Which Character has the biggest Gap in Feats?

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
By that I mean which Character in all of fiction has the most inconsistency in their feats, without retcons or anything to explain it.

Note : I am not talking about characters that have Outlier Feats that happened one or twice but rather ones who have contradictory feats that happen often to the point that neither side can be argued as Outliers

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Thor in particular is one of the biggest jobbers in Comics.

Goes from being to obliterate entire planets and stars to dying to electric cables and shitting himself to a mountain getting smashed

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Touma is the one that comes up to my mind first. Though he doesn't really fit cause its all but explicitly said that the inconsistencies with his strength is from his mindset.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Also, Supernatural got really bad with this in general, but especially in regards to Angels

Their debut had even a normal Angel (at the time) like Castiel being a casual reality warper who needed constant plot devices that depowered him like losing his grace or even all his powers outright to keep him from ending whatever threat against the Winchesters with a literal snap of his fingers.

Later on, their regulated to mooks getting beaten in hand to hand combat by slightly superhuman humans and demons and other comparatively less impressive threats like the Leviathans who despite their hype, were just harder to kill than normal but otherwise standard monsters.

Can’t even call this powercreep either because A) Angels just forget all the cool shit they could once do for the sake of the plot and B) a lot of what’s supposedly stronger than them like the aforementioned Leviathans end up being hilariously underwhelming anyway

Last edited:

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
The ultimate glass cannon in fiction?
same character who has also slept through these levels of “energy” as well :skully

in general i honestly don’t think there is any series more inconsistent than Transformers

you have in the cartoon them tanking planet level attacks in one episode and being beaten by a bucket of CORN COBS in another one

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
God of War is also pretty terrible with the Norse era.

Everything from Kratos himself whose now a full on god as opposed to a demigod and the Aesir as hyped up as superior to the previous Olympians with Baldur alone being about equal to Zeus while more tenacious thanks to his immortality and Thor and Odin both outright stronger.

But the feats just don’t add up pretty much all the time.

Kratos goes from the pressure alone of a strength contest between him and Baldur causing visible shockwaves, crumbling the surrounding landscape and turning the cliff they fought on into a ravine to a frozen lake that a sufficiently large hammer broke through with weight alone being too much for both him and Thor to crack. And even the former is peanuts to just the feats pulled by Ares in the first God of War game.

Atreus is even worse. Kid can’t even put a dent on wood yet his younger self managed to hurt Baldur with his strikes and he’s the one to even lay down the final blow on Odin

And of course, friendly reminder these are the same “gods” that hyperbole-loving dipshits infecting ComicVine want to pass off as Multiversal badasses through cherry-picking lore and developer statements and ignoring literally everything else

:hestonpls

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Also, pretty sure the World Tree shaking and splintering shit from Thor has been debunked with Ragnarok and no longer applicable.

We see Thor whack Jormungandr and all that happens is the big snek getting BFR’d back in time through Magic bullshit by the World Tree and nothing done to the environment nor any notable shaking at that.

And yet I’m supposed to believe he obliterated a giant tree not even in the same physical plane as Asgard? KEK. Why it happened, who knows. Maybe the Tree wanted to save the snake given it was one of the last of its kind. Lazy writing just to have Jormungandr present in the first game really.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
same character who has also slept through these levels of “energy” as well :skully

in general i honestly don’t think there is any series more inconsistent than Transformers

you have in the cartoon them tanking planet level attacks in one episode and being beaten by a bucket of CORN COBS in another one

Lord_chumley.jpg

blocks Transformer path :mjpls

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Also, pretty sure the World Tree shaking and splintering shit from Thor has been debunked with Ragnarok and no longer applicable.

We see Thor whack Jormungandr and all that happens is the big snek getting BFR’d back in time through Magic bullshit by the World Tree and nothing done to the environment nor any notable shaking at that.

And yet I’m supposed to believe he obliterated a giant tree not even in the same physical plane as Asgard? KEK. Why it happened, who knows. Maybe the Tree wanted to save the snake given it was one of the last of its kind. Lazy writing just to have Jormungandr present in the first game really.
What's even funnier is all the writers had to do to solidify that feat, even if it was never directly shown(out of pure laziness), is have Ratatoskr, who knows more about the tree than anyone else, as he lives there, confirm the tree's shaking and splintering, and then ask what could've caused that, with the answer being made obvious, that it was Thor and Jorm.

Mind you, with what we know after Ragnarok, that still wouldn't net GOW anything even remotely close to multiversal, but at the very least, the feat would exist. :jordangif

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
What's even funnier is all the writers had to do to solidify that feat, even if it was never directly shown(out of pure laziness), is have Ratatoskr, who knows more about the tree than anyone else, as he lives there, confirm the tree's shaking and splintering, and then ask what could've caused that, with the answer being made obvious, that it was Thor and Jorm.

Mind you, with what we know after Ragnarok, that still wouldn't net GOW anything even remotely close to multiversal, but at the very least, the feat would exist. :jordangif
The whole fucking thing became a literal afterthought after all the hype from the first game about Thor and Jormungandr’s destined fight.

I’m telling you, compressing all this into a duology rather than a trilogy and not having Cory from the first game as director just killed it.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
The whole fucking thing became a literal afterthought after all the hype from the first game about Thor and Jormungandr’s destined fight.

I’m telling you, compressing all this into a duology rather than a trilogy and not having Cory from the first game as director just killed it.
Yeah, you can tell a compression job was done, because outside of the awful Ironwood section, the game was decently paced up until they actually started legit preparing for Ragnarok(almost as if that entire chunk of the game was the second part of the trilogy), then the speed at which things move goes from 1 to 10 in the blink of an eye, and all of Ragnarok gets wrapped up so quickly that you're just left baffled. Game really does feel like it should've ended with the preparation for Ragnarok being complete(said section being expanded upon, because they move through that so fast, it's downright comical) and then the actual event of Ragnarok taking place over the course of the final game of the trilogy. :tupac

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Goes from being to obliterate entire planets and stars to dying to electric cables and shitting himself to a mountain getting smashed
The God of Thunder dying to electricity is still funny to me

Also I think I know why Marvel is so inconsistent in power. Back then, Thor was listed as being strong enough to only lift up to 95 tons while Rhino is a 80 tonner, which is close enough to give him trouble. It’s the strength classes given

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
By that I mean which Character in all of fiction has the most inconsistency in their feats, without retcons or anything to explain it.

Note : I am not talking about characters that have Outlier Feats that happened one or twice but rather ones who have contradictory feats that happen often to the point that neither side can be argued as Outliers
Suikoden shield rune/Ryu.

Literally covers a galaxy can die from arrow.

:kannasip

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Marvel's Ares, Juggernaut from Marvel and Lobo from DC comics seems to me more inconsistent than Thor.

Back