• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

The Elder Scrolls Feats and Discussion

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
There are multiple dragon skeletons scattered throughout the Soul Cairn.

This is on top of the obscenely large number of piles of human bones scattered all throughout the Soul Cairn.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
In Caslte Volkihar, we see several gargoyles, including one who is still in the process of being created.

One of the gargoyles who still has its feet in the stone block breaks free of the block.

The Skyrim Prima confirms this, saying that one of the gargoyles has yet to be completed, while the other three have been finished and are fully imbued with magic.
An upper chamber in the tower is home to a group of carved gargoyles, one of which hasn't been completed. The other three are fully embued with magic, however, so expect combat with the three of them as you advance into the room.
(Skyrim Prima, page 536)

Serana comments on how gargoyles are magical constructs.
Dovahkiin: Did your mother keep gargoyles here?
Serana: Not that I ever saw. My mother had a bit of a thing for magical constructs. Not... not what you're thinking. She just found them fascinating.
Researching further, ESO reveals that gargoyles are a kind of golem.
Vestige: What kind of golem did you see near the skyshard?
Norianwe: It's a monstrous sentinel called a gargoyle.
I've never seen one fight, but by all accounts they are far more powerful than the golems we've faced thus far.
Norianwe refers to the gargoyle as a stone guardian.
Norianwe: There's the skyshard! We'll have to bring down that stone guardian if we want to reach it!
As such, not only do gargoyles form a stone skin which shatters when they wake, but they themselves are made of stone (as the treasures that you can find from killing one should also make evident).

Last edited:

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
With the knowledge that gargoyles are literally made of stone, there are several gargoyle kill cams.
8:23
13:28

One of which has you parry the gargoyles attacks before slashing it.

Another of the kills involves holding the monster in place while you stab it through the back of the head with your sword.

The final (and most impressive in my opinion) involves finishing the gargoyle by kicking it in the face.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The account in the 36 Lessons of Vivec, where Vivec stops the fall of Baar Dau (or Baar Dau), and even describes Lie Rock as one of the monsters. This would imply that it's one of his children.
As in Sermon 12, Vivec had these children after, um, you know, fucking Molag Bal.
The 36 Lessons of Vivec said:
Molag Bal rose up and extended six arms to show his worth. They were decorated in runes of seduction and its reverse. They were decorated in the annotated calendars of longer worlds. When he spoke, mating monsters fell out.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
In Cronvangr Cave, a frost-bite spider lair, we see the remains of several mammoths suspended in spider webs.

Just outside Cronvangr Cave, we see a dead mammoth covered in frost-bite spider eggs.
Thus, frost-bite spiders (or giant frost-bite spiders) are strong enough to carry mammoths (and potentially even overpower them).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Several impressive destruction spells from Oblivion (again, reposting as Imgur got rid of these gifs because it is terrible now).
Fireballs.

Enemies Explode.

Firestorm.

Flame Tempest.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Guarding Valerica in the Soul Cairn are the Keepers, powerful undead, each of whom sustain a powerful energy barrier to keep Valerica trapped, with said barrier surrounding the entire ruins that serves as her prison (they draw the energy to sustain this barrier from the hapless souls trapped in this realm).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Ideal Masters are mystic entities that rule the Soul Cairn and control every aspect of it, from its fabric to its appearance.
Right above this, on the very same page, we are told about Coldharbour, the plane of Molag Bal, which is arguably even more unpleasant than the Soul Cairn. This is quite interesting, because even though the Volkihar Vampires got their powers directly from Molag Bal, and the blood of a Daughter of Coldharbour plays a pivotal role in the prophecy of the Tyranny of the Sun, neither Molag Bal nor Coldharbour appear in this story, but the Prima still tells you this lore.
Even among all the countless planes of Oblivion, the Soul Cairn has a grim reputation. This plane is ruled by the Ideal Masters and protected by their endless legions of undead Soul Guards. It's here that Valerica's mother, a powerful vampire, has been trapped.
The nature of the Ideal Masters is explained more in the Battlespire Athenaeum; the Ideal Masters are revenant spirits who live in a distant Platonic Idea, with the magical gems found throughout the Soul Cairn being their connection and a channel for communication for those bound in this plane.
The Soul Cairn, like the other realms visited in Battlespire, is a pocket universe (this quote is refering to the Havoc Wellhead, but it would also apply to the Soul Cairn).
Battlespire Athenaeum - Page 156 said:
This level is one Dagon's many provincial governmental centers in the pocket universes, and the home of some of the legions of Mehrunes Dagons Daedra.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
A new OOG text by Douglas Goodall! Have you ever wondered why coins in TES games have no weight? Perhaps it's just an abstraction so as easier to have as much money as possible. Or, maybe, it's because there's a tiny red diamond from the hearts of the dead which is placed into every coin so if any thief scrapes the gold off the coin floats away into space as they try to reach the souls they were connected with in Aetherius.
They then push a bunch of floating coins up through the ceiling, where they'll be reforged to be just a bit heavier (the coins that are too heavy will be gathered up later).
The work is done by people. It used to be done by iron golems, as a soulless machine can only press the coins, but cannot imbue them with the truth, and goes on to say how 'Potema was inevitable.'
Carsomus and Rascien then meet a talking minotaur (whom Carsomus is familiar with), who references The Terminus being some kind of issue on the moon still.
Carsomus and Rascien then use a spaceship (which in the true Ancient Aliens style, Rascien mistakes for a Sunbird of Alinor), which are either located underground or in some other space (like the dwemer lockbox).
Using this rocketship, they take off into space (which takes off via the same method the coins float away into space). In space the stars look nothing like what they do from Nirn (they're constantly growing, shrinking and twirling).
The coins form into an asteroid near the moons (Carsomus wondering what the Khajiit would make of this).
A protective bubble appears around Rascien's head, protecting him from space (however, it smells awful).
Moving in the void of space requires using a very weak levitation spell, one too weak to do anything on Nirn.
As they return to the ship, they see a valuable space mineral (meteoric glass or a star tooth). Collecting them requires experience and knowledge Carsomus doesn't possess, as well as an even bigger spaceship.
They return to Nirn, and fell weights from 'strange angles.'
The story ends with Rascien trying to escape a bit by chipping away at many coins to as to float away, but this fails and the coins and the chips just fall to the ground, leaving him wondering if he hallucinated or dreamed the entire thing.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Assuming the above is all a load of nonsense, then that would mean that coins do infact have weight. In which case, it's more than fair to bring up that the heroes do infact carry around many coins. What's more, in Skyrim you get an achievement for carrying 100,000 Septims.
Skyrim said:
Golden Touch - Have 100,000 gold
Looking on the UESP forum, two people weighed their septims which came with the Oblivion special edition; one person getting 10g, another getting 22g (with the person saying 10g saying that the second person saying 22g was likely more accurate as their own scales were messed up).
100,000 of the former is equal to 1 ton, while 100,000 of the later is equal to 2.2 tons.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Vrythur destroys the Chantry of Auri-El in a huge explosion.

Also because I've seen people insist that this is actually super unimpressive and not really an explosion (but also it is an explosion, except that it isn't, because the people who went out of their way to say that Dovahkiin is super strong don't want Dovahkiin to be strong, so they animated the most impressive looking explosion-that-isn't-an-explosion possible), here's a frame-by-frame which shows the large several ton blocks of ice start to move before any of the ice spikes even touch them.
Here's another angle to further demonstrate this.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
In Skyrim: The Adventure Boardgame, it is possible for you to react to and block an arrow (using a door) after it's fired (card 191).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
One of the Stormclock Quests from the Skyrim boardgame involves hypnotising a fellow Stormcloak with an illusion spell to calm him down (card 419). As such, Stormcloaks are not afraid to use arcane magic when they need to.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Certain draugr's know the Frost Breathe shout.
They can also summon, and cast fireball (in Skyrim, fireballs are at least 15 feet in radius).
Flame Atronachs can cast fireball.
Frost Atronachs can cast Blizzard (Blizzard is a master-level spell).