• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Who are the worst protagonists ever?

natsu_dragneel_crying_by_fleetadmiraljay_db1w9on-pre.jpg

:heston
sXrhN4c.gif

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
I’m curious, What made Midoriya a popular choice? Dude just kinda seems completely wonderbread stale and boring. But that’s about it.
Most of the final arcs. From basically 6 quirks of pain onwards is the tldr version of it for me. Things about him that just get worse over time (wishing energy, never being truly allowed to have his character challenged etc.) mainly started in the Overhaul arc.

Before I'd agree with you that at worse he's just boring wonderbread but he pretty much becomes a second Naruto by the end.

Civilians raise valid concerns about having their lives put in danger by having Izuku be in UA instead of literally everyone else? Those guys are unreasonable assholes who don't understand. They're so bad they set off his danger sense even when the mass murderering villains don't. His girlfriend proceeds to make a shit speech about how they're the ones suffering while the civilians are clean. A shame that she couldn't help that Shoto guy though. The hell is his speech :mjlol?

Mirio exists to show us if Izuku really deserved Ofa? Don't worry only quirkless people can use Ofa because anyone else would die so don't think about it.

Gets told to diverge himself from All Might's fighting style? Don't worry, the quirk gods will take care of all of that. No need to do more than having a Jimmy Neutron brain blast over learning to use your super strength to......kick. This dude is supposed to be a genius that other geniuses look up to by the way.

Disobey direct orders and hunts down villains on his own even though he's supposed to be working with the other pro heroes? Don't worry about it, he actually helped them even more by doing that.

And that's not even going into him suddenly trying to save Shiggy at the risk of an entire country and the world being screwed and not really caring that much about the risks until someone personal to him (Bakugo) nearly dies. Then all that resolve that makes him better than everyone else as a hero disappears until someone else tells him that Bakugou's fine.

I could probably go on but for the sake of both of us I won't :skully.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I can’t even remember his name but I’m gonna throw the mc from Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer in there, because he isn’t poorly written, nor is the manga, I completely get why his personality is that way, I just really really hated his spineless ass

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I can’t even remember his name but I’m gonna throw the mc from Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer in there, because he isn’t poorly written, nor is the manga, I completely get why his personality is that way, I just really really hated his spineless ass

Wait what

How is he spineless? I can get maybe not liking the way he instantly simps for the FMC but spineless isn't something I'd use to describe a guy willing to betray all of humanity for his girl

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Wait what

How is he spineless? I can get maybe not liking the way he instantly simps for the FMC but spineless isn't something I'd use to describe a guy willing to betray all of humanity for his girl
iirc (and its been like 10 years since i read it) i just hated that he had no will of his own to do anything. It doesn’t make him poorly written (that’s his whole arc after all), I just hated the experience of being with him

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
iirc (and its been like 10 years since i read it) i just hated that he had no will of his own to do anything. It doesn’t make him poorly written (that’s his whole arc after all), I just hated the experience of being with him

Huh. Can't say I ever got that vibe from him. The story does initially set up that he's like that, but a pretty big twist early on is that he's just subconsciously using the FMC to project his own hatred of the world.

He becomes pretty proactive throughout the rest of the story, both as a member of the Beast Knights (being both a main combatant and generally the one the younger group looks up to) and as the "traitor" (he deliberately develops and conceals a technique that is useless against the golems but completely dominates the other knights).

And then of course the final reveal that halfway through the story he changed his goal from ending the world to saving the girl no matter what.

If anything, Sami is the one who gets hit with a bit of the satellite syndrome and just ends up passively waiting for Yuuhi to do all of the stuff.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Oh I guess there is that one dude from rent a girlfriend. I don't read that shit but from what I've seen other people say. Simp is too nice of a word to describe that nigga :mjlol .

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Oh I guess there is that one dude from rent a girlfriend. I don't read that shit but from what I've seen other people say. Simp is too nice of a word to describe that nigga :mjlol .
Just call him a cuck. He is one of the most blatant examples of one in fiction.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I never read Rent a GF, but wasn't there a chapter where the dude literally jacks off to the idea of her sleeping with someone else

The general anime subreddits got spammed with that shit for like a week, it was funny as hell :skully

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Just call him a cuck. He is one of the most blatant examples of one in fiction.
Cuck is an understatement too though :jordangif .
I’m assuming u all are watching rent-a-girlfriend to point and laugh at it :pepesip
Nah just like with Boringto I just look at the suffering of other people watching/reading that piece of shit. And tbf the author going full simp for his own creation despite having a wife and kids was hard to ignore :skully.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
I never read Rent a GF, but wasn't there a chapter where the dude literally jacks off to the idea of her sleeping with someone else

The general anime subreddits got spammed with that shit for like a week, it was funny as hell :skully
This is the kind of shit that I mean. This type of stuff was everywhere. Doesn't even matter if you don't watch the thing:mjlol.

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon
Nah just like with Boringto I just look at the suffering of other people watching/reading that piece of shit. And tbf the author going full simp for his own creation despite having a wife and kids was hard to ignore :skully.

Boruto actually is full of untapped potential if you peep the nuances.

Rent-a-girlfriend though :skully

I’ll let you do your thing though, I just don’t want the squad falling victim to the age of simps :tchpepe

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Boruto actually is full of untapped potential if you peep the nuances.

Rent-a-girlfriend though :skully

I’ll let you do your thing though, I just don’t want the squad falling victim to the age of simps :tchpepe
Jobsuke getting kick flipped into a manual by that alien dude was definitely some untapped potential. The potential to make Yamcha look better by comparison :skully .

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I’m assuming u all are watching rent-a-girlfriend to point and laugh at it :pepesip
I only watched a couple episodes in a stream with the guys and that alone made me glad I never went out and watched that shitheap on my own. The later news of him being a literal cuck just confirmed my assumption was correct.

Back