• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Official 2024 Mafia Host Queue

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Town of Salem?
Throne of Lies?

Are these special types of set ups?
they r not really really mafia. just roleplay turbo claim heavy games. throne of lies is on steam, town of salem is online. both games are intended to run for few minutes, but hosts made a forum based version of them that run for 24 hour day/night phases which r miserable to play

ToL is slightly better and more balanced but the game on steam is pretty dead cuz of trolls not being banned etc.. ToS is still alive i think, u can check it out here https://www.blankmediagames.com/. i think its 5 dollars to play normal expansion and 10 dollars for coven expansion (basically more roles)

you can also try wolvesville. its better than both imo. can play it on phone or PC for quick 5-10 min mafia games

Rej

Preeminent
If I were to sign up a game here, how long would it take for it to be my turn aprox?

Poyser

If I were to sign up a game here, how long would it take for it to be my turn aprox?
The queue is in the first post...

Longer answer is it depends on a few things. Firstly you don't get added to the queue until the game is fully written and ready to go. Then it depends if you want it ranked or unranked. As we aren't familiar with your hosting styles, if you want it ranked you will have to get a co-host that is more familiar with our style of games or at the very least somebody to check over your setup. After Gramma's game, there is currently no ranked game in the queue so you'd just slot in next.

If you want it to be unranked you don't need to get a co-host or anything and you can create the setup how you want it. There are a couple of unranked games ahead of you, but they do seem to be struggling for signups, perhaps due to having too ambitious of a player number. For reference, I'd suggest aiming for 15-18 players max if you want it to fill here.

Rej

Preeminent

Longer answer is it depends on a few things. Firstly you don't get added to the queue until the game is fully written and ready to go. Then it depends if you want it ranked or unranked. As we aren't familiar with your hosting styles, if you want it ranked you will have to get a co-host that is more familiar with our style of games or at the very least somebody to check over your setup. After Gramma's game, there is currently no ranked game in the queue so you'd just slot in next.

If you want it to be unranked you don't need to get a co-host or anything and you can create the setup how you want it. There are a couple of unranked games ahead of you, but they do seem to be struggling for signups, perhaps due to having too ambitious of a player number. For reference, I'd suggest aiming for 15-18 players max if you want it to fill here.
Everyone here is familair with my games and vice versa kek except of maybe 2-3 guys each from NF or the wrestling forum.
I will then try ma hands on an unranked for 16. Will first have to come up with something.

Emil

V.I.P. Member

btw poyser change sock puppet to be ranked. its mostly WS style except everyone will have anonymous account to play with.

rej can go first if he wants as that isnt ready

Rej

Preeminent
btw poyser change sock puppet to be ranked. its mostly WS style except everyone will have anonymous account to play with.

Thanks, but my UY game on WG is currently piping up. If I were to host here then maybe Jun or so.

Poyser

Everyone here is familair with my games and vice versa kek except of maybe 2-3 guys each from NF or the wrestling forum.
I will then try ma hands on an unranked for 16. Will first have to come up with something.
I dont think thats true at all, majority of the playerbase here are people that have come over from WF/WS so don't think many of us will be familiar with your games. If you regularly host on WG, then I'll hazard a guess that the kinds of games you put together aren't the kind of games we'd consider ranked games. Ranked games here are on the vanilla side of things, or soft role madness.

Poyser

Are you gonna get a co-host? I dont think your last game would have gone down very well had it been ranked lol

Rej

Preeminent
I dont think thats true at all, majority of the playerbase here are people that have come over from WF/WS so don't think many of us will be familiar with your games. If you regularly host on WG, then I'll hazard a guess that the kinds of games you put together aren't the kind of games we'd consider ranked games. Ranked games here are on the vanilla side of things, or soft role madness.
I know these types of games. I also played on MU and many other mafia exclusive sites. Maybe I don't use the same sign up forms etc as you guys. I know tho how to ratio a balanced game in the vanilla spectrum.

Tho, if I were to pick someone to coach/confirm me, then I would prefer someone who isn't familair with me, like you. Because that way you get to know me and vice versa and we can exchange.

Me comming from WG doesn't mean I am only hosting role madness or experimental games. I could do everything you wish for aslong the player size is hostable. Which means is that I start folding when the players are like 32 or more. Lmao.

Poyser

I know these types of games. I also played on MU and many other mafia exclusive sites. Maybe I don't use the same sign up forms etc as you guys. I know tho how to ratio a balanced game in the vanilla spectrum.

Tho, if I were to pick someone to coach/confirm me, then I would prefer someone who isn't familair with me, like you. Because that way you get to know me and vice versa and we can exchange.

Me comming from WG doesn't mean I am only hosting role madness or experimental games. I could do everything you wish for aslong the player size is hostable. Which means is that I start folding when the players are like 32 or more. Lmao.
Yeah not trying to say you can't host good games or anything like that, just that we have a pretty particular style of games that we run for our ranked games where we try to make sure the focus is on the game play rather than roles/setup. And as you're not familiar with us and vice versa, then if you wanna host a ranked game then it would be best to get a co-host or at least get someone to run over your setup that has ran ranked games before. Obv if all goes well and people are satisfied with the game, then you likely wouldn't need to do this again in the future.
I'd be happy to help out if you did wanna run a ranked game fwiw!

• Catfeels
Reactions: Rej

Rej

Preeminent
Yeah not trying to say you can't host good games or anything like that, just that we have a pretty particular style of games that we run for our ranked games where we try to make sure the focus is on the game play rather than roles/setup. And as you're not familiar with us and vice versa, then if you wanna host a ranked game then it would be best to get a co-host or at least get someone to run over your setup that has ran ranked games before. Obv if all goes well and people are satisfied with the game, then you likely wouldn't need to do this again in the future.
I'd be happy to help out if you did wanna run a ranked game fwiw!
743711844744822824.webp

Emil

V.I.P. Member
Are you gonna get a co-host? I dont think your last game would have gone down very well had it been ranked lol
was there issues with last game? it ran very well from what i can tell lol

Back