• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Transformers feats/discussion

grillmaster

Paramount
one thing ive wondered about; is it ever explained the weird fluctuations in durability, not just in g1 but in any series? i sort of attributed it to being low on energon vs at full power, but thats just headcanon
my theory was sort of that energon permeates the cybertronians armor and forms an energon field that magnifies its durability significantly compared to what it would be on its own, and im confident cybertronian metal is already super strong to begin with

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
oh absolutely
i think they probably trend toward being bigger than the scale charts in the show, because they very blatantly grow in size, like devastator goes from six above average bots to being big enough to hold optimus prime in his hand like hes his toy, and that trend continues amongst every other combiner
i have nothing against combiners being giant in fact, personally id use it as a shorthand to show that combiners are more than the sum of their parts
its just real funny when they go from slightly larger than large but normal bots to being like the height of a skyscraper, i think thats a bit much lmao
I did think Bay’s team found a pretty creative way to have it both ways in ROTF: just have Devastator be made out of way more constructicons than usual

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
one thing ive wondered about; is it ever explained the weird fluctuations in durability, not just in g1 but in any series? i sort of attributed it to being low on energon vs at full power, but thats just headcanon
my theory was sort of that energon permeates the cybertronians armor and forms an energon field that magnifies its durability significantly compared to what it would be on its own, and im confident cybertronian metal is already super strong to begin with
some people interpret it as energon related, but I’ve never seen anything like it remotely explored, and given how rushed g1 writing is in general I doubt it was even on the writing team’s radar (Don Glut explicitly hated Transformers and all his writing on it) save for Cybertron because the characters were actively receiving shounen style powerups so it makes sense they used to be weaker

grillmaster

Paramount
some people interpret it as energon related, but I’ve never seen anything like it remotely explored, and given how rushed g1 writing is in general I doubt it was even on the writing team’s radar (Don Glut explicitly hated Transformers and all his writing on it) save for Cybertron because the characters were actively receiving shounen style powerups so it makes sense they used to be weaker
he simply could not comprehend the transformer sweep :wow

grillmaster

Paramount
I did think Bay’s team found a pretty creative way to have it both ways in ROTF: just have Devastator be made out of way more constructicons than usual
construction vehicles can be gigantic as is, but that is pretty clever too
LeTourneau-L-2350-e1601569514417.jpg

acco-super-dozer-1.jpg

i actually like the ROTF constructicon colors
more realistic than the green and purple but i like both

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
oh yeah the rotf individual constructibros are massive in their own right, but it was very easy to have a hundred+ foot Devastator when they're a small platoon instead of only 6 guys.

I like both colorschemes tbh, g1 works great for the classic guy, and the rotf colorscheme worked for live action

grillmaster

Paramount
shit i just remembered ive seen this exact image before
this is real
82695799d3a0ef231f5a3ccb87bb50ae.jpg

IMG_2555.JPG

grillmaster

Paramount
seeing real world vehicles that look like transformers is funny and always super surreal
3761125_Q2BlpT7JrH21Bm4vzSbzDF9fNFxpwnxpRxAcZqL4KdI.jpg

I was able to find out a little bit about it. Apparently, the owners of the rock quarry that he perches above bought him as is- that is, he came with the Decepticon logo already painted on him way back around 1984. They didn't know what TFs were (at the time) and have never bothered to change it since. The dump truck itself is burnt out & unusable, which is why it's sat in the same spot, unmoved for decades.
The 'con logo is only on the one side- something I never knew until today. I was hoping to get a pic with my wife & son in the pic too, but there's really not much space to stand on in front of him & the rocky, man-made hill isn't exactly the safest to be taking newborns out onto. So for this year, just me in the pic. I kinda love the idea of making a yearly pilgrimage to visit Longhaul.
And contrary to what anyone may say, this is definitely Longhaul & not any other green dump truck that has come down the line in the fiction since then. Since this truck first appeared shortly after the original show began airing, it can only be Longhaul. 😀
:)

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
Beast Wars kind of implies it’s energon levels when a supercharged Terrorsaur tanks Megatron’s missiles, and I don’t remember him doing anything like that again in his regular levels

grillmaster

Paramount
as a serious answer i dont think they got stronger, you might be getting confused that they were celebrating cause megatron got ahold of the Heart of Cybertron and now he could shoot force lightning

grillmaster

Paramount
Scorponok vs Shockwave

We are given i think some rough ideas of how they compare, Shockwave posits a max power shot could get through Scorponok's armor, and we see Scorponok shrugging off the combined assault of four other decepticons, doing at worst superficial damage.
Of course, the final conclusion is Scorponok > Shockwave, although Shockwave most likely could hurt him nonetheless

Back