blur as he rapidly inputs the complex and multi-tiered codes and sequences needed to access the plasma drive's central control. While an unaugmented human would find the mere act of inputting the codes a daunting task in itself given the extremely short window of time needed to enter them before the security locks reset, it was practically routine for the augmented brain and copper nerves of the Magos. In less than a minute, the locks were undone and the console's digital monitor began to glow with a harsh red glare as numerous warnings scrolled across the screen.

"Oh, dearest Mercury... I never thought that the end to your illustrious history would come like this... But, unlike your namesake; you will at the very least know the embrace of the Sun."

The Magos then hits the enter key, causing warning klaxons began to blare out across the enginarium, at least the ones still intact; all while the nuclear fusion core begins to run at maximum output, gradually transforming the gentle blue glow of the reactor into a worrisome hue of orange. Then, he began to smash the console into uselessness with his cybernetic arms; ostensibly to delay any of the warpspawn from attempting to cancel the scuttling by trying to possess the machinery.

"The fiends are coming."

The Magos' words were soon vindicated as inhuman screeching and bellowing began to echo throughout the enginarium, their cries of rage and desperation overpowering the alarm klaxons.

Outside, waterfalls of cryogenic liquid began to billow out of the shipwreck's hull, the ice and fog smothering the crash site with a thick, eerie haze. A sign that now would be a very good time to leave.

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional

Reaching the console, at last, the Magos quickly gets to work; his mechadendrites and hands transforming into a blur as he rapidly inputs the complex and multi-tiered codes and sequences needed to access the plasma drive's central control. While an unaugmented human would find the mere act of inputting the codes a daunting task in itself given the extremely short window of time needed to enter them before the security locks reset, it was practically routine for the augmented brain and copper nerves of the Magos. In less than a minute, the locks were undone and the console's digital monitor began to glow with a harsh red glare as numerous warnings scrolled across the screen.

"Oh, dearest Mercury... I never thought that the end to your illustrious history would come like this... But, unlike your namesake; you will at the very least know the embrace of the Sun."

The Magos then hits the enter key, causing warning klaxons began to blare out across the enginarium, at least the ones still intact; all while the nuclear fusion core begins to run at maximum output, gradually transforming the gentle blue glow of the reactor into a worrisome hue of orange. Then, he began to smash the console into uselessness with his cybernetic arms; ostensibly to delay any of the warpspawn from attempting to cancel the scuttling by trying to possess the machinery.

"The fiends are coming."

The Magos' words were soon vindicated as inhuman screeching and bellowing began to echo throughout the enginarium, their cries of rage and desperation overpowering the alarm klaxons.

Outside, waterfalls of cryogenic liquid began to billow out of the shipwreck's hull, the ice and fog smothering the crash site with a thick, eerie haze. A sign that now would be a very good time to leave.
The klaxons blared and soon after, the cries of those disembodied voices got louder as well, filled with rage. It was time then. The job was going to be finished for good in a spectacular manner. Around the site was a haze caused by an outpouring of cryogenic fluid, another sign that they needed to leave.

“It’s time to get going,” Daniel said, stating the obvious. He quickly left the enginarium, tracing his path back to the outside. A kilometer away, they said. Spotting a particularly large sand dune, Daniel used it as cover, and the Aeolus was comfortably behind it.

Sigismund

"The fiends are coming."

The klaxons blared and soon after, the cries of those disembodied voices got louder as well, filled with rage. It was time then. The job was going to be finished for good in a spectacular manner. Around the site was a haze caused by an outpouring of cryogenic fluid, another sign that they needed to leave.

“It’s time to get going,” Daniel said, stating the obvious. He quickly left the enginarium, tracing his path back to the outside. A kilometer away, they said. Spotting a particularly large sand dune, Daniel used it as cover, and the Aeolus was comfortably behind it.
Thus Ignus followed Daniel out. I saw no reason to stay any longer, and trusted that everyone else who was here followed that obvious Wisdom.

sir_fire

Distinguished
@The Ancient Purple @Crimson Dragoon @Sigismund @Cavaliere

While Daniel and Valrin were left unmolested by the daemons on their way out of the enginarium, likely due to the warpspawn fearing the Mechanicum Questor's psionic might and his Knight's protective wards. However, the Magos did not accompany the Questor to the exit; his reason being that the two other members of the quartet were yet unaccounted for. While had no real reason to risk himself doing so, he dismounted the Ignus regardless and quickly made his way to the nearest of the two: The Null.

While his behavior was odd, Valren could tell from the psionic cues the Magos was giving off that the machine cultist was prepared to die. Not at all a cause for alarm as any servant of the inquisition would have such a mindset, but the thing to note was that the Magos was going to do so at this very moment... Is he planning to go out with the Mercury?

Meanwhile, Kazuki and Liam would find their senses overwhelmed by not only the cacophony caused by the horde of daemons bearing down on their location but also of the intense hatred and killing intent projected by the hellspawn. They want their souls and want them bad.

As Liam was trying to find his way out of the ship, the Null's cameras catches glimpses of several shadowy forms darting about in the darkness at the very edge of its vision, the shapes thankfully much smaller than the Knight that jumped them earlier; but the sheer number of them does little to assuage the foreboding sensation in the scientist's spine. Then all of a sudden, a small flock of stingray-like monstrosities the size of small cars drops in from up on high and tries to chew into the Gundam's head, neck, and upper body with diamond-hard fangs.

Meanwhile, Kazuki's eyes began to throb, worsening the headache he was already experiencing from the screeching demons and giving him the mother of all migraines as his psychic vision began showing him colors and shapes that shouldn't exist, the dimness of the Enginarium no longer an obstacle to his sight or his VARG's sensors. While he wasn't entirely sure of what is or isn't real with his powers going out of control as a large gaggle of the amorphous colors rapidly approached, the sounds of damage alerts blaring out from his console showed that this is no hallucination and that he is indeed under attack.

Mazin Kiryu

Notorious
Stella directs her gaze at Kane at being questioned. Eye contact makes it clearer to the Mazinger pilot that the woman had a very dull look in her eyes, leaving one with a nagging feeling that she is looking through people rather than at them. "The eyes are a window to a person's soul." as the saying went, but behind those windows, it seems as though there's nobody home...

"No, you're mistaken. I am native to this Earth, but I can see why you'd think that way."

Bob cuts in.

"Yeah, it wasn't always like this; we all just got used to whatever this new messed up world throws at us and carried on. Human adaptability, am I right?"

"...As Bob so succinctly put it. Yes."

Then Shinkai says his piece.

"New and very unfriendly. I don't know if you two were already told or noticed, but the entire human race is on a war footing."

"Unfriendly? I'd have much stronger words for than just "unfriendly" for a bunch of two-bit evil aliens and megalomaniacal madmen straight out of comic serials."

"Which megalomaniacal madmen? The eco-terrorists or the ones leading the off-brand version of SHOCKER?"

"...Both I guess? Also, the hell is SHOCKER?"

With the way Shinkai spoke of those madmen, one can clearly tell he had quite the sore spot regarding them judging from the bitterness in the young man's voice.
Kane listen to their story as this sounded something that would had happened in his world if Dr Hell won.

“Damn, so it contact fighting each day and trying to survive? I can’t image a world like that.. but I can’t say much when in my world, we almost face a similar fate thanks to a Nazi Scientist and l Hades, but my Uncle and father stop them thanks to the Mazinger who are possibly either your world last weapons to help humanity, or their destroyer”

Kane said as he went to drink slowly before sighing, while thinking of the peaceful time that was happening over there.

TrickOLF

Kane watch the whole scene happening, as soon both of them took their seats, he simply spoke.

“It fine if we have company, I don’t mind really but even our situation and time, a discussion like this would have suited best outside at lunch and maybe a walk or talk about current state of this world problem.”

As he then stare at Stella, his eye staring before he went to eat more of the roll and then swallow.

“Your like us aren’t you? Not from this world?” He said, asking the question as he though maybe a conversation could kill time while they eat.

Stella directs her gaze at Kane at being questioned. Eye contact makes it clearer to the Mazinger pilot that the woman had a very dull look in her eyes, leaving one with a nagging feeling that she is looking through people rather than at them. "The eyes are a window to a person's soul." as the saying went, but behind those windows, it seems as though there's nobody home...

"No, you're mistaken. I am native to this Earth, but I can see why you'd think that way."

Bob cuts in.

"Yeah, it wasn't always like this; we all just got used to whatever this new messed up world throws at us and carried on. Human adaptability, am I right?"

"...As Bob so succinctly put it. Yes."

Then Shinkai says his piece.

"New and very unfriendly. I don't know if you two were already told or noticed, but the entire human race is on a war footing."

"Unfriendly? I'd have much stronger words for than just "unfriendly" for a bunch of two-bit evil aliens and megalomaniacal madmen straight out of comic serials."

"Which megalomaniacal madmen? The eco-terrorists or the ones leading the off-brand version of SHOCKER?"

"...Both I guess? Also, the hell is SHOCKER?"

With the way Shinkai spoke of those madmen, one can clearly tell he had quite the sore spot regarding them judging from the bitterness in the young man's voice.
Kane listen to their story as this sounded something that would had happened in his world if Dr Hell won.

“Damn, so it contact fighting each day and trying to survive? I can’t image a world like that.. but I can’t say much when in my world, we almost face a similar fate thanks to a Nazi Scientist and l Hades, but my Uncle and father stop them thanks to the Mazinger who are possibly either your world last weapons to help humanity, or their destroyer”

Kane said as he went to drink slowly before sighing, while thinking of the peaceful time that was happening over there.
It was then that I was about to pipe in to the conversation, but I decided not to.

As much as I was a fan of Rider, I didn't want to go on a full rant against them not knowing about SHOCKER.

Still, though, this is peak anime moment right here, but hey, at least we're having fun right.

Cavaliere

Notorious

"The fiends are coming."

Meanwhile, Kazuki and Liam would find their senses overwhelmed by not only the cacophony caused by the horde of daemons bearing down on their location but also of the intense hatred and killing intent projected by the hellspawn. They want their souls and want them bad.

As Liam was trying to find his way out of the ship, the Null's cameras catches glimpses of several shadowy forms darting about in the darkness at the very edge of its vision, the shapes thankfully much smaller than the Knight that jumped them earlier; but the sheer number of them does little to assuage the foreboding sensation in the scientist's spine. Then all of a sudden, a small flock of stingray-like monstrosities the size of small cars drops in from up on high and tries to chew into the Gundam's head, neck, and upper body with diamond-hard fangs.

Meanwhile, Kazuki's eyes began to throb, worsening the headache he was already experiencing from the screeching demons and giving him the mother of all migraines as his psychic vision began showing him colors and shapes that shouldn't exist, the dimness of the Enginarium no longer an obstacle to his sight or his VARG's sensors. While he wasn't entirely sure of what is or isn't real with his powers going out of control as a large gaggle of the amorphous colors rapidly approached, the sounds of damage alerts blaring out from his console showed that this is no hallucination and that he is indeed under attack.
William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>
Calling the inside of the ship quiet was a misnomer.

While no sound carried in the air and the microphones picked nothing, there was a heaviness in the air, a discomfort of knowing that something unreal was there and not knowing how to deal with it.
The inhabitant of Valrin's dimension had probably sermons dedicated to the feel, alongside a handy list of possible responses that most likely ended with "Slaughter this one too".

Liam was moving the Null to join the rest of the crew outside, but the uneasy feeling made him lag behind beside the purple Machine, distracted by the damage logs from the Gundam's mangled arm.
He didn't see them until it was almost too late.

"Great Scott!" Rotating the shoulder join, the limp arm smacked on the flying monsters as the CWIS flared to life, shooting the demons as they came to him again.

The Ancient Purple

@The Ancient Purple @Crimson Dragoon @Sigismund @Cavaliere

While Daniel and Valrin were left unmolested by the daemons on their way out of the enginarium, likely due to the warpspawn fearing the Mechanicum Questor's psionic might and his Knight's protective wards. However, the Magos did not accompany the Questor to the exit; his reason being that the two other members of the quartet were yet unaccounted for. While had no real reason to risk himself doing so, he dismounted the Ignus regardless and quickly made his way to the nearest of the two: The Null.

While his behavior was odd, Valren could tell from the psionic cues the Magos was giving off that the machine cultist was prepared to die. Not at all a cause for alarm as any servant of the inquisition would have such a mindset, but the thing to note was that the Magos was going to do so at this very moment... Is he planning to go out with the Mercury?

William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>

While no sound carried in the air and the microphones picked nothing, there was a heaviness in the air, a discomfort of knowing that something unreal was there and not knowing how to deal with it.
The inhabitant of Valrin's dimension had probably sermons dedicated to the feel, alongside a handy list of possible responses that most likely ended with "Slaughter this one too".

Liam was moving the Null to join the rest of the crew outside, but the uneasy feeling made him lag behind beside the purple Machine, distracted by the damage logs from the Gundam's mangled arm.

"Great Scott!" Rotating the shoulder join, the limp arm smacked on the flying monsters as the CWIS flared to life, shooting the demons as they came to him again.
"Oh... God. Fucking. Dammit!"

Kazuki choked out a series of guttural cries of pain as his mind and head burned from their very cores at the face of such a psionic onslaught he had never before faced. Yet, the movement of his hands and fingers on the Shibuki's controls remained undeterred as his machine swung about its limbs and ran for it, stepping on and swatting away the "shapes" attacking his VARG, causing their amorphous forms to scatter and fade like smoke and for the damage alerts to steadily reduce in frequency. His eyebrows frowned, eyelids hard pressed against his throbbing eyes as if trying to soothe them, to no avail. With danger threatening to advance from every direction and cut him off all exits at any moment, he knew he had to act using his genetically gifted resilience to defy the odds and make a clean escape.

The prospect of having to find a way out of a gigantic ship's hallways with little to no indication of where to go was no problem. However, it was one of the things he was trained for. Kazuki took a deep breath through his nose, and exhaled through his mouth. Keeping a constant pace to calm his nerves and to try and focus his assailed mind into a semi-meditative state, to aid in filtering out the sensory overload and illusions to stay focused on what is real and what isn't. Only then, would he have a chance to escape.

As the Shibuki ran through the enginarium's halls, trusting in his machine's guidance and sensors that the path revealed to him would not lead him astray and towards salvation all while avoiding the slavering hordes of hellspawn hot on his heels, Kazuki attempted to reach out to Liam using his radio, a voice other than the screaming and hunger is just what he needs, a lighthouse in this storm of madness.

"Holy hell... Are you alright? We need to get out of here...! Now!"

sir_fire

Distinguished
William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>

Kazuki choked out a series of guttural cries of pain as his mind and head burned from their very cores at the face of such a psionic onslaught he had never before faced. Yet, the movement of his hands and fingers on the Shibuki's controls remained undeterred as his machine swung about its limbs and ran for it, stepping on and swatting away the "shapes" attacking his VARG, causing their amorphous forms to scatter and fade like smoke and for the damage alerts to steadily reduce in frequency. His eyebrows frowned, eyelids hard pressed against his throbbing eyes as if trying to soothe them, to no avail. With danger threatening to advance from every direction and cut him off all exits at any moment, he knew he had to act using his genetically gifted resilience to defy the odds and make a clean escape.

The prospect of having to find a way out of a gigantic ship's hallways with little to no indication of where to go was no problem. However, it was one of the things he was trained for. Kazuki took a deep breath through his nose, and exhaled through his mouth. Keeping a constant pace to calm his nerves and to try and focus his assailed mind into a semi-meditative state, to aid in filtering out the sensory overload and illusions to stay focused on what is real and what isn't. Only then, would he have a chance to escape.

As the Shibuki ran through the enginarium's halls, trusting in his machine's guidance and sensors that the path revealed to him would not lead him astray and towards salvation all while avoiding the slavering hordes of hellspawn hot on his heels, Kazuki attempted to reach out to Liam using his radio, a voice other than the screaming and hunger is just what he needs, a lighthouse in this storm of madness.

The rays were shockingly fragile despite their size, easily breaking apart into multicolored clouds of dots even with the Null's feeble, limp-wristed flailing or outright vanishing into nothingness the moment the CIWS fire touched the fiends. It didn't take long for Liam to be rid of the devilfish, as, in their hunger and desperation, they refused to relent in their attempt to get to the tasty soul waiting inside the giant metal golem, latching tightly onto the Null like ticks and chewing into its armor at a worrisome rate rather than ripping away at it in repeated passes like the swordfish their forms bear a semblance to.

Why would they go so far just to claim his single soul? Perhaps they cannot leave the confines of the ship? Further conjecture will have to wait, however, as the other hellspawn took advantage of the distraction offered by the devilfish and clambered onto the Null's legs. These fiends bearing humanoid form this time, but only just, as the morass of misshapen, discolored things of flesh, bone, and chitin steadily climbing up the Gundam cannot be mistaken for anything other than horrific abominations borne from the deepest nightmares of man. The sight was bad enough, capable of fraying one's sanity. But the noise of it all? The racket that is heard not by the ears but by the soul?

HIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOULHIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOULHIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOUL...!

RIP AND TEAR THE MEAT FROM THE SHELL!!!

SPREAD THE TAINT, ROT HIS GOLEM.

Get out of my way! It is my destiny to claim him!

How exhilarating~! To be desired by so many! Including yours truly!

FInding Liam under attack by a veritable mob of the hellspawn clawing their way up towards the Null's cockpit in a scene out of Gulliver's Travels but in a horrific parody of the classic tale. This time though, Kazuki can now see the creatures for what they truly are with his own eyes; human only in shape and relative size yet monstrous and ugly in every other way, the young psion will either have to be careful with his gunfire so as to avoid needlessly damaging his comrade's machine or simply charge in with wild abandon and help Liam physically brush the fiends off his Gundam.

sir_fire

Distinguished

It was then that I was about to pipe in to the conversation, but I decided not to.

As much as I was a fan of Rider, I didn't want to go on a full rant against them not knowing about SHOCKER.

Still, though, this is peak anime moment right here, but hey, at least we're having fun right.
The trio looked a bit confused and somewhat disbelieving at Kane's mention of Nazis, but decided not to act upon their curiosity out of respect for the Mazinger pilot's plight. The first to respond to Kane's rather somber tale was Bob.

"We wish we had a wonderweapon like your Mazinger that could just solve all of our problems... I'd say that this is reality, but that phrase kinda falls flat given what you outworlders are."

Stella's dull gaze casts downwards for a moment, and her stern expression becomes rather fragile-looking for a split second before she reasserts herself, banishing the moment of weakness, however brief it was.

"Yeah, a wonderweapon is just what mankind needs, but not for lack of trying mind you..."

Shinkai and Bob were not blind to Stella's stoic facade cracking for a moment. As much as he enjoys messing with Stella, mainly to make her lighten up and vent some of her stress every once in a while, Bob did at least have the good sense of not saying anything on the matter. He knew when to stop. On the other hand, Shinkai once again puts his charm to use to cheer his partner up.

"Perhaps that wonderweapon we just need is right around the corner." He cheerfully responds.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The- Those machines have yet to be truly put to the test in realistic combat scenarios."

Stella replied, with an overall more grounded and down-to-earth tone, she almost let slip the "secret" weapon they were here to test to a bunch of outworlders who knew nothing of their little project.

"But that's where we come in right? We have to be the best that we can be, if not for us then for all the people who need something to believe in."

"Well... At least we can strive to be better. Better than the Getter Corps at least."

Bob, however...

"Aw hell no! I ain't hearing none of that, even from you princess! If it wasn't for Hayato's crew, then everyone here would be in some god-forsaken dino death camp by now!"

"Yet they saved us by scorching the earth with Getter Rays, on land that we needed."

"Beats whatever the lizards did to Italy and Yugoslavia with their machines. You can just tell that shit is not natural, even from a bird's eye view."

Shinkai decides to intercede, adding his own stance to the conversation.

"I'm with Stella here, while the Getter Corps do good. They tend to be uncooperative, even at the best of times..."

Bob remained firm on his defense of the Saotome Labs' fighting force.

"Well, how'd you feel if you were told to go send your very expensive and very rare super robots to fight a bunch of space bugs with laser beams that make your speed and armor almost meaningless? If it were me, I'd rather stick to fighting the enemy I know and whose kryptonite I have powering my mechs."

This time it was Shinkai's turn to look confused at Bob's pop culture reference.

"...Kryptonite?"

"Basically something's one true weakness. Like the wicked witch and water or Stella and Maca-"

Then the aforementioned Stella moved far faster than what a proclaimed desk jockey like her has any right to be, her hand striking out like a viper towards Bob's ear and grasping with great force.

"Owowowow!!!"

Shinkai looked quite shocked at Stella's sudden act of violence but quickly resolved to save his friend, he was about to plead with her to let their pilot go, but his words got caught in his throat upon seeing the utterly murderous look the Operator had, her malice and killing intent focused solely on Bob. Finding discretion to be the better part of valor, the young pilot wisely decided not to intercede... Alone at least.

Looking towards Tyzell and Kane, Shinkai's desperate expression and eyes screamed: "Help him!"

Mazin Kiryu

Notorious
The trio looked a bit confused and somewhat disbelieving at Kane's mention of Nazis, but decided not to act upon their curiosity out of respect for the Mazinger pilot's plight. The first to respond to Kane's rather somber tale was Bob.

"We wish we had a wonderweapon like your Mazinger that could just solve all of our problems... I'd say that this is reality, but that phrase kinda falls flat given what you outworlders are."

Stella's dull gaze casts downwards for a moment, and her stern expression becomes rather fragile-looking for a split second before she reasserts herself, banishing the moment of weakness, however brief it was.

"Yeah, a wonderweapon is just what mankind needs, but not for lack of trying mind you..."

Shinkai and Bob were not blind to Stella's stoic facade cracking for a moment. As much as he enjoys messing with Stella, mainly to make her lighten up and vent some of her stress every once in a while, Bob did at least have the good sense of not saying anything on the matter. He knew when to stop. On the other hand, Shinkai once again puts his charm to use to cheer his partner up.

"Perhaps that wonderweapon we just need is right around the corner." He cheerfully responds.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The- Those machines have yet to be truly put to the test in realistic combat scenarios."

Stella replied, with an overall more grounded and down-to-earth tone, she almost let slip the "secret" weapon they were here to test to a bunch of outworlders who knew nothing of their little project.

"But that's where we come in right? We have to be the best that we can be, if not for us then for all the people who need something to believe in."

"Well... At least we can strive to be better. Better than the Getter Corps at least."

Bob, however...

"Aw hell no! I ain't hearing none of that, even from you princess! If it wasn't for Hayato's crew, then everyone here would be in some god-forsaken dino death camp by now!"

"Yet they saved us by scorching the earth with Getter Rays, on land that we needed."

"Beats whatever the lizards did to Italy and Yugoslavia with their machines. You can just tell that shit is not natural, even from a bird's eye view."

"I'm with Stella here, while the Getter Corps do good. They tend to be uncooperative, even at the best of times..."

"Well, how'd you feel if you were told to go send your very expensive and very rare super robots to fight a bunch of space bugs with laser beams that make your speed and armor almost meaningless? If it were me, I'd rather stick to fighting the enemy I know and whose kryptonite I have powering my mechs."

This time it was Shinkai's turn to look confused at Bob's pop culture reference.

"...Kryptonite?"

"Basically something's one true weakness. Like the wicked witch and water or Stella and Maca-"

Then the aforementioned Stella moved far faster than what a proclaimed desk jockey like her has any right to be, her hand striking out like a viper towards Bob's ear and grasping with great force.

"Owowowow!!!"

Shinkai looked quite shocked at Stella's sudden act of violence but quickly resolved to save his friend, he was about to plead with her to let their pilot go, but his words got caught in his throat upon seeing the utterly murderous look the Operator had, her malice and killing intent focused solely on Bob. Finding discretion to be the better part of valor, the young pilot wisely decided not to intercede... Alone at least.

Looking towards Tyzell and Kane, Shinkai's desperate expression and eyes screamed: "Help him!"
Kane stare at Shinkai call for help and then stare at Stella pinching Bob ear, as he stare back at Shinkai.

“He gonna be fine, it just a simple ear pinch” Kane said as he went to resume finishing his meal, before making a comment.

“Careful with your wording Shinkai unless you want the same thing happening to you”

Last edited:

TrickOLF

Bob, however...

"...Kryptonite?"

"Owowowow!!!"

Kane stare at Shinkai call for help and then stare at Stella pinching Bob ear, as he stare back at Shinkai.

“He gonna be fine, it just a simple ear pinch” Kane said as he went to resume finishing his meal, before making a comment.

“Careful with your wording Shinkai unless you want the same thing happening to you”

I simply chuckled.

"Eh, Mazingers being wonderweapons is quite a statement. You could say, all super robots are, in their own way." I say.

"All depends on the user piloting them."

And that goes true for all robots, really.

And then again, another anime moment happened.

"I am not dealing with a tsun-tsun. That's asking for trouble."

The Ancient Purple

The rays were shockingly fragile despite their size, easily breaking apart into multicolored clouds of dots even with the Null's feeble, limp-wristed flailing or outright vanishing into nothingness the moment the CIWS fire touched the fiends. It didn't take long for Liam to be rid of the devilfish, as, in their hunger and desperation, they refused to relent in their attempt to get to the tasty soul waiting inside the giant metal golem, latching tightly onto the Null like ticks and chewing into its armor at a worrisome rate rather than ripping away at it in repeated passes like the swordfish their forms bear a semblance to.

Why would they go so far just to claim his single soul? Perhaps they cannot leave the confines of the ship? Further conjecture will have to wait, however, as the other hellspawn took advantage of the distraction offered by the devilfish and clambered onto the Null's legs. These fiends bearing humanoid form this time, but only just, as the morass of misshapen, discolored things of flesh, bone, and chitin steadily climbing up the Gundam cannot be mistaken for anything other than horrific abominations borne from the deepest nightmares of man. The sight was bad enough, capable of fraying one's sanity. But the noise of it all? The racket that is heard not by the ears but by the soul?

HIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOULHIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOULHIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOUL HIS SOUL...!

FInding Liam under attack by a veritable mob of the hellspawn clawing their way up towards the Null's cockpit in a scene out of Gulliver's Travels but in a horrific parody of the classic tale. This time though, Kazuki can now see the creatures for what they truly are with his own eyes; human only in shape and relative size yet monstrous and ugly in every other way, the young psion will either have to be careful with his gunfire so as to avoid needlessly damaging his comrade's machine or simply charge in with wild abandon and help Liam physically brush the fiends off his Gundam.
As he's gotten a solid hold of himself, as well as properly regulating his psychic energy output, Kazuki's mind wrestled against the mild confusion and the blaring headache with much greater success after he had found a proper exit route to bolt into. That is, only after he properly assessed the situation with the other man also left behind: William 'Liam' Tinmall. And so he did. The Shibuki's cameras were turned over it's own shoulder to take a look at the Null.

The creatures still swarmed the machine relentlessly. Kazuki felt compelled to help. One of his hands began to move towards the controls as if to prompt his VARG to draw the plasma blade and get in close and personal to help Liam, but... The chances of excessively large collateral damage were way too great. The assault rifle was not a good option either, since the creatures latching onto the Null were way too small and he didn't appear too confident on his psychic abilities to guide his aim proper in this situation.

On the lack of better ideas...

Kazuki once more considered his options until he's... Remembered something. A certain feature of his VARG's gun. The Shibuki quickly brought it's assault rifle to the front of the main cameras, granting Kazuki a solid view of what he was doing. With manual work, the VARG pulled out an incendiary shell from the Sieger's sub-firing feature and partially ripped the front of the shell apart to gain access into it's interior components. As the Shibuki began to approach Null, an index finger was hard pushed inside of the shell to open up a hole on the flammable composite container, a liquid of poorly understood yet highly flammable chemical composites.

The rifle was put away to make one of the VARG's hands completely free. Reaching within only a few feet away from Null, the Shibuki squeezed the back of the incendiary shell towards the allied mech. The compression resulted in the vast majority of the flammable composite container's liquid contents being sprayed and spilled on top of the Null's armor alloy surface, only reasonably sparing the right arm. And some of the contents spilled on the floor.

Then, the tampered incendiary shell was then slammed on top of the Null's left shoulder. The shell broke and shattered completely, but not without first sparking and emanating a sudden jolt of blue flame on the Null's now very flammable armor alloy. The end result was a small flickering spark that sets the other machine's armor ablaze in a mere instant to burn down the creatures latching onto it, save for the right arm, which the Shibuki got a hold of in order to try and hard tug the flaming Null towards the exit, likely leaving a trail of flames behind on the floor to hinder pursuers if they moved.

Cavaliere

Notorious

As he's gotten a solid hold of himself, as well as properly regulating his psychic energy output, Kazuki's mind wrestled against the mild confusion and the blaring headache with much greater success after he had found a proper exit route to bolt into. That is, only after he properly assessed the situation with the other man also left behind: William 'Liam' Tinmall. And so he did. The Shibuki's cameras were turned over it's own shoulder to take a look at the Null.

The creatures still swarmed the machine relentlessly. Kazuki felt compelled to help. One of his hands began to move towards the controls as if to prompt his VARG to draw the plasma blade and get in close and personal to help Liam, but... The chances of excessively large collateral damage were way too great. The assault rifle was not a good option either, since the creatures latching onto the Null were way too small and he didn't appear too confident on his psychic abilities to guide his aim proper in this situation.

Kazuki once more considered his options until he's... Remembered something. A certain feature of his VARG's gun. The Shibuki quickly brought it's assault rifle to the front of the main cameras, granting Kazuki a solid view of what he was doing. With manual work, the VARG pulled out an incendiary shell from the Sieger's sub-firing feature and partially ripped the front of the shell apart to gain access into it's interior components. As the Shibuki began to approach Null, an index finger was hard pushed inside of the shell to open up a hole on the flammable composite container, a liquid of poorly understood yet highly flammable chemical composites.

The rifle was put away to make one of the VARG's hands completely free. Reaching within only a few feet away from Null, the Shibuki squeezed the back of the incendiary shell towards the allied mech. The compression resulted in the vast majority of the flammable composite container's liquid contents being sprayed and spilled on top of the Null's armor alloy surface, only reasonably sparing the right arm. And some of the contents spilled on the floor.

Then, the tampered incendiary shell was then slammed on top of the Null's left shoulder. The shell broke and shattered completely, but not without first sparking and emanating a sudden jolt of blue flame on the Null's now very flammable armor alloy. The end result was a small flickering spark that sets the other machine's armor ablaze in a mere instant to burn down the creatures latching onto it, save for the right arm, which the Shibuki got a hold of in order to try and hard tug the flaming Null towards the exit, likely leaving a trail of flames behind on the floor to hinder pursuers if they moved.
William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>
The screams of the monsters were deafening, the fact that they were literally banging at his door made the experience even more unsettling.
Liam's hands shock over the controls, pushing the various buttons to get the whole scope of the situation, but the more he read the more he understood that he was rapidly running out of options.

They were too close for the CWIS to properly work, down one arm so picking them off was just too slow. The PS armor was holding for now, but he knew that the inner frame wasn't protected by the same system so they just had to keep trying.

The daemons were getting more insisted, with voices of lust, mania, decay, and war all screaming for attention, but what finally broke Liam's spiraling thoughts was the sudden alert that his mobile suit was now on fire.

"Great Scott, what are you doing!" Liam screamed at Kazuki, concerned by the sudden act, but he may have been too hasty to get angry at the other pilot: he had doused the demons in a sticky, flammable substance that was eating them away, giving him some mobility back to try once more to get out of this situation.
With a few button presses and a push on the pedals, the Aile Striker roared to life, accelerating the Null towards the exit while the scientist inside performed bank and roll to get every last demon off the armor.

He even smashed the uncomfortable voices of the pink ones, by pickign them up and tossing them personally.
Out of the lot, those were the most disturbing.

sir_fire

Distinguished

I simply chuckled.

"Eh, Mazingers being wonderweapons is quite a statement. You could say, all super robots are, in their own way." I say.

"All depends on the user piloting them."

And that goes true for all robots, really.

And then again, another anime moment happened.

"I am not dealing with a tsun-tsun. That's asking for trouble."

Despite Bob being more than six feet tall and weighing almost 300 pounds, the burly man was at the utter mercy of the rather mousy Stella and her iron grip was not relenting at all. Despondent over his call for help being rejected, Shinkai tried to find a way to save his friend without him inadvertently becoming Stella's new focus for her wrath.

"Gah! Ow! Help Shin! She's gonna tear it off!"

"Stella, please! You're making a scene!"

Stella cranes her head to Shinkai, her stare as dead and cold as a corpse's.

"Isn't this how it usually is whenever Bob decides to string me along? I really should've started doing this ages ago."

Running out of options, Shinkai decides to deploy one of his secret weapons: Appealing to Stella's self-consciousness regarding public image and standing.

"You would do that in front of all these people? What would they think of Rayleonard? Of our company? That their representatives act like a bunch of dysfunctional children?!"

A gleam of realization dawned on the redhead's eyes, but then she sees Bob's expression of helplessness and that gleam fades away in the face something dark brimming to the surface. Something that utterly cowed Shinkai as he had seen that darkness before; in the eyes of the meanest and most sadistic drill instructors he had the displeasure of meeting during basic training.

But enough was enough.

As everyone is distracted with the scene, one of the garish cyberpunk mercenaries; a spindly tattooed man with a mohawk dressed in a yellow jacket, tight black jeans, cowboy boots, and nothing else, makes his way towards the table. He calls out to Stella in a casual but soft and collected tone, utterly at odds with his wild appearance.

"Excuse me miss, while I don't speak for the rest of the crowd, me and my colleagues can't exactly enjoy our dinner in peace and quiet with the scene you're making. So would you please take consideration of the feelings of others and peacefully resolve your inter-office conflict or take it elsewhere if such a method is no longer an option?"

Stella at first gasped, surprised at the idea that she had disturbed the relaxation of others with her actions, effectively becoming exactly like the very thing she swore to destroy: Bob. Feeling shame, especially that she was told off by someone who dresses like the punk of all people; Her pinch loosens up, but only just a little, providing Bob with much-needed relief for what it was worth.

"We're done here. But not with you."

She made the demand to Bob, not even presenting the large man with a decent opportunity to respond before she rises from her seat and walks out of the cafeteria with her grip still upon Bob's ear taking the big man in tow, the entire scene looking straight out of a grade school involving a strict teacher and a problem student. It wasn't difficult to deduct that Stella was far from finished with Bob.

"Owowowowow!"

Bob's tribulations continued as he was being dragged by the redhead, even with the clear limp in her gait; exaggerated by the use of her cane to walk straight, her grip on Bob's ear was too strong for even the big man to break out of.

Meanwhile, Shinkai at first stays near perfectly still, if a bit wide-eyed at the scene of Stella dragging Bob away. Once they were out of sight, he glanced over his shoulder towards the Mazinger duo, lightly glaring at them for letting him hang to dry before he simply sighs, and he, too, takes his leave by following after his coworkers.

Watching as the Rayleonard trio left to handle their little problem privately, the punk began to speak to nobody in particular, rather, thinking to himself aloud.

"Glad they weren't unreasonable."

With that, the punk returns to his little clique.

Last edited:

Mazin Kiryu

Notorious
Despite Bob being more than six feet tall and weighing almost 300 pounds, the burly man was at the utter mercy of the rather mousy Stella and her iron grip was not relenting at all. Despondent over his call for help being rejected, Shinkai tried to find a way to save his friend without him inadvertently becoming Stella's new focus for her wrath.

"Isn't this how it usually is whenever Bob decides to string me along? I really should've started doing this ages ago."

Running out of options, Shinkai decides to deploy one of his secret weapons: Appealing to Stella's self-consciousness regarding public image and standing.

"You would do that in front of all these people? What would they think of Rayleonard? Of our company? That their representatives act like a bunch of dysfunctional children?!"

A gleam of realization dawned on the redhead's eyes, but then she sees Bob's expression of helplessness and that gleam fades away in the face something dark brimming to the surface. Something that utterly cowed Shinkai as he had seen that darkness before; in the eyes of the meanest and most sadistic drill instructors he had the displeasure of meeting during basic training.

But enough was enough.

As everyone is distracted with the scene, one of the garish cyberpunk mercenaries; a spindly tattooed man with a mohawk dressed in a yellow jacket, tight black jeans, cowboy boots, and nothing else, makes his way towards the table. He calls out to Stella in a casual but soft and collected tone, utterly at odds with his wild appearance.

"Excuse me miss, while I don't speak for the rest of the crowd, me and my colleagues can't exactly enjoy our dinner in peace and quiet with the scene you're making. So would you please take consideration of the feelings of others and peacefully resolve your inter-office conflict or take it elsewhere if such a method is no longer an option?"

Stella at first gasped, surprised at the idea that she had disturbed the relaxation of others with her actions, effectively becoming exactly like the very thing she swore to destroy: Bob. Feeling shame, especially that she was told off by someone who dresses like the punk of all people; Her pinch loosens up, but only just a little, providing Bob with much-needed relief for what it was worth.

She made the demand to Bob, not even presenting the large man with a decent opportunity to respond before she rises from her seat and walks out of the cafeteria with her grip still upon Bob's ear taking the big man in tow, the entire scene looking straight out of a grade school involving a strict teacher and a problem student. It wasn't difficult to deduct that Stella was far from finished with Bob.

"Owowowowow!"

Bob's tribulations continued as he was being dragged by the redhead, even with the clear limp in her gait; exaggerated by the use of her cane to walk straight, her grip on Bob's ear was too strong for even the big man to break out of.

Meanwhile, Shinkai at first stays near perfectly still, if a bit wide-eyed at the scene of Stella dragging Bob away. Once they were out of sight, he glanced over his shoulder towards the Mazinger duo, lightly glaring at them for letting him hang to dry before he simply sighs, and he, too, takes his leave by following after his coworkers.

Watching as the Rayleonard trio left to handle their little problem privately, the punk began to speak to nobody in particular, rather, thinking to himself aloud.

Kane stare at the commission and how it took a punk looking man to break them up, as then Stella left with Bob, while Shinkai stare at them before leaving as he then spoke.

“Why I have a funny feeling that we gain some hatred for not helping somebody girlfriend? Then again Bob did started it given he choose to speak during lunch”

As he stood up before throwing the food tray away.

sir_fire

Distinguished
William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>
The screams of the monsters were deafening, the fact that they were literally banging at his door made the experience even more unsettling.
Liam's hands shock over the controls, pushing the various buttons to get the whole scope of the situation, but the more he read the more he understood that he was rapidly running out of options.

They were too close for the CWIS to properly work, down one arm so picking them off was just too slow. The PS armor was holding for now, but he knew that the inner frame wasn't protected by the same system so they just had to keep trying.

The daemons were getting more insisted, with voices of lust, mania, decay, and war all screaming for attention, but what finally broke Liam's spiraling thoughts was the sudden alert that his mobile suit was now on fire.

"Great Scott, what are you doing!" Liam screamed at Kazuki, concerned by the sudden act, but he may have been too hasty to get angry at the other pilot: he had doused the demons in a sticky, flammable substance that was eating them away, giving him some mobility back to try once more to get out of this situation.
With a few button presses and a push on the pedals, the Aile Striker roared to life, accelerating the Null towards the exit while the scientist inside performed bank and roll to get every last demon off the armor.

He even smashed the uncomfortable voices of the pink ones, by pickign them up and tossing them personally.
Out of the lot, those were the most disturbing.

The screeches of pain, dismay, and rage of the daemons pounded against the minds of the two pilots as they snuffed out the creatures, their forms either burning away into nothingness in the face of Kazuki's napalm bath or scattering into the aether as clouds of multicolored dots from being crushed by the Null's limbs. As painfully loud as their screams were, killing the hellspawn rewarded the pair with silence and being unmolested as they made their way towards salvation.

At the last leg of their run, however, there was one more obstacle to greet them, waiting at the entrance of the engine bays: A cloud of gigantic flies the size of pigeons and pestilence that swiftly rusted and decayed metal by mere touch if the severe discoloration of the surrounding area was any indication. The swarm didn't advance, but rather acted as a living barrier to keep the pair trapped in the enginarium for the rest of their friends to kill. And they were coming in fast if the returning voices and their steadily growing loudness was any indication...

Suddenly, there was a sharp keening noise followed by the horrible groaning of metal, by now familiar sound to Kazuki and Liam, and an auxiliary coolant tank suddenly fell right in front of the pair and burst open like a soda can; once again splashing their machines with freezing liquid, but the tank was too small and contained too little coolant to truly threaten their machines. The same cannot be said of the swarm or the disease cloud, where the mist and ice froze the infested insects and purified the pestilence with sheer cold.

"Over here Knights!"

Looking towards where the voice came from, the two would be met with the junior Magos waving at them from a ruined catwalk a few hundred yards away and with a pile of scrap parts shaped like javelins propped up on the handrail right beside him. He looked like he was getting ready to jump, likely in anticipation of landing on the waiting hands of either of the pair's machines; but then a humanoid shadow materialized behind him and ran him through with a rusted sword dripping with bile. To the Magos' credit, he didn't just keel over and die; instead, grabbing one of the scrap javelins next to him to swing towards his assailant, shattering its head and causing the rest of its decrepit body to evaporate into a greenish mist as the Magos now allowed the pain to register in his mechanical body and sunk to one knee.

But the creature was not alone, for a lanky, red-skinned demon soon came charging out of the darkness, its cloven hooves shaking the catwalk with every step before throwing itself into a jumping strike with its flaming sword in an attempt to cleave the Magos in twain, who only barely manages to avoid its murder-strike by using his scrap spear as a distraction before wrestling with the thing with both his arms and the mechanical tentacles extending from his back as it tried to get its sword unstuck from the catwalk and throwing it off, roaring in anger as it fell to its doom.

Unfortunately for the Magos, he didn't even have any time to collect himself as one of the highly feminine lust demons that Liam grew to hate pounced on him while he was distracted, mounting over his chest in a manner both predatory and sensual as it tried to cut his heart out with its razor-sharp claws, the cyborg fought back with all his sadly fading strength, flaying the succubus with his tentacles and trying to push its claws away with his hands, which only served to encourage the fiend to try harder, letting out moans of arousal in the process. Turning towards the horrified pair watching him die to such a depraved creature, the Magos screams at the top of his iron lungs.

"GO! LEAVE! I HAVE MADE MY PEACE!"

Last edited:

TrickOLF

But enough was enough.

"Owowowowow!"

Kane stare at the commission and how it took a punk looking man to break them up, as then Stella left with Bob, while Shinkai stare at them before leaving as he then spoke.

“Why I have a funny feeling that we gain some hatred for not helping somebody girlfriend? Then again Bob did started it given he choose to speak during lunch”

As he stood up before throwing the food tray away.

So a punk managed to stop the fight. And man, did the Itto looking person just used Stella's pride to his advantage?

That's not kosher, future ship participants, not kosher.

Either way, I nodded in agreement as I finished my food and put away the tray.

"Eh, let's just not focus on them for now. I've got a whole mechpiloting to learn, ya know?"

Back