• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Transformers feats/discussion

grillmaster

Paramount
Decided to go through FunPub stuff in full now (because it's cool, mainly) and ok I'm now 100% convinced Furman's Cybertron pitch is valid
ca3Pzyz.jpg

This seems like a completely innocuous page right? Well no, Starscream killing OverRun, a mini-con leader, never happened in canon, it was supposed to be published in the cancelled Energon comic, which wasn't actually declared canon for years after this, yet...here it is. Same comics Furman built the pitch off of, which some of found its way into this story.
this was your reasoning i found

grillmaster

Paramount
considering again how the multiverse works, down to unpublished shit being canon
the ending of the energon comic is canon despite never being released, and if the cybertron pitch is a continuation of his energon storyline, the same way his energon storyline was a continuation of armada even down to the numbering, i think its possible
not as concrete as we'd like of course, but still

all we need is one alternate universe where this happens the thinnest threads :mjgrin

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
this was your reasoning i found
playing devil’s advocate…against myself, someone could easily just argue this only canonizes the Energon scripts and not the Cybertron pitch, since the FunPub comics changed things like how Nemesis Prime got the Dead Matrix, the rest of the pitch doesn’t contradict anything else though afaik

it’s just in a very weird spot. The only interview I could find mentioning it Furman just says IDW ultimately went in a totally different direction, which he thinks was a good choice

grillmaster

Paramount
playing devil’s advocate…against myself, someone could easily just argue this only canonizes the Energon scripts and not the Cybertron pitch, since the FunPub comics changed things like how Nemesis Prime got the Dead Matrix, the rest of the pitch doesn’t contradict anything else though afaik

it’s just in a very weird spot. The only interview I could find mentioning it Furman just says IDW ultimately went in a totally different direction, which he thinks was a good choice
"devils advocate... against myself" amazing :wow

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
one weird thing, not related to scaling just as background info, is that all this means at minimum Forest Lee had access to the Energon unpublished scripts to write Balancing Act, and possibly that he had seen the Pitch since he uses the exact same plot points, the details were just shifted around a bit

grillmaster

Paramount
one weird thing, not related to scaling just as background info, is that all this means at minimum Forest Lee had access to the Energon unpublished scripts to write Balancing Act, and possibly that he had seen the Pitch since he uses the exact same plot points, the details were just shifted around a bit
the esoteric knowledge

grillmaster

Paramount
Nemesis Prime is armed with a Stellar Converter Cannon, which sounds gnarly
s-l1200.webp

there is one other character i have found who has this same weapon
IMG_1186.JPG

grillmaster

Paramount
Something slightly related. heres the japanese bios
00 God of Creation Primus
Function: God of Creation
Transformation: Planet (Seibertron) / Super Colossal Spaceship
Ability: The creator and God of all Transformers. Since the creation of the Transformers he was thought to be a legend, but his true form is a colossal Transformer that turns into their home world of Seibertron. His existence is to cherish the entire universe, the exact opposite of the evil Galactic Emperor Unicron. Capable of flight in ultra-subspace in his spaceship mode, thought to have existed in another dimension’s universe before the creation of the Transformers. His existence is wrapped in mystery.
Character: A being who loves peace and order throughout the universe.
Weapon(s): Planet cannons on both shoulders can destroy stars. His Brightness Shot slices through planets.
PWR...NA; INT...NA; SPD...NA; END...NA; RNK...NA; CRG...NA; FPR...NA; TECH...NA; TTL...NA

MX-00 Unicron / Star Emperor
“I am Unicron, ruler of the universe!”
Unicron is the size of a moon and is a mobile battle fortress possessing over a thousand weapons and a huge mouth which devours everything in his path. His Spark burns with an unending hunger. His goal is to rule the universe and control all forms of life.
PWR...∞; INT...∞; SPD...∞; END...∞; RNK...∞; CRG...∞; FPR...∞; TECH...∞

grillmaster

Paramount
so at least according to Galaxy Force, the cannons on his shoulders can blow up stars

well they are called Stellar Converter Cannons in english
what are they converting the stars into lol

Back