Ask Me Anything Related to One Last Forum

Ok genuine question about the forum.

How are you going to try and balance the obvious trolling and chaotic nature of the old school free forums against the more curated and balanced new approach of more modern forums?

For example after I joined NF in 2007 I pretty much defaulted to it alone and ceased any forum activities outside it, basically blinding myself to the slow evolution of all other forums. So when a few years ago I joined a very popular and respected geeky forum I was shocked to see that even the slightest deviation from the thread's theme or even posting a picture without any context or info on where it is from and which character is on it was considered a breach of forum policies? I don't remember the forums of "my time" being so... uptight?

So what will your approach be?

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
NOW :ral
Who came up with the title?
Legend has it that I pulled the name out of my ass; @Trinity can confirm that I randomly came up with One Last Forum like I did with my past forum projects; I pretty much apply logic to my own narcissistic imagination as One Last Forum WILL be the very last forum on this Internet :kukuku

Jk lol I always said to myself that my next forum project would be the last forum project I ever work on or host so here we are :naruramen
Ok genuine question about the forum.

How are you going to try and balance the obvious trolling and chaotic nature of the old school free forums against the more curated and balanced new approach of more modern forums?

For example after I joined NF in 2007 I pretty much defaulted to it alone and ceased any forum activities outside it, basically blinding myself to the slow evolution of all other forums. So when a few years ago I joined a very popular and respected geeky forum I was shocked to see that even the slightest deviation from the thread's theme or even posting a picture without any context or info on where it is from and which character is on it was considered a breach of forum policies? I don't remember the forums of "my time" being so... uptight?

So what will your approach be?
We're already as laid back as we can be and we give our moderators a chance to pick the sections they want to moderate over. You dislike a moderator? Give us a good reason to boot them, I mean proof, solid post screencap shitposts and they are gone faster than chicken on my plate. Most importantly, if you're not causing trouble, not being a dick/asshole to others, and follow the rules of the forum, even the ones not written in the mega shitpost of rules, we won't bother you. To not repeat the bad formalities and structures of other forums before us and still alive, we seek input from our members here to make it so everyone is comfortable and can simple vibe. Am I uptight? NEVER. Am I quick to catch a fit with I don't know how to deal with a troll? Sure, but y'all are grown up enough to help us sort them out before it hits the reports and that's why we love you all :blobtimistic

How long do you plan to run One Last Forum?
Until everyone else gets bored and leaves us to which I will be saddened and never partake in hosting a forum ever again :catsad
Do you like this forum??
HELL N-YEAH! I love the people here and how chill everyone is when we aren't battling our rivals omae wa

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Other than this forum, nope, just love chillin' with you peeps and that's all I need tbh

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Screenshot_16.png

Explain this, clone of mine.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Real sussy talk: I changed my username back to W35K3R for the holidays and LastPass said otherwise since you need to enter your password in order to edit protected Admins from the Admin CP :blobcry

Back