Akira Toriyama/ Dragonball remembrance/respect thread

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I'm not one for "grand" goodbyes and all that, so I'll just make this as short and sweet as I can.

I've never been a huge fan of Dragon Ball, but the influence it's had on the things I am a huge fan of cannot be understated.

In some way shape or form, most of the media I enjoy (JRPGs in general, various anime, etc, the list goes on and on) would not be the same (if they even exist at all) without the influence of Akira Toriyama and his work.

Rest easy, Toriyama-sensei. You will definitely be missed.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I'm not one for "grand" goodbyes and all that, so I'll just make this as short and sweet as I can.

I've never been a huge fan of Dragon Ball, but the influence it's had on the things I am a huge fan of cannot be understated.

In some way shape or form, most of the media I enjoy (JRPGs in general, various anime, etc, the list goes on and on) would not be the same (if they even exist at all) without the influence of Akira Toriyama and his work.

Rest easy, Toriyama-sensei. You will definitely be missed.
ZB452np.png

RjdXGQg.png

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
I‘ve never really gotten much into DB aside from reading the manga as a kid and the TFS Abridged stuff, but Toriyama inspired many people to draw their own mangas and many would not even exist without him, like One Piece and Fairy Tail/Rave. I watched Anime for like all my life, but in 2008/2009 I started getting into manga, too. And those years were a very difficult time for me in my life, if not the worst so far. Reading those 3 mangas gave me comfort and joy and helped me overcome those times. I‘m grateful for Toriyama‘s work and that it helped create the things which made me feel better.

May he rest in peace.

Back