• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Transformers feats/discussion

grillmaster

Paramount
so this is the Omega Wave (Omega Whip is a mistranslation) Cannon
Scramble%20City%2001.jpg

its an enormous electromagnetic cannon, which shown here destroys an entire city in one shot
the entire city is being magnetically ripped asunder and swirling around a giant sphere (i assume a literal death ball of magnetic fuckery)

grillmaster

Paramount
im skipping through this a little bit, but the cannon actually gets used to target superion

Scramble%20City%2013.jpg

Scramble%20City%2014.jpg

he is hit dead on multiple times and survives, fighting on through SHEER FORCE OF WILL (japanese transformers moment)
he is damaged however and rendered unable of changing his configuration to defend against menasor, but things work out
a girl... seduces starscream?? hugs him and makes him drop his guard??? i dont understand this, but she puts a thing on him to mind control him and he blows up the cannon, and then metroplex shows up and the autobots just bum rush the decepticons

grillmaster

Paramount
im skipping through this a little bit, but the cannon actually gets used to target superion

Scramble%20City%2013.jpg

Scramble%20City%2014.jpg

he is hit dead on multiple times and survives, fighting on through SHEER FORCE OF WILL (japanese transformers moment)
he is damaged however and rendered unable of changing his configuration to defend against menasor, but things work out
a girl... seduces starscream?? hugs him and makes him drop his guard??? i dont understand this, but she puts a thing on him to mind control him and he blows up the cannon, and then metroplex shows up and the autobots just bum rush the decepticons
i mention this as in the Animated Almanacs, we find the Animated version of Kalis' Lament
The Kalis' Lament is one of the Thanatos-class of starships that the Decepticons have built after they lost the Great War. It is the personal starship of Strika. While not as powerful as older ships such as the Nemesis, they are still potent. They are armed with eight omega whip cannons, starblitz torpedoes, and energy shields, which are unfortunately not that effective due to the ship's small size. The size, however, does permit them to reach unmatched acceleration.
Cool detail I like, its named the Thanatos-class, after Razorclaw's ship in Stormbringer, it even has Starblitz torpedoes
In Stormbringer, Razorclaw was under orders from Megatron to use them to destroy Cybertron if he had to in order to stop Thunderwing

grillmaster

Paramount
on the note of references as well, the Nemesis in Animated is named a Doomsday-class warship, the Doomsday being the flagship of the Decepticons in Transformers Armada
Hyperion_doomsday.jpg

Doomsday-sketch.jpg

it was only named in Micron Legend however

grillmaster

Paramount

i just thought about this, have we seen any calcs of the destruction of moonbase 2?
could be pretty nuts for scaling, considering unicron quite literally eats the explosion

grillmaster

Paramount
okay doing pixel measurements i got a size for the moon of 1,440.4 kilometers in diameter
not bad, not bad
now the troublesome part, mass

grillmaster

Paramount
okay doing pixel measurements i got a size for the moon of 1,440.4 kilometers in diameter
not bad, not bad
now the troublesome part, mass
i got a mass of 1.236161039589056e+22 kg as a low end (assume that moonbase two actually does have gravity generators of some kind; i do not assume this for cybertron because cybertron is a decimated wasteland and they would not have had any energon for that at the time

grillmaster

Paramount

i just thought about this, have we seen any calcs of the destruction of moonbase 2?
could be pretty nuts for scaling, considering unicron quite literally eats the explosion

okay this
this is fucking insanity
so going frame by frame, going from the beams of light of the explosion, the first elements of debris reach the screen four frames after
the film presumably runs at 24 FPS
the actual fireball of the blast that we see takes two frames, but its entirely possible it was slowed down because it was half consumed by unicron, but in those two frames it explodes out so fast its almost as big as unicron himself

grillmaster

Paramount
1713821452120.png
using the edge here. it went 52 pixels, in 4 frames
312 pixels per second debris speed
17,284 km per second
17,284,800 m/s

Using low end, calculated mass (1.236161039589056e+22 kg):
1.8466040066366E36 J (441.348 Yottatons, round up maybe to 441.35 if you wish idk, but I think Large Planet Level)

High end (using earth mass because lmao):
8.9270776138752E+38 J (213 Ronnatons, or Dwarf Star level)

Last edited:

grillmaster

Paramount
whichever you believe is more accurate, im tending toward the lower end though if you wanna be absurd you could use the high one, considering spike walks around in his exosuit seemingly without any magnetism going on so you could argue its got earth mass, but its so small and he needs an exosuit so i really doubt that

scaling wise the high end would fit with the high tier characters at least, but its so shaky eerghhhh

grillmaster

Paramount
Unicron tanked this with 0 damage, it didnt even smudge his armor with looney toons soot or anything, meanwhile later in the film we see he is able to inflict physical damage upon himself with his bare hands, meaning his AP is obviously higher than this explosion
and obviously, the matrix was able to blow him the fuck apart, ACTUALLY WAIT I COULD CALCULATE UNICRONS DESTRUCTION
IT NEVER ENDS

grillmaster

Paramount
so this is the Omega Wave (Omega Whip is a mistranslation) Cannon
Scramble%20City%2001.jpg

its an enormous electromagnetic cannon, which shown here destroys an entire city in one shot
the entire city is being magnetically ripped asunder and swirling around a giant sphere (i assume a literal death ball of magnetic fuckery)
i wonder if its possible to calculate the strength of this magnetic field, that looks insane

Back