unpopular opinions thread: olf o bee dee edition

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Some animu hot takes. Rengoku vs Akaza is a ridiculously overrated fight scene and the epitemy of style over substance. Yes it's excellently animated and the music is timed perfectly, but thematically and emotionally it's hollow. A guy we know nothing about suddenly having more backstory crammed in as the fight is happening vs some high level demon out of nowhere who wants to make Rengoku a demon because of da powah levelz (despite literally none of Rengoku's group having done this ever). I was waiting for a twist where it turned out where Akaza was Rengoku's brother, because surely the fightscene had something. Then my friend reminded me that each of the strongest demons are centuries old.

I have no problem at all with how Aang defeated Firelord Ozai.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
kimetsu is overall a mid series, manga is average at best

thanks to ufotable, the series became that popular, ufotable's budget is the reason, this series is on the internet and on top best animated fights, out there

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
- psp, switch, gba, 3ds and gbc = best handheld consoles
- dubs are becoming equals or better to many subs, in vgames, the dub is mostly better, for years now
- animation wise, 90s/early 00s series still have better designs and plus, ost
- feats > statements, as long as those statements are reliable and supplement the feats, no hype, actual legit statements, with the context being on point
- potter verse is still a bad series, and the books are mid too, never got the hype about it

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Nickelback is unironically fucking great. This isn't even Vs related, I just think their music is way better than people make it out to be.

:catjamn

4gGzGMC.jpg

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It's already a pretty unpopular opinion here that I really like Final Fantasy XIII and it's one of my favorite FF games, but after my recent play through, I think I can one up that with something more specific.

I actually think Chapter 11 (ie the Gran Pulse chapter where the gameplay "opens up" and you get side missions, where most people say it "gets good/better" as it were) might be my least favorite part of the entire game.

The simple fact is that it was the story, characters and the battle system that won me over to Final Fantasy XIII. While there is SOME good characters development in Chapter 11 (particularly for Hope, Light and Vanille) and lore to find, there are long stretches of NOTHING and during all this, the plot grinds to a screeching halt. The battle system can only carry the game on its own for so long.

Not helped by the fact that your goal in the longest chapter of the game turns out to be a waste of fucking time (aside from visual and audio value of seeing Oerba and hearing its theme I guess). Even Barthandelus says that all they're doing is wasting time "chasing dreams and shadows" and I can't help but agree with him.

It's telling that when I started Chapter 12, I only intended to start it and turn the game off once I got to a save, but I got caught up in the hype as shit was actually happening again and ended up going straight to Chapter 13 before I stopped.

PS. Cid Raines and Yaag Rosch are both good characters, even if I hate that Cid got screwed at the end and Rosch didn't get enough screen-time.

Last edited:

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
another thing i dislike a lot is, when these weird/creepy ningens have to gender bender fictional chars

and ship them, in order to please their weird and degen agenda or force them to be yaoi/yuri coules when a char is hetero, either man or woman

this

bs exists for many, many years now and now its even weirder than before

ublock origin is truly the best app for blocking terribleness like that

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
its really sad and frustrating when most of the next gen kids/peeps, don't know basic human facts and etymologies, by not actually reading books or learning geography and other stuff

and rely instead

on cheap wiki articles or google info from random blogs

i dont blame them, cuz they aint their fault, for the most part

whose fault is this? the educational system and goverment's (for most of the countries out there) which needs a full reboot and start teaching the basic and important things, plus, principles and importance of being aware of how and what is the world's history

in states, for example, i was watching recently vids on youtube where they were asking them to name countries in usa (to bait them and check their knowledge)

and some were saying nonsensical stuff like south africa and new zealand even, and i was like

bruh

just wow

Back