Super Robot Wars: Calamitous Dawn

sir_fire

Distinguished
@Mazin Kiryu @TrickOLF

After Kane and the Rayleonard duo left the hallway, wisps of smoke began to emanate out of thin air and if anyone were nearby the distinct smell of burning plastic and paint, then a tall, armor-clad figure materializes, its back flattened against the wall as much as physically possible. Carefully removing itself as it walked over to the nearby window, vapor wafting out of its armor as pieces of burnt, molten wallpaper and plaster had gotten stuck onto its back, leaving a ghostly imprint of its silhouette upon the wall. The mysterious individual then pushes a button on its helmet to get in touch with its allies.

"This is Gungnir 8, crap hand. There's nobody worth anything here."

This is Hugin, proceed to foul the cornucopia with the rest of team 2.

"Affirmative."

Gungnir 8 ends the call as he heads for the window he had opened earlier and began to climb out of it.

"Right, spit into their freaking food... Who's the smartass who comes up with these codewords anyway?"

Closing the window on his way out, this time much more carefully and quietly than earlier; the infiltrator makes a controlled fall back to ground level, landing with a shockingly low amount of noise as it vanishes from sight, just as the entrance doors creak open and out comes Tyzell and Kane stepping into the cold night.

The Ancient Purple

Carefully making their way towards where the disturbance came from, Shinkai and Kane kept their eyes peeled for anything even slightly out of place.

"I'm going to take a guess that this is exactly why you're awake."

Eventually reaching the corridor where the noise came from, situated at the front portion of the Hotel; the two young pilots find... An utterly empty and lifeless corridor, utterly silent; where not even the sounds of the sleeping occupants can be heard coming from behind the doors and the base outside is the same as it ever had been. In all, there's absolutely nothing wrong or out of the ordinary with the scene before them, and yet...

"Ok, now I'm convinced..."

Feeling an utterly oppressive sense of unease and tension to the point that he was instinctively controlling his breathing, Shinkai pressed forward regardless albeit in a very slow and deliberate manner, as if afraid that if he wasn't giving his entire attention to his surroundings; something just might jump out of some darkened, unseen corner of the hallway and attack either him or Kane. But suddenly, out of the darkness ahead...

"What in the world are you two doing?"

Barely suppressing a very unmanly scream of shock and surprise, Shinkai whips his head towards the voice: His partner Stella; also wearing the same clothes she wore when they arrived and having a look of both confusion and dismay on her face.

"You scared the crap out of me!"

"I was right in front of you, but you were too busy looking at the floor for whatever reason."

The young pilot was about to retort, but then the tension and unease he felt earlier were all gone now and everything seemed a bit less oppressively dim, enough for him to lighten up his demeanor a bit.

"E-enough about that, why are you up too?"

"Couldn't sleep. Thought that maybe a short walk was what I needed."

"How were you so quiet even with that cane?"

"Practice."

Shinkai facepalms before Stella tells them something very strange.

"By the way, have you two noticed that parts of the base had gone dark?"

Hearing that, Shinkai gets a rather serious expression on his face.

"No, but that doesn't sound right at all."

"Indeed, they'd have told us if there would be any scheduled maintenance or some sort of power rotation scheme for the night."

Looking outside, Shinkai and Kane would notice that portions of the base had indeed lost power; but the areas that had gone dark were very suspicious.

"The Hangar and runway area... No, not just them, places leading there. You think we're under attack?"

"Regardless, we need to secure our most valuable assets."

"Right, Let's go get Bob. Kane? You better grab Tyzell too, we shouldn't be alone."

With that, the Rayleonard employees went off to fetch their third wheel.

The purple haired woman had barely parted with her associate just now. Inquietitude shrouds her mind with no explanation. The tingling sensation of cold sweat dripping from her forehead and running down her brow reflexively forced her to wipe it off with her hand. Looking out of a window, she caught a corner glimpse of a set of lights suddenly going off. Her face contorted and eyes blinked with suspicious doubt.

Helen remained froze in place for five seconds, until finally snapping back to reality by shaking her head. Gaze now turned back towards this hallway. The feeling of uneasiness was amping up fast. And so she backtracks her way with a fast pace, looking for that guard. Perhaps she could formulate an excuse to have him keep her company even if just for a while.

Judging by his route, he must have probably went outside. The door was left open after all. Following her hunch, Helen approached the open door and leaned outside to see if she could find him there.

"Hello?"

Dead silence only met Helen despite having only left the guard to his devices moments ago, the uneasiness and anxiety she felt quickly becoming a sinking feeling, an inexplicable sense of isolation and vulnerability setting as she pressed forwards in hopes of finding any sign of the soldier. Suddenly, something bumps against Helen's foot and looking down, a tide of bile suddenly rose up to the test pilot's throat as she beheld the decapitated head of that same guard she was looking for, his face frozen in a silent, choked yell of terror. Even with the nausea, the fear and the shock, something inside Helen told her to immediately duck her head and duck she did, which was then followed up by the sensation of wind grazing just above her scalp and a puff of torn strands of hair fluttering right in front of eyes, purple strands. Her hair.

As the lucky pilot immediately darted back the way she came from in a mad, disorganized sprint, a series of heavy footsteps were coming from behind her and if Helen were to gather the courage to look back, she would be met with a translucent shape warping and twisting the very air around it before stabilizing to form a vaguely humanoid shape, one that was gaining on her and fast. Apparently whatever cloak of invisibility her assailant had wasn't capable of coping with the abrupt, explosive movement and motion of sprinting as it chased after Helen.

"Gungnir 3, I've got a witness. Currently moving to intercept." The pursuer spoke.

"Gungnir 1, copy. Team 1, keep vigilance. Team 2, prepare for the show."

It didn't sound like it was alone. While her heart started beating fast enough to the point that it might explode and her panic growing worse at the prospect of encountering another one of those things, the primal instinct of fear being the body's natural physical and mental response at the very least caused her senses to sharpen to a razor's edge and the rush of adrenaline woke her like the coldest of showers as her legs carried her as fast and far as they could take her. Where? Anywhere far away from any of those monsters!

TrickOLF

“Unknown at the current moment, the base is quiet, and the only other people that know of this situation at the moment are Shinkai, Stella, and soon Bob, so our objective is try to reach Great and Z and maybe wake the whole base up that way, if I’m right then the enemy may have already dealt with the com center, gotta cut your enemy chances afterall”

Kane said as he went to put on his pilot suit vest and gear, cracking his neck and readying to leave the dorm room with Tyzell.

"Oh goody." I lamented as I wore my full clothing and complement scarf.

"Let's go."
@Mazin Kiryu @TrickOLF

After Kane and the Rayleonard duo left the hallway, wisps of smoke began to emanate out of thin air and if anyone were nearby the distinct smell of burning plastic and paint, then a tall, armor-clad figure materializes, its back flattened against the wall as much as physically possible. Carefully removing itself as it walked over to the nearby window, vapor wafting out of its armor as pieces of burnt, molten wallpaper and plaster had gotten stuck onto its back, leaving a ghostly imprint of its silhouette upon the wall. The mysterious individual then pushes a button on its helmet to get in touch with its allies.

"Affirmative."

Gungnir 8 ends the call as he heads for the window he had opened earlier and began to climb out of it.

"Right, spit into their freaking food... Who's the smartass who comes up with these codewords anyway?"

Closing the window on his way out, this time much more carefully and quietly than earlier; the infiltrator makes a controlled fall back to ground level, landing with a shockingly low amount of noise as it vanishes from sight, just as the entrance doors creak open and out comes Tyzell and Kane stepping into the cold night.

It was then that we got out to...nothing?

That's sus...hella sus.

sir_fire

Distinguished
Extracting Kazuki's VARG out of the divot it had dug with its face as the young psion found himself unable to do so alone, the quartet made haste to clear the minimum safe distance and once they did, were surprised to find out how little time they had left before the Magos' timer counted down to zero.

Moments later, the small group of survivors would be greeted to a most unforgettable sight: The birth of a second sun upon the surface of the unknown planet, the blinding flash along with the rising mushroom cloud, and the booming shockwave kicking up a massive dust storm making for a worthy funeral pyre for the Mercury's Alacrity; purging all traces of the taint and the abominations that had taken the lives of its crew and had infested it like the loathsome parasites that they are in the cleansing light and fire of the sun its heart had brought into this world.

As the light and heat began to die down and the dust storm passed by the survivors, a deep silence fell amongst the group; with only the howling desert wind in the background. Then the quiet was suddenly broken when one of the surviving crewmen began to sing.

"Oh, I bid farewell to the port and the land..."

The man was worn and aged. As evidenced by his thick beard heavily accentuated with grey hair, his rugged and wrinkled skin, his coarse voice. As he sang the first line of the melody, all of the other former inhabitants of the now destroyed ship stared over.

"And I sail away from Holy Terra's gilded spires..." He continued.

In a heartfelt moment, it was as if their hearts resonated as one, pulled together by the melody and the unfortunate grief of having lost the home they had known for the better parts of their lives and for some, the only one they ever truly called their own. Little by little, a small choir begins to pick up in perfect unison to mourn.

"To search for my long ago fallen brothers
To search for the place I hear all souls end

As the souls of the dead fill the space of my mind
I'll search without sleeping til' peace I can find
I fear not the daemon, I fear not the warp
I remember the fallen, do they think of me?
When their souls in the void, forever will be"

The size of the choir increases with more voices joining into the melodic harmony.

"Plot a course to the dark, to a where the light does not reach
To a place where my hope died along with my crew
So I swallow my grief and face the Emperor's test
To find promise of peace and the solace of rest

As the souls of the dead fill the space of my ears
Their laughter like bells, their beckoning cheers
My heart longs to join them, sing praises to Him

Then several more, including the dour-looking crew with the heavy armor and weapons as more than half of the survivors now sung an impromptu dirge for their ship and dead comrades.

"When at last, before the honored dead I stand
I shed a small tear for my home upon land
Though their eyes speak of depths filled with terror and strife
Their smiles below say I don't owe them my life

Soon the entire surviving crew of the Mercury's Alacrity had all begun to sing as one, including the Junior Officer, who had taken to leading the choir with his booming yet surprisingly tender voice.

As the souls of the dead fill the space of my eyes
And my ship listed over and tried to capsize
I'm this close to falling, this far from the light
I remember the living, do they think of me?
When my soul in the void, forever will be"

Now that I'm staring down at the darkest abyss
I'm not sure what I want, but I don't think it's this
As my brothers call to stand fast and forge on
I make sail for the light until the darkness has gone

As the souls of the dead live fore'er in my mind
As I live all the years that they left me behind
I'll stay on the shore but still gaze at the stars
I remember the fallen and they think of me
For our souls in the void, together we'll be"

For our souls in the void
Together we'll be"

Mournful, silent tears were shed by the survivors. Several members of the crew slowly banded together, sharing several hugs and words of comfort amongst themselves, their emotions uncharacteristically open to all who witnessed. Such was their grief and anguish over living when so many others, far worthier had died.

Yet despite their sorrow, there it was clear that there was a glint of hope and faith in their hearts, eternally thankful that the Emperor had saved them through the four knights that had miraculously come to their aid. With their tears dried, the survivors rose their heads into the sky with purpose, fiery determination, and drive in their still misty eyes. They would not waste the opportunity and grace that the Emperor gave them. They will live on.

Then from the skies, a distant sign of that hope the survivors needed began to approach.

Cresting over the morning horizon was a warship, absolutely puny by the standards of the 41st millennium but of a far more comfortable size and scale to the sensibilities of Liam and Daniel. Sailing across the air with the same ease as a galley would against a calm sea, the ship; colored in an eye-catching white, red, and gray had speed that matched its size and sleek form, taking only a short while for it to be right upon the smoldering ruins of the Mercury's crash site as radar and laser rangefinders scanned the area for survivors or anything of note that wasn't already reduced into blackened slag.

As the ship began to circle the crash site, the quartet would be picking up a radio transmission coming from it; over an open channel. The voice over the line sounded rather stern and uncompromising despite being that of a fairly young-sounding woman.

"Attention any surviving occupants and crew of the unknown vessel. This is the Ceran Navy. If you can hear us. Please respond, we are here to help."

To the weary observers, they would notice the ship's actions matched what was said over the radio As the vessel's weapons batteries were at rest and it didn't look concerned with finding an attack angle at all.

Sigismund

Extracting Kazuki's VARG out of the divot it had dug with its face as the young psion found himself unable to do so alone, the quartet made haste to clear the minimum safe distance and once they did, were surprised to find out how little time they had left before the Magos' timer counted down to zero.

Moments later, the small group of survivors would be greeted to a most unforgettable sight: The birth of a second sun upon the surface of the unknown planet, the blinding flash along with the rising mushroom cloud, and the booming shockwave kicking up a massive dust storm making for a worthy funeral pyre for the Mercury's Alacrity; purging all traces of the taint and the abominations that had taken the lives of its crew and had infested it like the loathsome parasites that they are in the cleansing light and fire of the sun its heart had brought into this world.

As the light and heat began to die down and the dust storm passed by the survivors, a deep silence fell amongst the group; with only the howling desert wind in the background. Then the quiet was suddenly broken when one of the surviving crewmen began to sing.

The man was worn and aged. As evidenced by his thick beard heavily accentuated with grey hair, his rugged and wrinkled skin, his coarse voice. As he sang the first line of the melody, all of the other former inhabitants of the now destroyed ship stared over.

In a heartfelt moment, it was as if their hearts resonated as one, pulled together by the melody and the unfortunate grief of having lost the home they had known for the better parts of their lives and for some, the only one they ever truly called their own. Little by little, a small choir begins to pick up in perfect unison to mourn.

The size of the choir increases with more voices joining into the melodic harmony.

Then several more, including the dour-looking crew with the heavy armor and weapons as more than half of the survivors now sung an impromptu dirge for their ship and dead comrades.

Soon the entire surviving crew of the Mercury's Alacrity had all begun to sing as one, including the Junior Officer, who had taken to leading the choir with his booming yet surprisingly tender voice.

Together we'll be"

Mournful, silent tears were shed by the survivors. Several members of the crew slowly banded together, sharing several hugs and words of comfort amongst themselves, their emotions uncharacteristically open to all who witnessed. Such was their grief and anguish over living when so many others, far worthier had died.

Yet despite their sorrow, there it was clear that there was a glint of hope and faith in their hearts, eternally thankful that the Emperor had saved them through the four knights that had miraculously come to their aid. With their tears dried, the survivors rose their heads into the sky with purpose, fiery determination, and drive in their still misty eyes. They would not waste the opportunity and grace that the Emperor gave them. They will live on.

Then from the skies, a distant sign of that hope the survivors needed began to approach.

Cresting over the morning horizon was a warship, absolutely puny by the standards of the 41st millennium but of a far more comfortable size and scale to the sensibilities of Liam and Daniel. Sailing across the air with the same ease as a galley would against a calm sea, the ship; colored in an eye-catching white, red, and gray had speed that matched its size and sleek form, taking only a short while for it to be right upon the smoldering ruins of the Mercury's crash site as radar and laser rangefinders scanned the area for survivors or anything of note that wasn't already reduced into blackened slag.

As the ship began to circle the crash site, the quartet would be picking up a radio transmission coming from it; over an open channel. The voice over the line sounded rather stern and uncompromising despite being that of a fairly young-sounding woman.

"Attention any surviving occupants and crew of the unknown vessel. This is the Ceran Navy. If you can hear us. Please respond, we are here to help."

To the weary observers, they would notice the ship's actions matched what was said over the radio As the vessel's weapons batteries were at rest and it didn't look concerned with finding an attack angle at all.

I would let the crew contact the Vessel, a few already scrambling across the sands to a nearby Vox Box. With that, I sent out another direct communications link with the other Knights.
"Is anyone here familiar with this faction?"

I had exerted myself too much psychically vs the Deamons and afterwards, to try and extend my mind to scout. So instead I did something that would be either highly stupid or something that could work out a lot better. It may be possible the ship's size belay's its true power, but Ignus's systems were crafted and made during the Dark Age, to a far higher standard than anything else ever known.

So I used Ignus's systems to try and connect to any long range networks that they may be apart of. If my faith wasn't misplaced, I could use a longer range network to connect to onboard computers and see if they have any major data on the area and situation, without being detected immediately. While they may be offering help now, that didnt stop them from being a threat later.

Or asking for the Knights as payment for rescue.

Mazin Kiryu

Notorious
"Oh goody." I lamented as I wore my full clothing and complement scarf.

"Let's go."

It was then that we got out to...nothing?

That's sus...hella sus.
@Mazin Kiryu @TrickOLF

"Affirmative."

Kane would step out of the cold night with Tyzell, staring around as he remain still for a moment.. staring out as he spoke.

“Ty stay close to me, we may not be alone out here”

He said as he slowly started walking, staring around as he was being skeptical with the whole base being quiet and such.. and Shinkai and his time haven’t met up with them yet.

“As soon we Reach Great and Z, we will be fine.. hopefully”

sir_fire

Distinguished
Kane didn't have to wait too long until the Rayleonard trio joined him and Tyzell, the third member's grumbling and eye-rubbing making it clear that he was incensed by the fact that his beauty sleep was so rudely interrupted.

"Any reason why you gotta interrupt a man's sleep?"

Stella responds to the pilot's complaining with no small amount of indignation.

"Bob... This is not the time."

"But ain't you two a little too old to believe in ghost stories? And you roped in those two guys as well."

And then a series of explosions coming from the runway area followed by several columns of flame rising into the night sky answers Bob's question, promptly followed by the base's air raid sirens going off.

"There's your answer." Shinkai instantly replies with a deadpanned stare and points over at the commotion with his thumb over his shoulder.

Bob's jaw opens wide, nearly dropping to the floor upon witnessing the impromptu fireworks display. His eyes widened and bugging out.

"Damn..."

"Double time you lot! Go! You two! Don't fall behind!"

As if they had rehearsed it, Stella throws Shinkai her cane, who easily catches it on his off-hand while Bob quickly picks Stella up, carrying her over his shoulder before the trio made haste. Despite the gravity of the situation, there was something hysterical about the sight of the office drones running full tilt towards danger the way they were. As they approached the growing inferno, something emerges from the flickering flames and thick smoke; a pair of shining yellow eyes and whom they belonged to was that of a giant, a white giant... Fighting back the urge to nervously swallow his spit, Bob informs his passenger of the recent development.

"Uhhhh... Stella, I don't think you're gonna like what I'm seeing."

"What?"

"Someone's just taken one of the base's mechs for a joyride."

It was a Mobile Suit, a rare enough sight in the European front as is; but not only that, it was a Gundam. A hated symbol of the Atlantic Federation, one of oppression, duplicity, and heartlessness. And as if to do its reputation justice, the white giant began to fire it's head vulcans at the ground around it in an indiscriminate manner as it stamped and stomped every which way, as if trying to crush bugs skittering around its feet.

"At least our jet is parked nowhere near that white bastard..."

Bob's attempt to reassure his partners had little effect, however. Especially for Shinkai, who looked at the white mobile suit with an intense and hateful glare for a few moments before suppressing his anger to focus on what's important: Making sure that he and his companions make it to their plane in one piece. Stella meanwhile kept quiet, instead, focusing on keeping her eyes peeled for both the Mazinger pilots and anyone else on their six.

TrickOLF

Kane would step out of the cold night with Tyzell, staring around as he remain still for a moment.. staring out as he spoke.

“Ty stay close to me, we may not be alone out here”

He said as he slowly started walking, staring around as he was being skeptical with the whole base being quiet and such.. and Shinkai and his time haven’t met up with them yet.

“As soon we Reach Great and Z, we will be fine.. hopefully”

"Right."

I got into a back to back pose with him, covering Kane's six, assuming people would go from there.

"Well, yeah, that's true....but let's hope the base doesn't like, suffer a blowup in the hangar or something...."

Kane didn't have to wait too long until the Rayleonard trio joined him and Tyzell, the third member's grumbling and eye-rubbing making it clear that he was incensed by the fact that his beauty sleep was so rudely interrupted.

"But ain't you two a little too old to believe in ghost stories? And you roped in those two guys as well."

And then a series of explosions coming from the runway area followed by several columns of flame rising into the night sky answers Bob's question, promptly followed by the base's air raid sirens going off.

"There's your answer." Shinkai instantly replies with a deadpanned stare and points over at the commotion with his thumb over his shoulder.

Bob's jaw opens wide, nearly dropping to the floor upon witnessing the impromptu fireworks display. His eyes widened and bugging out.

"Damn..."

As if they had rehearsed it, Stella throws Shinkai her cane, who easily catches it on his off-hand while Bob quickly picks Stella up, carrying her over his shoulder before the trio made haste. Despite the gravity of the situation, there was something hysterical about the sight of the office drones running full tilt towards danger the way they were. As they approached the growing inferno, something emerges from the flickering flames and thick smoke; a pair of shining yellow eyes and whom they belonged to was that of a giant, a white giant... Fighting back the urge to nervously swallow his spit, Bob informs his passenger of the recent development.

"What?"

It was a Mobile Suit, a rare enough sight in the European front as is; but not only that, it was a Gundam. A hated symbol of the Atlantic Federation, one of oppression, duplicity, and heartlessness. And as if to do its reputation justice, the white giant began to fire it's head vulcans at the ground around it in an indiscriminate manner as it stamped and stomped every which way, as if trying to crush bugs skittering around its feet.

Bob's attempt to reassure his partners had little effect, however. Especially for Shinkai, who looked at the white mobile suit with an intense and hateful glare for a few moments before suppressing his anger to focus on what's important: Making sure that he and his companions make it to their plane in one piece. Stella meanwhile kept quiet, instead, focusing on keeping her eyes peeled for both the Mazinger pilots and anyone else on their six.

As we got together with the rest of the team...I then notice the trouble up ahead...

It was a GUNDAM.

"Oh, you've got to be FUCKING-"

Last edited:

Ironboi13

"Damn..."

"What?"

David almost flinched under his mask as he watched part of the base go up in flames...An attack?! From whom!?

Whoever was in control, he needed answers, and fast.

The Wing Freedom's wing binders flapped open, and the thrusters ignited, sending the Wing Freedom into the night sky. David promptly flew towards the disturbance, scanning for signatures on radar, heat signatures on thermal scanners, even monitoring radio channels to try and get any sort of identification.

And then he saw the Gundam.

It looked familiar...It had the same sort of design as the Clover Gundam, but, it was...Different. It was a lot more filled out, almost like a proper Mobile Suit over a prototype.

Regardless...It was clearly in a frenzy...But from what? It looked almost like the pilot was hallucinating...Hopefully this was a friendly unit. As David neared, he started scanning on all frequencies, visuals, and radio waves to gather more intel.

"Attention Gundam unit, identify yourself. This is David Sullivan of the Earth Union Federation."

David flew overhead, and came in for a landing a moderate distance away, within the Gundam's view...Too close, and he'd scare the pilot, too far, and the pilot would most likely associate him with...Whatever it was trying to shoot at.

The Wing Freedom's Buster Rifle was on its wrist, held in place by the talon slasher, but its shield was raised and ready, just in case.

Cavaliere

Notorious

Together we'll be"

I would let the crew contact the Vessel, a few already scrambling across the sands to a nearby Vox Box. With that, I sent out another direct communications link with the other Knights.

I had exerted myself too much psychically vs the Deamons and afterwards, to try and extend my mind to scout. So instead I did something that would be either highly stupid or something that could work out a lot better. It may be possible the ship's size belay's its true power, but Ignus's systems were crafted and made during the Dark Age, to a far higher standard than anything else ever known.

So I used Ignus's systems to try and connect to any long range networks that they may be apart of. If my faith wasn't misplaced, I could use a longer range network to connect to onboard computers and see if they have any major data on the area and situation, without being detected immediately. While they may be offering help now, that didnt stop them from being a threat later.

William Liam Tinmall
<<<∅>>>
From the safe distance, the explosion if the enormous battleship was a sight to behold.
Exotic materials burned with a mirad of colours in the extreme heat, nuclear fuel added a radiance that almost made the scientist think of a newborn star, and most of all the sheet size of it all was impressive to say thr least.

For how glad he was to this order for destroying those things inside, the more curious part of him wept at the lost of such a marvel of technology that he just glimpsed form afar, but then ehat happened next made Liam feel even worse.

The soldiers, the men and women that lived in that ship and had called it their home, were Singing.
A mouthful farewell to their lost companions, which, in a way, the spaceship was.
The scientist stayed silent in his closed cockpit, just listenig to the crew, but he never considered the idea of joining them.
He was an outsider, now more than ever: how could a physicist that stumbled his way into a MS understand what these soldiers were going to? Just asking that question made him feel arrogant, because the answer what most definitely no.

It was like this on his previous Arcangel-class after all...

After the song was over he felt almost scared to move, distrusting the mourning with the sounds of motors and servos, but he was freed from thsi awkwardness by a new arrival, another ship in much better condition.

"I can't say that I know this Ceran Navy, sir" he replied to Ignus' pilot, his voice feeble even in the Knight's vox-comunicator, "For all i know, they are a lost crew from yet another different universe , not unlike all of us."

Last edited:

Mazin Kiryu

Notorious
"Right."

I got into a back to back pose with him, covering Kane's six, assuming people would go from there.

"Well, yeah, that's true....but let's hope the base doesn't like, suffer a blowup in the hangar or something...."

As we got together with the rest of the team...I then notice the trouble up ahead...

It was a GUNDAM.

"Oh, you've got to be FUCKING-"

“A what now?” Kane said as he would notice the giant machine causing ruckus, before tapping Tyzell shoulder and spoke.

“We have to run toward the pilders, lucky for us they are heavily armor so those machine guns shell won’t put a dent on them or the glass canopy, but we aren’t made of the same material so we have to book it somehow”

David almost flinched under his mask as he watched part of the base go up in flames...An attack?! From whom!?

The Wing Freedom's wing binders flapped open, and the thrusters ignited, sending the Wing Freedom into the night sky. David promptly flew towards the disturbance, scanning for signatures on radar, heat signatures on thermal scanners, even monitoring radio channels to try and get any sort of identification.

It looked familiar...It had the same sort of design as the Clover Gundam, but, it was...Different. It was a lot more filled out, almost like a proper Mobile Suit over a prototype.

Regardless...It was clearly in a frenzy...But from what? It looked almost like the pilot was hallucinating...Hopefully this was a friendly unit. As David neared, he started scanning on all frequencies, visuals, and radio waves to gather more intel.

"Attention Gundam unit, identify yourself. This is David Sullivan of the Earth Union Federation."

David flew overhead, and came in for a landing a moderate distance away, within the Gundam's view...Too close, and he'd scare the pilot, too far, and the pilot would most likely associate him with...Whatever it was trying to shoot at.

The Wing Freedom's Buster Rifle was on its wrist, held in place by the talon slasher, but its shield was raised and ready, just in case.
As he then saw the other Gundam??? That could draw it attention as he then spoke.

“Speak of the devil, that out ticket! Let move quickly before the airfield get level up” Kane said as he started heading toward the hangar where the Brian Condor is hopefully at.

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional

Together we'll be"

After the ship’s grand detonation, there was a solemn atmosphere. The silence stretched, until the crew sang a hymn in honor of the ship and the other crewmates who unfortunately didn’t make it. Daniel merely stood by in silence and wondered where they’d go from here.

As the hymn ended, another ship made a surprise appearance. It wasn’t a behemoth like the now destroyed ship was, and was definitely more the kind of ship Daniel was used to in terms of size. The new arrivals claimed to help, calling themselves the Ceran Navy, which he’d never heard of. The ship itself wasn’t preparing any kind of attack whatsoever, but Daniel was still wary.

“I’m not at all familiar with them. They look like they really want to help but…”

Daniel shook his head, unable to really put his cautiousness into words. It could’ve just been paranoia, but it was entirely warranted in the world he was raised in.

TrickOLF

“A what now?” Kane said as he would notice the giant machine causing ruckus, before tapping Tyzell shoulder and spoke.

“We have to run toward the pilders, lucky for us they are heavily armor so those machine guns shell won’t put a dent on them or the glass canopy, but we aren’t made of the same material so we have to book it somehow”

As he then saw the other Gundam??? That could draw it attention as he then spoke.

“Speak of the devil, that out ticket! Let move quickly before the airfield get level up” Kane said as he started heading toward the hangar where the Brian Condor is hopefully at.

"Right!" I then noted as I then ran after Kane.

Come on, Hover Pilder, I really need your safety right now!

The Ancient Purple

"Damn..."

"What?"

Barely avoiding yet another projectile from her phantom pursuer as she rounded a corner at full speed, nearly tripping over herself in her haste; Helen was vaguely aware of where her maddened dash was taking her: Towards the hangars. In her fear and panic induced hysteria, she had the idea that if she somehow managed to get aboard a TSF or the Gundam prototype, then she might be able to defend herself. She was not exactly competent in fighting on foot, and she had come to learn the hard way that the most straightforward path to the alarms was blocked off by other spooks, who took the time from whatever horrible things they were doing to take potshots at her from a distance.

With her only option being the hangar, Helen was forced to sprint in that direction, barely avoiding certain death several times, much to the frustration of her furtive pursuers. If there was anyone else to see this, they would most likely call it a series of flukes.

As another silenced gunshot is heard, this one being just barely avoided as Helen ducks with a hand on the back of her head to brace, and the bullet whistling over her head and striking at the metallic door of the hangar with a loud clanging noise and sparks, she finally made it to the hangar. There was the fear of being surrounded, for the building only really had one exit. And it was dark. She knew very well that the pursuers were waiting by the sides of the entrance she just took, ready for her to come out and pump her full of lead. It was the point of no return. She had to get to the helm of the Gundam.

Unfortunately for Helen, just as she was about to reach the foot of the her machine, she ends up running face-first into nothing, nearly knocking her into the floor. Before she could even scream in terrified confusion, an invisible hand wraps itself around her throat, turning her yell into a pitiful, wheezing rattle as she was lifted into the air, her eyes nearly bulging out of their sockets from the extreme pressure and grip strength of the phantom killer, who had evidently arrived before her.

Watching in terror as an ebony blade suddenly materializes out of nothingness as it approaches her chest, she lashed out with wild kicks at her attacker. Futilely, as the monster wasn't at all bothered by her struggles as it brought the blade to bear and presses it against her solar plexus before speaking to her in a rumbling, frigid baritone.

"Good night, little monkey..."

And then the fiend slowly slips the edge in, causing Helen's vision to go red from the sheer pain and fear she was experiencing. It took all that she had in her not to faint then and there. She was helpless. Was there truly anything else for her to do other than wait and accept her own death?

As the blade now penetrated deep into her, tearing deeper into her diaphragm and stomach, Helen couldn't help but stare into the near-opaque helmet of her assailant, who by now decided that there was no longer any need to hide by turning off its cloaking field. Despite not being truly able to see their face, she somehow knew that they were making eye contact. Helen with her fragile, terrified and tear-streaked stare and the assassin narrowing its eyes in sick, sadistic enjoyment at the act of giving a slow and painful death to someone who it considered as an inferior being.

Its decision to play with its food costed the spook however, for the assassin suddenly screams in pain and shock as crackling arcs of electricity cascaded through its malfunctioning armor as its wristblade was painfully removed from Helen's stomach and forcing it to let go of the woman as the fiend seized and shook, sinking to its knees with a heavy thud as it collapses on all fours. A guardian angel had delivered an incapacitating shock to the stealthy invader's body and electronic systems.

Helen herself collapsed the instant her feet touched the ground. Both hands covering the deep stab wound on her stomach in a futile attempt to stop the bleeding that was now staining the entirety of her uniform shirt. Her savior- A tan skinned female with a very loud fashion sense and equally eye-catching hairstyle that screamed cyberpunk- Crouched by her side. With gentle movements, she removed Helen's hands from the wound and rubbed some form of first aid ointment on it. A blue gel with bio-electrolytes of a similar texture as toothpaste to hard stimulate blood clotting on the wound.

"I know it hurts, but double time it soldier!" The mechanic said, throwing Helen's right arm over the back of her neck and lifting her off the ground as she tried to get herself and the injured pilot into the Gundam.

0YAN8Y4.jpg

Unfortunately for the two women, the spook wasn't incapacitated for long and hurriedly scrambling to its feet, a harsh crack echoed throughout the hangar as the fiend fires a high-velocity slug from a gun built into its right wrist armor at its prey. Much to its frustration however, the shot went wide; ricocheting off the foot of the Gundam with a shower of angry sparks. Angrily smacking the side of its helmeted head, no doubt a futile and ill-informed attempt to force whatever HUD its helmet was displaying to stop malfunctioning after getting short-circuited by Helen's guardian angel, it fired another shot, this one much closer to the mark and grazing the punk woman's shoulder.

Biting back a curse in Spanish at the wound, the dark-skinned woman temporarily lets go of Helen to try and put a stop to the spook from firing another shot by shooting out a bolt of psionic lighting from her fingertips at the assassin; which to her bewilderment, managed to swerve out of the way despite how fast the jolt had been going. In this case, she had to go with the next best thing: To grab a hold of Helen once more and send out more electrical bolts at the assassin. Once more, those bolts were avoided, but they forced the assassin to take cover behind a piece of equipment with the continuous attack, suppressing him for long enough for the two to get to the foot of the Gundam where the mechanic quickly, if desperately gets the cockpit to open up by accessing an emergency release panel before getting into a brief gunfight with the fiend, waiting for the cockpit winch to lower down to their level.

Frustrated by its inability to dispatch its foes, the spook stops exchanging fire with the punk to instead grab a nearby tool cabinet and hefting it over its head with inhuman strength, throws it at her; forcing her to tumble out of the way as the fiend then took the opportunity to race through the hangar floor to close the gap and rip her apart in melee. But it wouldn't get the opportunity to do so, as the two women were already ascending on the winch and seeing this, it takes a few more desperate but ultimately futile potshots with its wrist gun at its targets, watching helplessly as the cockpit hatch seals shut.

"Let's put on a show, shall we, chica? Name's Gabriela by the way. Can call me Gabi." She said, calmly resting Helen on the piloting seat and aiding with turning the white devil's systems on in the control panel.

"Kind of ironic. The stupid ass V-fin is getting their saving grace, for what it's worth. About damn time."

While Helen and Gabriela still couldn't see the spook's face, it was clear from its body language that it was utterly shocked and dismayed at the sudden role reversal. However, it didn't immediately bolt for cover, even as the Gundam's vulcans began to spool up. Instead it grabs something from its belt... A detonator and with no hesitation, it pushes the trigger, consuming everything inside the hangar in a massive fireball...

"Gungnir team, status report." One of the mysterious infiltrators demands.

"The show has started far ahead of schedule and Gungnir 7's vitals have flatlined. Requesting permission to proceed with the rest of the performance and the deployment of the Jotun and the Arbalester element."

"Acknowledged, Jotun and Arbalesters will make landfall shortly. Gungnir team, daggers free.

As the Gundam goes on a rampage to fend off and scatter the hidden assassins, Gabriela takes it upon herself to grab a hold of the microphone and letting Helen focus on what she was doing. Suddenly, the mobile suit's loudspeakers blare crackle to life with her voice amidst the roaring flames and explosions.

"Hello? This damn thing working? Good. So... Hi! We're just passing by, don't mind us. Do, however, mind the malparidos doing a number on the base right about now. They'll make it worth your time, I can guarantee you that."

Helen mutters an audible phrase from the corner of her mouth. "Y-You're not helping...!"

The Wing Freedom's pilot receives a near immediate answer. Although the Gundam's assault against the foreign invaders did not cease, a side camera was turned into their robot. What comes through the radio was the hispanic woman's frustrated grunt before actual speech.

"Huh? Oh God fucking damn if your clique of yankee stinky dogs went out of their way to set this up on us. What're you doing here? Enjoying the show?" Gabriela scowled.

Ironboi13

The Wing Freedom's pilot receives a near immediate answer. Although the Gundam's assault against the foreign invaders did not cease, a side camera was turned into their robot. What comes through the radio was the hispanic woman's frustrated grunt before actual speech.

"Huh? Oh God fucking damn if your clique of yankee stinky dogs went out of their way to set this up on us. What're you doing here? Enjoying the show?" Gabriela scowled.
"What in the world are you talking about?" David inquired.

The Gundam unit was still shooting out the ground around it...Something was wrong, otherwise, the Gundam would've looked towards him...David scanned the area once more as he slowly approached, doing his best to not make the Wing Freedom lookin intimidating...All the while, looking around with every type of scanner he had available...Months upon months, even a year or two of paranoia was setting in.

"I repeat-identify yourself, now. What base is this?" Something was...Off. The atmosphere...It felt different.

Mazin Kiryu

Notorious
"Right!" I then noted as I then ran after Kane.

Come on, Hover Pilder, I really need your safety right now!

Barely avoiding yet another projectile from her phantom pursuer as she rounded a corner at full speed, nearly tripping over herself in her haste; Helen was vaguely aware of where her maddened dash was taking her: Towards the hangars. In her fear and panic induced hysteria, she had the idea that if she somehow managed to get aboard a TSF or the Gundam prototype, then she might be able to defend herself. She was not exactly competent in fighting on foot, and she had come to learn the hard way that the most straightforward path to the alarms was blocked off by other spooks, who took the time from whatever horrible things they were doing to take potshots at her from a distance.

With her only option being the hangar, Helen was forced to sprint in that direction, barely avoiding certain death several times, much to the frustration of her furtive pursuers. If there was anyone else to see this, they would most likely call it a series of flukes.

As another silenced gunshot is heard, this one being just barely avoided as Helen ducks with a hand on the back of her head to brace, and the bullet whistling over her head and striking at the metallic door of the hangar with a loud clanging noise and sparks, she finally made it to the hangar. There was the fear of being surrounded, for the building only really had one exit. And it was dark. She knew very well that the pursuers were waiting by the sides of the entrance she just took, ready for her to come out and pump her full of lead. It was the point of no return. She had to get to the helm of the Gundam.

Unfortunately for Helen, just as she was about to reach the foot of the her machine, she ends up running face-first into nothing, nearly knocking her into the floor. Before she could even scream in terrified confusion, an invisible hand wraps itself around her throat, turning her yell into a pitiful, wheezing rattle as she was lifted into the air, her eyes nearly bulging out of their sockets from the extreme pressure and grip strength of the phantom killer, who had evidently arrived before her.

Watching in terror as an ebony blade suddenly materializes out of nothingness as it approaches her chest, she lashed out with wild kicks at her attacker. Futilely, as the monster wasn't at all bothered by her struggles as it brought the blade to bear and presses it against her solar plexus before speaking to her in a rumbling, frigid baritone.

"Good night, little monkey..."

And then the fiend slowly slips the edge in, causing Helen's vision to go red from the sheer pain and fear she was experiencing. It took all that she had in her not to faint then and there. She was helpless. Was there truly anything else for her to do other than wait and accept her own death?

As the blade now penetrated deep into her, tearing deeper into her diaphragm and stomach, Helen couldn't help but stare into the near-opaque helmet of her assailant, who by now decided that there was no longer any need to hide by turning off its cloaking field. Despite not being truly able to see their face, she somehow knew that they were making eye contact. Helen with her fragile, terrified and tear-streaked stare and the assassin narrowing its eyes in sick, sadistic enjoyment at the act of giving a slow and painful death to someone who it considered as an inferior being.

Its decision to play with its food costed the spook however, for the assassin suddenly screams in pain and shock as crackling arcs of electricity cascaded through its malfunctioning armor as its wristblade was painfully removed from Helen's stomach and forcing it to let go of the woman as the fiend seized and shook, sinking to its knees with a heavy thud as it collapses on all fours. A guardian angel had delivered an incapacitating shock to the stealthy invader's body and electronic systems.

Helen herself collapsed the instant her feet touched the ground. Both hands covering the deep stab wound on her stomach in a futile attempt to stop the bleeding that was now staining the entirety of her uniform shirt. Her savior- A tan skinned female with a very loud fashion sense and equally eye-catching hairstyle that screamed cyberpunk- Crouched by her side. With gentle movements, she removed Helen's hands from the wound and rubbed some form of first aid ointment on it. A blue gel with bio-electrolytes of a similar texture as toothpaste to hard stimulate blood clotting on the wound.

"I know it hurts, but double time it soldier!" The mechanic said, throwing Helen's right arm over the back of her neck and lifting her off the ground as she tried to get herself and the injured pilot into the Gundam.

0YAN8Y4.jpg

Unfortunately for the two women, the spook wasn't incapacitated for long and hurriedly scrambling to its feet, a harsh crack echoed throughout the hangar as the fiend fires a high-velocity slug from a gun built into its right wrist armor at its prey. Much to its frustration however, the shot went wide; ricocheting off the foot of the Gundam with a shower of angry sparks. Angrily smacking the side of its helmeted head, no doubt a futile and ill-informed attempt to force whatever HUD its helmet was displaying to stop malfunctioning after getting short-circuited by Helen's guardian angel, it fired another shot, this one much closer to the mark and grazing the punk woman's shoulder.

Biting back a curse in Spanish at the wound, the dark-skinned woman temporarily lets go of Helen to try and put a stop to the spook from firing another shot by shooting out a bolt of psionic lighting from her fingertips at the assassin; which to her bewilderment, managed to swerve out of the way despite how fast the jolt had been going. In this case, she had to go with the next best thing: To grab a hold of Helen once more and send out more electrical bolts at the assassin. Once more, those bolts were avoided, but they forced the assassin to take cover behind a piece of equipment with the continuous attack, suppressing him for long enough for the two to get to the foot of the Gundam where the mechanic quickly, if desperately gets the cockpit to open up by accessing an emergency release panel before getting into a brief gunfight with the fiend, waiting for the cockpit winch to lower down to their level.

Frustrated by its inability to dispatch its foes, the spook stops exchanging fire with the punk to instead grab a nearby tool cabinet and hefting it over its head with inhuman strength, throws it at her; forcing her to tumble out of the way as the fiend then took the opportunity to race through the hangar floor to close the gap and rip her apart in melee. But it wouldn't get the opportunity to do so, as the two women were already ascending on the winch and seeing this, it takes a few more desperate but ultimately futile potshots with its wrist gun at its targets, watching helplessly as the cockpit hatch seals shut.

"Let's put on a show, shall we, chica? Name's Gabriela by the way. Can call me Gabi." She said, calmly resting Helen on the piloting seat and aiding with turning the white devil's systems on in the control panel.

"Kind of ironic. The stupid ass V-fin is getting their saving grace, for what it's worth. About damn time."

While Helen and Gabriela still couldn't see the spook's face, it was clear from its body language that it was utterly shocked and dismayed at the sudden role reversal. However, it didn't immediately bolt for cover, even as the Gundam's vulcans began to spool up. Instead it grabs something from its belt... A detonator and with no hesitation, it pushes the trigger, consuming everything inside the hangar in a massive fireball...

"Gungnir team, status report." One of the mysterious infiltrators demands.

"The show has started far ahead of schedule and Gungnir 7's vitals have flatlined. Requesting permission to proceed with the rest of the performance and the deployment of the Jotun and the Arbalester element."

"Acknowledged, Jotun and Arbalesters will make landfall shortly. Gungnir team, daggers free.

As the Gundam goes on a rampage to fend off and scatter the hidden assassins, Gabriela takes it upon herself to grab a hold of the microphone and letting Helen focus on what she was doing. Suddenly, the mobile suit's loudspeakers blare crackle to life with her voice amidst the roaring flames and explosions.

"Hello? This damn thing working? Good. So... Hi! We're just passing by, don't mind us. Do, however, mind the malparidos doing a number on the base right about now. They'll make it worth your time, I can guarantee you that."

Helen mutters an audible phrase from the corner of her mouth. "Y-You're not helping...!"

“Stay close to me, I feel that Gundam? Is gonna cause more destruction”

he said as he ran across the hangar, avoiding the fire and the giants machine as he then stare around the hangar, maybe Great and Z were station together? As he then try running at the biggest hangar nearby that could fit two Mazinger and their aircrafts.

sir_fire

Distinguished

he said as he ran across the hangar, avoiding the fire and the giants machine as he then stare around the hangar, maybe Great and Z were station together? As he then try running at the biggest hangar nearby that could fit two Mazinger and their aircrafts.

Entering the biggest still-intact hangar, the two Mazinger pilots did indeed find their Mazingers parked right next to each other and with the Brain Condor placed nearby, evidently left alone by the crew after putting away due to not wanting to mess with unfamiliar technology. However, despite the first instinct to immediately board their mechs and seek protection from both the growing inferno outside and any of the unknown saboteurs still lurking about; there was something about the situation that seemed rather off... If the jig was up, how come the Mazingers were left unmolested? Lack of time to plant some bombs? Or maybe someone's waiting for the right moment to push the big red button?

Not at all helped at the two pilots' lizard brains tingling real hard at the scene before them.

@TrickOLF

TrickOLF

Entering the biggest still-intact hangar, the two Mazinger pilots did indeed find their Mazingers parked right next to each other and with the Brain Condor placed nearby, evidently left alone by the crew after putting away due to not wanting to mess with unfamiliar technology. However, despite the first instinct to immediately board their mechs and seek protection from both the growing inferno outside and any of the unknown saboteurs still lurking about; there was something about the situation that seemed rather off... If the jig was up, how come the Mazingers were left unmolested? Lack of time to plant some bombs? Or maybe someone's waiting for the right moment to push the big red button?

Not at all helped at the two pilots' lizard brains tingling real hard at the scene before them.

@TrickOLF

Right, right!

I got to my Pilder just in time...but in the haze of the madness, I just realized something...

If they were inside the hangar long enough to hijack a Gundam...

....AAAAAH, FUCK IT!

I got out of the Pilder and QUADRUPLE-CHECKED IT for any tamperings and get them off, just in case!

sir_fire

Distinguished
Right, right!

I got to my Pilder just in time...but in the haze of the madness, I just realized something...

If they were inside the hangar long enough to hijack a Gundam...

....AAAAAH, FUCK IT!

I got out of the Pilder and QUADRUPLE-CHECKED IT for any tamperings and get them off, just in case!
The climb to the Mazinger's crown was a tense affair, but miraculously enough, Tyzell's ascent was unmolested and he found the pilder's interiors exactly the way he had left it, save for some stickynotes left by technicians and mechanics that stated both amazement and dismay the Mazinger's utterly primitive avionics and how they had no clue how to safely take its electronics apart due to the extreme tech gap along with something about calling for specialists to help them get started on working on the pilder's systems.

Regardless, it seems that the enemy unknowns had left the Z alone for whatever reason and that Tyzell needn't worry about anything else once he gets the Mazinger up and running.

However, Kane's examination of the Brain Condor as he went through preflight checks yielded a far less mundane result: A bomb cleverly hidden behind the pilot's seat. The bomb wasn't the stereotypical beeping flashing thing that told people how dangerous it was, in fact, the disc-shaped explosive looked like a random piece of scrap, with the only thing that showed its true purpose being an unlabeled keypad upon its face.

TrickOLF

The climb to the Mazinger's crown was a tense affair, but miraculously enough, Tyzell's ascent was unmolested and he found the pilder's interiors exactly the way he had left it, save for some stickynotes left by technicians and mechanics that stated both amazement and dismay the Mazinger's utterly primitive avionics and how they had no clue how to safely take its electronics apart due to the extreme tech gap along with something about calling for specialists to help them get started on working on the pilder's systems.

Regardless, it seems that the enemy unknowns had left the Z alone for whatever reason and that Tyzell needn't worry about anything else once he gets the Mazinger up and running.

However, Kane's examination of the Brain Condor as he went through preflight checks yielded a far less mundane result: A bomb cleverly hidden behind the pilot's seat. The bomb wasn't the stereotypical beeping flashing thing that told people how dangerous it was, in fact, the disc-shaped explosive looked like a random piece of scrap, with the only thing that showed its true purpose being an unlabeled keypad upon its face.

Alright, definitely checked it. Everything's good. Also...

This thing is mega old and was just updated for the Infinity op some years later, what did you think this was?

Then again, this is the super robot of super robots, so...I can understand the disappointment, maybe.

Either way, no time! Get all systems online!

Take a deep breath...and shout!

"MAZIIIIIIN......GO!"

Back