• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Transformers feats/discussion

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
that feat, not as good as lightspeed's, but up there, mftl+ into a high degree overall

if you aint wally tier (and wally at his best), speed blitz aint having effect anymore on the tf chars

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
can't wait for that other hidden obscure tf speed feat, which gonna make the likes of bayformers prime this time, seeing seiya chars, in slow motion

:mjlol

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
So, something weird to discuss today

I have found absolute concrete evidence that Unicron was stated to be destabilizing the omniverse and clarification on Transformers having 'countless dimensions' in it

the catch

it's from an unused pitch Furman did for his Cybertron followup comic, and is thus non-canon
(Shout out to this person who reached out to me on another site and reminded me of Furman's Cybertron pitch)

BUT
we just learned sometimes this unused material still counts as canon earlier. Let's revisit and see what Vector says specifically about this

For reference here is the quote again

So it's slightly ambiguous, but we know these things can be "true and accurate conclusions" or "microcontinuities" (from a VS perspective, these are the branching parallel universes off the originals). Or absent from the multiverse. Let's examine Furman's pitch to see if there's any validity here, and what we can learn from it.

kZ3zJCG.jpg

Right off the bat Furman references the end of his Energon comics, where Unicron is wrecked by seismic charges. These were never published, but are canon via AVP. The next few paragraphs here line up with what we know from Cybertron/Galaxy Force as well as their tie-in comics. The highlighted red is where things get interesting. Transcribed below.

While the Botcon script can be criticized as vague for its 'countless dimension' statement (though I disagree, doesn't make sense to list three items but the first two are the same) this one...really can't be interpreted that way. Realities are full-stop, universes. If Unicron can only be in one at a time but exists across countless dimensions, then those dimensions obviously are not realities/timelines/universes etc. While the concept has been played with a lot and the weird acausal nature of the character makes it hard to understand, most material of the period depicted Unicron as popping into Unspace to observe universes that it would then enter and consume. One at a time from its perspective but not to anyone else because...he's outside time. This is clearly not talking about that, it's stating he exists in one universe while his "greater" existence extends further. Furman also wrote both Universe and its botcon scripts, as well as this pitch.

Additionally, the idea of all Unicrons being one actually originates from a word of god statement Furman gave in an interview in OTFCC #1.
byVNE8g.png
Basically I think this entire pitch, given it near fully lines up with the known canon, is at worst still usable as word of god statements. It also helps that this is really the most comprehensive explanation of what the Unicron Singularity/Grand Black Hole is actually doing, even more clear than TFCC's Balancing Act is.

However, that's not all.

Where have we heard of Unicron being a threat to the omniverse before?
J8kx1HTHyQCIIDEaY8uTIwVwuPPk_Yv7s5smeIoSXvmi3itO60LKBVuEYxe-FkcePaSMoQVfx4OgrcPQWiEAwDZXu4duxHw7d1QoBN2OqSbBIGbZLBOSLJyw_Z1QSPcBGifUSpac=s0
Primeval Dawn, which was not even written by Furman, yet aligns with this. The omniversal structure. Doesn't get more clear than that. The omniverse itself was also stated to possess "uncountable infinities" beyond the multiverse...and even a single universe in that has an "uncountable infinity" of branch universe.
There is also the bizarre planet Sandra "feat"

Where we already know even destroying one Cybertron can cause damage that extends all the way into the omniverse and can warp and fuse other local universes together. Is it really that ridiculous that the Singularity destroying countless universes and Cybertrons would not have similar, if not even worse effects, due to the more fundamental way Unicron destroys things? Omniverse has also never been used synonymously in Transformers with the main multiverse to my knowledge.

This is also backed up by Balancing Act, though some details were either changed or eschewed. Ramjet tries to convince Vector to help revive Unicron due to the balance of good and evil destroying everything. The Decepticon Matrix kills a Cybertron. We just are never shown how Ramjet got said Matrix (especially given all Unicrons are "dead" at that point in the comic). This also explains much more clearly how Unicron being 'evil' itself ruins existence if he's gone (though he was still sort of alive because he can't actually die, and Ramjet also says evil still exists but also that it's out of balance etc. it's weird)

If it were any other series I would not advocate for using something unpublished at all, but this is the one series with a fucked up enough canon to actually say unpublished stuff is real. At the very least I think it's usable as word of god explanations for how the singularity works. The only thing that actually directly contradicts anything is where it goes into Dreamwave's cybertron being destroyed (it says G1 but Furman specifies it's War Within G1 i.e. DreamWave) but...that may not actually be a contradiction at all? As Dreamwave was cancelled (fuck you Pat Lee), there's nothing conflicting with this, and Furman even called it a "short lived bubble universe" in Transformers: Earth Wars. This would certainly explain why it's "short-lived" lol

Thoughts? @Crimson Dragoon @Blade @Qinglong
I think there's still enough evidence even without this, but this is way clearer and lines up with the bulk of what Furman put in past stories like Universe 2003 and his Armada/Energon comics.
Important thing I meant to add to all this but forgot, is how Transformers has handled Furman's short story "Alignment"

For those who don't know, Alignment is a post G2 story Furman wrote and Geoff Senior did art for, that is entirely unofficial and untouched by Hasbro/Takara. It's never been reprinted or retroactively gotten an official release. But it's listed as "apocryphal" in tfwiki, and they explain why better than I could
Since writing "Alignment", Furman has incorporated some of the story's unique concepts in the official material he has worked on. The Furman-penned Transformers: The Ultimate Guide made reference to "Alignment", explicitly noting that it was unofficial, but reiterating the Liege Maximo's status as one of the group fiction now referred to as the thirteen original Transformers. Years later, that latter detail would become officialized.

"Alignment" was also responsible for coining the name "Galvatron II" to refer to the Galvatron introduced in "Rhythms of Darkness!", which was later officialized by e-HOBBY when they used it as the name of their exclusive version of the 2003 Galvatron reissue. Furthermore, the storyline which accompanied the e-Hobby Laser Ultra Magnus reissue described this Galvatron as possessing a Warworld, apparently taking its cue from the backstory briefly covered in "Alignment".

In 2010, in Transformers Animated: The AllSpark Almanac II, the authors Jim Sorenson and Bill Forster (through their in-universe proxies of the same names) noted that "Alignment" is an accurate account of the future of Primax 984.0 Gamma (i.e., Marvel Comics US continuity), "as chronicled by Simon Furman". Then, shortly after The AllSpark Almanac II was published, Jim Sorenson himself added the "apocrypha" template to this page, explicitly defining "Alignment" as not necessarily official. Then in August 2015, the Facebook version of Ask Vector Prime said this timeline definitely had "Mogahn the Mass, the Ebon Knights, the battle of Pinea Omicron, the Liege Maximo, and eventually the Beast Wars", as close to saying Alignment as possible without actually saying Alignment. Confused yet? Then, in 2016, the also Sorenson written story Book of Logos depicts (in its pseudo-Jacobean English speak) what sounds an awful lot like events from this story taking place in the Beast Wars: Uprising universe.

Note the bold. Despite being unofficial, Alignment is referenced constantly in official material, with even a direct confirmation that it happened accurately. Again, Alignment has never touched any official publication, whereas at least this pitch was published in IDW's Best of Simon Furman book. If Alignment can still count then I think using this as word of God for certain details as an absolute worst case scenario is still valid, especially given the clarity it gives to some other Furman and early 2000s era stories.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Swerve is able to quote the promo blurb for the comic he is inside of after this lol, so yeah it really is fourth wall breaking. Brainstorm doesn’t fuck around :skully

MTMTE is an amazing comic btw, I wish it was a little easier to get into bc once you get past a couple rough early chapters it is easily one of the best things I’ve ever read

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Alright

After several years, I have compiled every piece of information about the transformers cosmology that I know, and how it works into the opening post. There are citations for every single chapter I drew information from, tons of scans, quotes, etc. As far as I know, it is the first fully comprehensive transformers cosmology blog on the internet. I'm a fucking idiot and an insane person for doing this. If you are ever extremely bored and want to know how far down the rabbit hole goes, you can now read it all here. There might be some extremely minor things to add, like more context on Unspace or something, but the major points are here, and more importantly they aren't anywhere else.

I'll be using the first two posts I originally had for this back when there was a word count limit maybe as a link to calcs or other resources that are just good to have. IDW needs a scaling debunk full post. Maybe a general tier list would be good, i dont fucking know man. Why did I do this to myself. What's wrong with me.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
I was grabbing a few panels and quotes to update OP and caught something kinda funny I had missed

The spectacle awaiting him there was beyond awesome, and Leonicus booted up his optic circuits in stages to stagger the impact. The multi-aspected figure of the Chronarchitect shimmered in and out of a halo of energy that seemed to spill from a rip in the very fabric of the universe. Stars pulsed within its vacillating outline, an infinity of space and time packed within a single event horizon. A keening shrillness rose steadily around it, charging the protons and ions in the atmosphere, and in tiny, fumbling infant steps Leonicus realized the Chronarchitect was screaming. It was in pain.
It was in agony.

From Reaching the Omega Point, the image of the Chronarchitect that appeared before the Covenant apparently had compressed "an infinity of space and time" into its body????????

It's one of Unicron's siblings, so this makes sense but it took me by surprise lol.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Decided to go through FunPub stuff in full now (because it's cool, mainly) and ok I'm now 100% convinced Furman's Cybertron pitch is valid
ca3Pzyz.jpg

This seems like a completely innocuous page right? Well no, Starscream killing OverRun, a mini-con leader, never happened in canon, it was supposed to be published in the cancelled Energon comic, which wasn't actually declared canon for years after this, yet...here it is. Same comics Furman built the pitch off of, which some of found its way into this story.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Decided to go through FunPub stuff in full now (because it's cool, mainly) and ok I'm now 100% convinced Furman's Cybertron pitch is valid
ca3Pzyz.jpg

This seems like a completely innocuous page right? Well no, Starscream killing OverRun, a mini-con leader, never happened in canon, it was supposed to be published in the cancelled Energon comic, which wasn't actually declared canon for years after this, yet...here it is. Same comics Furman built the pitch off of, which some of found its way into this story.
get to the point

does this make a random autobot stronger than galactus or not :mjpls

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Apparently there's some new omniwhatever form Galactus now that's supposed to be stronger than he was as Lifebringer lol

The pitch basically elevates even a half-dead Unicron to being able to destabilize the omniverse though and a single avatar of Primus shut that all down so.......

Back