• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - One Othinus To Rule Them All

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I mean, that stuff already was mentioned before iirc.

That's why the Four Elements were out of wack thus enabling Angel Fall to occur and then Fiamma during WW3 to step in.
Yeah this is probably the start of Distortion of the Elements as well but still, who caused that attack on the Sephirah? Just entertaining the idea of this being a plot point later

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
You know, I was talking about this with Fanta a couple of days ago but are we really sure that Accelerator tore apart Flaming;Sword?

image.png

image.png

:hm

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Yes unless you want to argue Accel’s willpower alone is a Multiversal force.

We just saw all the details of the attack a few pages ago when she takes out Touma, hence why unneeded details we already know she would be doing weren’t repeated a second time.

It’s her go-to move for quickly ending a fight and besides it never being stated it was incomplete or weak when used Accel, she never bothers trying it again and instead goes for imitation his own vector manipulation to he able to damage him

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Also, Accelerator just reflected it and simply waited for Coronzon’s next attack vs Crowley who could take free action from Lilith being the one to stop the Flaming Sword hence why Coronzon’s moment of vulnerability from the recoil of the spell was brought up and now able to be exploited.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Yeah this is probably the start of Distortion of the Elements as well but still, who caused that attack on the Sephirah? Just entertaining the idea of this being a plot point later
The original sin. Coronzon has a line where she explicitly states that the distortion was caused by Adam and Eve eating the apple, and if Wikipedia is to be believed, actual kabbalists believed that the Qlipthoth were created by the original sin.

Rn Im guessing the ending of Toaru, or the conclusion of this distortion, would be fixed by Touma accepting himself, going full Hadit and manipulating the Qlipthoth out of existence, or purifying humanity.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The original sin. Coronzon has a line where she explicitly states that the distortion was caused by Adam and Eve eating the apple, and if Wikipedia is to be believed, actual kabbalists believed that the Qlipthoth were created by the original sin.

Rn Im guessing the ending of Toaru, or the conclusion of this distortion, would be fixed by Touma accepting himself, going full Hadit and manipulating the Qlipthoth out of existence, or purifying humanity.
Yes to all that. What I’m wondering is if this will be an actual demonic entity that shows up later on, perhaps when all the distortions reach their breaking point.

Pretty fitting for Touma, the One Who Purifies God and Slays Demons

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Yes to all that.
Nah tbh, like I said that's probably whats going to happen, but I don't like it, I feel like that backtracks all over WW3 and Fiamma. Like Touma literally tells Fiamma that "The world isn't so weak that it needs saving." So when Fiamma tries to save the world its bad but when Touma does it its good?

It would be much better if like humanity itself comes together to fix it instead of Touma, but I don't really expect Kamachi to do that.

What I’m wondering is if this will be an actual demonic entity that shows up later on, perhaps when all the distortions reach their breaking point.

Pretty fitting for Touma, the One Who Purifies God and Slays Demons

Tbh I don't feel that way, even if like Demiurge is actually a thing, because unless Kamachi greatly expands the world, the threat level of the series feels like it capped at Othinus.

Like the most threatening villains in the series, is still Fiamma and Othinus, Coronzon didn't really feel like all that (though her not actually having a connection with Touma unlike Fiamma and Othinus is one of the reasons) another is how Kamachi basically made destroying the world the greatest possible destruction feat.

So when stronger characters appeared who have shit like, oh these tmgs are strong enough to destroy the world with their presence, and othinus didn't actually destroy the entire world, or Coronzon's, oh, actually tmgs can't destroy the entire world, but I can through my ritual.

So unless like Kamachi retcons a multiverse into existence or something, a new stronger character is just gonna have I can destroy the world-but more hype like everyone after othinus.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
No one’s topped Othinus true but Coronzon definitely matches Fiamma in terms of how epic she was. I also liked how she was a more personal enemy to Aleister over Touma for a change. Aleister freaking carried that whole arc alongside Accelerator even at the expense of Touma having to take a backseat as a result

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The only thing that sort of hurt Coronzon was that she was not the strongest active member of the arc with both Niang-Niang and Nephthys being able to give her a run for her money while not even at their best at the time if they so choosed to take her seriously.

Fiamma was straight up untouchable up until the very end by comparison. Same with Othinus who was never actually defeated too

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Oh shit, get wayback up and running, we can't lose Js06 NT!
Rushing Oh No GIF
Start saving them on your hard drives

Pretty sure the fanbase already has done this too.

NT Light novel localization is a no brainer. They low-key gave it away with the Omnibus coming out being called Toaru Majutsu No Index: Old Testament: both a fan made term and something they’d have no reason to differentiate the first series by if they had plans on doing NT

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Which is great. Don’t need to send my third or fourth email to Yen Press to pick up New Testament now.

It’d be nice if they can maybe pick up some of the one-shot side stories and Dark Matter too

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Yen Press has nothing to do with the anime. That’s Kadokawa and I think Warner Bros’ lane

Back