Things you want to see more of in fiction

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
It could be any form of fictional media, anime, manga, tv, movies, comics, it doesn't really matter. all that matters is that you want more of it

This is a hot take but I want to see more things like in the Instant Death Isekai. Just some obscenely overpowered entity inhabiting a human form getting into shenanigans with other people and just completely clapping everyone's cheeks along the way

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I would like to see more stories in shounen manga take risks and keep plot armor to a minimum, even with the main protagonist, being willing to kill them off if necessary.

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
More stories into the direction of A Simple Survey... kinda.
Basically, random diverse short stories connected by some overarching plot. And then make use of the fact that short stories can have crazy premises that wouldn't work for full-scale stories (or at least would be hard to make work) to create an interesting show.

seth

Preeminent
Broken masquarade stories where the supernatural is revealed to people. I only seen dance in vampire and true blood do that.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I just want more stuff that goes hard. So much of media now feels restrained, or it feels like authors just don't go as far as they could in making something cool. People sell themselves short and there is just not enough cool shit happening now. Why is everything so mid now.

This can apply to any story in any genre, of any subject matter. Make that shit as cool as it can, do something nobody has ever done before. Never settle for average, that's worse than being bad.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I want to see more classic good guys and bad guys come back. I'm sick to death of people trying to push this notion that those kinds of characters are inherently crap and shouldn't exist, all while trying to apply "nuance" to them that inevitably either makes them into whiny bitches or edgy cunts.

On a similar note, I want to see more fiction that mixes black and white morality with the grey, having characters on all sides of the spectrum interact with each other. A good example of a clash between white and grey morality, which was interesting to read and had no real answer regarding who was actually right, is the argument between Harry Dresden and The Merlin in Book 12 (Changes) of the Dresden Files.

Like I'd love to see a similar thing happen from the villain perspective, where a black morality villain has an argument with a grey morality one where neither one is pushed as being right. Show the benefits of all perspectives if you know what I mean.

Parasitic mind control, could be zombies could be more puppet master style just make it non viral/bacterial or even fungal, nature has enough material on that front.

More purely biological tech based civilisations.

Proper Hive Mind races, no more single mind or queen/kind directing a whole swarm, give me more decentralised immortal superorganisms rather than communist/fascist/fanatics allegories.

Cyberpunk that's not riding on Bladerunner's success or the 80s, System Shock 2 is a good example of unique looking cyberpunk world, no 80s synths but more clean sterile Star Trek feeling environments with the occasional blood spat here and there to signify something is horribly wrong.

On that note more hard sci-fi horror, ditch the already suffocating cosmic horror subgenre and branch into more scientifically driven dread. Future achievable tech already seems a lot more horrific than any evil cosmic god.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Astrologically fuck off huge giant robots.
BRING THEM BACK
ExMiDh1VcAAuWmQ

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
I love when villians have bonds with their squad but are still total pieces of shit to everyone else

Not every romance has to end in a kiss scene saying I love you Tokine and Yoshimori's ending was good for me

Deaths that come outta no where like Kamina(TTGL) or Hughes(FMA)

The Goldenboy said shit like Ghost vs Aliens and Robots vs Wizards are a nice change in pace

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Authors taking the risk to create their own mythos even if its inspired on something else., for example so many authors will just copy names of mythological creatures/weapons,etc and paste on their works,while i don't have a problem with that i wish they would try to also create their own thing,detach of the need to follow some already pre-made setting or at least be bold enough to get creative with it

Back