What was your first forum? And how many forums did you frequent before arriving here?

Sabo

Preeminent
My first forum was back in 2002 (or earlier). Made tones of friends, lost myself in the online community, became a mod, failed uni, no GF, didn't even hang out with my irl friends much. Eventually, update my password to something I couldn't remember so I can leave that place.

Maddie

Acclaimed
SCUD from 2012-2014 when I was a dumb 11-12 year old brat. Got banned for being a tard.

Then went on Woodus Dragons' Den from 2014 onwards but would go on and off at different times. Never staying.

Joined Moviecodec/Take5Forums in mid 2015 when MVC died

Joined Vs Battles Wiki on August 13 2015 and would be on there consistently until early-mid 2017 when drama in my personal life got me banned. Came back Summer 2017 until December 18ish then drama came back bad and was banned and stay banned all the way until September 2019, where I would stay until 2020 got so bad that drama revived worse than ever and I got banned forever and for good on July 25 2020.

Joined OBD in early 2017 after lurking/using for VSB stuff, but mained it in the Summer of 2020 after being banned from VSB.

Reactions: Ral

Lurko

Preeminent
My first forum was back in 2002 (or earlier). Made tones of friends, lost myself in the online community, became a mod, failed uni, no GF, didn't even hang out with my irl friends much. Eventually, update my password to something I couldn't remember so I can leave that place.
Sabo was a mod...:smugsloth

Great Potato

Preeminent
I actually don't know the full story of TMF.

Gotta make sometime to ask. I just know PoPs left and good chunk of the OL left.

TMF origins was actually quite similar to OLF, though not near as chaotic as the Jeff situation. Basically a lot of people in the OL had grown disappointed with the direction NF was heading, back when it was modded by StrawHat4Life. I was pretty new on NF at the time so I didn't know the full extent of that drama as the gears were already spinning, but a lot of the OL's most prominent posters like PoPs, Pacifista, Coruscation, Halaros, and so forth were making the transition so I ended up checking it out and eventually rose the ranks to Admin.

Started as NF derivative, but we ended up growing our own unique community with a very different feel to it. Where NF was making the move to becoming more strict and censorship, TMF was very lax and lenient in its atmosphere and what people could get away with. We ended up making our own name for ourselves as an Anime and Manga site through other section; ended up being the biggest and most active Toriko forum online during its run and were also the biggest Kingdom forum online until the site shut down, both contributed to our identity quite a bit.

Eventually the site owner PoPs just grew tired of forums as he got married and was moving onto bigger things, but what ultimately shut us down is that we ended up in the cross-hairs of the copyright machine as we got targeted for all of the links we had to manga hosting websites in all of the chapter threads.

Last edited:

EagleGSU

Illustrious
but what ultimately shut us down is that we ended up in the cross-hairs of the copyright machine as we got targeted for all of the links we had to manga hosting websites in all of the chapter threads.
Is that what happened with Oro Jackson as well?

• Wow

Aries

Illustrious
I was in some midway boards back when mortal Kombat vs DC games was coming out. Then I joined a wrestling forum. Good times

Back