• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - One Othinus To Rule Them All

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Nah, I really liked that one time Accelerator and Mugino teamed up in New Testament and always wanted to see it happen again.

I also feel like Mugino, being the battle obsessed nutjob she is, would be more hilarious for an Isekai setting compared to the more subdued Kakine

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Speaking of Isekai, fun fact:

Hamazura and Ainz Ooal Gown have the same Japanese voice actor

Cheeky reference to that fact with Hamazura dressed in Ainz’ Momonga armor and featured together with him

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Full crossover event w/ English subtitles

23:06 is where ITEM meets Ainz and Co.

Narberal was such a bitch throughout the event. Too bad Ainz had to step in when she tried picking a fight with Mugino

It would have been downright cathartic to see her getting humbled by a lowly ningen Level 5 casually swatting away her lightning magic or even sending it right back at her

Last edited:

Randomdude

Preeminent
TBF thats kinda just narberals personality, even if she was instantly killed by them her attitude wouldn't "change" Cause she's already aware of powerful humans/entities that could kill her instantly, she's just also considers them oversized disgusting insects...Because she was designed to be a bitch that looked down on humans/others.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Don’t care if it’s programming or whatever. Author goes way too overboard with it to where everyone that isn’t Cocytus or Sebas is both an utter bastard and little more than a parody of your overly edgy one-note villain

Demiurge and that one big demon under him Jaldabaoth that killed a women by using her as a club both need to get the Terra Treatment by Acqua of the Back

5AcVde9.png

UDcoyKj.png

EqVLrvH.png

Even better. Acqua grabs Demiurge and uses them as the club to beat Jaldabaoth to death for some well deserved karma on both

:hestonpls

Last edited:

Randomdude

Preeminent
Don’t care if it’s programming or whatever. Author goes way too overboard with it to where everyone that isn’t Cocytus or Sebas is both an utter bastard and little more than a parody of your overly edgy one-note villain
TBF They're not all like that?

They're all insanely loyal to ainz and upset at any disrespect towards them but narberals on the more extreme side of human disliking. Demiurge actually is in some ways less xenophobic as he legitimately just enjoys sadism regardless of who or what it's against. He has no special disdain towards humans beyond most of them being weak. (Note he enacted horrible crimes against god on all the denizens of the holy kingdom, human, hetermorph or demi human)

Narberal actually winds up being bullied by her sisters a bit because she's the only one that struggles to understand humans/interact with them in a friendly manner. Heck even entoma the flesh-eating insect and solution the slime with a fetish for melting innocent people in her body are notably able to interact with humans with little issue. (Its one of the big jokes early on, ainz literally chose the worst possible sister for blending into human society. Probably because shes a doppel ganger and thus he thought shed be a good actor, forgetting she has only one level in doppelganger and is written to be a bad actor)

Most of nazarick falls between pitying creatures outside the tomb to simply not caring about them at all. With the extreme ends despising them.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I’ve watched Overlord. Unless their Cocytus, Sebas, or that one maid with the glasses and I guess that dog girl, their a fucking bastard

Demiurge is easily the worst of the bunch.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
A gapless wall of explosions was sent toward Kamijou Touma.
There were so many explosions that they seemed to blend into each other.
He did not hold up his right hand.
Instead, he turned his body to the side as if weaving his way through a crowded train and stepped slightly forward.
That was all.
The puny boy’s body slipped skillfully through the wall of thousands or tens of thousands of explosions.
“What?”

still don't get how the fuck Touma weaves his way through a wall of explosions that literally don't even have an opening :tupac

Randomdude

Preeminent
Authors often lack basic understanding of how nonsense what they're saying is. The amount of authors that think you can "Dance" around an explosion with specialized movements is plainly stupid and a failure of our education system.

Randomdude

Preeminent
This is one of those things I always wonder about, I know the characters of overlord so I get not liking them but I never really got the point in trying to punish them/wanting to see them punished outside basic catharsis. The way they're written they literally can't learn anything from being punished in the way you and many others desire because they fundamentally know of entities far stronger then them in universe. And even the fact there were humans stronger then them.

Theres no getting through to them/making them see the errors of their ways because they don't have a fundamental misunderstanding of the world. They understand it rather well it just doesn't interact with their reverence for the supreme beings or their backstories. At one-point narberal is directly confronted with a question about what if ainz was weak/human and she simply says she'd serve him regardless.

We see this even further with aura, mare, and aurola omega, all three are humanoids and receive zero mistreatment or disrespect despite some members of the tomb being written to despise humans. Because in the minds of the npcs being created by the supreme beings instantly supersedes essentially any other prejudice they're designed with. Similarly, when humans are part of ainz kingdom they're instantly considered more valuable and worthy of more respect.

They're not logical beings that have miscalculated/misunderstood anything, they're weird magical entities with preprogrammed mental states and biases that will disregard any logic in face of those biases. Demiurge isn't evil because he's sick in the head or has a traumatic backstory, he's evil because his god wrote that he was evil. Similarly, narberal doesn't really hate humans for any reason beyond a note in her backstory "Humans are disgusting"

I guess to me punishing them always felt rather purposeless you can't get through to them or show them the errors in their ways because they haven't made errors. They're just categorically insane and self-contradictory by any real-world metric (Im honestly of the opinion if you asked a therapist to talk to them the therapist would give up with a note "not human enough to deal with"). Demiurges only thought if he was tortured/killed is how he wishes he'd been smarter/prepared better and how sorry he is not to have served his master better. Because to him the flaw isn't what he did but that he wasn't prepared enough/ready enough to deal with whatever problem stopped him in his tracks.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
This is one of those things I always wonder about, I know the characters of overlord so I get not liking them but I never really got the point in trying to punish them/wanting to see them punished outside basic catharsis. The way they're written they literally can't learn anything from being punished in the way you and many others desire because they fundamentally know of entities far stronger then them in universe. And even the fact there were humans stronger then them.

Theres no getting through to them/making them see the errors of their ways because they don't have a fundamental misunderstanding of the world. They understand it rather well it just doesn't interact with their reverence for the supreme beings or their backstories. At one-point narberal is directly confronted with a question about what if ainz was weak/human and she simply says she'd serve him regardless.

We see this even further with aura, mare, and aurola omega, all three are humanoids and receive zero mistreatment or disrespect despite some members of the tomb being written to despise humans. Because in the minds of the npcs being created by the supreme beings instantly supersedes essentially any other prejudice they're designed with. Similarly, when humans are part of ainz kingdom they're instantly considered more valuable and worthy of more respect.

They're not logical beings that have miscalculated/misunderstood anything, they're weird magical entities with preprogrammed mental states and biases that will disregard any logic in face of those biases. Demiurge isn't evil because he's sick in the head or has a traumatic backstory, he's evil because his god wrote that he was evil. Similarly, narberal doesn't really hate humans for any reason beyond a note in her backstory "Humans are disgusting"

I guess to me punishing them always felt rather purposeless you can't get through to them or show them the errors in their ways because they haven't made errors. They're just categorically insane and self-contradictory by any real-world metric (Im honestly of the opinion if you asked a therapist to talk to them the therapist would give up with a note "not human enough to deal with"). Demiurges only thought if he was tortured/killed is how he wishes he'd been smarter/prepared better and how sorry he is not to have served his master better. Because to him the flaw isn't what he did but that he wasn't prepared enough/ready enough to deal with whatever problem stopped him in his tracks.
Karma doesn’t require people to change or even acknowledge why they’re being hit with it. The NPCs are perfectly capable of feeling pain, frustration, anger, or despair for the very few instances the New World gets a leg up on them such as Shalltear being mind controlled against her will to fight Ainz or that bug maid girl getting destroyed by Evileye. That’s good enough for me

Last edited:
Back