• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Official 2024 Mafia Host Queue

Poyser

@Ratchet theres a couple unranked games here in the queue, but aries batman game doesnt seem to be getting the amount of signups that he needs to run it. Not sure what @Fujishiro is doing with his so probably best to speak to him but fairly happy for either of you to post signups and go whenever

Ratchet

@Ratchet theres a couple unranked games here in the queue, but aries batman game doesnt seem to be getting the amount of signups that he needs to run it. Not sure what @Fujishiro is doing with his so probably best to speak to him but fairly happy for either of you to post signups and go whenever
The Batman game actually just finished running on Worstgen, so that can probably be taken off completely. Pending the okay from Fuji, I can get signups up by the end of this week.

@Fujishiro Am I good to go next?

Lord Melkor

Exceptional
Hello guys, i am planning to host a light role madness game (around 20 players, vanilla roles exist), since i am not experienced with hosting i asked @Fujishiro to review the setup.

My original idea was to host on FV, but it looks like activity is better here? Can i put a sign-up on this forum? I could start within a week if i have enough people.

Poyser

Hello guys, i am planning to host a light role madness game (around 20 players, vanilla roles exist), since i am not experienced with hosting i asked @Fujishiro to review the setup.

My original idea was to host on FV, but it looks like activity is better here? Can i put a sign-up on this forum? I could start within a week if i have enough people.
I hear you have signups posted on other sites?

We don’t really take that here. If you’re gonna host it here then host it here. We aren’t being part of some system whereby you post signups on 3 different sites and host wherever it fills first.

Poyser

Gonna put myself in the pipeline for ONE LAST FORUM MAFIA :garrett

Just as a little warning if you are sensitive then I would suggest not playing. The way I do these is to basically take the piss out of everyone but it’s just banter. Don’t want anyone getting upset!

Grammaton

Consigliere
Obvs I have no say, but to echo what poyser said, we’d ideally like to build -this section-, which hopefully means that people specifically want to host and play here because of the style of game, people here etc (aware we’re a bunch of savage degenerates, but thems the breaks)

Still work to do but it won’t happen without commitment at the individual level, and posting the same game in multiple places and potentially withdrawing it if it fills somewhere else will be extremely counter-productive to that goal. If people want to host games specifically here, then I will gladly help them promote it etc

Lord Melkor

Exceptional
I hear you have signups posted on other sites?

We don’t really take that here. If you’re gonna host it here then host it here. We aren’t being part of some system whereby you post signups on 3 different sites and host wherever it fills first.

Well, after some consideration I decided not to post the signups here on OLF but in places I have been much longer than here (on one of them I have been a member for 13 years) so they are my first choice as here I only played 2 games so far. With all due respect to the Mafia community here which looks really good.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I have seen Ariess also recruiting people in multiple places for his games.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Sorry if I offended anyone. I have seen Ariess also recruiting people in multiple places for his games.
I honestly don't see it as a problem tbh, though, I would not be opposed to having some sort of Mafia Ad Board for multi-forum signups. Forums are a dying breed and only the most popular forums such as Mafia Universe overcome the limits of technological evolution even being on old ass forum software.

Shepard

Preeminent
I like JJK so maybe I'll play it and then direct any of my frustrations regarding it towards Poyser exclusively

Back