Transformers feats/discussion

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
also because the Singularity works within and outside of time/reality simultaneously, tanking it inside a universe like a few Cybertron/Galaxy Force characters did isn’t as impressive as Primus stopping the entire thing. From their POV, they were surviving a black hole slowly eating their universe. From Primus’s pov he just stopped it from destroying all of existence and all spacetimes. Its kind of weird.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Got something cool to share today, Hirofumi Ichikawa shared some background information on the Alternity stories he wrote!

Some really cool information here
-The Alternity storyline was never supposed to exist, he just kinda...did this :skully
-The Alternity's collective consciousness exists in one of the parallel universes in the "5th or higher dimensions". We knew the higher realms had their own universes, but this is a more direct confirmation as it had to be inferred previously. So now we know each "layer" of Transformers, contains its own branching universes, as per Alternity the ones above>the ones below.
-the 10D processor is half joking but half serious
-The Alternity may be able to push past 11 dimensions, but he intentionally had their evolution go "only a few steps up", their capacity beyond the 11th dimension would be limited
-He intentionally did not want to establish how many higher dimensions there are, he wants it to be vague
-The Critias Gate was believed to be able to generate a "new hyperspace" and discover other higher dimensional materials like Alternium, however this has never been proven, it is only a hypothesis in the story

Really cool to get direct insight from one of Transformers' most interesting and esoteric writers!

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Also want to note this regarding the Vok
Q: Dear Vector Prime,

If the Vok serve The One, which as I'm lead to understand is the sentient core of the Multiverse, is Nexus Zero located at the core of the Multiverse?

A: Dear Vociferous Vok Vagrant,

The Vok are strange and mysterious creatures, with motives opaque to outsiders, even myself. They swim in the streams of time and reality like oxide sharks in a rust sea, navigating the waters of existence with ease. Decoding what they know, why the act, may well prove impossible. Even their origins are shrouded in mystery; are they the future of humanity, hyper-evolved and free of the constraints of linear space/time? The Swarm, made ascendant? Those Who Came Before, who survived the birthpangs of the multiverse? Perhaps all of the above and more, for the multiverse is indeed vast.

As for the Sentient Core, some universes seem to have, at their core, The One, that is to say, the Universe in its entirety is an entity, that is to say, the quantum foam substrate, ever tumultuous, creating and destroying itself, that exists at a level barely perceivable except through the use of higher order mathematics, has agency and/or ego. Or so the words Primus spoke have been interpreted, so have the observations of physicist-philosopher-prophets been deciphered.

Some perceive The Source to be a Binary entity, Unicron and Primus, two sides of the same coin, the Time Walker the edge of the coin. Some hold similar beliefs but use other names, an infinity of them, more epithets than exist circuits in a body, positrons in a spark. Some believe the Blessed Core has a quintile nature, a five-fingered hand stretched forth to guide the mortal races. The Quintessons often count themselves among those who hold this dogma, patterning their highest cast around the five aspects of the Pentacore. Some faiths hold as doctrine that The One becomes seven in its quest to understand itself and the cosmos around it; some myths, thirteen. Some individuals, gifted with the divine or touched by madness, posit The Core is merely part of a pantheon, one of many Light Gods of Order to oppose the Dark Lords of Chaos.

Some societies acknowledge no Source, merely atechnogenesis and bio-evolution competing to self-organize. Some of these universes may grow and coalesce and unify, till all are one, and in a blinding apotheosis become The Core. Some iterations of what could be called The Source span multiple universes; some metastasize like a cancer, some send out hesitant overtures of peace and light and the music of the spheres.

And what of humanity? I will admit to being woefully ignorant of your belief systems, but what says your mythologies of the origin of all that is? Do you hold dear some creator concept that may be analogous to the multitudinous gospels and creeds I have encountered in my billions of stellar cycles of existence?

AVP gives one of its usual "non-answer answers" but this actually ends up explaining a lot. Though I am still quite certain "The One" mentioned in Primeval Dawn is actually Primus, due to the Grand Plan being Primus' plan not The One's in any story, this kinda makes clear that the Vok's contradictory origins may be another case of them all existing together, similar to how Unicron and Primus have multiple origins that all have evidence that they happened concurrently. I especially like the idea here that the Quintessons actually worship The One, and believe it to be a "five fingered hand" (obviously because, they are five-faced, and also full of themselves).

We also get a slight confirmation that while their surviving third sibling, the Chronarchitect (Time Walker) is somewhat weaker than Unicron and Primus. Unicron and Primus are called two halves of the coin, with the Time Walker being the edge, though this could be unrelated to power and mean Chronarchitect's domain is something else? Still, he hasn't been able to stop Unicron up to this point, and nobody has really, so I think it's safe to say he's the lesser of the three brothers.

What is confusing is we have no idea where Gaea fits into this, as she is very much another true singularity like these three, with little lore to accompany her. Unicron ate his species in Reaching the Omega Point, save the Chronarchitect who miraculously lived (never explained) so where on earth did she come from???

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
komAmdy.jpg

Also as pointed out to me by a friend off-site, from the You Can Draw Transformers book (which is a bizarrely good how to draw book in general), Furman mentions Unicron simultaneously exists in multiple realities and time zones. This is interesting because it flip flops how Unicron was being written at the time. In both his unused Pitch and Balancing Act, Unicron is said to be able to enter only one universe at a time (but the pitch also says he exists in Countless Dimensions concurrently, which led me to conclude those aren't universes).

Weird character. Nobody agrees on how he works because it fundamentally doesn't make sense, which is one of the main things I like about Transformers.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
also because the Singularity works within and outside of time/reality simultaneously, tanking it inside a universe like a few Cybertron/Galaxy Force characters did isn’t as impressive as Primus stopping the entire thing. From their POV, they were surviving a black hole slowly eating their universe. From Primus’s pov he just stopped it from destroying all of existence and all spacetimes. Its kind of weird.

summary: in vector's delusion and outdated windows version, a star level+ tech, is an omniversal threat, he gotta chill, that megaversal weed, better lay it off :wow

:mjlol

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
its cool how TF cant just say “this character destroyed X” they have to say “what if this thing also created plot holes and works completely differently in certain stories through a series of barely defined metrics”

Warlordgab

Illustrious
Hey, I have a question...

Are IDW and the Japanese G1 within the same continuity?

I ask because apparently Megatron met Deathsaurus (the main baddie from the Japanese G1) and even fought and defeated him in a gladiator match. Wouldn't this scale IDW characters to the Multiversal stuff from G1?
0c7.jpg

Doronbo_Shirake

Pochiton!

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Hey, I have a question...

Are IDW and the Japanese G1 within the same continuity?

I ask because apparently Megatron met Deathsaurus (the main baddie from the Japanese G1) and even fought and defeated him in a gladiator match. Wouldn't this scale IDW characters to the Multiversal stuff from G1?
0c7.jpg
Nah, nearly everything in transformers is either a separate continuity or branch universe. Which is why cross scaling is extremely finnicky. To add to that, even the g1 comics and cartoons and anime are all separate continuities, so it wouldn’t necessarily scale even if IDW G1=Regular G1

Alternate versions of Deathsaurus exist, which is what this version is. In most cases in Transformers, you can assume any character you are reading about has an alternate somewhere.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
just reposting @Stocking Anarchy ’s Gridman x Diaclone stuff here, as Diaclone is a very important part of Transformers canon and thus this information goes both ways

Diaclone officially takes place in the Cymond Cluster of the Transformers multiverse. Trigger finally got All-Canon’d lol

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
trying to find more info on New Gen Diaclone lore because it’s actually very interesting but afaik the current english translations available were said to be missing a lot of info by a guy heavily involved in archiving Pre-Transformers material

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
I also highly recommend his Gobots comic.
Still need to read that. I've been listening to his "tour of TF vs Joe" videos at work and it is amazing how much thought and passion he put into it. Really one of the all time greats and a guy who really loves comics as an artform and knows the history inside and out.

Back