Transformers feats/discussion

grillmaster

Paramount
reading Jhiaxus' ordering of the bombardment of Earth it implies the Twilight's sustained bombardment would have destroyed the whole planet
2dYg-x7YWqa8tZXyTSsDeAME7JUNRO5rPWHKT75gfqpXRM-BYreLWyG_gymDAXRghm4cyDnBKDCz=s1600

this is repeated later on, but as we know its initial shot completely obliterated San Francisco
follow up to this actually

Biggrim.jpg

Grimlock and Razorclaw can see the mushroom cloud from the Autobot base in the Nevada basin
Nevada is 334 miles (537 kilometers) from San Francisco in a direct line by air

grillmaster

Paramount
1713833956086.png
Now the mushroom cloud is so far away from our viewers here that much of it is actually behind the curve of the Earth, so we must account for earth's curvature next
went with 7 meters as grimlock is slightly taller than optimus (6 meters)
1713834049410.png

The mushroom cloud from the first shot of the Twilight is thus slightly over 82.2 kilometers in height

as a comparison, the Tsar Bomba's mushroom cloud reached a height of 60-67 kilometers

grillmaster

Paramount
note of course i dont think the height of the mushroom cloud is a good enough method to determine the power of the blast, so it would be better i assume to examine the actual destruction, but again we have no time frame so its kind of hard to do so

grillmaster

Paramount
we dont get a shot of a crater sadly, but we know San Francisco got utterly obliterated
and it covers an area of roughly 47 square miles (7.728 miles in diameter)

grillmaster

Paramount
BdkO21lrT9RO0f0u9OTpg-sRtsAulpHSanGpSagr-GVLFvBOruEhxz8VNDjJbU48G_frdhOofDna=s1600

this is pretty fucking brutal though
we see the entire golden gate bridge sent flying, which is pretty insane
edit: holy shit, looking at the previous page is that an ENTIRE SKYSCRAPER THAT GOT THROWN FROM THE CITY INTO THE AIR
the Golden Gate Bridge has a mass of about 382,000,000 kilograms, or 382,000 metric tons
(421,000 US tons) which is pretty impressive to see all blown away at once

Last edited:

grillmaster

Paramount
i will assume for simplicity the shockwave was what hit the bridge (since we see the fireball consuming skyscrapers it must not have hit yet)
the golden gate bridge is 7 km from san francisco in a straight line flight

so the shockwave of the blast must have reached 14 km out in diameter over... again we dont know a timeframe, what timeframe to we default to when we dont know

grillmaster

Paramount
yeah i really should make a calc thread to put all this there, i dont wanna clog the thread with my math ramblings

i asked Thirteen's thoughts but he hasnt yet replied
i hope this stuff isnt too excessive, i dont think im an expert with the math but im trying and its just fun to do

grillmaster

Paramount
1713856194130.png
reveal the shield lugnut, reading up on tfwiki this is the first time ive noticed wtf the Punch of Kill Everything IS, lol growing up i unironically used to think his arm was just an actual nuclear bomb and thats how it worked
apparently in reveal the shield (and possibly animated itself) he generates a gravitational singularity for a brief moment that makes everything explode
edit: Vector Prime confirmed the Lugnuts share body types as well as identities, so i guess this is consistent across realities if you want to go there

Last edited:
Back