TYPE-Moon/Nasuverse Feats/General Thread

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
What is "Tam Lin" supposed to mean? The only folklore I'm aware of with that name is the dude who knocked up a chick and then got her to save him from being a sacrifice by yanking him off his horse :hm

What is "Tam Lin" supposed to mean? The only folklore I'm aware of with that name is the dude who knocked up a chick and then got her to save him from being a sacrifice by yanking him off his horse :hm

Because that's what Tam Lin actually is, it's a bard in the story of the same name.
The problem is that people go straight for "Tam Lin is a name and not a title" when the thing is Nasu most likely KNOWS Tam Lin isn't a title but he went with it for the thematic structure of him and the Fairy Knights:

She asks him whether he was ever human, either after that reappearance or, in some versions, immediately after their first meeting resulted in her pregnancy. He reveals that he was a mortal man, who, falling from his horse, was caught and captured by the Queen of Fairies. Every seven years, the fairies give one of their people as a teind (tithe) to Hell and Tam fears he will become the tithe that night, which is Hallowe'en. He is to ride as part of a company of elven knights. Janet will recognise him by the white horse upon which he rides and by other signs. He instructs her to rescue him by pulling him down from the white horse, so Janet "catches" him this time, and holds him tightly. He warns her that the fairies will attempt to make her drop him by turning him into all manner of beasts (see Proteus), but that he will do her no harm. When he is finally turned into a burning coal, she is to throw him into a well, whereupon he will reappear as a naked man, and she must hide him. Janet does as she is asked and wins her knight. The Queen of Fairies is angry but acknowledges defeat.[2][5]

The main point is that just like Tam Lin who was ultimately a Man who became a Fairy and was rescued and became a man, Morgan's attempt to rescue them from their fate(Melusine and Barghest becoming Albion, Sith ultimately being reduced to a person with no limbs and dying alone and abused) by inscribing onto them parts of the KoTR Saint Graphs is an echo to the story of Tam Lin.

So if you put the story in reverse, that's why Tam Lin can work for them... the problem is that Tam Lin is not a title, it's way too on the nose and if you know the story beats of Tam Lin, it's a huge ass spoiler to the fates of Melusine, Barghest and Sith in that they have no happy ending in the Lostbelt.

Really ?
Nothingburger to me.

"Altria" miffs me more.

I was more saying general points because to be frank? Altria is infinitely worse and otherwise I could give a fuck less about Tam Lin as atleast there's basis in why Nasu/Type-Moon chose it vs. Altria which I know he pilfered from Google Translate, refuses to go to Artoria and they even say Artoria in Japanese.

Besides I'm lazy and Tam Lin is far shorter to type than Faerie/Fae Knight.

LB6 feels refreshing after the shitshow that was Heian kyo, NGL

I had to spend yesterday doing the rest of the free nodes I didn't finish yet so I plan to do LB6 in earnest myself. Heian Kyo was an absolute waste of time and Kintoki so yeah, hopefully I can get past the darkness of LB6 and see what story Nasu wanted to write.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Imma quickly jot this down cause it's interesting to me and i didn't really thought about it the first time i perused through the scripts.

So Great Mothers /Fathers or A-rays are basically Elementals that are pretty close in nature if not equivalent to TAs .

They have their own versions of Marble Phantasm a.k.a Fae Domains but without notable exceptions the domain goes apeshit and it falls apart, the user as well.

And unlike TAs who go Luminary when things get apeshit and who have the ability to reform , A-Rays turn into Nightcalls .

So, on the Totem Pole of stuff that the Planet shits out , TAs seem to have their shit together a little more tightly .

Last edited:
That stuff comes from Lostbelt 6? Nice.

I also have started playing LB6 and they really get at you that Rhongomyniad's Barriers of Light also block dimensional access so it really is similar to D4C's Love Train in that respect.
I'm not sure they mentioned it in Camelot but that does make it more impressive Ozymandias was not only able to breach it but destroy it with multiple Dendera Light Bulbs.

ESRB rated Fate/Samurai Remnant and...

This is an action game in which players follow the story of a swordsman during the Edo Period of Feudal Japan. Players explore cities, interact with characters, complete objectives, and engage in melee-style combat. Players use swords to battle human enemies (e.g., ninjas, samurai) and fantastical creatures (e.g., demons, ghosts) in fast-paced combat. Battles are highlighted by sword-slashing effects, cries of pain, and blood-splatter when characters are hit. Cutscenes depict additional instances of violence and blood/gore: characters decapitating serpent creatures; a character's severed arm falling to the ground; a character impaled through the chest—blood pooling underneath the body. During the course of the game, the text makes several references to brothels and prostitution (e.g., “...{M]aybe we could keep that brothel map our little secret”; “...prices for time with a courtesan are quite high”; “It wouldn't be known for prostitution anymore.”). The dialogue contains references to alcohol and tobacco (e.g., “A sweet, easy-to-drink, luxury sake"; “I'm quite fond of this country's liquor”; “A favorite among drunkards at the food stalls”; “A vermillion pipe with burnt tobacco inside”); a handful of sequences depict characters holding smoking pipes. The word “sh*t” appears in the game.

It can still be a Dynasty Warriors-type game but it's definitely feels closer to Ni-Oh/Dark Souls to me. People on Reddit are speculating on whose gonna appear and what's going on based on the descriptions so who knows really.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Is it coming this year ?

Man , it's going to be packed with all FGO shit, Tsuki Re Ciel and god willing, if that CCC translation gets done.

Okay, I'm at the end of Chapter 3 and putting down some notes for now:

- They pretty much admit that a Single Knight of Morgan has as much Magical Energy that even Castoria, Tristan, Da Vinci and Ritsuka with Shadow Servants can barely take down 1 and 3 of them is too much. This is including Castoria before she rang any bells obviously so we won't include that for later on.

- The Human Soldiers tend to be weaker than the Faeries but work as deterrent for the Mors as only the Fang Clan can reliably defeat them otherwise without becoming Mors(And Humans can't become Mors... well sorta but we will get to that later). This also means Humans with Iron Weapons and Mors Poison laced on it is a major threat to Faeries at that though only in numbers.

- Lostbelt Percival is equal to a Tam Lin Knight outright to the point Morgan herself wanted him to join her Army with full honors.

- TL Gawain annihilates most of the rebel army in one attack and it was only that due to wanting to keep the Ranch intact. In an open field, she could have killed everyone with an AOE attack.

- Tam Lin Gawain is stated by Ritsuka to be as strong as Gawain in Camelot(So this means TL Gawain is at the level of Numerals Gawain at all times... which is terrifying) and Da Vinci can't read her output due to this(So this also implies that she's also at Grail Gawain's level at Summer 4 which is also how he was at Camelot).

- Tristan, as a last resort, can use his bow strings to use the resources around him for extra durability and strength(Atleast that's how the scene plays it out as TL Gawain and Tristan state she's basically being held down by the entire Human Ranch... and it isn't small by any means).

- TL Gawain's Noble Phantasm destroys the entire Human Ranch as she killed Tristan but she also states Tristan's final gambit hurt her more than she thought... but she states she only feels numb everywhere which means she most likely expected it to do dick.

There's more from what I played through and what I took pics on but I'm atleast putting this up so I can remember the basics when I start the LB6 Archives after finishing the LB5 Archives

EDIT: I forgot to mention one final thing:
They confirmed numerous times that Tristan does not use Magical Energy at all using Failnaught normally despite Fairies being able to detect Magical Energy including Artoria Caster when she first saw it and Barghest wondering how the hell he did his final gambit without plucking the strings.
I guess this confirms that Servants actually don't waste Magical Energy like that in most circumstances without Skill usage or boosting their Noble Phantasm's power

Last edited:
Alright, I'm done with Part 1 of Lostbelt 6 and while I don't have a huge amount to talk about as it's just Part 1 and Part 2 will be coming in little over a week(And when the real shit starts), I will say I actually get where Nasu is coming from with the Faeries compared to fan translations which tend to... skip the hell over them and go to the brass tacks.

Of course, we get their bad sides, their absolute volatile nature, horrific naivety and their "Don't give a fuck" attitude but I can see where he's coming from also with their good sides, especially in the company of humans and they aren't instantly eating them.
This was the one element I found missing in every fan translation of Lostbelt 6 to the point it got honestly a little absurd in how little it covers the faeries without generally making shit up or going overboard in trying to save face for them.

I can definitely see Nasu's old ass(lol) gaining some massive whimsy because this feels like he wanted to invent a whole ass different world for once which is far more apparent in comparison to just the "Good vs. Evil" story he wanted to do beforehand(Which would have still lead to a betrayal anyway... that's hilarious) and even notes that basically fills in with all of the shit that happened throughout Faerie Britain which never happened in any other Lostbelt(Which is a massive waste of World Building, most other Lostbelts barely give any real mention to the before or after Divergence Period, just the Divergence itself).

I honestly felt bad for Rob and Wag and Winky got what was coming to him, we don't really get much from Lancelot/Melusine in comparison to Part 2, they actually made Gawain extremely brutal and no-nonsense which I was not expecting that from Barghest and yeah, they made Tristan/Sith a real bitch but I think Nasu went a little too hard as I can see people not liking her even after her backstory reveal after that. Morgan also doesn't have much presence(Which was surprising), Woodwose was WAY different than I expected(I expected him to be her diligent Right Hand or atleast shown more loyal than the others, instead he's basically no different than Boggart, just LESS assholish to Morgan), Spriggan is like how I thought he was and Aurora... he wrote her fine at the moment.

All I know is that Part 2 is gonna suck for me considering I was never good for how a certain character goes out and even with context, it just makes it worse...

Speaking of that, since I realize I have ALOT of wasted time on my hands, for this week till Lostbelt 6.2, I not only plan on completing the rest of the LB5 Archives as quickly as possible, I plan on trying to finish them 2 at a time. I won't include Manga feats currently for the Servants and I will ignore all but the most blatant things from Apocrypha for Achilles(Outside of maybe one feat Crimson King brought up to me but I'll probably clear it with Cross and Rey first). I want to do it so I can have a better clear head for LB6 as a whole without anything else getting in the way. I did do it for Lostbelt 3 before and I can definitely do it here.

Proto234

Distinguished
Tbh though, I have no problem at all with the fae post part 1. It's only after part 2 that I started passionately hates them, so might want to wait until part 2 because that's where the main meat of the Lostbelt

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
I was curious to see if my opinion would change now that i properly experienced the story, along with the visual , music and gameplay as opposed to just reading shit but...

Part 1 was pretty shite, all things considered , only things i liked about it was Boggart and the culmination at the end.

I get what Nasu was trying to do, but it just doesn't work within the limitations of the game.

The pacing was atrocious and the payoff didn't justify all that meandering and split between two characters.

Proto234

Distinguished
I was curious to see if my opinion would change now that i properly experienced the story, along with the visual , music and gameplay as opposed to just reading shit but...

Part 1 was pretty shite, all things considered , only things i liked about it was Boggart and the culmination at the end.

I get what Nasu was trying to do, but it just doesn't work within the limitations of the game.

The pacing was atrocious and the payoff didn't justify all that meandering and split between two characters.
Understandable, even I doesn't think much of LB6 before part 2.

If you guys aren't wondering why I'm not following through on my plans, blame the Reddit Blackout where most of the Mat information is.

I'm going to have to scour through Beast's Lair and see if they have his info in their Mat Translation Section but I'm not holding my breath.

Back