• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Toaru Franchise Discussion

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

Not really music related persay, but man imagine if Index got this level of quality dedicated to it.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Also anyone know about the mental out anime? Heard it was in the making after the Accelerator anime and that was it.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
How did Index get so shafted in the anime department anyway? Especially when the lns iirc make more revenue than the manga
Because Misaka. Girl is by far the most popular character in the series and to this day, no other light novel character comes close to the number of years she’s won popularity polls.

So of course, they put all the budget behind her anime adaptation

Mr.OMG

Paramount
How did Index get so shafted in the anime department anyway? Especially when the lns iirc make more revenue than the manga
Um, China? ToAru is very, very popular in Asian countries, especially in China, any thing related to ToAru immediately becomes popular, even the fucking Bilibili is named after Misaki Mikoto, what the fuck. And Railgun is a very lucrative business.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Um, China? ToAru is very, very popular in Asian countries, especially in China, any thing related to ToAru immediately becomes popular, even the fucking Bilibili is named after Misaki Mikoto, what the fuck.
What shit really? So Railgun is bigger than Index?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
See for yourself

8r7G5P3.gif

In terms of characters, Misaka has the most fans

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Damn I'd say that Kamachi should focus Railgun if this that much bigger. But iirc Railgun is written by different author overseen by Kamachi.

And Index definitely feels like a pet project that he doesn't wanna stop.

Mr.OMG

Paramount
What shit really? So Railgun is bigger than Index?
To be fair, Index is still very popular; it's been almost 20 years and it can still hit the top sales. And Railgun is popular because cute girls do cute things, you know, sometimes there's a cleavage show. It's like an ultimatum combo.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
To be fair, Index is still very popular; it's been almost 20 years and it can still hit the top sales. And Railgun is popular because cute girls do cute things, you know, sometimes there's a cleavage show. It's like an ultimatum combo.
Yeah but I thought Index was bigger, guess not.

Mr.OMG

Paramount
Damn I'd say that Kamachi should focus Railgun if this that much bigger. But iirc Railgun is written by different author overseen by Kamachi.

Nah, it's Kamachi who writes the story, but the man who draws the manga has a lot of freedom. Although you could say that Kamachi might just be bored of writing Railgun.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Index light novels still sell the most. It’s just Misaka herself that also carries the series.

She’s been very involved in the main story these days too

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
How much money does Kamachi and the Index series make anyway?

At this point with Railgun, Accelerator, Dark Matter, and Mental Out spinoffs plus other games/short stories it's feeling a lot like type-moon just not as big as their collection.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
How much money does Kamachi and the Index series make anyway?

At this point with Railgun, Accelerator, Dark Matter, and Mental Out spinoffs plus other games/short stories it's feeling a lot like type-moon just not as big as their collection.
The eventual To Aru and Fate crossover... :maybe

Back