What are your Pet Peeves?

El Hermano

Acclaimed
It pisses me off when someone uses "like" every second word. It also annoys me to hear people on the phone just going "Hmm. Yes. Hmm. Yes." on repeat for the duration of an entire conversation. I get it that sometimes people don't have much to say or shouldn't say anything more but it just irks me.

Kaigainiki

ホンカ・ドンカ・バドンカス
V.I.P. Member
I understand the importance of simple pleasantries from random strangers like "hi, how are ya?"

But don't go any further than that and pretend like you want to hear anything other than "good" or "fine".

Don't belittle me acting like you actually fucking care. :doge

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
not sure if this is a pet peeve but i hate being touched casually, anything from an unwanted hug to someone putting a hand on my arm or shoulder. also just being that close to me is enough to bother me

Not reacting accordingly or strongly enough means you're cold or uninterested in the event or person.

Looking for signs and hints in obviously clear concepts or remarks.

Being a nice person means bending over.

Being a sarcastic easy going person means you're also immune to the negative bullshit plaguing the softer more emotional people.

Excellent memory is the main sign of intelligence.

Looking for your well-being and enjoyment is a sign of egoism.

Trying to be heroic is a sign of narcissism.

Not risking it all to be a hero is a sign of cowardice.

The good christian turns his other cheek.

Failing more than once in anything means the issue is in you nothing else.

People being picky little pathetic smart asses.

The term bug is silly and improper since there's a whole order of true bugs and confuses newcomers to the entomology field.

not sure if this is a pet peeve but i hate being touched casually, anything from an unwanted hug to someone putting a hand on my arm or shoulder. also just being that close to me is enough to bother me
I dislike hugging people and every girl in high school wanted me to hug them at least once cause I was big and apparently it felt good to them? Also two asked to pull my goatee at the last year...

So like is that abuse? 🤡

• Clown
Reactions: Ral

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
if they kept insisting despite your answer or proceeded to do so anyway then, yeah, i would say that that's kinda abusive or at least harassment!

if they kept insisting despite your answer or proceeded to do so anyway then, yeah, i would say that that's kinda abusive or at least harassment!
I mean we were like 17 and to be honest seeing how high school life is portraited in american shows and movie baffles me since we weren't nearly as horny or even mean as is the norm?

I mean yeah pranks and insults all around but we all knew it was games and fun? Like why do all these shows make people believe school life is a literal battle royale...

E

Example

Unconfirmed
People being passive aggressive about things.

People getting treated unfairly for unknown and/or dubious reasons.

People who do not appreciate the works of others. In this case, even minor words of encouragement would do.

seth

Preeminent
when your mom starts talking on the phone while you are on the laptop. You can`t use it since the phone is in the laptop area. You have to wait for her talking which talks so long.

or when your cousin sends you her homework to complete. You can`t refuse since as mother says its family. You then have to do her homework wasting your time. If she wasn`t a kid and family i would have told her to fuck off

Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
when your mom starts talking on the phone while you are on the laptop. You can`t use it since the phone is in the laptop area. You have to wait for her talking which talks so long.
Damn bruh this is sounding more like dial up days :shocked
or when your cousin sends you her homework to complete. You can`t refuse since as mother says its family. You then have to do her homework wasting your time. If she wasn`t a kid and family i would have told her to fuck off
Been telling all young ones to stop slacking and learn shit on their own for years. I swear, some of these kids can be MLG with vidya games, but can't be arsed to 1 + 1 on their homework... my parents never made it passed middle school because they had us, yet, my mom at least "tried" and her ass is mentally disabled. These kids can also shitpost on social media with no problem, know the latest gossip, but can't remember the Mongolian empire :doge

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
To reply to OP title, my biggest pet peeve is when people try to treat me like a dumbass, especially when they try to reiterate or repeat something for a different situation, and then want to be a smart ass about it afterwards. Then when you do it to them, it's a crime.

I started developing low tolerance ever since my last relationship, getting hit by a car, and dealing with idiotic humans, so I speak my mind freely, especially when my fellow humans do fuck shit annoying things I don't like.

I also don't like to be corrected, especially when said person gets butthurt when you correct them back.

Sometimes I believe I am not from this planet as the shit I witness humans do on a daily basis leaves me dumbfounded.

Back