Avatars are pretty compressed in the postbit for some reason.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
The thing is that it should be caching images and whatnot, yes, but it's odd that it's affecting this specific issue, because the images themselves haven't changed at all, only what the template is choosing to display.

Have you checked to see if the changes actually stuck after you got an error? :thonk
No, you are right; it conned me into thinking it the changes actually stuck after a page refresh and I completely forgot that JS errors lead into a shithole especially in form or special editors lol. The minute I went out of the template editor and came back to the same template, it was back to "m" and me legit screaming "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" the entire time.

My host has to fix this mess as I had a previous XF issue before that was due to mod_security which can very well be the case again due to the switch to Lightspeed.

The error btw:

1633115311224.png

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Permissions issue, whoever has access to the actual files themselves should be able to easily fix it.
Support said permission are fine (even though I changed them before I reached out lol).
Support Dude said:
Fro mwhat I see, there are few security rules triggered for the site. Looks like it is blocking the hcnages on the site. I am whitelisting the block as false-positive right at the moment
Please excuse his bad grammar, is speaking potato 🥔

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Should I stay out of skins for now and just let Ral make the coding and color changes to avoid any similar errors in the future?

I only know web designer things, anything more than that it's just surface knowledge, I feel I'll inevitably bork the tech side of things if I keep on at it

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm no webmaster but whenever I get an error like that I go and look at my FTP perms.
Of course, plus, Windows and Linux have different file permission requirements. They did however, link me to a ModSecurity article and after whitelisting my IP, I can save the template now!

Does it look any better? Try clearing le cache.

Naruto

Of course, plus, Windows and Linux have different file permission requirements. They did however, link me to a ModSecurity article and after whitelisting my IP, I can save the template now!

Does it look any better? Try clearing le cache.
Looks dope, fam.

Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I also don't believe XenForo supports gifs out of the box for avatars since as soon as you upload them they are converted to jpeg. It's all style hacks which we can look into ofc.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
175 x 350 when? :doge
soon

i need to learn how to code it so mobile is only square avatars (theres no point in having a skinny avatar when you can barely make it out on mobile, anyway)
i figured it out at one point but its been a while

Back