What got you interested into vs debating?

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I was but a babby and got into a lot of discussions between Goku vs Superman, Goku vs Darth Vader, Goku vs Naruto...

Yeah Goku was running the fade with pretty much everyone back then :mjlol

• Kratos Grin
Reactions: Ral

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Can you remember the early days like I can when we didn't know shit about shit and we all were complete novices with about fandoms and minimal knowledge of the verses we were supporting?

Oh the good old days :hestonpls
I liked it better when Goku was the strongest in all of fiction

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
i made the mistake of googling Gold Experience Requiem vs when I was 17 and have been stuck ever since
adding to this I think reading about GER in general led me to forums like Moviecodec and Narutoforums, because inevitably any talk about GER leads to debates. NF had the OBD Wiki which was also the only wiki of its kind back then, which is why I wound up signing up there. After a couple years I took like a 5 year hiatus and just wasn't into it any more, but started posting again in like 2020 because I missed it. Dipped again for a year or so, then kinda got overly hooked again when I started finding out Transformers had a fuckton of overlooked feats and lore.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I don't really recall, to be honest.

In all honesty, it was probably Death Battle :mjgrin

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
The subject matter itself.

I asked myself, what would happen if two animu characters from different series would fight and i also wondered if other peeps had questions like these .

Fifteen years later , here i am.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
I actually don't remember how i found it , but i'm glad i did :skully

I always had interest in stuff like this i do remember finding the wiki before the forums

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Anime Vice. Unironically my first foray into it. I was a lot less experienced back then, and a lot nicer. The OBD is when I started really getting into the hobby, and it taught me the importance of being an abrasive asshole. It's neccessary even outside of any versus context. Confidence is key in any given situation, and you have to be willing to fight for what you believe in. No matter the odds.

The OBD is also a lot less constrained by cliques as opposed to other forums. People are more varied in their opinions, and while that sometimes leads to civil wars, the OBD is the farthest thing from a Hivemind. As much as we joke about that.

The Goku Vs Superman shitstorm in Death Battle’s comment section. Back when people were still using the combat speed fallacy, and other shit.

Someone brought up calcs made by @Endless Mike @Tacocat and @Type-Rey for related and unrelated reason.

I lurked in the OBD, Comic Vine, and Google Comments before Google+, and I preferred how there was less of a hivemind with OBD than ComicVine or AnimeVice or CBR Forums.

You could actually make your case in the OBD and it wasn’t uppity. You could insult and call the other guy a fag and there would be any hard feelings later on. It was more emotionally satisfying in a long term format than other mods just banning you immediately for wrong-think or badmouthing someone who’s friends with a mod. Passive aggressive shit is for sissies.

tl;dr: I came for the calcs, stayed for the bantz

GoldenHeart

Illustrious
Think there was some obscure spanish forum i lurked that had VS debates
Found out they took a lot of their scaling stuff from the OBD, so eventually i came here :naruramen

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
My cousin since like 06 eas convinved Servants were the most broken thing ever. I pointed out several characters that would win against them and he'd just go lol nope.

Few years later after finding the Clamp in Wonderland video on yt he started wondering if X characters could beat servants (at the time the answer was yes) and we started debating. So we googled it and we found the OBD and the wiki. He joined the same time I did but he only posted here and there and never logged back in after 2011 so I used his acc for duping. But thats a different story :maybe

Back