Avatars are pretty compressed in the postbit for some reason.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
This is most likely a style/template issue; If you know where we can look and save us some time doing research, I will loff u 4ever :catsad

Naruto

This is most likely a style/template issue; If you know where we can look and save us some time doing research, I will loff u 4ever :catsad

I'd have to either have access to your templates or go download xenforo on my own and probe around again.

I swear I wrote some instructions for Mbxx that might help you but it's been months and I no longer know where that is, nor do I think I could see that content anymore.

Here, this thread might help:

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I'd have to either have access to your templates or go download xenforo on my own and probe around again.

I swear I wrote some instructions for Mbxx that might help you but it's been months and I no longer know where that is, nor do I think I could see that content anymore.

Here, this thread might help:

You should have Admin/template access now; I created a test template too that we can mess around with.

There is also a post on the bottom of that page that references this thread: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...tars-in-topic-view-without-blurriness.156674/

Naruto

I hope you understand this but when I quit being an admin for NF it wasn't so I could be an admin somewhere else.

I don't mind helping *a bit*, but I no longer want to spend my free time on an unpaid job. If you hit a roadblock feel free to pm me or something. I'd rather not have powers, since powers come with responsibility.

Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
My avvie girl do be looking like she's seen better days~
I'll try not to be a useless cunt and learn this shit too when I have free time.
We will fix her!

Can you send me the original pic you uploaded if you haven't already done so elsewhere?

Naruto

We will fix her!

Can you send me the original pic you uploaded if you haven't already done so elsewhere?
31.jpg

Naruto

Forum is using M sized avatars in the templates, I linked you the largest one available. All you gotta do is replace the letter in the link.

Naruto

For the templates you wouldn't be using a direct link, but if you look for references to M avatars being spanned, just replace 'em with, say, L. It will downscale 192px to 175px and look good.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Wasn't sure if you were trolling but I understand what's going on here (I thought he meant that the image skewed).

Forum is using M sized avatars in the templates, I linked you the largest one available. All you gotta do is replace the letter in the link.
I believe that's what I did with the test template I put up as one of the post says to update the letter size from medium (m) to large (l) in message_macros:

PHP:
<div class="message-avatar-wrapper">
                <xf:avatar user="$user" size="m" defaultname="{$fallbackName}" itemprop="image" />
                <xf:if is="$xf.options.showMessageOnlineStatus && $user && $user.isOnline()">
                    <span class="message-avatar-online" tabindex="0" data-xf-init="tooltip" data-trigger="auto" title="{{ phrase('online_now')|for_attr }}"></span>
                </xf:if>
            </div>

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
It may also be Lightspeed clapping the forum as that's what my host added not that long ago; I'll have to reach out to the host because it's causing 403 errors when saving templates, even though the changes still stick.

Naruto

Turns out I still had my test forum from before the 2.0 update on NF rolled out. I'm assuming things didn't change too much since, so you can probably go to message_macros and find this line:

Code:
<xf:avatar user="$user" size="m" defaultname="{$fallbackName}" itemprop="image" />

Change the size from M to whatever you want (I'd go with L, lowercase).

You're gonna wanna use CSS to then shrink it down to 175px tops (since that appears to be the size you're working with in your postbit), which you can do pretty easily by targeting the element in extra.less or probably just by adjusting style properties on a per skin basis.

I tested it and it works.

Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Turns out I still had my test forum from before the 2.0 update on NF rolled out. I'm assuming things didn't change too much since, so you can probably go to message_macros and find this line:

Code:

Change the size from M to whatever you want (I'd go with L, lowercase).

You're gonna wanna use CSS to then shrink it down to 175px tops (since that appears to be the size you're working with in your postbit), which you can do pretty easily by targeting the element in extra.less or probably just by adjusting style properties on a per skin basis.

I tested it and it works.

This is what's in the extra.less atm and not sure if the letter size change worked or if people need to re-upload their avatars or something.

Less:
.message--post .message-inner .avatar {
height: 175px;
width: 175px;
}

.message--conversationMessage .message-inner .avatar {
height: 175px;
width: 175px;
}

@media (max-width: 480px) {
.message--post .message-inner .avatar {
height: 48px;
width: 48px;
}
}

.userBanner.userBanner--staff, .userBanner.userBanner--primary {
    color: #e5ea4b;
    background: #303030;
    border: none;
}

Naruto

or if people need to re-upload their avatars or something.
I don't see any issue with your CSS, so that should be fine.

People do not need to reupload their avatars, the larger versions already exist on your server. Either your host isn't updating things on their end fast enough (by which I mean, changes to the templates, which is odd since it should all rely on your SQL db and that tends to update fast) or something else is conflicting with it.

Did you make this skin from the base XF 2.0 skin or from some other skin?

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't see any issue with your CSS, so that should be fine.

People do not need to reupload their avatars, the larger versions already exist on your server. Either your host isn't updating things on their end fast enough (by which I mean, changes to the templates, which is odd since it should all rely on your SQL db and that tends to update fast) or something else is conflicting with it.

Did you make this skin from the base XF 2.0 skin or from some other skin?
@Trinity made it from a base XF 2.0 skin; I believe this is very likely a Lightspeed issue since it's in charge of caching and every time I save a template, it saves in the DB with the changes, but the other half, that being the cached good, aren't clearing.

Naruto

@Trinity made it from a base XF 2.0 skin; I believe this is very likely a Lightspeed issue since it's in charge of caching and every time I save a template, it saves in the DB with the changes, but the other half, that being the cached good, aren't clearing.
The thing is that it should be caching images and whatnot, yes, but it's odd that it's affecting this specific issue, because the images themselves haven't changed at all, only what the template is choosing to display.

Have you checked to see if the changes actually stuck after you got an error? :thonk

Naruto

A good way to see if something's up is to deliberately break a skin. Try literally deleting that line that spans the avatar in the postbit for your test skin, save, and see what happens.

If an avatar is still showing, something else is spanning the element instead.

Back