What Are Some Of The Most Retarded Characters Or Plots You've Ever Witnessed?

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member

Inspired by me ragging on Batman :mjlol

Got two picks. First is Red Death.

Like bruh apparently Batman's reasoning for sacrificing Barry is because Barry isn't doing a good enough job and Batman wants to protect more???

Like the Flash, dude so fast that he can case every inch of the city in a blink of eye, isn't doing a good job???:dafuq

That's already unbelievable but there's the second part of Batman wanting to protect more. Like bruh, you know what would actually protect citizens? PUTTING YOUR VILLAINS IN PRISON!!:whatisthis

Or hell putting more security in Arkham Asylum, literally fuck the no-kill rule at this point, your villains have done so much vile shit that your pretty much willingly allowing more people to die by keeping them alive and in places that are apparently very easy to break out of.

So Batman somehow manages to capture barry because lol freeze gun and turns his car into a cosmic treadmill fuses with Barry and becomes a speedster. And then becomes evil, like the moment Bruce becomes red death he instantly turns into a tyrant with no actual explanation.:tripscust

Its so fucking bad.

Second is Hazel from RWBY, I'm going off the wiki here but his bio is just stupid.

So he hates Ozpin to the point where he teamed up with Salem and is willing to kill a kid because Ozpin apparently killed his sister.

Except for the fact that his sister at this point is a huntress... and that Beacon Academy is pretty much a college. So his sister is an adult and should've known what she was getting into when becoming a huntress+ Ozpin doesn't control the fucking grimm, that's salem, its the grimm that killed your sister not Ozpin!:whatisthis

And so he does at least fight Salem, but gives up after realizing he cant kill her because shes immortal and then joins her side because??? Literally no reason for him to turn villain, and then somehow, seeing the relic is enough to answer whatever questions are in that empty skull of his and betray salem... :maury

And through all this whatever Hazel wanted is never explained.

like holy shit this is so fucking bad. :heston

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
People will tell me I'm wrong but fuck the entire plot of re:zero. I've never seen an author go out of his way so hard to keep his protagonists from getting a w in my life. Nothing you say will convince me that this isn't shit.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
People will tell me I'm wrong but fuck the entire plot of re:zero. I've never seen an author go out of his way so hard to keep his protagonists from getting a w in my life. Nothing you say will convince me that this isn't shit.
:wow

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Komamura losing himself to revenge.

So the man has dealt with discrimination his whole life and goes through his best friend betraying him and joining a sociopath with a God complex. He then fights against said friend (who is actively trying to kill him) without a trace of anger involved because (no matter how much people try to pretend otherwise) Sajin DID understand what led Tosen to this AND sees said friend die in front of him...and his only reaction is a momentary burst of anger before quickly calming down once Ichigo shows up and he realizes what Aizen was doing.

Never mind the fact that he admits he knew the whole time what Tosen's path would likely lead to and the whole reason he stayed friends with him was to try and steer him away from it. Komamura was the ultimate bro, who could see what revenge did to his best friend and had already gone through some shit and barely had a momentary burst of anger to show for it.

So of course the first invasion then happens and his personality takes a complete and total 180, with him literally giving up his fucking heart so he could turn immortal temporarily and get REVENGE. How in the utter fuck does this sound ANYTHING like the character we see in the first half of the manga? The shift isn't earned at all and it ended up being one of the few storylines in anything that had me exit the video (Youtube compilation of the manga fight) in sheer disgust.

One of the worst moments of complete character assassination I've ever witnessed, especially coming from the actual author who created the character and not being a case of another writer mishandling them.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
There's other examples but I'll just post the one I sent to @Crimson Dragoon

Nate Qinglong — Today at 13:22
that reminds me though one of the last 3 I read was monumentally stupid
looks like a pretty typical MC betrayed by fiancée for power right
except in the novel both of them were trying to master a special technique with two parts, which required one of them to die to complete the technique, which the MC conveniently forgot about on rebirth
so it really looks like this

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Last of Us 2

The random NPC surgeon you killed at the end of the first game turning out to have a roided up silverback gorilla of a daughter that becomes the protagonist of this game after killing Joel in the laziest way imaginable

Ellie in the same game also suffering thorough Character Assassination of her personality: Going from plucky and brave girl to angry Lesbian Karen whose sexuality your repeatedly reminded and have shoved in your face about

“Bigot sandwiches”

Last edited:

Proto234

Distinguished
The plot of Cross Ange
At least Embryo is somewhat a silly yet entertaining type of villain lol. And I like Ragna mail designs (Hysterica being my favorite)

On topic, probably the whole sequel trilogy of SW (especially Episode 9). Also the whole Holdo + Poe conflict plot

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
At least Embryo is somewhat a silly yet entertaining type of villain lol. And I like Ragna mail designs (Hysterica being my favorite)

On topic, probably the whole sequel trilogy of SW (especially Episode 9). Also the whole Holdo + Poe conflict plot
Oh it was entertaining for sure. Few shows have made me laugh the way it did.

There are some moments in God of War. In God of War II, Kratos happily drains all of his power into the Sword of Olympus and is promptly betrayed at his weakest, even though he was doing perfectly well in the fight without the blade.

In God of War III, Helios seemed to have Kratos legitimately interested in sparing his life. Helios instead insults Kratos and tells him he'll never defeat Zeus instead of keeping his mouth shut. Kratos promptly replies in kind by ripping off his head.

In Grandia II, Elena. Once it is revealed that she and Millennia are the same person, with the latter being a superpowered, "inner demon" alter ego of the former, Elena decides to have herself exorcised even though Millennia has done nothing eviler than testify quite blatantly to her sexual attraction to Ryudo, wreck an empty building, and display a love of fighting and killing, but only of monsters and villains. The pope then proceeds to tell her, quite explicitly, that if he exorcises her, he will use the shard of Valmar within her to reconstruct the demon and, with him, destroy the world. He could not have been any more explicit. Elena ignores what he says and still agrees to the exorcism just because, in her pure, innocent nature, she cannot stand to have anything demonic within her. What is being weighed here is Millennia versus the release of Valmar, the evil god and potentially dooming the world. This stupidity of Elena's also gets one of your party members killed, Mareg, who was one of the strongest and arguably most useful in a fight, right after he received his ultimate weapon.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
FwRPz2GagAAScDl

how cool this guy looks is inversely proportional to how smart he is to the point it’s basically a plot point that he has no idea how anything works and just makes smarter people figure it out for him. as a result he almost got the universe destroyed like three times

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
1686518094206932.jpg

Unironically Jimmy Neutron.

Bro's both the smartest and dumbest character in his own series, and literally the definition or "high intelligence, low wisdom." Sure, he uses his smarts to solve every problem in the series, but half of those problems were caused by him doing some stupid-ass shit thinking shit wouldn't go south. You could rename the series to "Jimmy Fucked Up Again" and nothing would change. In fact, it would probably be more honest if you did that.

Granted this example is different in that Jimmy Neutron is actually a good character in a good show, but the thread didn't specify that it had to be 'bad' :cat

In Grandia II, Elena. Once it is revealed that she and Millennia are the same person, with the latter being a superpowered, "inner demon" alter ego of the former, Elena decides to have herself exorcised even though Millennia has done nothing eviler than testify quite blatantly to her sexual attraction to Ryudo, wreck an empty building, and display a love of fighting and killing, but only of monsters and villains. The pope then proceeds to tell her, quite explicitly, that if he exorcises her, he will use the shard of Valmar within her to reconstruct the demon and, with him, destroy the world. He could not have been any more explicit. Elena ignores what he says and still agrees to the exorcism just because, in her pure, innocent nature, she cannot stand to have anything demonic within her. What is being weighed here is Millennia versus the release of Valmar, the evil god and potentially dooming the world. This stupidity of Elena's also gets one of your party members killed, Mareg, who was one of the strongest and arguably most useful in a fight, right after he received his ultimate weapon.

Oh god, that actually got me tilted at how bad that was and it was the same for many people as well.
Not even sure how the writers somehow made that insane fuckup and believes it will make Elena likeable.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
also: the entire plot of the seven deadly sins immediately after Galan loses to Escanor, and it was already getting kinda bad around then

in fact the ten commandments ad a whole sort of wrecked the series and I have a feeling they were never planned and existed to up the stakes and drum up hype, because there aren’t that many asspulls until they show up

from diane losing her memory three goddamn times to Fraudrin being hinted for over 100 chapters as the one causing everything only for him to die in one chapter, Merlin secretly being in love with Meliodas all along, Meliodas in general destroying the entire plot as it gradually contorted itself to retcon things completely unconnected to him to be caused by him…it’s a masterclass in how to utterly destroy your own story.

It’s also a weird case where power level stuff actually did matter to the plot and was extremely detrimental. In the first 100 chapters, there wasn’t any one character clearly stronger than the rest, we knew Mel had some secret evil power he could tap into but he even lost while using it and it was the best arc of the series. Post 10C introduction we get this forced “he was actually the strongest person in the entire world all along but uhhhhhh his power was locked away”, which while stupid could work on its own…but then every subsequent fight involving him had him absolutely ragdoll enemies that we are supposed to think are serious threats.

You add in Nakaba’s obsession with pedophile protagonists (King is actually worse than Meliodas in this regard) and it is easily one of the most bullshit ass series I’ve ever read. Absolute waste of my fuckin time

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
also: the entire plot of the seven deadly sins immediately after Galan loses to Escanor, and it was already getting kinda bad around then

in fact the ten commandments ad a whole sort of wrecked the series and I have a feeling they were never planned and existed to up the stakes and drum up hype, because there aren’t that many asspulls until they show up

from diane losing her memory three goddamn times to Fraudrin being hinted for over 100 chapters as the one causing everything only for him to die in one chapter, Merlin secretly being in love with Meliodas all along, Meliodas in general destroying the entire plot as it gradually contorted itself to retcon things completely unconnected to him to be caused by him…it’s a masterclass in how to utterly destroy your own story.

It’s also a weird case where power level stuff actually did matter to the plot and was extremely detrimental. In the first 100 chapters, there wasn’t any one character clearly stronger than the rest, we knew Mel had some secret evil power he could tap into but he even lost while using it and it was the best arc of the series. Post 10C introduction we get this forced “he was actually the strongest person in the entire world all along but uhhhhhh his power was locked away”, which while stupid could work on its own…but then every subsequent fight involving him had him absolutely ragdoll enemies that we are supposed to think are serious threats.

You add in Nakaba’s obsession with pedophile protagonists (King is actually worse than Meliodas in this regard) and it is easily one of the most bullshit ass series I’ve ever read. Absolute waste of my fuckin time
Nakaba went from based AF with Kongou Banchou to Discord moderator with SDS and it’s terrible sequel

Legit seems like a different author altogether if it weren’t for the art.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Nakaba went from based AF with Kongou Banchou to Discord moderator with SDS and it’s terrible sequel

Legit seems like a different author altogether if it weren’t for the art.
can’t understand it at all, there are none of the problems 7ds had in KB, it’s such a fun manga

I used to blame Nakaba’s editor, and I do still think a chunk of the blame is on him (Nakaba is insanely overworked even by mangaka standards and his editor would have him doing movie tie in manga while he was in the hospital) but after how many more pedo characters he added to the 4KOA sequel and how generally shitty it is I know it’s largely just his fault as well

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
can’t understand it at all, there are none of the problems 7ds had in KB, it’s such a fun manga

I used to blame Nakaba’s editor, and I do still think a chunk of the blame is on him (Nakaba is insanely overworked even by mangaka standards and his editor would have him doing movie tie in manga while he was in the hospital) but after how many more pedo characters he added to the 4KOA sequel and how generally shitty it is I know it’s largely just his fault as well
And characters he turned into pedos. Could give a damn about Vivian as disgusting as that recent chapter was but damn did he do Jericho dirty.

Back