unpopular opinions thread: olf o bee dee edition

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Nah the movies are pgood

and they keep with the spirit of DP's character. Deadpool himself is just the type of character you either love or hate

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
American comic books are past the point of no return. There is no real fixing the industry. DC and Marvel need to be buried at this point. Same with Image Comics.

Due not just to it becoming woke, but also because the horrible fanbase turned it into a religion. Now everything has to be like a comic book. Oversaturation has destroyed any mystique it once had. It needs to go back to being a niche hobby. That's the only way it could improve. The problem is that now they're too popular for that to happen.

Popularity in general is the beginning of the end for any franchise. As what made it good becomes censored to draw in a wider audience. This with more streamlined topics and different subject matter. Then as that makes money? They completely abandon their roots and reinvent themselves for this new audience. The only times when this is a good thing is when the original was actually bad.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Biggaversal debates and threads have become worse than ever as people never debate the characters themselves anymore. Now it's all based on the setting cosmology: if one character has the bigger cosmology, they win.

Is your universe more infinite than the other guy's? Are there more pocket dimensions, timelines, or bigger-on-the-inside rooms in your universe than the other guy? Is there some vague way you can say "actually this place they're in is probably a universe and not just a space room" or something? Then you win.

There's no more debate on what the other guy can do anymore. Character A can have some more hax, better showings, or what have you, but character B's setting has an extra layer in his universe, therefore he wins.

Is scaling involved to reach these conclusions? Of course they are, blowing up a bigger universe is going to be more impressive than blowing up a smaller one. Is it technically correct? I mean, it's certainly a sound reasoning, I'd put my money on the guy who hits harder. Does it matter more than what the characters can do themselves? Absolutely. Which is what I'm getting at.

I'm not saying all biggaversal stuff should be treated as equal, nor am I saying we should abandon biggaversal debates or conclusions altogether. And I'm definitely not saying we should ignore or cherrypick scaling, don't get it mixed up. I'm just saying that, especially with the overall power creep (of which I have some thoughts on but that's for another time), there aren't that many threads involving uni+ and above characters and verses as there used to be. Especially considering most of them are decided by what character scales to the bigger cosmology. It's boring, that's my issue.

Biggaversal debates and threads have become worse than ever as people never debate the characters themselves anymore. Now it's all based on the setting cosmology: if one character has the bigger cosmology, they win.

Is your universe more infinite than the other guy's? Are there more pocket dimensions, timelines, or bigger-on-the-inside rooms in your universe than the other guy? Is there some vague way you can say "actually this place they're in is probably a universe and not just a space room" or something? Then you win.

There's no more debate on what the other guy can do anymore. Character A can have some more hax, better showings, or what have you, but character B's setting has an extra layer in his universe, therefore he wins.

Is scaling involved to reach these conclusions? Of course they are, blowing up a bigger universe is going to be more impressive than blowing up a smaller one. Is it technically correct? I mean, it's certainly a sound reasoning, I'd put my money on the guy who hits harder. Does it matter more than what the characters can do themselves? Absolutely. Which is what I'm getting at.

I'm not saying all biggaversal stuff should be treated as equal, nor am I saying we should abandon biggaversal debates or conclusions altogether. And I'm definitely not saying we should ignore or cherrypick scaling, don't get it mixed up. I'm just saying that, especially with the overall power creep (of which I have some thoughts on but that's for another time), there aren't that many threads involving uni+ and above characters and verses as there used to be. Especially considering most of them are decided by what character scales to the bigger cosmology. It's boring, that's my issue.
Ur right.

Shit was way more fun when Solar Sytem Level actually meant something

Back