• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Unranked Bloodborne Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

So unreliable.
Pronouns
She/Her
GoddessBlade sliding right into my scum column by suggesting we keep known SK alive

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
GoddessBlade sliding right into my scum column by suggesting we keep known SK alive
why wud she do that if the sk can *theoritcally* kill mafia. its risky for mafia to want them alive
unless u think balsamic is faking sk and is just mafia

Sky

So unreliable.
Pronouns
She/Her
why wud she do that if the sk can *theoritcally* kill mafia. its risky for mafia to want them alive
unless u think balsamic is faking sk and is just mafia
It's like Magic says. Fewer kills on the table = more time for town to catch mafia

Ratchet

I only play go fish
Okay well I'll explain why it makes no sense for my position to be boiled down to TMI.

Yesterday Rej had 12 votes on him. An ability was used, that remains unclaimed, and then he had 11 votes on him. My contention is that ability was a scum ability used to save him. Now there is the remote chance that scum wanted to set him up. I think this is unlikely for a couple of reasons - one being the ability could have been used later in the game, the other is that Rej thanking the host well in advance comes off in hindsight as somewhat performative. I happen to know I'm town, and I think scum would have a much better go of having Rej (who in this hypothetical is town) flip town and then have more pressure on me. That just makes more sense to me.

So fro my perspective Rej is close to being outed scum. There remains a scenario where he's town, but that's it. On the flipside with Balsamic I had her as scum Day 1, and then she claimed Vig. I had no reason to distrust this claim at the time. Then Ultra comes and counterclaims. I freely accept what that means, but I don't feel anywhere near as strongly as he does that the roles cannot coexist in this game. I could very easily see it as an attempt to give town extra killing power while limiting it.

I think this is all reasonable of course. Now in the scenario where I'm scum, I'm aware here that Rej is town and his flip will reinvte pressure onto me. Why then do I try to stick with a route that is only going to shorten my rope in the game when I have Ultra here giving me a hail Mary where I can not only get rid of the Serial killer for free, removing an immediate threat to me given her claims yesterday, but postpone the Rej lynch for another day which only serves to get me a day deeper. I don't even need to do anything, I gain nothing from defending Balsamic beyond a bit of thread cred if she flips town (and I'd have some reason to doubt that) at the expense of thread security for myself and losing my target of a tunnel.

Now you can argue that my plan was actually to offer resistance without really resisting the lynch, which I mean sure I guess, except I'm again not really gaining anything long term and potentially invite suspicion when everyone else is content to treat it as a guaranteed thing and roll with it. In short, the TMI accusation is lazy and born from confirmation vias, if I'm being charitable with you.

Magic

Resplendent
Or maybe hes good at reading her and didnt believe that behaviour came from mafia.
I mean ultra made the same points as I did for why her behaviour looked scummy and her claim could easily Be a scum claim yet he argued heavily as to why it could just he another town vig and why aurelian would put it in. That isn't about reads, it's about thinking the host just put in 2 vigs and being that confident could mean he just knows she isn't scum.

Magic

Resplendent
Okay well I'll explain why it makes no sense for my position to be boiled down to TMI. Yesterday Rej had 12 votes on him. An ability was used, that remains unclaimed, and then he had 11 votes on him. My contention is that ability was a scum ability used to save him. Now there is the remote chance that scum wanted to set him up. I think this is unlikely for a couple of reasons - one being the ability could have been used later in the game, the other is that Rej thanking the host well in advance comes off in hindsight as somewhat performative. I happen to know I'm town, and I think scum would have a much better go of having Rej (who in this hypothetical is town) flip town and then have more pressure on me. That just makes more sense to me. So fro my perspective Rej is close to being outed scum. There remains a scenario where he's town, but that's it. On the flipside with Balsamic I had her as scum Day 1, and then she claimed Vig. I had no reason to distrust this claim at the time. Then Ultra comes and counterclaims. I freely accept what that means, but I don't feel anywhere near as strongly as he does that the roles cannot coexist in this game. I could very easily see it as an attempt to give town extra killing power while limiting it. I think this is all reasonable of course. Now in the scenario where I'm scum, I'm aware here that Rej is town and his flip will reinvte pressure onto me. Why then do I try to stick with a route that is only going to shorten my rope in the game when I have Ultra here giving me a hail Mary where I can not only get rid of the Serial killer for free, removing an immediate threat to me given her claims yesterday, but postpone the Rej lynch for another day which only serves to get me a day deeper. I don't even need to do anything, I gain nothing from defending Balsamic beyond a bit of thread cred if she flips town (and I'd have some reason to doubt that) at the expense of thread security for myself and losing my target of a tunnel. Now you can argue that my plan was actually to offer resistance without really resisting the lynch, which I mean sure I guess, except I'm again not really gaining anything long term and potentially invite suspicion when everyone else is content to treat it as a guaranteed thing and roll with it. In short, the TMI accusation is lazy and born from confirmation vias, if I'm being charitable with you.
I don't think you're aligned with rej m8.
Okay well I'll explain why it makes no sense for my position to be boiled down to TMI.

Yesterday Rej had 12 votes on him. An ability was used, that remains unclaimed, and then he had 11 votes on him. My contention is that ability was a scum ability used to save him. Now there is the remote chance that scum wanted to set him up. I think this is unlikely for a couple of reasons - one being the ability could have been used later in the game, the other is that Rej thanking the host well in advance comes off in hindsight as somewhat performative. I happen to know I'm town, and I think scum would have a much better go of having Rej (who in this hypothetical is town) flip town and then have more pressure on me. That just makes more sense to me.

So fro my perspective Rej is close to being outed scum. There remains a scenario where he's town, but that's it. On the flipside with Balsamic I had her as scum Day 1, and then she claimed Vig. I had no reason to distrust this claim at the time. Then Ultra comes and counterclaims. I freely accept what that means, but I don't feel anywhere near as strongly as he does that the roles cannot coexist in this game. I could very easily see it as an attempt to give town extra killing power while limiting it.

I think this is all reasonable of course. Now in the scenario where I'm scum, I'm aware here that Rej is town and his flip will reinvte pressure onto me. Why then do I try to stick with a route that is only going to shorten my rope in the game when I have Ultra here giving me a hail Mary where I can not only get rid of the Serial killer for free, removing an immediate threat to me given her claims yesterday, but postpone the Rej lynch for another day which only serves to get me a day deeper. I don't even need to do anything, I gain nothing from defending Balsamic beyond a bit of thread cred if she flips town (and I'd have some reason to doubt that) at the expense of thread security for myself and losing my target of a tunnel.

Now you can argue that my plan was actually to offer resistance without really resisting the lynch, which I mean sure I guess, except I'm again not really gaining anything long term and potentially invite suspicion when everyone else is content to treat it as a guaranteed thing and roll with it. In short, the TMI accusation is lazy and born from confirmation vias, if I'm being charitable with you.
I don't think you're scum with rej m8

Ratchet

I don't think you're aligned with rej m8.
I don't think you're scum with rej m8
That doesn't really respond to anything I brought up there

To cut to brass tacks - are you aware of the events of end of day? That I just summarised. If not, go back and read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back